main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Dragon Prince discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    No, you don't.

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm the complete reverse.

3. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    What does this mean? Yes I do. He is my favorite character, and beyond him I am most sympathetic to the Sun Elves.

4. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    What I mean is that he's not your favorite character.

5. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    who is my favorite character, pray tell?

6. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    I don't know, I just refuse to accept that the writers of our universe would have you have no character development from when you thought Unalaq and Kuvira were the heroes.

The line must be drawn here.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    Ghost likes this.
  7. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    I admit I was deeply wrong about Unalaq. The only good character on legend of Korra was Kuvira. But all Sol Regem did was try to protect his people.

8. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Well, I guess I’m watching this “Dragon Prince” now...

9. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I don't think of either side as sympathetic, which is largely intentional, as the conflict is portrayed as one that continues due to lack of interest in peace.

I don't think the show is all that great. I suppose my favorites are Rayla, Claudia, and Amaya.

10. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    For me, at least as far as the Xendor Ziard-era split goes, it's semi-conditional on Callum not having some kind of special Xadia sauce running through his veins. It's important that any human being could make the kind of connections he does and that he's the first significant step toward humanity practicing magic the way they were "supposed" to.

It does raise the question of why this wasn't something humanity managed before dark magic became culturally ingrained as the "only option" but I doubt it's insurmountable.

11. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I just finished the third season, and I can confidently say that it's become one of my favourite animated series of all time. So excited that they've order four more seasons! It's one of those fantasy worlds that completely draws me in and separates me from real life, which is something I've been craving for a while. The characters are phenomenal. Rayla is my absolute favourite. Her and Callum make the cutest couple ever. I always have a huge dumb grin on my face when they're together. The main characters are also super funny. For example, when Rayla and Callum kissed in front of Ezran and he said "Wait, that's not part of the spell!" Hilarious. Love those small, but memorable moments. I'm really invested to see where Callum goes from here with his magic, and where Claudia's character goes too. I think she'll make a great villain after getting corrupted by magic. They also do the big battles really well. The shot of Aanya appearing on the hill with thousands of arrows firing from behind in slomo has to be the coolest shot in the show.

darthcaedus1138 and Ghost like this.
  12. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Anyone watch the new season, finally back?

13. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Didn't even know it was back, but I do now, so thanks. I'll have to read a recap to remember where it left off.

Ghost likes this.
  14. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    I am two episodes in the new seasons. It is great so far, loving Amaya more.

15. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    I’m hoping for some good Sol Regem content.

16. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Dragon Prince season 5 comes out in a few weeks, on July 27th:

17. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    I couldn't even watch the last season. It was discussing people's fart flavors.