main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Dud Bolt Pit Crew Appreciation Society (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by oqidaun, Apr 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    PLEASE READ AND COMPLY WITH THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES.

All posts in the thread must be TOS compliant and any TOS violation (baiting, flaming, spamming) WILL result in disciplinary action, i.e., ban. Additionally, this thread will be moderated for the local rules set forth here.

Social Thread Rules:

1. This social thread is part of the Fan Fiction Resource Board. It does not belong to any particular person or group of people. All users are welcome. Any concerns about the thread should be brought to the attention of a member of the moderating team.

2. This is a social thread not a chat room. IM style conversations, e.g., single word or short dependent comments, need to be moved to IM, PM, or an actual chat room.

3. Back-to-back posts and spamming will not be tolerated. If the conversation dies down do not post simply to ?up? the thread. Additionally, using this thread to increase one?s post count is also discouraged. There are no prizes for big post counts.

4. If you snark, we ban. Keep personal feuds and unfriendly comments off the board. This includes opinions about the seasonal awards programs, other users, moderators, archivists and any other topic that might provoke snarking. If you can?t say something nice, don?t say it.

5. Fanfic-related or thread-specific discussions do not belong here. Steering the conversation in the direction of a specific fic is not allowed. Posts on specific fics will be viewed as ?pimping? and will be edited/deleted from the thread by a moderator. The user will receive one warning before further disciplinary action is taken, i.e., a short term ban. DO NOT USE THIS FORUM TO TALK ABOUT YOUR FICs. IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT A PARTICULAR FIC, DO IT IN THE APPROPRIATE RESOURCE THREAD.

The rationale behind this rule is to ensure that this social thread is a welcome place for all users regardless of whose story threads they frequent. One of the chief criticisms about this thread in the past has been that it has served as a private club for a small number of authors who used it to discuss their own fics and the fics of their friends. Use of the social thread as a ?fan club? is not in the best interests of this community and simply unfair to all of the other users. Please keep comments on specific fics to the story thread, an appropriate Resource thread or PM.

6. This is not a role playing thread. E-romance, e-bickering, etc? and the drama typically associated with such activities is not permitted in the context of this thread. Users wanting to engage in this sort of activity should do so via IM, PM or in an actual chat room.

7. The general guideline for posting pictures is three per 25 posts. This is a courtesy to the people on dial-up.

8. Try to be inclusive of all users who happen to wander into the social thread (this includes newbies). Treat all users with courtesy.

Please keep in mind that this thread is for ALL fan fiction community members.

So, who's your favorite podracer aside from Dud Bolt?
    Mine's Ody Mandrell

:D

2. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Howdy all! First post!:cool:

Oh, what a relief to have this thread back in action![face_dancing]

3. Jaded_Rose

Jaded_Rose Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2006
    Wonderful! I had missed this so much. What a wonderful name, oqi! Very...original. ;)

J_Ro

4. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Nice to see the social thread back. :D

EDIT:

How we all doing?

5. Jaded_Rose

Nov 15, 2006
    *groan*

Avoiding absolute loads of homework, as usual. :rolleyes: How was your day at work?

J_Ro

6. General_Kenobi_66

General_Kenobi_66 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2006
    YAY!!!! New thread!!![face_dancing]

I'm doing fine, Jon. :) Man, I missed talking to you guys :D Glad to see this back [face_dancing]

I'm off for the night though. See you all laterI-)

7. KoolKoal

KoolKoal Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2007
    My fav podracer was Ben Quadineros (sp?) because he was the best for my racing style in the n64 game :).

Great to have the thread back. I didn't get to vent about being super busy this weekend when I was still mad though :mad:.

I also got Guitar Hero 2 for xbox360 :), that's been fun to play.

8. Jaded_Rose

Nov 15, 2006
    Bye, Nadia! I have a question for all those who read this after I get offline - how relieved were you to see the new social thread, and how do you think that reflects upon you as a human being? :p

J_Ro

9. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    *Shrugs* It was a relatively boring day, Jaded_Rose. I got the next two off, though. [face_dancing]

Good night, Nadia. [:D]

10. Drabba_the_Hutt

Drabba_the_Hutt Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2005
    On Saturday, I went to see The Producers on Broadway. The show closes in less than two weeks, so I figured I'd better go now. Otherwise, not much has happened in the interim, though I did write a couple drabbles.

11. Jaded_Rose

Nov 15, 2006
    You lucky gundaark! My parents just got back from a 16 day vacation in Italy, and they keep bragging about it while some people are trying to do work! Why do you get off this week?

J_Ro

12. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    Well just as I get ready for bed.. but at last! Have a good night you guys!

13. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    I'm getting ready for 24 at 9pm PST. I know some of you have already seen it, but no spoliers, k? :p

Not that many of you watch it, me thinks.

14. Jaded_Rose

Nov 15, 2006
    My cousins are addicted to that show. I prefer The Office, myself, though. How's the baby?

J_Ro

15. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Baby Mace is good. He just about to be put down for the night. What an adorable kid. He'll be a heart breaker, that one. ;)

16. Drabba_the_Hutt

Drabba_the_Hutt Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2005
    I saw 24, but don't worry, I won't spoil you. I'll wait until after you've seen it to discuss the scene with Kim and the orangutans.

17. janiasolo

janiasolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2002
    You and me both. I need to write a five page paper due tomorrow. Current page count: 0

18. Jaded_Rose

Nov 15, 2006
    My sorrow for yours. I've got a Poetry unit assignment, and I actually would be doing rather good if I didn't keep chatting online. [face_blush] brodiew, I bet he'll be a heartbreaker. With a name like Mace... my heart breaks everytime I see Samuel L. Jackson!

J_Ro

19. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    And right as I'm about to go to bed from an absolutely exhausting day. Somehow I don't think tomorrow is going to be much better.

Good to see the thread back in action. Have a good night all!

20. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Yay! It's open. I went to bed around the time that this set up shop, of course, but now I'm awake again and not happy about it.

I love The Producers.

My only two TV addictions right now are NCIS and Heroes. I've tried getting into other things, but there's just no real attraction for me. I like something with intensity of plot and really complex characters. And, of course, something that will make me laugh hysterically at some point during the show.

21. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    I like Heroes, although right now we're only about half-way through the first season. :p

Glad to see this thread back up, btw. I saw that it was taken down for reaching the 10,000 post mark...is this a rule for threads in the resource section? If so, how come the "teenage" thread is way over this mark?

EDIT:
    Not sure if I'm supposed to field questions of that kind in this thread, but someone can edit it out later if I can't 8-}

Oh, and has anyone been following the world cup cricket??

GO AUSTRALIA!!!!!

[face_dancing]

22. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Yay, it's back.:D
    It was a long and lonely Easter without the Social Thread around.:(

10,000 is a rule, but I think it does not apply to thread with a certain topic, only to socials. I might be way off, though.

23. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Ah :) Ok, thanks for that, Lanna :D

How is everybody this evening/morning??

I'm cold and sick...it's just starting winter here, and the colds are everywhere! :(

But I'm so glad it's cold...thought it would stay hot forever!!!

24. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Well, I'm bored and on the verge of being emo.:oops:
    Besides I itch all over, and have a hard time not scratching. Still haven't found out what the reasons is this time. *sigh*
    My skin is probably just being spiteful.

It's just getting spring here, but no sunshine yet, and temperatures that are too cold IMO. But then I'm always freezing when it's below 15 Celsius.

And now I need my hands for scratchin....

25. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    :( for the scratching. Hope it gets better soon [:D]

Sick of chocolate already...and I have so much!

[face_sick]

*shares chocolate bunnies with the rest of the social thread*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.