main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Dud Bolt Pit Crew Appreciation Society (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by oqidaun, Apr 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Must agree, Ish... I don't even know who the Dud Bolt Crew is.

2. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    for those intersted in a little more information:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boris_III_of_Bulgaria

Although, he did not allow extradition of the Jew in his country, he did allow Jews to be taken from territories occupied by Bulgaria.

His stand was bold, but the pressure was intolerable I'm sure.

3. Kelli_LB

Kelli_LB Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    I don't know who he is, but we are supposed to appreciate his pit crew. :p

Dud Bolt, not the king of Bulgaria...Although I'm sure if he had a pit crew, it would be awesome. ;)

4. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL, that's so cute.

I always assumed the Dud Bolt Pit Crew had to do with those obnoxious pit droids in TPM.

5. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    The school week is over for me! No class until Wednesday. Now off to work. :p

I believe the Dud Bolt pit crew are the little bots that fixed the speeders and what not in TPM. They were kind of cute. :D

6. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Very cool. Enjoy.

7. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I want Uni to start soon. I don't go back for another 4 weeks though. :(

8. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    The Dud Bolt Pit Crew refers to the droids in the pit crew for pod racer "Dud Bolt" in TPM.

King Boris collaborated with Hitler and Bulgaria was an ally of the Axis. The Bulgarian government protected its Jewish citizens from deportation (which was a considerable feat), but non-Bulgarians met the same fate as many other Jews in Europe during the Holocaust. Here's another place to read more: http://www.ushmm.org/wlc/article.php?lang=en&ModuleId=10005451

9. Kelli_LB

Kelli_LB Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    King Boris collaborated with Hitler and Bulgaria was an ally of the Axis. The Bulgarian government protected its Jewish citizens from deportation (which was a considerable feat), but non-Bulgarians met the same fate as many other Jews in Europe during the Holocaust. Here's another place to read more:

Very true, that is something we should never forget.

10. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    And the social thread takes a serious turn... :p

I have to write three fake prescriptions for pharm next week, one for an oral tablet, one for a liquid, and one for a parenteral drug. I think I'm going to write them for Star Wars characters. :D I'm going to give Anakin a scar cream for the parenteral, and I know I want to use Obi-Wan. I'm not sure who to have for the other character or what drugs to give them. [face_thinking] I hope I amuse my professor. :D

11. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Ahh, cool, I had always wondered about it. I quite like my pit droid icon. :)

12. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Ah. I was eyeing the handsome bearded Jedi at the pod race.

13. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Move to Chicago. Not only will you get cold winters, you'll get the lovely icy breeze that comes off the lake and forces you to run building-to-building style down a street.

Not that I would know. I've never really experienced a Chicago winter. But I get to for the first time this year. [face_dancing]

I would love to see the new social thread have the longest thread name EVER in Fan Fic. :D

14. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Maybe this time... just call it 'the social thread'. Nice, simple and to the point.

15. Drabba_the_Hutt

Drabba_the_Hutt Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2005
    I'm not so sure about that. Longest ever in Resource, maybe, but there've been some fics that have put so much in their title lines they wrapped around two or three times, and doing that for the social thread would probably result in a bloodbath.

16. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    I think the boards have a limit too. :p

17. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I vote for the shortest name ever--The Q-crew. Cryptic, etc.

18. NiobeAsha

NiobeAsha Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 6, 2007
    Hi all! What's new this evening?

19. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    Hi Niobe. :) It's Saturday lunchtime here, and I just got back from the shops and bought a new blender :D Of course, I had to test it out right away, so I made myself a mango frappe. =P~ What is everyone up to?

20. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    So, I was watching an episode of ER tonight and Ray was saying something that involved the word for a female dog. I won't repeat it here. The point is, for some reason, my computer froze at that moment and, until I could manually shut it down nearly a minute later, it was screaming that particular profanity over and over and over again at me." Kateydidnt was laughing hysterically, I was bright red and frantic.

21. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    [face_laugh] Were you watching it online Ish, or did your computer have an identity crisis when it froze and suddenly believed it had become a Speak-n-Spell?

22. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I've had something similar happen, but never that exact word.

23. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Watching online.

24. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    It's far too early for me to be up, but I woke up a few hours ago and can't sleep. :(

25. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Sorry to hear that, mousse. :) I'm up, writing my way to a b-day present for a friend whose b-day on Sunday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.