main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Dud Bolt Pit Crew Appreciation Society (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by oqidaun, Apr 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    :)

Did anybody hear NBC is bringing back American Gladiators?

2. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    That's cool. :)

I'm writing some OC fic while I'm waiting for it to be breakfast.

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Cool. I'm writing one of my most...well, I absolutely despise this character, but he is an excellently twisted OC. And he's named after a good friend here at the boards, who consented to be bureaucratic evil incarnate.

4. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007

I heard that. :) I wish they'd bring back Australian Gladiators, too. I remember watching it as a kid.. it was a very cool show back in its day. :D

5. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    *meep*

the right words still refuse to come.
    And I think I got bored with psychological angst.

I think I'll have coffee and write on that crossover. At least, I don't have to make sense there....
    [face_coffee] [face_hypnotized] [face_coffee] 8-}

EDIT 1: coffee inbibed, writing so-so.
    I need a reason to have Eeyore come to Owl's house. No, wiat! I have a much batter plan....[face_idea] [face_knocked_out_by_Muse]

EDIT 2: can I get some random pseudo-information about the arbitratiness of time-space?[face_batting]

6. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Yay!!!! :D

I've been wanting more SW/WtP. :D

My OC is being stubborn, so is Qui-Gon. They need to meet so my OC can become all angsty about something that happened in their past.

7. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    [face_tired] Ugg... way to early to be at work on a Sat! [face_coffee]

Did anybody hear NBC is bringing back American Gladiators?
    :eek: Are you serious??? Awesome!!! I loved that show! Sad, I know... but true!

8. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    :eek:

No one should be at work on a Saturday.

9. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    I know!! And I work for a bank! What happened to bankers hours??? :p

I'm not really allowed to be on the net for non-banking reasons, but I really don't care! (Oh and "everyone else does it!" :p )

10. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    I'm at work.[face_plain]
    And still considering time-space. I'm not good at technobabble at all.:oops:

I've seen it, moose. And I'm working on it. Only the fic is far down on my priority list.[face_blush]

I don't even know what show you're talking about.
    But then I'm in Europe, that's awlay an excuse.

11. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    That's madness! That's insanity! :eek:

Time-space is crazy. :)

But I need more! :(

I know the show, but only because we had something similar. Basically you have contestants who take part in challenges. There are these 'gladiators' to stop them winning the challenges. One challenge I remember involved standing on a pillar with big sticks and trying to knock the other person off.

12. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Ah, I think I remember like the pillar-stick-thingy.
    Never been my kind of show, that stuff. *shrug*

I don't think I'm allowed to, either, but who will know?[face_mischief]

Yeah, what happened to bankers hours? I mean, what are you doing there now?:confused:

The trousers of time have gotten all knotted up with the shirts of space and everything is kinda gone fluffy during tumble drying
    How about this?[face_thinking]

Does anybody care to explain superstring theory in five easy steps to me?:p

13. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    That's madness! That's insanity!
    I know!!!!

One challenge I remember involved standing on a pillar with big sticks and trying to knock the other person off.
    I always wanted to play that one... who wouldn't like to beat someone else up with a big padded stick!
    :p

Yeah, what happened to bankers hours? I mean, what are you doing there now?
    Sadly, handing out tons of money! Since Mon is a federal holiday (Labor Day) and we are closed, people act like they will never be able to get money again! 8-}

But my branch is always open on Sat... and it bites!

EDIT: I once read something about the Chaos Theory in 5 easy steps, but I haven't seen one for String Theory, sorry!

14. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Aw, that sucks,mavjade.
    I have to work most Saturdays, too. Not fun.[face_plain]

He, maybe they're right? What if the world ends tomorrow? They will never have the chance to go to a bank again.:p But I know the effect from shops. Never go shopping before a holiday. You might just get trodden to death. Not to mention that half the shelves will be empty.:rolleyes:

Query: Anybody knowing the name of a very strong psychotropic drugs? I have no knowledge there. *sigh*

EDIT: Eek! My bf just arrived to collect me! He'S two hours early!!:eek:
    But the nice Ladies of the museum let him into the exhibition for free. *phew* He needs to be entertained...

15. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Anybody knowing the name of a very strong psychotropic drugs? I have no knowledge there. *sigh*
    Ummm... ???? I have no idea! Google?

EDIT: Eek! My bf just arrived to collect me! He'S two hours early
    Awww! That's sweet though! At least he is entertained!

16. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    mavjade, I do to! Luckily I only have to work every other Sat., and this is the first actual long weekend I've had in...I can't remember.

I firmly believe that if the Federal Reserve isn't open for business, then neither should we! (I petition that fact every year when they discuss changing our hours)

The day of & after 9/11, people actually acted like that. Especially older folks that thought the world was really ending.

17. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Because of my school sched. I end up having to work every Sat! :(

I firmly believe that if the Federal Reserve isn't open for business, then neither should we!
    I agree completely!!

The day of & after 9/11, people actually acted like that. Especially older folks that thought the world was really ending.
    Uggh, I bet! Glad I didn't work for a bank at that time!
    I'm not looking forward to black Friday! I've heard that is a aweful day to work at a bank!

18. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    I tried to google, mavjade, as well as wiki. But I need something people would recognize. If I said, well, just stuff yourself with Haldol, and nobody knows what I'm talking about... no good.

Yup, sweet. Especially since we had such a fight yesterday.[face_love]

I'll believe the world ends, if either God or Stan knock at my door politley telling me to come along. Everything else is just a passing annoyance.;)

19. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    God comes to my door, eh. *shrugs*

But if Stan comes to my door...especially if we're talking about Stan Marsh from South Park, well that's a different story. :p

(I know, you're a fast typer)
    EDIT: Off to get a hair cut ya'll, the bank doesn't let me wear it as long as I used.

20. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    I'd know what you were talking about MsLanna, but I see your point. Umm LSD???

'll believe the world ends, if either God or Stan knock at my door
    edit: Ack, my computer posted with out my permission!
    I was going to say... LOL That made my day! (As well as my co-workers!) Thank you!

21. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    I'm not that fast a typer. Stan is my usual way to type him. :p

So far neither has knocked on my door. Maybe I should be happy, not all who got involved with God found a happy end.[face_worried]

Hmm, think I'll pm AF for the medical stuff. Where is she when I need her?:_|

EDIT: glad to have made your day, mav. I'm sure you can call on Stan any time. :p

22. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    glad to have made your day, mav. I'm sure you can call on Stan any time.
    LOL! I don't have to...Stan is totally my boss! That is what we've decided we are going to call her from now on! :D

23. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    hola folks...

for psychoactive drugs, try wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychotropic_drugs
    it has a decent list of them...

anyways, how's everyone this mornin?

24. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Have fun with that, mav.:D

Thanks Kidan, but a list does not really help me. I will never know what is a known medicament. [face_blush] The readers must be able to recognize it as a drug..

25. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Hey Han! I'm wonderful... or I will be as soon as I get off work!
    How are you??

Oh my... I totally just saw a check that was made out to a company called Window World, but instead the check said Winda Warld, I kid you not!
    Oh how I sometimes love living in West Virginia [/sarcasm] :rolleyes:

Edit: Ack! The rolling eyes was to the living in WV, not you Han!!!! It just put it in the wrong place for some reason! Sorry! (It was up by your name if I managed to edit it before you saw it)Ya know I got nothin' but love for ya! [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.