main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Dud Bolt Pit Crew Appreciation Society (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by oqidaun, Apr 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Hi, BigE. I'm Ish, resident pestilence.

2. AnakinsFavorite

AnakinsFavorite Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2006
    Well, Ish, I think we did our good deed for the day- making a newbie feel comfortable and welcome ;)

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Hi, BigE!

My college was normal I guess. There were partyers, but I wasn't one of them. :p I was too busy trying to get good grades and being a single mom. [face_mischief] That tends to keep any partying to a minimum. [face_laugh]

It's interesting to use curricula from a religious publisher. You get a whole new perspective on things. And even if you don't particularly agree with their stance on things, at least you can start to understand how they think a little more.

I've done some substitute teaching at what I call "hardcore" religious schools. It really wasn't for me. :( It's a good fit for some people, just not me.

Of course, my grandfather enforced a very strict code of honor for the family. He had that steely blue gaze that could strike fear in the heart of a mountain lion. [face_laugh] But he taught me some valuable lessons. Maybe it was because he was military but I never wanted to cross him, even as an adult and with kids of my own. :p

4. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Nice to meet you, BigE. I'm Striker or Jon, but I prefer if my friends call me Jon. :) So call me Jon. I'm the resident... something.

What am I?:confused:

5. Drabba_the_Hutt

Drabba_the_Hutt Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2005
    Apparently waving your arms and shouting "Ooga booga booga!" at them only does that some of the time. :(

6. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    You're Jon. :) The resident nice guy.

7. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Resident NJO hater.

8. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    Resident JINO namer.

9. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Ish beat me to it!

Jon, you are the resident Bantam apologist! Where's my YJK!

Plus he loves the Tenel Ka! :)

10. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    I think we scared him off :(

11. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    LOL. You didn't scare me off, folks. And thanks. :) [:D] And where is the YJK, brodiew? It's in my heart, and my bookshelf. And a lot of other's bookshelves.

12. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    It wasn't slam, Jon. I just never read it. You know I agree with you for the most part. ;-)

13. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    I... knew that, brodiew. I didn't take it as a slam, dude. I was going for a philosophical take, there. Sorry, dude. :(

14. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Actually, AF, more then 5 of those were yours, I think I got like 5 from each of your socks, I dunno, but it was more then 5. But the pm?s wasn?t all from 94 different stories, because I could never keep up with that many.

I?m still a die-hard Lost fan, and I love Angel (I had to wait until now to see the other seasons besides 1 & 2), Stanoff, Stargate Atlantis (I?ve never seen that show until now either), Ugly Betty and Simpsons. Such a weird mix I know.

AF, good luck with the purse shopping, I only have one black that I hardly ever use because it?s so small.

It has been warm and sunny outside for the past few weeks, which I was happy about because I live in Sweden and it?s always cold here, but yesterday it snowed again.

Vadey, I know what you mean, I?m a night owl and I?m not fun dealing with in the morning, if you want to wake me up you better do it with a loooong stick, otherwise you risk getting a black eye, and do never talk to me before I have breakfast because then I?m not nice.

Hey, BigE, I?m Star_Angel, or angel, or star, whatever anyone prefer.

15. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    Boys, stop fighting. :p Do we need to sing Kumbaya together? [face_mischief]

16. Drabba_the_Hutt

Drabba_the_Hutt Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2005
    I'd start listing the shows I follow, but there are at least two or three for every night of the week. And if I started throwing in the shows that are between seasons...

17. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    No, I wasn't scared off, just doing this and that (mostly trying to get part 2 of a GWG response written along with some DRL work).

And I'd prefer to say that perhaps I'm a newbie to socializing in Fan Fic, but I've been around.

18. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    Looks at registering date. Ah, yes...

We tend to be smothering, don't we?!

Tootles- I'm off to get frustrated shopping!

19. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Well have fun getting frustrated. ;)

20. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I came here for nothing but the fanfic, then got corrupted.

21. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Hi there, BigE. Its good to see you in here socializing.

22. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    I came for the fanfic, stayed to debate NJO in the lit. boards and join clubs in the EU community. The fic boards are my main boards. These people are my friends. :)

23. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    It's good to be seen. :-B

24. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Howdies BigE! :) I'm the resident Dooku fangirl [face_laugh] well most know me as that ;)

So Jon, meant to ask if the snow cleared up or do you still have some about there?

25. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Hey Jon, or anyone, what am I?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.