main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Dud Bolt Pit Crew Appreciation Society (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by oqidaun, Apr 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KoolKoal

KoolKoal Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2007
    At first when I read this I thought that by engagement you meant your marriage. I thought, Well that's good, aren't/shouldn't they all be? LOL :oops:

I feel better about my stupidity now that I've vented that [face_blush].

I hope you have a good time, that sounds really cool.

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    My future sister-in-law is finally treating me normal again. She's been really weird towards me for the last few months as if having an ex-husband is a disease that's catching.

3. Araxie

Araxie Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2006
    I am fine today, other than a cranky child. :_| Part of being a mom! At least she is taking a nap now!

Ish, I like to think Bhera died with Bail. Just my way of thinking. :)

4. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Well, that's the theory of someone at Wikipedia. I've set up my fanon for her being very sick when Leia's 4, but not sure if I'll leave it with that.

5. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I like to think that too, Araxie. Maybe in the palace, looking up at the Death Star a'la Jor-El and Lara from Superman.

And that's... odd, Ish. Not good, either, IMHO.

6. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    It's mostly just sad because she and I were wicked tight while Reed was in Brazil for 2 years. We were in the choirs together and now she's really weird.

7. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    I heard somewhere that they're adding/taking away from the movies (all 6...again) and they're supposed to add a scene where Bail is looking up into space right before Alderaan goes boom. Sooo :D who knows, maybe we'll see Breha with him...but I do recall somewhere (can't remember where....) that Breha dies a few years after Leia is taken in by her and Bail.

8. NiobeAsha

NiobeAsha Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 6, 2007
    Sheesh, you go to work for a few hours and miss out on so much. Ok, let's see here...

Hi MsLanna! What's new in your world?

*waves to BigE* Hi! I'm not the resident anything (yet), but welcome anyways. :D

I am happy to report that it made it into the 40s today for the first time in almost a week. It's pathetic - last Tuesday our high was 76 and today's was 43. :mad: I swear I'm moving back to California.

AF - Good luck with the purse shopping! Get a purple one. Purple is the best color. :D

DarthIshtar (may I call you Ish?) - Great news on the date! Is his major Mandarin or Cantonese (or both)?

brodiew - Glad to hear Mace is doing well!

oqi - What an awesome opportunity! My friend Jenn met him before and said that you could feel something incredible in his presence.

9. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    New place! Woot! [face_peace]

10. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Hi, Niobe. Of course you should call me Ish. :) Everyone, even in Real life, calls me that at the moment. And it's Mandarin.

11. NiobeAsha

NiobeAsha Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 6, 2007
    Hehehe, okies. You just never know...

Sweet! My Mandarin isn't what it used to be, but I could teach you a few choice phrases. :D The bad part is that the tonal inflections just don't translate well over the 'net and they make a HUGE difference in what's being said.

12. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I know a few things, mostly from going to Taiwan. I know how to say "hello," "how much does this cost," "how are you?" "where's the bathroom", etc.

13. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Ah, so the fan fic social thread lives! :p

Love the new name.

How is everyone? I just got back from work and am exhausted... chasing after crazy hyper-active kids for two hours straight is somewhat exhausting.

I wish I could speak Mandarin or Cantonese. :) Most of my sister's friends are Chinese and they've been promising to teach me something in Cantonese each time I visit my sister, but so far that hasn't happened. :p

14. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I've always wanted to learn how to speak Yiddish.

15. Drabba_the_Hutt

Drabba_the_Hutt Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2005
    I want to learn to speak English.

16. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I want to learn Russian/

17. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    I want to learn Mandarin just because it is the most commonly spoken language. It would be good to learn!

18. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    As I always tell my students, if space aliens appeared one day looking for the "average" human being it would most likely be someone from China or India. I think Mandrin is beautiful.

I know bits and pieces of Vietnamese. Vietnam and Cambodia are pretty high on our travel list (top 7), so I plan on taking some formal courses in Vietnamese next year when I'm wrapping up the PhD. However, the language I'd really like to know would be Arabic.

19. General_Kenobi_66

General_Kenobi_66 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2006
    Hey everyone! [:D] How's it going?

I know Latin, Spanish, and some German, but I'm not really fluent in Spanish. I can speak Latin easily though.

20. KoolKoal

KoolKoal Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2007
    I know English(... somehow) and I've been learning Spanish in school but I'm sure I'll drop it during/after college. It was also apparent when I first started using the internet that I knew Spamish, although at this point I'm not sure if its a language or a disease.

Adding on to that old TV topic: I happily have no shows I'm hooked on right now. Lord nows I'd be stuck on futurama if they started making it again though :p. I'm more hooked to the internet and video games ;).

21. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I only know how to speak English and Spanish fluently. I can understand and read French and speak it a very little. It's to the point where I can listen to friends speaking it and interpret it for other friends. Latin and Greek are my best read languages after that. Hebrew I'm rusty on. Middle English is not really a learned language so much as a dialect.

22. Bale

Bale Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2005
    I took 9 years of spanish, but I'd hardly consider myself fluent. I did have the opportunity to visit Spain. It's a gorgeous country and I'd love to go back some time.

I am, however, fluent in toothbrush-speak and babytalk. :p

23. Jturtle

Jturtle Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    I'm taking my second year of Spanish as it's a requirement for graduation and most colleges look for it and such. Not my choice but it's my easiest class and almost no homework.

Homework in other classes is another story. :rolleyes:

24. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL, well, I took it for 2 months, but those were 14-hour-per-day language study and then I spent 17 months not speaking English. Then I got home, spent time working in a Spanish call center for church, then lived in Spanish student housing, where we were allowed 5 minutes of English every day. I took Spanish classes, I lived with a Mexican family, and worked as a bilingual customer service rep. That's how I stay completely bilingual.

25. Drabba_the_Hutt

Drabba_the_Hutt Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2005
    These last couple weeks, I've been watching the Japanese show Ninja Warrior* on G4, and one of the neatest aspects of it is that, since the competitors aren't in any way competing against each other, they are genuinely pleased when others succeed and saddened when they fail.

*The show (called Sasuke in Japan) is about a tournament held once or twice each year; a hundred people race through an obstacle course, and those who get through it move on to a second one, then a third and a fourth. Most of the time, nobody even makes it to the fourth one. I think there've been two men who've won the whole thing in the show's history.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.