main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC The DVD release party to end all parties

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by obiwan_kurtnobi, Aug 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obiwan_kurtnobi

obiwan_kurtnobi Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2004
    hey all you eager fans out there,

I know you all want to get your hands on the up coming DVD's as soon as possible. I know I do, I also know all of you love a good party. So I've got it all for you wrapped up in a neat little pakage :D So here it is (I'm hoping) I am currently in discussion with the higher ups at work about throwing a night before the release shindig, (I work for HMV for those of you who don't know) It would involve a bunch of events & of course making the DVD's available to you guys at midnight. But in order to make this crazy thang go I have to get support from local peeps who love Star Wars. So if you want to see this whole thing happen post back so I can pass this on to my peeps & they can pass this on to the venue. I need to state unequivically that this is NOT a fan force event this is an HMV event. So if you're not a fanforce memeber maybe just a fan or a 501st who loves wearing that armor & need another excuse to put it on or if you just dig those funky films & want to get a crack on them & avoid standing outside at one of those other distributers stores in the freezing cold @ six am, and not have to miss work and possibly lose your job, please post back & say "this is my kind of event can we do this?" I will check here regularly to try & catch some love.

Just another Fan,

Kurt

2. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Date, time, cost, and possible location would be good data to post, Kurt, so people would know whether they could commit or not. I'm familiar with the details you had assembled as of Friday, but not everyone would be.

Maybe letting people know what all would be going on (a viewing of a film or two, costume contests, door prizes, et cetera)?

You can count on my attendance, as I've said from the start: it sounds like fun.

*Derisa*

3. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Ditto, I'll be there, costume or no.

4. obiwan_kurtnobi

Mar 30, 2004
    Hey, ok so now I'm going around crarifing today, sorry about not making the details more clear before. This event will be held at Lucky Bar tentively if based on response they decide to have us. It will be on Monday the 20th the day before the release. The DVD's will be made available at midnight. That evening events will possibly invovle a costume contest, door prize, band, screening of 2 if not all 3 of the films important to note all of these events are subject to the response I get. So I leave it up to you guys let me know what you want to see there. The only certain things are midnight sale & if the event is held at Lucky a 5 dollar, Also it will definately be on the monday the 21st.

Kurt

5. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    That evening events will possibly invovle a costume contest, door prize, band, screening of 2 if not all 3 of the films important to note all of these events are subject to the response I get. So I leave it up to you guys let me know what you want to see there.

When we met in person, you mentioned you were interested in a few of us judging a costume contest. Has this changed?

Personally, I'd rather see the screening of the new editions than a band, but that might just be me. If there was dancing, then at least a DJ could be playing some of the dance remixes of Star Wars music I've heard. I've got a growing collection of them, in fact.

6. obiwan_kurtnobi

Mar 30, 2004
    no change, as far as I'm concerned, I just want to present people with options, probably no band most likely screening I just want to allow people options. Yes I still want you guys to judge costumes. Like I said options is all.

7. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    Dancing in-between movie screenings, perhaps?

8. obiwan_kurtnobi

Mar 30, 2004
    Okay so I got word today Lucky is in more or less. Just a few more details to iron out. However as it satnds the evening breaks down like this between 9 & 9:30 doors open, after that we will screen the first film. After that or approximatly ther after the DVD's will be available for sale. At this point Lucky wants ther eregular Dj to play for the rest of the evening. Which is kinda coll cause on monday it's 80's night. Which means fun tunes & I'm sure we can convince them to throw in some Star Wars disco or something. Sometime during the evening will be costume contest/ door prize (& after my meeting with my boss today I must say I think they prizes are going to be good). I'm going to start work on planning the rest of this stuff this week. So any ways there it is should be a great night I hope all of you will choose to attend.

Kurt

9. DARKSIDE-DAVE

DARKSIDE-DAVE Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2004
    I talked to you at your work and was totally amped to find out about this FANFORCE area and I am DEFINATELY in for the DVD RELEASE PARTY!!
    DAVE.

Give Yourself To The Darkside!

10. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    Hey, welcome, Dave! Look forward to meeting you in person!

- Rani

11. DARKSIDE-DAVE

Aug 7, 2004
    - Thanks for the welcome! This is so cool that there are more STAR WARS fans here in Vic! The release party is going to be so Rad! It will be quite the story to share with people who just go to Walmart and buy their copy of the Trilogy as opposed to our process of owning possibly if not without question the best movie saga in history!
    Looking forward to the whole build up for the launch of the DVD'S with you and all else who read this!

P.S. - Rani I was wondering if you had any info on a fanclub here in town or meetings?

THE FORCE IS WITH US !!!

12. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    Hey Dave! We do events and meetings at least once a month, and have since April 2002! We'd love to see you at our next get-together. To see what we're looking at doing and post your ideas, check out some of the other threads in this forum, especially the summer events planning thread. :)

Looking forward to meeting you!

*Derisa*

13. obiwan_kurtnobi

Mar 30, 2004
    Wow, this is great I'm glad to have people behind this little project of mine. I will post back again when I have some more info & look for posters in the next month or so.

Kurt

14. haruwindsong

haruwindsong Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    Super idea, as long as it's a Friday or Saturday night and, I hope, before 17 Sep (or after 03 Oct). I'm in Australia between those dates.

MTFBWY

15. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    The party is unfortunately going to be the Monday after you leave, Haru/ :( The DVD release event will be the day after, Tuesday the 21.

*Derisa*

16. haruwindsong

haruwindsong Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    Nuts! Sigh.

17. obiwan_kurtnobi

Mar 30, 2004
    Sorry, I've been absent for so long again I see that things seem to be progressing well here. I hope to be more active as things get closer to D-day. This is just a quick post to let you guys know that everything has been confirmed on our end. Lucky bar will host the party on Monday the 20th sorry guys this as early as I can sell the DVD's. Also it is unlikely that we will be getting copies much before this to allow us to screen any of the movies. In addition just to throw some fuel ont to the flame of you costumers I have confirmed the main prizes. 1st prize will be a copy of the DVD set wds or ff winners choice, A cardboard standee will be second prize & a set of action figures third, there's also still a possibility of gift cirtifcates for HMV being added to any of the prizes. Hopefully this will motivate you guys to go all out on costumes. I will also be looking for 3 able bodied non-biased people to be judges. Anybody willing to give up the chance to win those fabulous prizes. I will also be looking for people for a promotional day close to the release just to wander around downtown & create a stir. More on premotions later.

On a more personal note I've started on a new Tattoo it's a Star Wars sleeve, it's coming along awsome. I can't wait to show some Star Wars fan considering the response I've gotten so far has been excellent.

Your man,
    Kurt

18. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    That's awesome news Kurt! Thanks so much for the update: good news all around. We'll be sure to hype the party in our own media blitz. :)

On a personal note: I can't wait to see your new tatty! Sounds cool. Wish I were both brave and well-heeled enough. :) :D

*Derisa*

19. DARKSIDE-DAVE

Aug 7, 2004
    The tattoo does sound rad! I don't know if this question has been answered but are we in costume at HMV and downtown?

DAve

20. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    We are in costume for as much of the various events as we want to. :)

The Lucky Bar party is for sure and definitely a costumed thing. :)

21. DARKSIDE-DAVE

Aug 7, 2004
    Awesome ! Thanks Derisa!
    Dave

22. TR0773

TR0773 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2003
    I of course am very much looking fwd to this and congratulate evryone on their hard work so far. My Red Mandalorian outfit will be my SW influenced outfit, I just hope its done by game day. Any more details on the PR project downtown, I'd like to pass this info on interested other members. I think I may have talked 3 more non aligned troopers into coming down from Duncan, our forces are growing!!

Randy

23. DARKSIDE-DAVE

Aug 7, 2004
    I too have had a pupil or two non-members confirm they have come over to the Darkside and would like to attend!
    Dave

24. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    I think I may have talked 3 more non aligned troopers into coming down from Duncan, our forces are growing!!

I'm sure the 501st will be thrilled to hear that, Randy.

25. obiwan_kurtnobi

Mar 30, 2004
    hey,
    Yes the tattoo is awsome so far only the emporer has been colored but by the release party yoda will be done as well. All the outlines are finished though, it's kind of wierd having unfinished art on my arm. Just one minor adjustment to the Monday night party the kick off will be at 7:00 rather than 9:00 hope this works for everyone. As for downtown stuff I'm going to have to check my schedule again it's tough to keep track of. I'll get back to you guys this week. I'm busy designing the poster this evening so I may check in again later.

Kurt

Ps Any people up for judging My wife will be one anybody else ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.