main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Emperor?s Daughter (Dear Diary 2007 challenge). OC, Palpy, Vader, others..updated July 25

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Star_Angel, Jan 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Sorry that it took so long for me to update, DRL have been camping on my doorstep the last month, as if I didn?t have better things to do, well, it haven?t all been bad RL stuff though, my birthday took a lot of my time. I?ll tell you this, I might be a year older, but I?m definitely not any wiser.
    Well, anyway, back to the update.

------

G_Anakin ? Thank you.

DancesWithBlasters ? Thank you, I?m glad that you still like the story.

I loved the part where she tried to get the red guard to laugh. I always wondered if they laughed myself! I used to think as a kid, "I wonder what they are under that armor."

I used to think that same thing, I always wondered if they were humans or any other Star Wars creatures, and if they had any special powers.

SithGirl132 ? Thank you, I really liked the line too.

Lea_El ? Don?t worry about DRL, I know all to well how that can be. I don?t know if Misty realise how lucky she should see herself as that she didn?t break more then her ankle.

Asking Palpatine and Vader about Amidala, very foolish and suicidal. Glad she survived.

Who knows, maybe it was just what they needed to hear. Thanks for reading.

------

Entry 8.

Today I realised something.

No one really knows who I am.

Like take today for example, while I was having lunch at school, two girls came up to my table and started talking.

At first, I thought it was really cool since they are the first people in my school that have actually said anything to me but I soon they started to ask me about my life as the emperor?s daughter, like the parties I?m supposed to be invited to daily, and the all he guys that was ?supposed? to fall all over the palace once I entered a room, like that would ever happen to me.

I?ve also seen the holo-news, even if my father do his best to make sure that I don?t. Everyday there is news about something I?ve done, because clearly my oh-so-fun life makes girls all over the galaxy jealous.

I?ve never dated, so those news reports about me and some guy are not true, and that I?ve been sent into custody of the Coruscanti police is not exactly true, I?ve been arrested once but that was a mistake and it happened long before I found out about my father.

It?s a boring story really so I won?t get into any details, let us just say that I was protesting against animal testing and the Nubian police came but I got to go home the same day, although the life a live now can?t be that much different from the life in a prison. But I don?t know, especially Imperial prisons.

Why do I always get of track, it?s a bad habit of mine. Oh well, school, after the girls left me alone I enjoyed a few minutes of quiet until I felt someone standing behind me, so turning around I was ready to jell at the person when I saw that it was a girl.

She was staring between the table and me and it took me a while before I realised that she wanted to sit down. I know I was slow, but can you blame me? Didn?t think so, anyway, we sat in silence until she out of the blue stated to talk, I was surprised at first but once lunch ended I realised that everyone might not despise me.

-----------

Oh and happy Swedish national day everyone.

2. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    I hope she has found a friend she needs one with her father and instructor, the V.

I love the Sweedish accent and get lost in them to my daughters dismay.

Glad you posted again. Thanks for the PM

3. DancesWithBlasters

DancesWithBlasters Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 22, 2006
    Yay for new friends! Misty deserves them. That's interesting about the Red Guards. I actually never thought they were anything all that cool. I figured they had to be small enough to fit in those suits, right? I was a fairly dull child. I didn't really get the whole "Star Wars breaks boundries" thing. I just took it for granted, what with seeing since my cradle.

4. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    I can identify with that- people not really knowing who I am.
    I love the humanity in this!

5. Star_Angel

Jan 18, 2006
    Lea-El ? With the Emperor and Vader, you?re right, she will need all the friends she can get. I don?t really know how a Swedish accent sounds like. Thanks for reading.

DancingWithBlasters ? Friends are great, aren?t they? Hmm, sometimes I get this weird ideas about investigate further into something, especially Star Wars since I write SW fanfics.

SithGirl132 ? I agree, people don?t really know me either. Thanks for reading.

-----

Entry 9.

I wasn?t even sure how to write this, and I almost didn?t, it might sounds weird but with the way things have been lately?

Let me start from the beginning, and maybe even I can work things out.

About a week ago my father decided to finally let me leave the palace and join him and Vader on a trip, it was the only details I got but I was still exited.

Despite the pregnant silence on the ship, it was still pretty cool.

Once we close enough to our destination to be able to see it, my father called me into the cockpit, imagine my surprise when I saw that it wasn?t a planet we were moving towards, well, at first sight it might have looked like a small moon?but it wasn?t.

Do you remember when I found that datapad with a new fruit called the ?Death Star?? It wasn?t a fruit, it was a battle station, and huge one too.

Father must have noticed the way my jaw almost touched the floor because he chuckled and started to explain. The more he told me about it, the weirder it got, and when he told me that it had the power to blow up a planet. I knew that he wasn?t lying. The gleam in his eyes if anything told me that.

When we landed we were meet by lines and lines of storm troopers, I never liked them, it?s something about not being able to see someone?s eyes that makes me not trust them, like Vader, my father ask me to trust him but I don?t, just like I know ho doesn?t really trust anyone, besides father, but I don?t pretend to know the whole story behind all that.

It?s weird how everything aboard the ?Death Star? went in white, black and grey (well, besides the red guards but their name gives them away), it was, just like everything else that?s got to do with the Empire, very sterile and clean, it?s hard to imagine if you walk through an Imperial place that there is so much death on their hands when there is nothing that gives it away.

We moved up to my fathers ?Death Star? throne room, well, that?s what he called it anyway, it wasn?t much there besides a chair and a window that viewed the cold empty space outside. It reminded me a lot about his throne room on Coruscant. I think that I like his office better.

For a while we just stood there, everyone looking everywhere but at each other, I?m guessing that it?s another Imperial thing ?Show no emotions, because no one will show you any.? Then the door opened again and four storm troopers entered with a man in chains between them.

They pushed him forward so that he landed in front of my father?s feet. I could see the fear in his eyes and I could not blame him.

What happened next both surprised me and shocked me, after speaking some well-chosen words, my father gestured to Vader who moved forwards with his lightsaber raised and just?just?I can?t even write it, but I?m sure you understand what he did.

The mans begging still rings in my ears, I don?t think that I will ever forget it, maybe that?s a good thing because I swore then that I would never be like my father.

So yeah, now you understand why I?ve had a rough week, hopefully things get better, at least once in a while, oh, I have to go, I?ve got another lesson with Vader, joy.

(Oh, and with that ?joy? thing, I was being sarcastic, in case you didn?t know, I do that sometimes)

6. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    This is so good. There is so much emotion in this. Great job!

7. Star_Angel

Jan 18, 2006
    SithGirl132 ? Thank you, I?m glad that you thought so.

-----

Entry 10:

I guess that this is another one of those rambling entries, where I just go on an on about something. Well, sometimes they?re needed, because right now I?m just so confused.

My father requested me to come to his office so that we could talk, just him and me, at first I was happy, I thought that maybe finally my father would accept me, it might sound weird, because I know who my father is, and I know who I am and I know how different we both are, but I can?t help it, I just?I need him to accept me.

My mom used to tell me that every child looks up to its parents (not just because they are short) but because they simply worship them and because that?s how the children is supposed to learn, and that it?s the parents job to make sure that the child/children becomes the best people they can be.

I was wrong, and don?t say I told you so, because a girl can dream (it?s like when I was younger and had this huge crush on Obi-Wan Kenobi, a hero from the old republic, I used to dream that he just came walking through my door and taking me away from my then life of boredom, it?s funny how you don?t appreciate things, like life, until they?re gone) but maybe that?s not exactly the same thing.

I was surprised when my father told me that I could leave the palace and go back to my old life on Naboo. At first I was about to scream out yes, but clearly my father wasn?t finished.

?You can go back to Naboo, but then you will be stripped of your title and everything that comes along with it, you won?t have the chance to become the Empress once I?m gone, and don?t even think of asking me to do anything for you.?

Those were his exact words, and it felt like I had been beaten in the stomach with something hard.

It?s weird, any other time I wouldn?t have doubted to say that I wanted to be with my mom. So why did I hesitate? Why have a given my self the dilemma of having to choose between Love and Power? Why couldn?t I have both? But I knew that it would be to much to ask for, Love and Power doesn?t match, sure, love is power, but not this kind of power.

Not the raw, dangerous one. The one that came with being related to the Emperor of the Galaxy, not the one that came with being force-sensitive in this dark world. And I realised then that I was craving it.

So, on one hand, there?s my mom, good- and kind-hearted woman who did everything to make sure that I had a good life.

On the other hand, there?s my father, the Emperor of the Galaxy, a powerful man who kills without even blinking.

But I also crave love, especially now that I have to live without it.

I can?t tell you how many times I?ve found myself creeping out of bed in the middle of the night and moving out into the hall only to remember that my mom lives light-years away and banging on her door isn?t an option, then I have to go back to my then cold bed.

I could just go with a hug, from anyone really, even Vader, although, that might be weird. Someone to really be able to talk to would also be great, I?ve tried to talk to one of my many ?servant? (I hate that word) droids but they are just to cold.

I wish that I knew what to do, I?ve prayed into the force for an answer but it haven?t given me any, maybe because there isn?t one, or maybe I?m not just strong enough yet, I don?t know, I?m glad that my father gave me some time to decide, but I don?t know how long so I better decide soon.

I realise that I complain a lot, I guess that I tend to do that, I know that there are people far worst than me, especially now with the war and the Empire. But it feels good to let it out somewhere, and even if no one will ever read this, at least I got to tell it.

I guess I was wrong when I wrote that I had no one to talk to, I do, this journal might not answer back, at least it doesn?t interrupt me (I do a fine job doing that myself).

Well, I have to go, I have a meeting with my father early tomorrow so I have to try

8. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Great job!

Wasn't Palpitine being a little nice?

9. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    OK, I think Misty is in for a bit of a surprise. Something is just not right here, and there is probably plenty of betrayal lurking.
    I love how all of her emotions are so clear! I can identify with all of it.

10. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    Hey! Pack your bags and go home while you can. Love wins every time.

Good post sorry I missed one but I'm caught up now.

Thanks for the PM@};-

11. Star_Angel

Jan 18, 2006
    G_Anakin ? Thanks, and I don?t know, maybe he is, or maybe he just have a hidden agenda, like he had with Anakin.

SithGirl132 ? Thank you, and you never know what?s going on around Palpatine.

Lea-El ? Don?t worry about it and thank you for reading.

-----

Entry 11:

Mara Jade.

I mean, who does she think that she is?

Just because she happens to be one of my fathers ?hands? doesn?t mean that she can act all superior.

It was a long time ago that something, or ratter someone, made me this angry.

My father called me to his office this morning and when I got there after a quick breakfast, I sat down in one of those dark red and very uncomfortable chairs that occupied the room outside his office to wait.

I hardly had time to debate why my father had called me there when the door opened and a red haired girl came in, she looked like she was my age or possibly a few years older.

For a few moments she just stood there and stared at me, and I, of course, couldn?t help but stare back which she must have seen as a challenge or something because she moved over to stand in front of me. I got up as well and to my happiness and into her obvious dismay we realised that I was a few centimetres taller then her, and I wasn?t even wearing shoes with high heals.

The look in her eyes looked like it could kill but I was saved by my father who opened the door and called me and some girl name Mara, which turned out to be shorty.

We both tried to move through the door at the same time, which wasn?t a big success since it cost us both to fall through the door and down onto the floor inside my fathers office.

My father only looked at us as we got up and moved with the little dignity we had left to stand in front of his desk.

He was quiet for a few minutes while his eyes travelled between us until it finally landed on me and he said.

?Misty, I want you to meet one of my best hands Mara Jade, Mara, this is my daughter, Misty Raven Palpatine.?

By ?hands? I knew that he meant the once that worked closest to him, like Vader and the Mara person, and not his actual hands, something that I made the mistake to ask about the first time I heard him use that word.

Mara only stared at me, and I only stared at my father, it had been the first time he had introduced her to someone as his daughter by her full name, not just ?the is going to be the empress someday? or ?this is my daughter?

Mara still didn?t say anything as she continued to eye me before she turned to look at my father, and simply nodded, as if she approved of me, which I still don?t understand, shouldn?t it have been me approving of her?

But the worst part was when my father actually smiled towards her, maybe it wasn?t the kind or friendly smile but coming from my father it was a smile, a proud smile, and in some strange way I felt myself running cold at the sight.

I mean, it as if I was jealous or anything.

Okay.

So maybe I was a little jealous, but not much, it?s just, well, my father never smiles when he looks or talks to me, he never look at me with pride.

Fine, so maybe I can?t kill someone with my bare hands or even with a blaster (not that I want to anyway) but I?m his daughter, and he might not be the ideal father but he?s still my father.

Maybe I haven?t done anything to make him proud, I guess that I have to start thinking about the learning to kill part?

What am I saying?

I?m so confused right now, so I think that I?m gonna take a break. Until next time, May the Force be with you (that?s a kind of well/good luck wish)

12. SithGirl132

Dec 6, 2005
    I like it. Nice tension between Misty and Mara. That's just how jealous girls act...

13. DancesWithBlasters

DancesWithBlasters Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 22, 2006
    Hi! I don't know if you're still writing this or whatever, but I'm back and you're still a fabulous author.

14. geno

geno Jedi Master star 2

Jul 30, 2007
    interesting story, I hope you keep going with it and if you have a pm list please add me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.