main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Empire is Back

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Phoenix_Berkana, Dec 27, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 5, 2000
    No, the point of the Death Star was to generate enough fear to keep the systems in line, to prevent chaos from occuring.

2. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Yeah, they really managed to do that! I would call the DS a complete failure, typical for the empire.

3. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    The Empire did manage to restore peace and order to the galaxy, wiped out the remnants of the corrupted Old Republic and eradicated the Jedi Order (almost, at least - good performance to leave two survivors from an order that counted thousands of knights).

And now the most important point you rebels seem to forget : had the Empire not existed, you wouldn't have either.

4. Nwalme Jade

Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2000
    "No, the point of the Death Star was to generate enough fear to keep the systems in line, to prevent chaos from occuring."

The thing is, people are not like animals you can control with fear. They eventually rebel, and tyrannies always fall. Bad, bad strategy...
    "The more you tighten your grip, the more star systems will slip through your fingers".

5. Lord_Gita

Oct 5, 2000
    I admit there was a mis-estimation of the rebellion's ability to combat us in that instance. However, the fact remains that the objective of the Death Star was to destroy the rebellion in order to regain peace. The Alderaanians actively supported the rebellion, in fact it lead it. Yavin was the heart of the rebellion. Both were targets chosen with the intention of limiting the rebellions ability to cause chaos by assaulting the Empire.

I did not claim that we are infallible, merely not as inept as the rebel propagandists whom have posted in this thread would have the Imperial citizens believe. Remember, the galaxy under the Empire was peaceful except for those that choose to resist us. All we asked was that our laws be obeyed.

6. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Peace and terror isn't exactly the same thing. You seem to forget that the rebel wouldn't have gained such a big support if the empire had been good for the people in the galaxy.

7. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    May I remind you who signed the Corellian Treaty (the treaty from which was born the Rebel Alliance, for you rebels who don't remember) ?

1) Bail Organa, haughty noble from Alderaan, fearing what "mistakes" could be made by a single ruler who claimed the Senators' powers, forgetting that if Senator Palpatine had not undertaken the task of restoring Peace and Order to the Galaxy, the Senate would have stood a little longer as a full-scale corrupted assembly, before crumbling and causing the fall of the Republic, therefore responsible for chaos and all-out war between systems the republic had kept from fighting until then.

2) Garm Bel Iblis, a Corellian trader (and you know what good hagglers and smugglers Corellians make), who withdrew from the Rebel Alliance when Mon Mothma seized power for herself.

3) Mon Mothma, an exalted senator from Chandrila, who would have rather blinded herself than recognize that her grip on the Rebel Alliance was all too tight for somebody who claimed democratic ambitions ; a woman who self-proclaimed herself President of the New Republic and prime ruler of the Galaxy whereas she had overthrown the legal government ; a woman who only reluctantly left her seat of power, on which she would have stayed for long had her health allowed her, who did not plan retirement from the Presidence and who chose herself her successor, the Senate being merely asked to choose between Leia and Leia for next President of the New Republic.

We may be cruel at times, but our cruelty is necessary to maintain the personal freedom you rebels claim to be the sole defenders. There is no freedom when a hundred civil wars threaten Peace in the entire Galaxy ; there is no freedom when a self-proclaimed government is unable to face a military threat single-handedly and needs to call for help from the very government they overthrew, knowing that if the Empire had failed then, they would have been dealt a crippling blow where the Rebels would have kept their ships well hidden in the Core Worlds, allowing their already corrupted government to blind their citizens with a blanket of ashaming propaganda.

We may not be good, but you are no better.

8. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    A note on this post : I did not intend to offend anyone, this post is just a reply some Imp propagandist might have made - it's roleplay, not realplay.

9. Lord_Gita

Oct 5, 2000
    "You seem to forget that the rebel wouldn't have gained such a big support if the empire had been good for the people in the galaxy."

Hitler, Hussein, Napolean, Stalin, Genghis Khan, to name a few...

Ok, now having mentioned Hitler I think I should reiterate what Lordban wisely mentioned above, this is roleplay not realplay. So, the mention was for the sake of making a point about support even though the individual is not good for the people in general, not making a statement about my or our own beliefs.

10. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    As I said, "We may not be good."
    I won't trick anyone into believing we're, it'd be pointless anyway. Yet all of you seem to forget that we did something you rebels did not even think of doing.

WE HAVE CHANGED !

Yes, we do acknowledge our predecessors did wrong things ; yes, we do acknowledge that some of our people still want to restore the former New Order.
    But we've grown up, and after seven years of peace under Admiral Pellaeon's rule, we even came back to help you fight a most dangerous threat for the sake of all - and we had to keep it secret, for the sake of your Presidence.

Your leaders still think they represent the only legal authority in the Galaxy.
    They're wrong.
    They claim there can be no freedom outside of the New Republic' borders.
    They're wrong.
    Our people know they're free, and they're doing their best to ensure that no matter what happens out of our borders, the Imperial ideals live on.

You were wrong, Lord_Gita. We did not forget our past. We have won over its dark side, and now we stand proudly, telling the Galaxy we regret our past deeds.

Your New Republic is doing none of this. You have not changed your minds. We are forced to hide our efforts to help you defend the Rim, just because some of your officials decided it would cause them to drop in the polls if they said to their fellow citizens "There is a threat, and we need all the help we can get to face it."

I'm talking to you, people of the New Republic. Your government has become no different than the Emperor's in his late days - except Borsk Fey'lya does not have the Force to back his words.

We've opened our borders when peace was signed ; we've agreed to let any Imperial star system join the New Republic, and a few of them did join you. But if your government also agreed to let those of you who wished it join back the Empire, their military forces prevented any system from leaving.

When so many people are forced to obey some corrupt leaders who tricked them into believing anything they say is gold, when they claim to be the sole rightful government in the galaxy, it is time for its citizens to revolt and force a change.

You have taught us that, believing the newcoming lead would be better.
    And now you see they aren't.

It is time for you to rebel... again.

11. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I think that we have never claimed to be perfect, but we give the people a chance to decide if we are good enough.

You say that a lot of the civil wars that were threathening the galaxy were avoided just because the emperor seized power. But it was the emperor himself that started a lot of the civil wars, may I just mention the conflict between the Naboo and the Trade federation. The mastermind behind was Sidious, wich showed out to be none other than Palpatine, future emperor.

You often claim that Alderaan was a base for us rebels, and therefore it was right to destroy it. Naboo had never taken part in anything that was rebellious against the order in the galaxy, and for that they were set in camps and a lot of them were killed.

(By the way, shouldn't we decide on which time period we are in. Earlier when the Fanforce was still UBB and the original empire thread lived, we said that it was about 10 years after Endor, or about the time for the events of Starfighters of Adumaar)

12. The Flying Dutchman

The Flying Dutchman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2000
    And please not that the *former* empire - former as in after endor - will build a galaxy gun. This weapon has the capability of destroying an entire system!

13. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    Once again, it is a result of a madman's schemes. We disapprove it entirely. We can't beg forgiveness for such deeds since we know we wouldn't be forgiven, yet we disapprove these deeds.
    (and by the way I find the NJO setting much more interesting - no one should attack an almost invincible stronghold before covering all the breaches in his defense system).

14. Nwalme Jade

Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2000
    EU is bad, mmkay? We should remain within the OT!!

(Lame anti-EU propaganda)

15. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    Ah, these rebels ! Always trying to get things as easy as they can have them...

16. JediEnna

JediEnna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    I feel that Lordban had a point when he said the Empire has changed. However, I feel that is unfair to state this and then claim that the Rebellion/New Republic has not. We encouraged the development of a peace treaty along with you, and have been honest to you about the threats we face. We do not presume to say that we rule the galaxy - this is an imperial-style comment. We encourage a universal form of peace with the philosophy of live and let live. We fight for defense, not to attack and conquer helpless worlds. People have the right to protest without fear of recrimination. Corruption is more controlled than the out and out domination of the Emperor.

The New Republic is not perfect, but there is a freedom to accept or not accept it that the Empire did not offer.

17. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    You cannot sincerely write the last sentence you did write ; there are a few keywords in what you said before :

-> We "have been honest to you about the threats we face" - you are not so kind with your own citizens.

-> "We encourage a universal form of peace with the philosophy of live and let live" - a form of peace where the New Republic's propension to crumble is so dangerous to your eyes that some of you regret the good old times when the Empire was the mighty war mchine you could point at, saying "They are responsible".

-> "People have the right to protest without fear of recrimination", as long as they do nothing more, else there is a political crisis you frantically fear would befall your New Republic.

-> "The New Republic is not perfect, but there is a freedom to accept or not accept it that the Empire did not offer" - yes, the Starbuster crisis has just shown us that. There was a majority of Corellians who sought independence and you crushed them with your military might, even though refusing their independance was not necessary to stop the Starbuster.

-> "Corruption is more controlled than the out and out domination of the Emperor." I disagree most - it is as controlled as it was under the Emperor's rule. It is just that you manage to be corrupted more stealthily than he did.

I have to say that I was wrong, JediEnna, you did change.
    To become worse.

18. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Just a little question, how come that people celebrated when the emperor died? If he had been a good ruler people would have mourned.
    But then, what happened to the people celebrating, they were shot down by your stormtroopers. In the republic they would have been allowed to demonstrate their thoughts and feelings.

(I think that a time period near the OT is better, since I and I'm sure I'm not alone, doesn't like the EU, or haven't read more than just some books.)

19. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    Did I say the Emperor was a good ruler ?
    I said he was a madman.

Do you believe people were shot on Coruscant ?
    You would have not fought to conquer the Imperial Centre had it been true.

20. The Flying Dutchman

Jun 4, 2000
    obvious no interstellair (?) gouverment is perfect...

there is one point I never seem to understand. If this emperor was so bad (he was a dictator and like any dictator he rules with fear) why did the empire clone this guy over 4 (if I'm not mistaken, maybe 3) times. Ofcourse he was killed again showing what a true loser he really was! :)
    So why clone a man who let the empire die a allmost lethal fate? After all the empire has never been so strong as then...

21. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    And once again, a Rep rathers a time period near the OT... You'll have to seek other Imps then - I'm a NAVY Imp, meaning that I only begrudgingly accepted the Emperor's mistakes and besides, it's just more fun when the odds are matched, it's much harder to defend the Empire than to defend the Alliance by the time of the OT :)

22. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    FlyBoy, I said the Emperor was a madman. But he was a cunning one, with a good amount of foresight, being a Sith Master. He had plotted his own schemes - we're not omniscient after all.

23. The Flying Dutchman

Jun 4, 2000
    Pore man had it all figured out. Thought he could rule the galaxy... But his creation became his own death :)
    You say the emperor is a madman (no argument here) but he was the man that started your valuable empire - so why hate the guy so much. Without him no empire after all...

24. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    Treasonous talk of the Glorious Emperor.

His perfect vision was destroyed by the traitorous rebellion. Millions of lives were lost because them.

He brought order to the chaos and enlightenment to those in the dark. The Emperor is forever.

Loyalty never dies.

TR-095

Glory be to the Emperor

25. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    Yes and without him, no rebellion. Before making others acknowledge whom they owe existence to, please acknowledge whom YOU owe your existence too.
    And remind that without the Emperor (before his fall and his madness began) the galaxy would be but a near-infinite battleground.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.