main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Empire is Back

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Phoenix_Berkana, Dec 27, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I would have been happy if there hadn't been a rebellion. If we just had been able to remake the old republic into a new effective one, without blodshed would have been wonderful. But no, senator Palpatine destroyed every chance that we had remodelling the galaxy. Even if you say he was a madman, how come that you followed him.

Who's the madman, the madman or the one's who follow a madman?

2. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    The Great Republic...not.

Slavery, corruption, Jedi going against the Senate

The Empire put a stop to all of this. Everyone is to serve the Empire.

3. Nwalme Jade

Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2000
    The Empire put an end to slavery???

That's a new one...

4. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    The empire may have put an end to slavery for humans, but instead you made a lot of other species slaves. And you say all were happy to serve the empire!

5. Red149

Red149 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2000
    Hmmmmm. Very. Very. Interesting.
    Yet, I read all of the replies, and, I still don't know what to think. It is a good idea
    but I don't know if I would want to be that occupied with it
    It still is really cool though.

6. Azeem

Apr 12, 1999
    Oh yeah? Where? I saw exactly 0 slaves in Episode IV-VI

I saw non humans walking free in Mos Eisley. Stormtroopers didn't arrest Chewbacca on the spot in the cantina. Some propogandist EU writers have tried to claim Wookies are hunted. More lies that are clearly proved false in the real story.

Only time I saw slaves was Episode I during the time of the Republic. Obviously the Emperor freed those humans. Now everyone works for the greater glory of the Empire.

TR-095

7. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    So you didn't see slaves? Well you didn't see any non-humans of importance at all in the imperial forces! That's clearly a case of discrimination.

8. Azeem

Apr 12, 1999
    And exactly how many non-human terrorists attacked the Death Star I?

And exactly how many non-human terrorists were on Hoth when the Imperial Army destroyed the base at Hoth?

1 - Chewbacca and he had no choice as 1st mate of the Falcon

And on the attack on the second death star, you had the Mon Calamari being used for their luxury ships (Didn't see any of them flying starfighters) and besides Chewbacca, didn't see any non human terrorists on the forest moon of Endor.

Before making accusations of racism, you better look in the mirror.

And at least our pilots don't have 3 chins (Porkins).

TR-095

9. Nwalme Jade

Apr 13, 2000
    We have a look on the slavery problem in Ep1 just because the hero is a slave. If he hadn't been, we wouldn't have the slightest idea about it.
    So I guess we can suppose that, because no hero was a slave in Ep4-6, the problem remained hidden. Which doesn't mean it didn't exist.

(yeah, probably full of grammar mistakes, sorry ; I have problem with tenses!)

10. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    In the battle of Endor we didn't just have the mon cal cruisers. We had Nien Numb a big hero and a sullustan, and hey we had a coloured guy in command, I still haven't seen any coloured guys in the empire. We also relied on bothans to get the information we needed, even if they were used by the emperor, we trusted them and saw them as full members of our group.

11. Azeem

Apr 12, 1999
    Wow, Nien Numb, you mean the CO-pilot of the Falcon. I guess the good old Rebellion couldn't allow him to fly the ship. Oh no, not a damn alien flying in our ship. 1 alien in ALL the starfighters of the rebel flet. You must be proud of your progress.

Who was it that helped the Troopers find the terrorist in Docking Bay 94 Mos Eisley? A loyal alien citizen.

I seem to remember SEVERAL alien bounty hunters helping the Glorious Empire find Solo. Why would they help if the Empire was so harsh on non-humans?

The rebellion and republic stand only for corruption and destruction of peace and order.

Oh and about these Bothans; hasn't the Bothan leader Feyla (or whatever is name is) several times tried to illegally sieze power of the New Republic? Hasn't he planted evidence on Ackbar? Hasn't he accused your beloved Sentar Organa-Solo and Mon Mothma of being power hungry. It would seem your precious aliens don't care for you as much as you would believe.

TR-095

Loyalty never dies.

12. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    So, because one bothan is having delusions of grandeur we can't trust them at all? And you call me bigott. And most of the pilots in the rogue and wraith squadrons happen to be aliens.

And may I just ask you how many women there are in the imperial forces?

13. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 5, 2000
    In the OT?

Imperial - 0
    Rebel - 2 (Leia, Mon Mothma)

Now how many men were in the rebellion? That ratio is not significantly better than the Empire's.

14. Nwalme Jade

Apr 13, 2000
    "I seem to remember SEVERAL alien bounty hunters helping the Glorious Empire find Solo. Why would they help if the Empire was so harsh on non-humans?"

A-HEM.

- "Bounty hunters. We don't need that SCUM"
    - "Yes sir"

So much for the Empire's tolerance!

Bounty hunters "help" whoever pays them enough.
    The Empire hires them because they need them to do the dirty job.

15. Azeem

Apr 12, 1999
    Rogue and Wraith squadrons

Once again, you refer to EU propaganda. Stick with canon material.

--

He said BOUNTY HUNTERS, we don't need their scum.

He didn't say ALIENS, we don't need their scum.

Try again.

--

The only person to make an ALIEN racist remark was Leia to Chewie. I'm sure Wookies love to be called walking carpets.

16. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    OK, rogue and wraith squadrons are EU, but it was the imps who started talking about NJO.

Well if Leia had been a rascist I'm sure she wouldn't have let Chewie take care of her when Han was stuck in the carbonite.

About the bounty hunters. If the empire had managed to have some kind of order in the galaxy, bounty hunters wouldn't have been there. But they failed in that too and had to find help outside the big imperial forces.

17. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Name your true targets Obi Anne. Don't fight a pro-Emperor Imperial with weapons suited to the NJO Imperial or to the pro-Navy Imperial.

And may I remind you of the OFFICIAL status Bounty Hunters have in US ? They do exist in a country calling itself our world's greatest democracy, why would the Empire have to be ashamed of calling their services ???

18. Azeem

Apr 12, 1999
    Bounty Hunters came from the Republic era. Ever hear of Aurra Sing, Jabba and the name Fett?

To catch a rat, you need other rats to get him out of the hole.

Chewie looked after Leia? Refresh my memory. Didn't Chewie leave with Lando at the end of ESB and it was Luke who was looking after Leia.

19. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    (for the first few days it was rather Leia looking after Luke, I guess :)

20. MacCaffrey

MacCaffrey VIP star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 2000
    Question: Since when was Jabba a Bounty Hunter?

In my Memory (I confess, it can have flaws) Jabba was a crime lord, not a Hunter.
    But why didn't hunt the Empire a crimelord who sell slaves, drugs and other illegal things. And you told us the Empire put an end to slavery, why had Jabba so much of them that he could feed them to his pet?

21. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    (sits on a chair, opens a bottle of Adelscott and waits for what promises to be a most interesting answer)

22. Red149

Red149 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2000
    I'm with you. That question was beyond me.

23. Nwalme Jade

Apr 13, 2000
    Well, Azeem, since you seem to have a propaganda-made explanation to every topic....

24. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Just waiting...

25. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    (opens another bottle of Adelscott)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.