main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fantasy Horror Historical Earth OPEN The Encroaching Madness

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by TheAdmiral, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Lady Orlanda
    Near Stonehenge

She was annoyed. A potential wonderful day ruined, by the huntress Liesel. She was so upset, she was pondering to go out to the city and enjoy some tea. The woman had started interesting enough, and then had done nothing but insult her!! And then asked for a favor. REALLY!!! These mortals.

Her mood was not the best, but when a local druid comes calling, no matter her mood, she gave them respect. She admired what they did. And they understood the meaning of the balance of things. So when one showed up, spouting about a Professor Petreus wanting to speak with her, she would allow it. She was a lady. She could afford to be 'charitable.'

Her eyebrow did raise when she was told the meeting place. Stonehenge? Well, the man had guts if nothing else. So she would meet with him at the appointed time. Orlanda flew with her moths, circling around the area to scan for anyone else nearby. Satisfied that there was none...including checking for the magical sort, she had her dark moths alight, and she stepped it from the cluster, looking at this new being.

The old man saw was sitting on a large boulder lying on the grass field. She slowly walked a distance, and then stopped, watching him carefully as she allowed him to speak first.

“Lady Orlanda, I am here and would very much like to have a talk with you and apologize for Miss van Helsing’s behavior.” he said out loud.

Better. At least this one started out properly. She stood, her arms crossed.

“I also bear gifts.” he stated. She watched, as he reached for his pocket and fished a small crystal figurine in the form of a tiny woman, knowing that it had certain magical properties, used to focus energy.

My. She eyed the tiny figurine with interest. She could easily sense the magical properties from where she still. She looked back up at the older man.

"Well, Professor Petreus. You are certainly more astute than your previous messenger." She gestured, and her moths swirled around her. She gestured, and a small mound of earth rose, which she gently sat upon. The figurine was a tempting thing indeed. But she was not going to act as if she could simply be bought...

"Do I take it, this still has to do with that Ankh, the other spoke of?" she asked the man. "And why do you come to me?" she asked the professor.

TAG: @TheAdmiral

Mistress_Renata and TheAdmiral like this.
  2. Bodhran777

Bodhran777 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2019
    IC: Jack King
    The Grenadier Pub - Streets, London

Jack was aware of Petraeus’s attempt to lighten the mood but was too occupied with keeping his self-control to give it much mind. He knew he was being rude, for which he felt terrible, but he didn’t have much time to explain.

Past experiences had taught him that any switch he himself willingly allowed, he was granted some form of control over the situation. Be it total ability to conduct himself, like normal, or simply be a backseat driver depended heavily on how hard he fought. However, if he put off the switch long enough, or fought too hard to delay it, he would see his control disappear sometimes to the point of losing memory of the situation.

By the time Jack got outside the pub, he could feel his body straining to keep things as they were. What was more, he could sense Tyler following him out. While he appreciated the gesture, it complicated the situation. Jack quickly found a corner and followed it around, trying to break line of sight as he headed toward the river. If he could time the switch right, he could get out of sight by jumping the embankment and into the Thames.

Picking a nearby alley, Jack ducked in and tried to stay out of sight as he moved along the brick walls on his left and right. He dumped the bag of cameras in a dumpster, as they were just useless weight now that they were trashed, and continued, his hand on his stomach as his guts felt like they were rolling. The switch was moving fast, and it wasn’t long before Jack felt more obvious changes starting. Already, his feet felt heavy, and his skin was turning tough and scaly.

With a heavy grunt of discomfort, Jack stopped and leaned his back against the wall. His hands went to his collar to loosen the buttons on his shirt and pants, so they didn’t get damaged, then removed his shoes. It was at this point that he realized he wasn’t going to make it to his destination like this. With a groan of annoyance and unease, Jack took a quick look around, then stopped fighting.

The change happened fast, faster than usual, and soon he could feel the cold ground against the scales of his new tail. The new appendage was long, with a jagged row of ridges following the top line of his spine as it snaked around his feet. His feet, at this point, were longer, with thick, dark claws tipping each webbed toe that scraped against stone. His overall form stretched taller than he was normally, and his clothing stretched tight against his new bulky form. Beneath, scales overtook skin, and his spine bulged with a ridge that continued up from his tail to his neck. While Jack was normally a fairly slim man, this new form was anything but slim. This form was covered with new muscle, all the way from his clawed hands to the now thick neck that held his new, large, and elongated head. His mouth held rows of protruding teeth, and his brown eyes had turned to gold with black slits.

As the switch came to an end, Jack swung his head to look around, testing his control over the beast before trying anything too complicated. To his relief, he felt mostly in control this time, despite the delays he had forced. He was of course still concerned that he’d be seen, but at least he could will himself to run and get out of sight.

Attempting to use the alley walls and shadows for cover, Jack began his careful stalk toward the river, wary of the fact that Petraeus could still be trying to follow.

TAG:
    @TheAdmiral

3. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Lady Delfina Belmont of Duxford, Countess Irina Bezukovha
    Headquarter, The Society

Delfi looked around her new bedroom with delight. It was a bit larger than her room at home, decorated in a pretty blue toile-de-jouy fabric. The furnishings were simple, in the neoclassical style of the late-eighteenth century. There were some comfortable armchairs drawn up by the fireplace, and an escritoire by the window. Two large wardrobes were being filled by MacIntyre and another maid, and there was a door leading to a small room tiled in marble, with a nice deep bathtub. Each room, the Countess had told her, had its own bath, which was a luxury that even most hotels couldn't offer.

She followed the Countess down the stairs to a small audience room, warmed by a blazing fire to take off the chill of the spring morning. "I'm very sorry about Mummy, Countess," she said. "She gave you rather a hard time, I'm afraid, but she's a bit overprotective. I assure you, I'm not in the least worried about living away from home."

Irina smiled at the young woman "I have learned something." The smile turned into a grin "You always listen to your mamá." the Countess covered her mouth and giggled. "But neither of you should be worried about your stay here." Irina sighed "It is mostly Tyler, the Professor's grandson and Liesel van Helsing who are running around getting into trouble." There was a pang of worry, Tyler was a notorious womanizer and having them under the same roof meant to invite trouble.

Delfi nodded. "I do listen to Mummy, and especially to the Grannies. But you know..." she hesitated, then continued, "I think there comes a time when you need to learn to listen and think for yourself, you know? So anyway...here we are!" She looked around the room, and said, "So what do I do first?"

Irina nodded to the comment and grinned "You are very eager!" she chuckled "Good thing that Mycroft is not here, or he would say not to be hasty." she smiled warmly "First you will get acquainted with the place, then we will have lunch, we can talk then, I am sure you have a lot of questions."

A tour then? Wonderful!"

Irina smiled broadly "This way, please." she gestured for Delfi to follow her. There was not that much to show her, there were a lot of empty rooms and the ones that were occupied were locked as the "tenants" were away on business. Irina could not show her everything as the young woman was not yet a full member, besides there were layers of access which even she was not cleared for.

They stopped at the library. A huge room crammed with books on all kinds of topics and in every language... "This is my favorite place of the whole building." Irina grinned. "You can always find me in here, some of the others call me the Librarian in jest."

Delfi looked around with admiration. Belmont House had a generous library, although half of it seemed to be in Latin. This, though, could compete with the British Museum. She glanced out the window, realizing that the elegant townhouse was actually just the façade. In fact, the entire row of townhouses had been joined, and the Library went across several of them.

Then, hearing Irina's offhand comment, she smiled. "I'm glad to hear that," she said. "The Professor gave me a reading list. I've only been able to find two of the books on it. You can help with the rest, I'm sure."

Irina nodded "Yes, I can help, buuut..." she tapped her chin "I think finding them is part of the exploration and the charm of it." her smile broadened "But I can assist here and there." she whispered conspiratorially "Make sure to take notes and look for additional information. Hmmm." she stopped to ponder for a second "I think there is something that I can help you with, I can give you a good list of references with which you can broaden your horizons. Also can point you to some of the bookstores that offer interesting literature. Now, now, I know that we have an extensive library, but even we don't have everything." Irina chuckled "Besides, as I mentioned it is all part of the learning process. You never know what you might find."

Irina remembered something "I forgot to ask you how many and which languages do you know? Some of the materials are not translated, also will have to arrange for tutors of ancient and... arcane tongues..."

"Oh, well, English, French and German, of course," said Delfi. "I can read Latin, but can't speak it so well. Scots Gaelic; most of the workers on Grandpapa's estate speak that. I know enough Italian to get about, but only at a tourist level, and a bit less Spanish. That's it, really, I haven't needed to know much more. And as for the books, Granny Cee gave me the Golden Bough and Tobin's Spirit Guide. The Professor gave me a monograph from the British Museum on recording archaeological collections, which I thought would be awfully technical, but rather makes sense, really, once I started reading it."

Irina nodded, those were standard for a modern and well educated young person, but unfortunately they were going to deal with more languages and she would need to be brought up to speed. "Oh, he is a Professor and knows what would interest unprepared minds." Irina chuckled "Though soon you will start to delve on more... difficult and sometimes rather boring and confusing works." she sighed. "But first... lunch." she smiled broadly "The second most important meal for the day."

"Oh, splendid." Delfi cast one last look around the room, noting with approval the large, long tables for serious study and the comfortable armchairs tucked into nooks for quiet reading, then fell in beside her new acquaintance as they headed down the long corridor to the dining room.

Ktala, Bodhran777 and TheAdmiral like this.
  4. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    The streets of London

Jack ignored him, that was rather rude, that made Tyler pause. He could not say that he knew him that well, but this behavior seemed rather out of character. Maybe he was feeling too sick to care?

Hopefully it was not the food or the drinks at the Grenadier’s, it would be a shame to send the authorities there for selling spoiled food. Or maybe he had caught some sort of bug? That was a worse prospect as then he could be infected too…

“Hey, Jack, wait a second!” Tyler said out loud trying to catch up with the other man.

Where did he go!? Tyler was distracted for a moment, but it seems it was enough to lose track. There were not many people on the streets, it was still cold enough to keep them at home or at the pubs/restaurants.

There were no Bobbies on sight either.

“Jack, old chap, wait up!” Tyler thought he had caught a glimpse of his old comrade in an alley. There was the distinct sound of something getting thrown in the rubbish. Tyler headed there, the reflected glint of a camera lense caught his attention.

Why on Earth would he throw them out!?

There was a large shadow ahead! Could it be?

“Jack, is that you?” Tyler really dreaded the answer.

TAG: @Bodhran777

Near Stonehenge

The Professor smiled kindly “Liesel is more used to hunting vampires and werewolves, so she is not used to make friends.” he chuckled softly “This is more of my grandson’s department.” the Old Man sighed “But enough chit chat.”

He stood up and brushed his trousers with his hand “The ankh is one of the reasons I came to see you.” he started “But not the main one. I wanted to offer you a job.” he almost grinned “I know that such trivialities are beneath you, but please, do hear me out.”

“I am sure, as one who is connected to nature you have felt that things are changing.” he eyed her “The Great War unlocked something very dark and primal, but I fear that this is only the beginning, so all the Societies around the world are gathering their forces to meet this challenge.” the Professor said solemnly.

“We need all the help that we can get...” the Old Man pleaded, then frowned as a murder of crows flew by.

That can’t be good…

TAG: @Ktala

The Society townhouse, London

Once lunch was over Irina decided to give Delfi some time alone and retired to her own room. The young woman was left to her own devices. This part of the house was mostly empty, aside from the servants and Irina.

An envelope was waiting for Delfi on the pillow addressed to her. Someone of the servants must have delivered it during the lunch.

Dear Delfina,

Please excuse my familiarity, but we are a bit more relaxed in our Society. I apologize for not being able to meet you at the train station, but work has kept me away, but I am sure that Miss Bezukhova can be a better host than me.

I am sure you have a lot of questions and in time you will learn most of the answers. When I get back to London we can talk. In the meantime you can prepare for a journey to Egypt, I know that it is a bit too soon since your arrival, but you will find out that in our line of work such expediency is required.

You can familiarize yourself with the Egyptian mythology and since you have this peculiar gift a trip to the British Museum could be very beneficial.

Yours faithfully

Johannes Petreus
    Professor Emeritus

As if on cue there was a knock on the door and before Delfi could reply it opened revealing the beautiful Liesel van Helsing. “Oh, hello there!” she smiled broadly “I was told that you were going to join us, so I decided to say hello. I am Liesel van Helsing, but you can call me Liesel or Liz.” she stepped in the room.

TAG: @Mistress_Renata

5. Bodhran777

Nov 1, 2019
    London Alley

Despite the effort spent trying to lose his follower, Jack had hardly any time at all before he heard Tyler’s voice at the other end of the alley. The sudden burst of sound made him instinctually freeze to listen before he attempted to flatten himself into a shallow alcove. However, his nose and tail stuck out clearly, which he had yet to fully adjust to this time. Had he been human, it might have worked, but in this case, he was too large. Accepting the fact that Petraeus had probably seen too much at this point, Jack sighed and turned to face the man, still very much hidden by shadow.

“I appreciate you coming after me, I really do, and I’m sorry I ran out like that,” he said, his voice noticeably much deeper now on account of his new body size. “But I wish you hadn’t seen me like this, Tyler…”

Jack was torn on what to do. Did he turn and try to disappear? There was a good chance he’d still be followed, and Jack was slower on land now. Did he show himself and hope Tyler didn’t yell out or shoot? Gambling was not something he enjoyed, but he might have to trust in his comrade for old time’s sake at least. Or did he try to cover his tracks and get rid of the man who had now seen him so he couldn’t talk? No, that would not be an option. Jack looked like a monster, but he didn’t want to act like one. Jack’s claws on his right hand drummed on his leg as he weighed his options.

“You were asking earlier about the croc rumors, and I guess now you get your answers,” he said, taking a few steps toward Tyler. In doing so, a bit more light shone on him from the moon, letting Petraeus get a better look. “I guess this is probably a bit more than you expected, am I right?”

As the slits in his eyes contracted and adjusted to the new light, Jack watched carefully for sudden movements. If Tyler chose to run for it, there was nothing he could do to stop him. More than anything, Jack just hoped any reaction wouldn’t be violent. If he could avoid that at this point, it was a win in his book. In any case, it seemed like his stay in London was probably drawing to a close after this.

6. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Lady Delfina Belmont of Duxford
    Bedroom, Society Townhouse, London

Luncheon had been delicious, a simple meal of potage Crécy, crab salad, and a Spanish omelette with new peas. Not too heavy, but just right for a cool spring day. There was a long buffet set out with cold foods. She and the Countess were the only two people in the massive dining room. Although there were set meal times, Irena had explained, the members of the Society often had unusual schedules, so cold things and fruit were always available for a quick snack, and there was a kitchen staff on hand in round the clock shifts, so that even late at night something could be prepared for you. Afterwards, Irena had retired to her own room, and Delfi decided to do the same, to see if Mack had finished unpacking her luggage.

Everything was in order. Delfi went to one of the large wardrobes and peeped inside. Yes, everything was hanging neatly. The gown she’d wear to dinner this evening was probably being ironed right now. Irena had mentioned that dressing for dinner was not a requirement. Some chose to, as it was their custom, and others wore what they had on. Delfi felt that even away from home she ought to maintain standards, and it was wonderful to be out of black, so she was looking forward to wearing one of the new dinner gowns she’d bought for her trousseau.

Her brushes and cosmetics were neatly arrayed on the dressing table, and the books she’d brought with her to study were on a small table by one of the armchairs drawn up in front of the fireplace. Delfi bent to light the fire, and as she turned to take her seat, she noticed an envelope on her pillow.

It was on heavy paper, in a bold, distinctive handwriting. Delfi’s eyes widened as she read what Professor Petraeus had written to her. Egypt? She was going to Egypt? A thousand thoughts went through her head, the first being, obviously, whatever would she wear? She did have her summer wardrobe with her, but most of the things were meant for garden parties and picnics at Henley. Not riding camels in the desert. Would she be riding camels? Or staying in a tent? Good heavens, she'd need to get a tent! Would the Society provide them or did she have to buy one?

She’d have to call up Mack, and make a quick shopping trip to…wait, she’d be leaving for Egypt soon? But it was April! The archaeological season in Egypt usually ran from November to the end of April, it was simply too hot to work in the summer months. No wonder the Professor was in a hurry.

And she’d have to learn how to read hieroglyphs, Irena had mentioned that at lunch. There were a few books by Sir E. A. W. Budge that were considered the classic texts. There was also a language room, where members of the Society could learn languages by listening to recordings and speaking them back. She’d have to get up to speed very quickly, she had thought she’d have at least a few months.

But then…Delfi frowned, looking at his note about the British Museum. That was why he had come to Belmont House in the first place, wasn’t it? A robbery from the Museum. An artifact of power, like Excalibur. The Great Ankh, he’d called it, and there had been a scroll…oh, dear. She’d have to do quite a lot of reading to get up to speed. And shopping. Perhaps Granny would know what one packed for an expedition to Egypt. Someone would know. Delfi distinctly remembered seeing a photo somewhere of a family member perched on a camel in front of a pyramid, but she couldn't remember which relative it was.

She stood there, indecisive. So much to do in so short a time! Before she could do anything at all, there was a brisk knock on the door, and a woman let herself in. She was in trousers with elegantly tooled leather boots, and long dark hair tumbling around her shoulders.

“Oh, hello there! I was told that you were going to join us, so I decided to say hello. I am Liesel van Helsing, but you can call me Liesel or Liz.”

Delfi looked from the note to the wardrobe to the window and made a decision. The British Museum and Abercrombie Fitch would have to wait until tomorrow, so she could get some background reading done tonight. “Miss van Helsing, Liesel, Delfina Belmont. My friends call me Delfi.” She reached out to shake the other woman’s hand. “I was beginning to think that Countess Bezukovha and I were the only people in the house.” Van Helsing, Van Helsing...where had she heard that name before?

TAG: @TheAdmiral, Anyone

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
    TheAdmiral likes this.
  7. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Lady Orlanda
    Near Stonehenge

Lady Orlanda smiled. This human had potential. The old man smiled kindly “Liesel is more used to hunting vampires and werewolves, so she is not used to making friends.” he chuckled softly “This is more of my grandson’s department.” the Old Man sighed “But enough chit chat.”

Orlanda raised an eyebrow but stayed quiet as she listened to this man's proposal.

He stood up and brushed his trousers with his hand “The ankh is one of the reasons I came to see you.” he started “But not the main one. I wanted to offer you a job.”

Orlanda's eyebrows shot skyward as she looked at the man. THAT, was not something she was expecting. The man gave her a look “I know that such trivialities are beneath you, but please, do hear me out.”

Orlanda smiled gently. "Well, you have certainly peaked my interests now. Do go on." she stated as she now turned to give the man her fullest attention.

“I am sure, as one who is connected to nature you have felt that things are changing.” he eyed her “The Great War unlocked something very dark and primal, but I fear that this is only the beginning, so all the Societies around the world are gathering their forces to meet this challenge.” the Professor said solemnly.

“We need all the help that we can get...” the Old Man pleaded, then frowned as a murder of crows flew by.

Something dark and primal? That was almost music to Orlanda's ears. She leaned forward slightly. She hated to admit it, but the professor had indeed caught her interest.

"A job you say? Will, I have to deal with that huntress again?" she asked, her eyes locked him. "I dont like threats. Idle or otherwise," she stated darkly. And then she suddenly smiled.

"But a good chase? That, can certainly pique my interest."

Orlanda gave a dark smile.

8. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    The streets of London

Tyler was perplexed, what was going on? There was clearly a bipedal form in front of him. But it was clearly too big for it to be a human, the tail and the snout were a dead giveaway. Hopefully the creature had not yet seen him, so he slowly reached for his coat where his gun was hidden.

Then it started to speak… At first he did not recognize, nor made the connection, but it sounded like… Jack!? Tyler’s mind was racing. It did not necessarily mean that Jack was the London Croc, maybe it could imitate the voices or could maybe his mind was playing tricks and he had been so focused on finding Jack that he was willing to hear his voice in the creature’s voice…

Though he mentioned his name. “Jack!?” he asked incredulously, his wrist managed to find the butt of his pistol, but not yet pulling it out. Tyler wondered how quick he… it… whatever, was. Normally crocodiles could be very swift, despite their lumbering forms, but that was in the water.

“I guess, I too have something to confess.” an idea started to form in his mind. Tyler let go of his gun and pulled it out and showed his palm that it was empty “I am not a businessman.” he started carefully “I am part of a group...” he paused, thinking carefully “Sanctioned by the government, we deal with...” Tyler did not want to say creatures “People like you.”

His original mission was to hunt down the creature, but now that he found out that it was actually Jack and that it was a sentient being, though there was the risk that he was working for the Dark Man.

Tyler won’t hear the end of it, M was going to be furious…

“We can help you.” he managed to smile

Liesel stepped in and grinned “I hope Irina did not bore you to death?” she giggled and tilted her head “You can call me Liz or Liesel.” she found herself a chair and propped herself in it. “I just arrived from a rather boring mission.” Liesel sighed and picked some trinket from the table looking at it absent-mindedly.

“If you want I can show you around London?” she grinned broadly “I hate staying at home.” there was a mischievous gleam in her eyes. “What do you say?” Liesel tilted her head.

TAG: @Mistress_Renata

Near Stonehenge

The Professor smiled kindly “Thank you.” and paused for a moment “Unfortunately Liesel will be there, but I assure you she will behave.” he chuckled “She is not that abrasive, just likes to show-off.” he smirked.

“I am sure a lady like you can put up with...” the Old Man smirked slightly “Rubes like her.”

He frowned seeing the murder of crows flying towards the clearing. His heart ran cold. Those were no ordinary birds. He had heard of these creatures, they were usually found in the forests of Poland and in the Baltic countries.

Leshen, ancient creatures, related to the Leshy of the Slavic mythology. They were not normally evil, unless you trespass into their sacred grounds or hurt the forests and its inhabitants. They were not good either, neutral, more like...

But how did one come here?

[​IMG]

TAG: @Ktala

Narancia, Ktala and Mistress_Renata like this.
  9. Narancia

Narancia Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2020
    GM Approved

Name:
    Sheamus O'Donovan
    Nationality:
    Irish
    Physical description (picture if applicable):

[​IMG]

• Height; 6'5
    • Weight: 256lbs
    • Skin color: Caucasian
    • Hair color: Blonde
    • Eye color: Grey
    Personality:

Sheamus is an ardent and obsessive catholic. As a devout follower of God and to the Pope, Pius XI aka Ambrogio Damiano Achille Ratti. Sheamus has made it his mission to wipe out all contradictions of the existence of the one true God. Meaning that Sheamus is a fanatical hunter of monsters and fables of any kind; if they exist outside of God's creation, then they must be obliterated with extreme prejudice.

However, outside of his mission, Sheamus is actually an extremely kind and amicable person to everyone, no matter the background but disrespect his faith and he might kill you!

It It may seem jarring that Sheamus is extremely kind considering his backstory and the 10 years spent within the mob doing horrific things to people. However, his kindness isn't a front; it's more of a strategy.

Sheamus realizes the value of connections and tries to exploit them as much as possible. Not to say that he manipulates people; it's more that he uses that goodwill as a way of calling in favors from time to time as this method has allowed him to survive on the streets ever since he was a child.

• Quirks: Quotes Bible passages,
    • dislikes Fantastical creatures outside of God's creation, heretics, blasphemers

• Strengths: Extremely kind and tolerant. Determined and loyal.
    • Weaknesses: Obsessively follows the word of God to the point of blind rage, can be convinced to abandon a mission if the argument is whether or not the action he's taking Is a part of God's will.
    Weapons:
    4 Bayonet swords
    [​IMG]

1930 Colt 38 Super Cartridge
    [​IMG]
    Vials of Holy water
    [​IMG]
    The Bible:
    [​IMG]
    The Cross:
    [​IMG]
    Short Bio:

Originally a street thug who was birthed by a prostitute who never really acted like a true mother to him and an absent father, Sheamus made ends meet on his own by selling heroin for the mob at the ripe age of 14. After spending 10 years of smuggling, lying, killing, and stealing, Sheamus ascended the mob's ranks, becoming a Caporegime.

However, after a botched job in the Vatican, Sheamus came into contact with a Vampire and a horde of Zombies. Through tremendous amounts of determination and luck, Sheamus was the only survivor of the event and was officially recruited into Vatican church as an enforcer and monster hunter.

10. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    IC: Lady Delfina Belmont of Duxford
    Society Townhouse HQ, London

“If you want, I can show you around London? I hate staying at home. What do you say?” Delfi considered Liesl Van Helsing’s invitation. She still couldn’t remember where she’d heard the woman’s name.

“I know London,” said Delfi. “My family have a townhouse in Mayfair, after all. Although…” She smiled in response to the mischief on Liesl’s face. “There are many places in London I’ve never been allowed to go, even with a chaperone. I suspect there are a lot of places you could show me.” She glanced at the gold-plated carriage clock on the mantel. “If we can get back by 4:30, and if you will let me change into walking shoes, I’ll come out with you.” She opened the wardrobe, finding her comfortable lace-up walking shoes, and sat on the bench at the foot of the bed to put them on.

TAG: @TheAdmiral, Anyone

Narancia and TheAdmiral like this.
  11. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Lady Orlanda
    Near Stonehenge

The Professor smiled kindly “Thank you.” and paused for a moment “Unfortunately Liesel will be there, but I assure you she will behave.” he chuckled, “She is not that abrasive, just likes to show-off.” he smirked.

“I am sure a lady like you can put up with...” the Old Man smirked slightly “Rubes like her.”

At that comment, Orlanda actually smiled. It didnt really matter if he believed or not, the fact that he extended the curtesy to her, AND game with a gift was encouranging.

Suddenly he frowned, and she turned her head to follow his gaze as he watched the murder of crows flying towards the clearing. Not unusual in its own. But... there were no trees on the knoll where Stonehenge sat. But these birds were not empty-handed. They all seemed to be carrying bits and pieces of .. something.

Orlanda stood fully now, her fairy senses moving as she sensed the magic. It was ancient magic. Old. Very old. She gestured, and her months moved to the side, making a small funnel. The birds quickly assembled their bits and pieces, and a figure quickly came to life, and even Orlanda was impressed.

A Leshen.

Orlanda took a few steps forward, and dropped her guise, letting her fairy wings expand fully. This was an ancient spirit. So unless it had business in mind, she would be mindful of it.

She bowed her head. "Oh, ancient one. What import brings you to this sparse setting?" she asked it. She hoped the thing was in a good mood, even as she kept an eye on the Professor.

12. Bodhran777

Nov 1, 2019
    London Alley

As Petraeus finally dropped his business cover story, Jack sighed and shook his long head a bit as he scolded himself for the whole mess. Just his luck, he thought, the time he accidentally shifts in public like this, he ends up in the company of a government operative, even more ironic that he personally knew the man.

“What exactly do you mean ‘deal with’?”, he asked Tyler, looking down at the man as his eyes reflected the light around them and made his pupils glow. “You usually send a someone from the pound to catch a stray animal and they go right into a cage hoping their owner comes for them. Except no one owns ‘people like me’, and I’m not about to walk myself into a cage.”

As he spoke, Jack weighed his options again. Perhaps Tyler meant well, and this group wasn’t all about locking people like him up. But then, what was the goal? Science and discovery? He sure hoped it wasn’t war effort or that was destined to backfire eventually, he thought. Suppose he decided to not take Tyler up on his offer, then what? If he was with the government, that made his ability to lay low exceedingly more difficult, if not impossible. Up until now, he had kept clear of the common people, who he really only worried about for their ability to spread rumor. Government, on the other hand, could bring warrants, searches, and effectively stop all transport for him on anything other than foot. It was only a matter of time before they caught up with him, and then there would be no choice given on whether to comply or not.

He sighed again, trying to relax his body a bit. Between the stress of the shift and the whole encounter, his whole body was wound tight like a spring. Plus, he didn’t want to spook Tyler into doing something rash and trying to at least appear calm and relaxed was the best way he knew. He sure didn’t want Tyler reaching for his pistol again.

“I suppose I don’t have much choice in the matter now, do I?” he said. “Cat’s out of the bag, now that you know it’s me. So what’s the name of this group? And how could you possibly help someone in my situation? Aside from keeping a low profile, anyway.”

13. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    The streets of London

Tyler cringed inwardly, he had not meant it that way, but there was no taking the words back. “We first ascertain whether or not they pose a threat to the population and whether they have hostile intentions...” he said cautiously.

“We help relocate them if they want or if they can be of help to us we recruit, provide housing, training and so on.” Tyler smiled, though in the dark it was probably not visible.

“It is called The Society.” he scoffed “I know it is not very original, but it is what it is. ” Tyler shrugged “I don’t know the full history, my grandfather does, but we are serving the crown and are officially sanctioned, though on a need-to-know basis.” he sighed “Hence my earlier deception.”

“So...” he paused “As long as you don’t intend to harm any innocent people there is no reason for us to lock you up.” that was not exactly true, they had to study him and determine how much of Jack was in that Crocodile body and how much control he can exert.

“Though I can’t bring you to a safehouse in this state.” Tyler grimaced “So I guess we should go through the canal.”

TAG: @Bodhran777 - Potential Combo

“Nah, you don’t know London then.” Liesel smirked and waved the claim off “London is the small streets, the slums, the dark nooks, the secrets and mysteries.” she chuckled “But since you are to become one of us you will learn pretty quickly.”

She waited for the young lady to finish her preparations “So, I guess you know about the burglary of the British Museum?” Liesel tilted her head. “I am to investigate, since Sherlock is off to some wacky case again.” she snorted “So M wants to send the second best.” Miss Van Helsing grinned “Me...” then paused “... and you.”

“We will scope the place from the outside, meet some unsavoury characters, hopefully stay out of a fight...” she then realized that this might be too much for Delfi, so she stopped “All in a day’s work.”

“But I promise to bring you back at 4:30, safe and unharmed.” she smiled “Are you ready?” her smile broadened into a grin “As the game is… afoot.”

TAG: @Mistress_Renata - Potential Combo

Near Stonehenge

The Professor looked in awe at Orlanda’s display. One thing that he loved about being a member of the Society, it was the fact that he could still be surprised and astonished, no matter what he had already seen or experienced.

He stood up carefully, trying not to make any sudden moves as not to provoke the Leshen. Its appearance here was highly unusual. Britain had its own share of forest spirits. Good thing about magical creatures, they were territorial and usually when they travelled a great distance it meant that it was something important.

The Leshen moved in a stiff manner as it was just a jumble of pieces of wood, branches and animal bones. But that was very superficial as they could move very quickly when engaging in combat.

“Step away fairy.” a hoarse voice came from the deer skull “I am here for the human.” the Leshen were creatures of a few words. “The Dark Man promised not to hurt the forest if I brought him the human.”

The Old Man blanched, reasonable or not Orlanda was not an ally yet, so she may very well give him to the creature and go on her way.

TAG: @Ktala - Potential Combo

St. Peter’s Cathedral, Vatican City, Italy

Monsignor Manzini walked down the stairs towards the Vatican vaults where the Holy See held its most important artefacts, books, documents and pieces of art. Someone had broken into it, something that was considered impossible before, but not so much now.

The venerable old man had heard reports that the British Museum had been broken into recently. There were storm clouds at the horizon. The new regime in Italy, what was happening in Russia, the rot in Germany…

All of these pointed that the Dark Man was walking and the Great War just was a prelude to what was to come.

The Monsignor got in contact with a representative of the Society. Normally the Vatican stayed away from them, given their propensity of hiring… unsavory elements, along with creatures that were best banished.

But the current circumstances asked for unusual bedfellows, so he sent a telegram for one of their best operatives, Sheamus O'Donovan. His background was perfectly suited for a mission in Great Britain, despite the Irish ancestry.

He saw that the young man was already there. “I hope your mission was a success, my son?” he asked softly and smiled. Sheamus had a mission to track a vampire in the Italian countryside and deal with her.

Some local boys had disturbed a crypt, the seals of which had eroded enough for it to free the Contessa (the Countess) as the vampire referred to herself. Reigning terror among the local villages. Naturally Sheamus was the one to be sent to hunt her down…

“I am afraid there is no rest for the wicked and you will have to be sent on another mission...”

TAG: @Narancia - feel free to describe how Sheamus’ mission went, sort of intro for him, then we will move towards the current mission

Mistress_Renata and Narancia like this.
  14. Narancia

Oct 24, 2020
    IC: Sheamus O'Donavan

Italian countryside-Tuscany-Monteriggioni

Sheamus sat in the back of a 1931 LeBaron Marmon Sixteen Limousine reading verses from the bible. This was a common preparation tactic for Sheamus; his mind needed to be in the game, be focused on doing proper diligence to god and the pope as their bayonet against the supernatural monsters that plague the planet, God's crown jewel.

"Master O'Donavan."

Said the Vatican chaperone driving the vehicle.

"Aye."

Sheamus responded in turn.

"We have arrived at Monteriggioni."

"Have we been detected on the way here?"

"Yes, sadly so. I spotted multiple figures in the trees."

Sheamus sighed; it wasn't the chaperone's fault, as according to the reports, the Contessa already has a foothold on the town, through what means are unknown to him at this time. All that matters is that Sheamus puts this monster into the dirt, thus restoring control to the government.

"Thank you, and leave; I may not return."

The Chaperone nodded as Sheamus left the vehicle; the Chaperone put the car in reverse and drove off. Meanwhile, Sheamus approached the walls of Monteriggioni, and always the polite one, Sheamus knocked on the giant doors of Monteriggioni.

"I know you spotted us, Contessa. There's no way you couldn't have seen us. We weren't exactly subtle." Sheamus echoed through the wind.

This was a lie, Sheamus had hoped that Contessa's influence hadn't already started spreading outside the city, but from the Chaperone's words, it appears that it has.

Silence.

Sheamus gave a slight smile and pulled out his 1930 Colt 38 Super Cartridge, unloading, counting the rounds in the magazine(10), reloading, and turning off the safety.
    Then Sheamus opened his coat pocket and counted how many small vials of holy water he had(16). With that, Sheamus pushed opened the doors of Monteriggioni.

Sheamus stated as he pushed the castle door open, surveying the ghost of a town laid before him.

"We are the instruments of His divine wrath on earth. We are called upon to cleanse His kingdom: bringing ash from the flesh of thine enemies. Praise to our Lord."
    Sheamus said as he now strode through the town.

"Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and for thy possession, the ends of the earth."
    Sheamus heard movement behind him, but he remained calm, continuing to stride through the town.

"Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron. Thou shalt dash them in pieces, like a potters vessel. Be wise now therefore, ye kings."

Sheamus quickly pivoted and fired his gun directly behind a splatter echoed throughout the supposedly dead town of Monteriggioni.

After a moment, a body dropped; it was a vampire thrall.

[​IMG]

Soon the entire illusion dropped too, and instead of an empty town, Monteriggioni was filled with these creatures, all of them looking at Sheamus O'Donavan, startled to the bone.

"Be admonished, ye judges of the earth! Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling! Kiss the son lest he be angry, and ye perish in the way. though His wrath be kindled but a little!"

Yelled Sheamus as he eyed all of the Thrall's sizing him up; however, Sheamus quickly took out a vial of holy water and poured it around him in a circular fashion. Once done, Sheamus threw all four bayonets that he retrieved from his coat's other pocket and stuck them in the ground.

After a moment's tension, the Countessa finally revealed herself, appearing out of thin air before Sheamus but outside of his circle.
    [​IMG]

"My my my, you have done well. I know all about you, Sheamus."

This statement through off Sheamus, how did she know my name?

"I was warned by the Millenium dominion about you. I'm protected by them and off-limits to you."

"Oh really," Sheamus said as he smirked, spinning his gun while she speaks.

[​IMG]

The Countessa shook her head,

"Men and your toys. Yes, don't the Millenium Dominion have an alliance with the Vatican church?"

"Aye, that they do. So you wouldn't mind telling me the password then, would you?"

"Password?"

That was all the confirmation Sheamus needed, and in a flash, he threw a vile of holy water at the Countessa, then he shot it, splashing all of its contents all over her.

At first, there was a blink, then a blood-curdling scream. The Countessa began burning and melting until there was nothing left except for a goopy black liquid.

The thralls watched in horror as their matriarch died and entered a blood-lusted state, charging at him.

Sheamus picked up his bayonets and once again spun his pistol.

[​IMG]

"Dust to dust. You are nothing more than dust. And back to dust, you will return. Amen. "

That night nearby pedestrians would report to the local police that they heard screams of agony and gunshots throughout the night. However, when law enforcement finally showed, all they found was a single man untouched but surrounded by blood, black liquid, and dust. When the police tried to apprehend him, a 1931 LeBaron Marmon Sixteen Limousine rolled up, and the driver stated this;

"That man is the property of the Vatican church and Pope Ambrogio Damiano Achille Ratti or Pius XI."

And with that, they drove off and vanished from the public eye.
    ~St. Peter’s Cathedral, Vatican City, Italy~

Sheamus sat in the church doing his daily prayer when he heard a door open in the cathedral; it was Monsignor Manzini, Sheamus' superior.

“I hope your mission was a success, my son?”

"Aye, Monsignor, the vampire tried to bluff her way out by making up a fake faction called the Millenium Dominion, but I shut her up real good."

“I am afraid there is no rest for the wicked, and you will have to be sent on another mission...”

Sheamus smirked,

"Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord."

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2021
  15. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Combo! With our fearless GM... :)

IC: Lady Delfina Belmont of Duxford, Liesel Van Helsing
    Venturing Out...

Delfi looked up and down the street to get her bearings, then trotted alongside of Liesl van Helsing. "I thought Mr. Holmes younger had retired," she said. "Someone told me he was keeping bees in Surrey, or something."

Liesel chuckled "You never know with him." and gestured "This way." People were walking around and an increasing number of automobiles could be seen. "We will go by foot." She looked at Delfi "I hope you don't mind some exercise?" A thin smirk formed on her lips. "Or we can take the tube..."

Delfi's eyes lit up. "The Tube? Really? I've never been on the Tube! Of course, we can walk, if that's what you would prefer, I really don't mind either way..." But it was hard to suppress her excitement. Granny and Mummy would never let her do this!

Liesel was amused by the girl's enthusiasm about the tube. She was sure that it will cool off when Delfi experiences it for the first time. So the hunter decided not to spoil the surprise. "The Tube it is then!" Liesel smirked and resumed walking "There is a station nearby. Do you have any money on you? We need to buy tickets." judging by the girl's appearance and manner of speaking she was from an upper class family and people like that never carried cash with them, let alone small change.

"Er..." Delfi resisted the urge to peek into her bag. "I usually have about two shillings," she said. Sometimes you needed a penny for the loo, or to tip someone.

Liesel was amused, just as she expected, then gave a dramatic sigh "Alright, I will cover the tickets!" then leaned to Delfi "I will make sure to bill Mycroft." she winked "Anyway, let's go, chop, chop!" she clapped her hands and moved forward.

Despite the cool weather there were enough people on the streets. The usual hustle and bustle. Sights, smells and sounds. The Three S's. "I presume you have no field experience." Liesel gave her a sidelong glance "I am sorry if I am a bit blunt and direct, but in our line of work it is preferable to avoid ambiguity and etiquette among us. Besides, a lot of times we have to deal with people and creatures that don't have refined manners. I will not overwhelm you with information, since you are pretty new to this, but I will expect that you do what I tell you, even if it might sound illogical and strange." the previous levity was gone as Liesel switched into professional mode "First lesson is that you keep your eyes open and try not to get distracted."

Keeping her eyes open was not a problem. Not getting distracted was the key. Delfi couldn't help but gaze in fascination and wonder as they descended the stairs into the depths. The grimy tiling on the walls, the dim lighting, and all the people! Even in mid-afternoon, there was quite a small crowd there. Working folk, dressed plainly but neatly, with blank, closed-in faces. No one seemed threatening. She paid close attention as Liesl bought the tokens to admit them to the platform, and went through the turnstile with delight.

There were a lot of questions she wanted to ask, but it seemed better not to say anything while among the public, so she kept her mouth shut and continued to look around. On the platform, she hesitated. There was someone there, pressed against the wall, a young woman, a girl really...pale and slightly transparent, looking around in fear and confusion. A spirit, perhaps a victim of an accident? Oh, dear. I can't do anything for her right now.

The train arrived with a rush of wind and cold. Delfi glanced back over her shoulder, and followed Liesl into the car.

TAG: Anyone

TheAdmiral and Narancia like this.
  16. Bodhran777

Nov 1, 2019
    IC: Jack King & Tyler Petraeus (Combo!)
    London Alley

Jack stuck his oversized hands into his pockets as he listened, mulling over all the new info. At this point, the thought of relocation wasn’t so bad. His time in London, he figured, was done. He’d be lying, however, if the recruitment option didn’t pique his curiosity a little. The name, he thought, was a bit vague, but then maybe that was the whole point. The Society could easily pass in name as another one of the many private societies out and about without many people batting an eye.

Jack rolled his eyes a bit at the mention of hurting people.

“Tyler, if I was willing to hurt people to keep myself hidden, we wouldn’t be having this conversation,” he said rather matter-of-factly. “But you’ll be happy to know that I haven’t hurt anyone since…” he flared his arms out to indicate his body, “…this started. And that was 7 years ago.”

Jack shuffled his foot a bit, but then laughed as Tyler mentioned the canal and grimaced.

“Boy you have some nerves of steel to suggest taking a swim with an oversized croc. I mean, you don’t have to worry about me, but most people wouldn’t dare make such a suggestion.”

As amusing as this was going to be, Jack knew there were other things to be cautious of in the sewers and canals, such as vagrants, sewage, and occasionally other Fey that didn’t like to be disturbed.

Tyler was surprised, 7 years were a lot of time to hide such a secret. Quite impressive, so he whistled "Wow!" then chuckled at the mention of the nerves of steel. "To be honest, in my line of work I have seen stranger things, so a talking bipedal crocodile is like Tuesday for me." Tyler shrugged "Besides, it is more dangerous to ask Liesel to go out..." he paused "Liesel is my co-worker, she can be quite intense sometimes. Anyway, try not to hit on her..."

Stranger things than this? Jack personally had some trouble fully believing that, though he knew and had seen some odd creatures in his time too. Certainly, some things that defied explanation, particularly in the Fey areas of the world. Most of the stranger creatures tended to be very aloof, but being an oddball yourself tended to open doors that were otherwise closed to normal people.

Jack turned and headed back down the alley in the direction he had intended before getting caught, waving a large hand to signal Tyler to follow him. If they needed to get to the canal, he knew a few good ways out of necessity.

“Liesel…”, Jack said, his brow arching a bit. “Is she that Van Helsing girl? Heard about her from a couple of aos sí I used to be friends with. They made mention of her on one of their trips in here from their mound.”

Reaching the corner where the buildings gave way to the street, Jack looked one way, then inched his head around to the other in a way that suggested he’d done so many times. Convinced no one was within sight, he quickly crossed the road into the opposite alley. They weren’t too far from the canals, but that didn’t mean they didn’t need to be careful. It only took one witness to yell croc and they were in for it.

"Yes, that's her." Tyler grinned "I am sure she will be flattered to hear that." he chuckled and followed Jack. "Good thing it is dark." Tyler commented "It would be hard for me to explain why I am walking around with a crocodile." he laughed again "I am sorry my friend." Petreus sighed "You have to explain me how this power of yours work though. When does it manifest and so on..."

“You mean after we both try to explain why a crocodile is walking and talking in an American accent, all while wearing a coat and pants, around London,” Jack replied with a chuckle. The more he thought about it, the more ridiculous the situation seemed to him. What had the world become?

At Tyler’s probing of his condition, Jack considered the matter a bit, though he more often considered it a curse more than a “power”. Talking about it with someone was weird to him, since he’d only done so with a very small handful of trusted people. Those were usually out of necessity or because someone accidentally witnessed everything, such as now.

“So first of all, I’m sure you’re at least familiar with werewolves, right? Full moons, they get hairy and go wild. Well, you see the moon tonight?” He pointed up in the general direction of where the moon would be. However, if was not full. “No full moon tonight, so forget that idea. I’m not so predictable, unfortunately. The timing is mostly intuition on my part, as if there’s a stop watch going and when it gets close to buzzing, my ‘croc senses’, if you will, start tingling.”

Stopping at another alley intersection, he paused and repeated his crossing maneuver over to the other side. Ahead was a longer alley, and he knew there was a large open space ahead that led to the canal. It would be the riskier part of their surface run.

“I can put it off sometimes,” he continued once out of plain sight, “but sometimes that comes back to bite me, like tonight. I usually don’t lose control mentally unless I fight it too hard, but sometimes the switch comes when I’m not ready. Case in point, here we are now.

“As for abilities, which I’m sure is your next question, I’m a croc, with all the natural abilities they have. Darkness doesn’t bother me much, I can swim better, I can smell blood a mile away and the scent of gun oil in a pocket…” He glanced back at Tyler, letting him know he wasn’t oblivious to his pistol, then patted his own pocket. “Don’t worry, I don’t go unarmed either, and I have a strong bite if nothing else. The added strength doesn’t hurt either. Ripped a door off its hinges once. Since then I try not to lose my house keys.”

He chuckled again, hoping he wasn’t overwhelming Petraeus too much.

Tyler chuckled "You will be surprised how many talking animals, plants and other weird stuff there are." he shook his head and listened to the explanation. It made sense, though he had never heard anyone turn into a crocodile before. He wondered how he got the affliction it was not as if Jack had been stationed in the Middle East during the War...

"Do you know how you got it?" there was no point in beating around the bush. It was better to learn as much as possible about the situation. If it was a curse or something like that it could be reversed. If he had been born with it... well that was another matter.

Jack cringed a bit at the question, though he did his best to hide it from Petraeus. That was a subject he had so far been reluctant to share with anyone.

“Yes, I do. You’ll have to forgive me that I’d rather not talk about it, though,” he replied.

As they neared the end of the alley, Jack slowed down to take in the last stretch of open ground between them and the canal.

“As I said before, I’ve only had it the past 7 years, so it wasn’t an issue during the war. Otherwise, people would have noticed. Hard to hide something like this when you live in trenches, you know. Then again, it would have really scared the Ottos,” he said with a final chuckle.

Reaching the final stretch, Jack flattened himself to the wall and looked around, ducking back a bit as a car rumbled by a short distance away.

“Okay, once we’re in the canal, where are you proposing we head toward? I know the general layout, but if you have some sort of secret way into a safehouse, I’m all ears.”

17. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Lady Orlando and Professor Petreus (Combo)
    Near Stonehenge

Orlanda stared at the Leshen, as it turned to speak to her.

“Step away fairy.” a hoarse voice came from the deer skull “I am here for the human.” the Leshen were creatures of a few words. “The Dark Man promised not to hurt the forest if I brought him the human.”

The Old Man blanched, reasonable or not Orlanda was not an ally yet, so she may very well give him to the creature and go on her way.

The Dark Druid!? The Taker?

Now, it was true that in the lands of the fae, there were many multiples of fay, as there was of humans on the planes, each with their own rules and subjects. But one often had knowledge of another, in case one traveled. To be respectful and not wanting to break any rules, it was only fair. But this one...this was different.

Orlanda gave the Professor a side-eye look. In truth, she had no allegiance to the elder human. But why would the Leshen believe the words of the Dark Man? Did he not work with the other? She saw the Professor go pale. So, he recognized his problem. Orlanda liked this one, better than the other. She could also easily see her being blamed for this man's disappearance. Even if it was not true, they would never most likely hear the end of it.

Hmmm. Quite the dilemma. To either let the Leshen take the man. Or to annoy whoever was after this man, and could possibly put herself into the fray.

How delicious!!

The professor mentioned dark forces gathering. Looking at the Leshen, it did seem as if the man spoke the truth. She then stared hard at the Professor. A chance to annoy and tick someone off. To annoy that hunter to no end. Suddenly, Orlanda gave the Professor a wicked smile, nodding as she turned back to face the Leshen.

Orland moved her hand, and her months gather in a swift pattern in front of her.

"No."

The Leshen stared from the skull's eyes at Orlanda, it stood still as a totem of a wild tribe somewhere deep in the dark forests. No one knew what went through its mind. The Leshen were so inhuman that no one really understood them. "As you wish." the deer skull moved stiffly as it fixed the fairy with the empty gaze.

There was no malice, no emotion whatsoever in its voice. That was what made it so unnerving.

The body creaked and snapped, then lunged with a sudden burst of speed. Despite its dilapidated exterior, the hodge-podge collection of twigs, branches and other pieces they were pretty fast. Its hand swinging at the fairy, if hit it can cause a lot of damage, even kill if she were a regular human.

She knew the thing was deadly, but not the smartest in as things go. It stared down at her, and she returned its glare, as she gestured with her fingers. The Leshen stared down at her. "As you wish." the deer skull moved stiffly as it fixed the fairy with the empty gaze.

She knew it would not take no as an answer.

The body creaked and snapped, then lunged with a sudden burst of speed, its hand swinging towards Orlanda. Orlanda smirked, as she moved.

"Look out!" the Old Man screamed at Orlanda.

Suddenly the mass of moths surrounded Orlanda, like a cloud, creating a shield for her, as they appeared to become almost a solid shield.

[​IMG]
    Orlanda shrank her size, and moved, shooting skywards as she did.
    Orlanda moved behind, letting her moths move to swarm over the Leshen. As it would swing at them, they would simply regroup, swallowing him up once more, slamming against the Leshen, attacking him, their webbing flying about, covering the thing. "I have business with this one." Orlanda snarled.

"The dark one lies!" she hissed at the thing, as she moved, growing larger once more as she landed near the Professor. She yanked out her dagger, clutching it tightly as she kept her eyes on the Leshen. "The dark one uses you. Are you not the queen's catcher? Or did he lie about that too?"

Orlanda looked towards the Professor. "I suggest we leave. I would hate to have to use this," she stated darkly. Keeping her dagger at the ready.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
  18. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    OOC: Thank you all for your patience, so here is the next update

The streets of London

“Fair enough.” Tyler shrugged “Though I can tell you that the subject will be broached by the scientists and other researchers of the Society.” then chuckled “Oh, the Huns would have been terrified.” he shook his head.

“I did not know it then, but my grandfather told me that there were some supernaturals fighting on both sides.” Tyler said confidentially “Some vampire counts, I am sure they had the feasts of their lives, though they must have been wearing certain amulets to go out in the Sun.” he pursed his lips “Some ghouls, some werewolves, mages, wizards, there were rumours that the Austro-Hungarians tried to use a Golem at the Italian front.”

Tyler grimaced at the stench of the canal. Try as you might, you could never get used to it. He did not notice that they were being observed, small inhuman eyes were watching them. The creature concealed, it was hungry. Those homeless men were not enough to satiate its hunger. The big crocodile… that was the main course and the human… the human was just dessert.

“Well we should head towards Hyde Park.” Tyler said “There I will direct us towards the safehouse.”

TAG: @Bodhran777 - Continuation of the combo

The London Underground

Liesel found them a couple of seats. Good thing that chivalry was not dead and the two gentlemen who were headed toward the same spot were galant enough to allow for the two ladies to take them. Liesel gave them a smile and sat with a sigh.

“Well, its novelty wears off very fast.” she chuckled and looked at Delfi “But the first few times it are fun.” a small nod “But its biggest merit is allowing us to travel fast.”

She looked around, not searching for anyone, just a professional habit. Especially when they were in a crowd. Nothing threatening. At least nothing too obvious. Though they were being watched. An Asian woman kept a discreet eye on them.

But Liesel was too distracted with her trainee. “You must know.” she leaned so that only Delfi could hear her. “We can’t barge in there and say that we are with Scotland Yard.” she was all-business again “The director of the museum and some of his associates know about us, but right now we can’t be there on official business. So we will have to stay away from the official investigation.” a slight smirk formed on Liesel’s lips “Good thing is that we know things the Bobbies don’t.” then remembered something “You will most likely see strange things, or things out of place you will have to report them to me. Most of the times they are unrelated to a given case, but sometimes they are clues to other on-going (or even cold) cases.”

TAG: @Mistress_Renata - continue combo

Near Stonehenge

The Leshen was still watching Orlanda. It could easily summon the crows and could put a dent on the shield of moths. The birds had to eat too… But it was vulnerable during that transformation and given that the fairy was pretty fast it could not gamble.

“You cannot stop him.” it said still ready for another lunge. “His works have already started...”

The Old Man frowned and took a step forward. He needed to learn more. The skull turned towards him. That stopped him in his tracks. The Professor looked at Orlanda “Yes, my Lady, we should leave. Is it too much to ask that you transport me?”

TAG: @Ktala - continue combo

St. Peter’s Cathedral, Vatican City, Italy

The old man nodded and smiled, but internally he was worried. The Millennium Dominion had come out of its shadows. These were truly dark times. “I am glad, my son. You did well. You did God’s work.” he patted him on the shoulder.

“Unfortunately His Holiness has another mission for you.” he said gravely “You will have to go to London, dark clouds are gathering there.” it was a cesspit of occult societies, supernatural beings and forces. The British had plundered tombs and temples that were best left alone, thus attracting the attention of these forces.

Besides the Scottish Highlands and the Irish Isles were still home to some dying creatures. The same went for the dark forests of the Baltics, the open steppes of Siberia, the jungles of Asia, Africa and Latin America…

But man’s technological and scientific progress had reduced their numbers. At least there was some blessing in that. “You know of the Society.” the Monsignor started cautiously “I know we don’t see eye to eye on certain issues.” those being the rather liberal attitude in regards to working with those monstrosities.

“They requested our help. They believe they have found something that will require our attention. Mycroft Holmes mentioned that they are gathering people from all over the globe. We believe that you are best suited for the task. So get some rest.” he raised his hand to stop him “Yes, rest, pray, steel your faith and resolve as I am afraid that the signs are dark. If what Brother Umberto says is true...”

TAG: @Narancia - potential combo

19. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Lady Delfi
    Deep under the streets of London

Delfi was still looking around with fascination and enjoyment. While they were being jostled around, you could feel the speed of the train, it was quite fun! It was interesting people-watching, too, although she was trying not to be obvious. It was terribly rude to stare, after all.

She was taken aback when Liesl leaned over to whisper to her. Impersonate Scotland Yard? The thought had never crossed her mind! She didn't quite understand what the woman meant by other things out of place. "I thought I would visit the Museum tomorrow morning," she said. "I have a letter to access the Reading Room. I've quite a lot of research to do." She lowered her own voice. "Should we really be discussing this in public?"

Narancia and TheAdmiral like this.
  20. Bodhran777

Nov 1, 2019
    London Alley

At the mention of all the other creatures fighting in the war, Jack grimaced. The thought of ghouls and vampires running wild on a battlefield, or being stuck in a trench with a werewolf during a shift, made him miss the war even less. It did, however, make some sense out of some of the messes they found in trenches and towns. Whole buildings could be turned into absolute horror shows with no ready explanation even before troops arrived. Plus, with half the supernatural creatures having origins in European countries, it wasn’t too hard to believe that some would get wrapped up in the fighting for reasons other than domination. It was a feast for many.

Once they made it to the canal, Jack looked around before setting them onto the path along the water. The smell was indeed strong, but it was the best way to go without being spotted on the streets. If needed, they could also slip into the water and swim. For Tyler’s sake, he would try to avoid that, since he probably wouldn’t be able to keep up with Jack’s swim speed.

“Hyde Park, hmm? Hiding out in the old Police House or something?”

TAG:
    @TheAdmiral

21. Narancia

Oct 24, 2020
    Combo with the GM

IC: Sheamus and the Monsignor

Sheamus listened intently to the words of Monsignor Manzini and rose to his feet; dark times were ahead, and he needed his faith to be as strong as the most durable metals on this blue gem called earth.

"Aye Monsignor, I won't need long to prepare; once the lord calls, it becomes a top priority and nothing will stop in my quest to do God's will."

Sheamus nodded deeply as he went to prepare himself for the coming mission by restocking his ammunition, cleaning his daggers, and finally praying to the good lord for strength in the struggle that was to follow. It was only after doing all this that Sheamus felt that he was ready.

The Monsignor approached the Shaemus' room and knocked. "May I come in, my son?" he asked softly. The time was approaching, and the Holy See's agent should be ready. The time was running out fast. Italy has already been infected by the fascii; the brown shirts were gaining strength in Germany. Who knew what exactly was going on in the USSR.

"Aye Monsignor," Sheamus responded as he finished his prayer and sharpening his knife. "I understand how dire the situation is. But if there any words you wish to impart any new advice to me, then I will gladly listen to them."

The old man entered the room and smiled. "Try to work with the Society." he started softly. "But be vigilant." he cautioned. "Their ways might be very seductive, but we can never be sure of their intentions. One thing is for sure, there is great darkness coming, and we have to be ready."

"I will, Monsignor. I understand we manipulate these mystical creatures to our end, sir."

Sheamus looked around the room and found his most treasured item, the bible. "As long as those bloody animals understand whose really in charge. We humans, we're the dominant species on the planet, and that's because God intended it to be so."

The Monsignor smiled. "You have everything; you will have to send us regular reports," he said and blessed the man. "An airplane will take you to London."

Sheamus nodded and made his way to the airplane, nodding before the guards and sitting down in his seat, reading his daily verses from the bible.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
    Mistress_Renata likes this.
  22. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Lady Orlanda
    Leaving Stonehenge

“You cannot stop him.” the Lenshen spoke , it said still ready for another lunge. “His works have already started...”

The Old Man frowned and took a step forward. He needed to learn more. The skull turned towards him. That stopped him in his tracks. The Professor looked at Orlanda “Yes, my Lady, we should leave. Is it too much to ask that you transport me?”

Orlanda still had a sly smile on her face, as she kept her eye on the Leshen. She was not going to give him an opening, and she still held the dagger in hand.

"Probably. But I will do it anyway. You have garnered my interest."

With that, Orlanda stretched out her hand. As the Professor saw a spray of glitter leave her fingertips, he would then notice that the moths suddenly came to surround both him and Orlanda. Within moments they were both airborne. Not until they were both a good distance away from the Leshen did Orlanda place her dagger back into its sheath. With a more serious look now on her face, she asked..." where to?"

The Professor had never experienced such a mode of transportation and was not sure how he felt about it. His stomach felt rather queasy but managed to maintain his composure. After all, it would not be dignified if he hurled in the presence of the lady.

The Old Man looked around to get his bearings. "How far can you take us?" he raised an eyebrow. "If you can do long distance, I hope you won't mind coming to jolly old London."

As Orlanda quietly placed her dagger back into its hiding place, she heard the professor ask his question.

Orlanda, enjoying being airborne, laughed softly. "Jolly? Not really. Old, most definitely." She gestured off to the side. I can get us there. But I think I should switch modes slightly. After all, I think this would be rather noticeable, don't you?"

Well away from the forest and Stonehenge, she found a spot. She then had her moths switch their positions, and while they still floated, they now looked to have turned into a large cloud or mist.

"This should be more appropriate if we are heading for London," she said with a smirk. She then reached over and touched the Professor. They both shrank until they were both very small. She laughed, leaning her head back.

"Now, we travel properly. This should make you feel a bit easier. Think of it as flying in a boat." With that, they took off again, moving at a much faster rate.

Unless anything interrupted them, they should reach London in a reasonable amount of time.

23. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    The London Underground, Streets of London

The train stopped and Liesel looked up to see the table of the name. “That’s our stop.” she sighed and stood up, ushering Delfi to follow her, after all they did not have much time before the departure towards the next one.

The men made way for them to pass, but in the crowd the Agent did not notice the Asian woman moving as well. Van Helsing was too busy leading her younger trainee through the station to pay attention.

They exited the British Museum Metro Station and were greeted with the impressive sight of the building.

“Well, here we are.” she turned her head and smirked “As for your previous question, no one actually pays any attention to what you say in a crowd like that.” she shrugged “But you have the right idea.” Liesel nodded.

“We will start with the side alleys.” she continued “See what we can find there.” Liesel indicated with her head “Come...”

The journey back to London was a strange one indeed. The Professor had read of that mode of transportation, but to experience it first hand… That was another matter. Though he would prefer not to repeat the experience…

They materialized right in the middle of a familiar alley. Good thing there were no people, despite it being in the middle of the day…

“YOU!” came a familiar voice.

The Old Man was surprised to see Liesel and with Delfi nonetheless! The huntress was glaring at Orlanda. Those two had a history…

Liesel and Delfi were still being discreetly trailed, though their stalker had to utilize her formidable acrobatic abilities to follow them and remain unnoticed.

“See anything out of the ordinary?” the Agent asked Delfi. There were no obvious signs that could link the alley to the crime. Liesel needed to find any potential access routes to the Museum.

She knew that it was a pointless exercise, but she had her own method. She was going to move around the target area, do an initial sweep, memorize everything that might be useful. Create a mental map, see how she would approach the problem of breaking into the Museum, then will start testing.

Something caught her attention, a swarm of moths! Oh no! No! No! she thought and when Orlanda and … the Professor appeared before them, she could not stop herself from growling “YOU!”

TAG: @Mistress_Renata @Ktala

The sewers of London

Tyler chuckled “You could say that.” he grinned “Though we have a lot of places around town, but this is the closest.” he shrugged. The former Lieutenant tried not to think too much about the stench and the squishy and crunchy sounds his shoes were making.

Oh Liesel will have a field day making fun of him…

“Have you met anyone like you?” some information gathering would not hurt. “Since the turn of the century supernaturals are getting harder to find.” he snorted “I guess technological progress pushed them deeper into the shadows.”

The hunter that was stalking them chittered as it its chitinous and hairy legs moved over the bricks that covered the top of the sewer they were in.

The croc was so appetizing and Shelob had not eaten in a while…

Tyler grimaced as something slimy dripped on his hair. “What the...” he reached and touched it. It was sticky and slimy… “I don’t think we are alone in here.” he hissed.

Society Townhouse

Meanwhile Mycroft Holmes and Irina Bezukhova were waiting for their guest sent from the Vatican to assist them. There was some tension between the Society and the Holy See, despite their ultimate goal being the same, just their methods differed.

He had read the file on the hunter they were being sent. An Irishman, a devout Catholic, uncompromising warrior. He wondered how he will fit with Liesel and Tyler, who were both known for their carefree and adventurous disposition (a fact that annoyed M quite a lot), but they will have to find a way to work together.

The car that was sent to bring the man from the port terminal arrived. Mycroft stood up and straightened his jacket. Irina hurried towards the door to greet the man.

“Mister Sheamus, I presume.” she flashed one of her disarming smiles “I am Miss Bezukhova.” she moved to the side to let him in. “Mister Holmes is waiting for you. The driver will take care of your luggage.”

M stepped to the door “Good day.” he said in his formal and emotionless voice “I am Mycroft Holmes.” he offered a hand “I trust your journey was uneventful?”

TAG: @Narancia

24. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Lady Delfina Belmont of Duxford, Liesl van Helsing
    An alley near the Museum

Delfi was amazed to emerge from the depths of the earth to find Russell Square laid out in front of her. She had no idea the Underground ran anywhere near, and it was a short and easy walk to the British Museum. She made a mental note. She'd actually been planning to visit the Museum tomorrow, and had expected to hail a taxi. But the Underground was almost as convenient, and much more exciting. She nodded as Liesl introduced her to the building. She'd been inside exactly once, a trip with her classmates of Miss Malwort's. They had been whisked through at top speed, particularly past the famous statues from the Parthenon. (Some had not been adorned with fig leaves, leading to a lot of giggling, jokes and speculation in the dormitories later).

She'd planned to wander through the Egyptian wing before going up to the Reading Room, but she decided she'd have to plan several days, so she could see everything. She followed Liesl around the corner, backtracking up Montague street, and then slipping into a small alley between some of the massive buildings that composed the Museum.

“See anything out of the ordinary?” asked Liesl.

Delfi wasn't sure what she was supposed to be looking for. She looked on the ground and up at the windows. "Nothing," she said. Or perhaps Liesl was asking if she saw anything with the Sight? She got nothing there, either, although it was rare for most spirits to appear at this time of day. The alley was in shadow, but deserted, and terminated at a large door which, she suspected, led to a back area of the museum. There was a stack of old crates outside a door nearer to her, with a large gray cat sprawled on top of them. She stared at him, but he opened an eye, regarded her incuriously, then put his paw over his face and returned to his nap. No, nothing spectral there. She did have a funny feeling, a prickling at the back of her neck, but looking all around, she saw absolutely nothing. The sounds were the normal sounds of the city.

And then, just beyond Liesl, a...shadow? A mist? It swirled, coalesced, then dissipated to reveal...Delfi blinked! The Professor! And...a woman?

"YOU!" growled Liesl, tensing up.

Delfi looked at the woman. Tall, slim, dark-haired, her face was unlined and appeared youthful and yet...the look in her eyes was eons old. Her face was sculpted, her ears...were they pointed? Her gown was simple and elegant, swirling around her ankles. The woman looked at the other two and Delfi felt a shiver go up her spine. This woman was the most beautiful creature she'd ever seen...and she was utterly terrifying. Indeed, there was something...not-quite human about her. Liesl might not have qualms about antagonizing her, but Delfi did. This was not someone to cross. She bowed her head respectfully, and looked to the Professor to make introductions.

TAG: @TheAdmiral, @Ktala

Narancia, Ktala and TheAdmiral like this.
  25. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Lady Orlanda
    London alleyway...

Orlanda thrilled in the wake of their journey, but she stayed mindful enough to keep things steady. After all, it would not do to have the old man get ill. So she kept it quite peaceful. At least to her. Once they appeared, Orlanda held out her hand. He had tempted her with a trinket, and after saving his life, she felt as she had earned her due.

They materialized right in the middle of a familiar alley. Good. Nice and quiet...

“YOU!” came a familiar voice.

The Old Man was surprised to see Liesel and another woman standing in the alley as well. The huntress was glaring at Orlanda. Orlanda nearly purred as she smiled, and leaned in towards the Professor.

"Worry not, Hunter. I protected him well." Her words dripped with amusement, thoroughly enjoying the fact that she was getting under the Huntresses's words. She then turned, noticing the young woman next to her. The woman nodded respectfully towards them.

At this, Lady Orlanda dipped her head in respect as well.

"M'Lady." she stated, looking towards the young woman, ignoring Liesl entirely.

TAG: @Mistress_Renata, TheAdmiral