main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fantasy Horror Historical Earth OPEN The Encroaching Madness

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by TheAdmiral, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Narancia

Narancia Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2020
    IC: Sheamus

Sheamus took Holme's hands and shook them.

"A pleasure to meet you, Mister Holmes; I trust that this matter is of urgent business to the Pope and the Vatican, I presume."

Sheamus gave a warm smile, but beneath it was a hint of an unstable zealot willing to kill anyone that gets in his way.

[​IMG]

"Oh, and yes, my journey was uneventful, but these days those are a comfort and a luxury to be had before we throw ourselves into the pits of hell that we call war."

Sheamus made his way around the room as the attendant took his luggage. "So, what is our objective, Mister Holmes? Any creature that needs killing is the Germans keeping themselves in check?"

TAG: @TheAdmiral

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
    TheAdmiral and Mistress_Renata like this.
  2. Bodhran777

Bodhran777 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2019
    IC: Jack King
    London Sewers

As the pair trudged through the sewer, Jack paid no mind to the smell or feel of the brick floor. He’d been through places like this many times out of necessity to hide, though he’d be lying if he said he found it pleasurable. He could tell Petraeus was trying to ignore the sensations too, and hardly blamed him. No one ever got used to it.

“Never met another like me that I was aware of at the time. Met plenty of fey and other ‘monsters’, as most people would call us, but no one like me. There was a shapeshifter I met that could impersonate me, but that’s obviously not the same,” he said with a shrug as he ducked under a pipe.

“Technology has changed and pushed many away from society, but it’s also given more of us easier ways to get out and about without being caught. People like me have it easier, since I’m only this way part of the time. Others, say like a fairy, are what they are all the time, so they have to get creative. Some hire out the more ‘normal’-looking folks to drive them around in lorries or cabs, if they can’t use other means to get around. I’ve even used that trick before.” He paused and chuckled. “I shifted at a bar once, all fey patrons, of course, and had to hire out a driver to stuff me in the back of a lorry and make a ‘special delivery’ to my flat.”

As Tyler felt the drip of slime on him, Jack paused and looked around, instinctively reaching into his clothing to draw a hidden knife. He would have gone for his gun, but between the cramped space and his big clawed hands not fitting into the trigger guard to actually fire, he was left with the pointy option. After a second, he then followed the slime trail upward, his armed fist ready to lash out.

“We need to get out of here…right now,” he muttered.

@TheAdmiral

3. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Force Ghost star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    Streets of London

The Professor tried not to hurl and to maintain a dignified face. If it were only him and Orlanda, maybe he could have let go of certain inhibitions, but with Liesel and… Delfi there, it was impossible. He wondered whether she had brought him here on purpose or was it… fate?

It was nice to see that Delfi took things in her stride, though the sudden appearance would not be the strangest thing she would see and experience. Not by a long shot. Either way it gave him hope that she would be able to fit in with the Society.

“Why is she here?” Liesel addressed him.

The Old Man gave a soft chuckle, when angry the young Van Helsing would lose her sense of decorum and be as direct as her grandfather.

“Now is not the time and place for such discussions.” he said softly and raised a hand when Liesel opened her mouth to protest “M is on-board with this.” that put a stop for now, though her eyes were shooting daggers at Orlanda.

“I see that you are already in the field.” the Professor addressed Delfi “Liesel is a good teacher, albeit a bit hotheaded.” he smiled.

“May I inquire as to why you are here?” he turned his head back to Liesel.

“We were making an initial sweep, looking for a potential entry point and to get a general sense of the crime.” Liesel had composed herself.

The Old Man nodded, it was part of her method, the tutelage under Sherlock Holmes had paid off. Even though the man had been mightily annoyed at having to work with her, to the amusement of the good doctor Watson.

And of Mycroft, of course…

“Maybe she could use her magical mumbo-jumbo?” she meant Orlanda.

The Old Man looked at the Lady, curious as to what the answer might be?

TAG: @Mistress_Renata

The sewers of London

Tyler knew what Jack meant. There was always something off when dealing with shapeshifters and if you are observant enough you would notice the subtle differences. Maybe it was the eyes? One can’t imitate the looks another give, our experiences and thoughts shape who we are…

“We know of some of those places.” Tyler sighed “A lot had to go legitimate. At least we are not in the States with Prohibition and all that jazz...” that made him chuckle “I love my beer and whiskey.” he grinned.

The grin started to falter when he saw that Jack was looking up. It was too dark for him to see anything. Dark and smelly. But there was something that caught his attention. There was a chittering sound…

“Oh s...” Tyler was about to exclaim when something heavy and hairy crashed on top of Jack.

The sheer weight and the sudden attack had the were-croc crash on the slimy floor. Tyler fumbled for his gun, but a strong leg kicked him in the stomach sending him flying towards the wall. Good thing he did not gather too much momentum or that would have killed him instantly.

TAG: @Bodhran777 - we can do a combo for the fight or if you want you can deal with Shelob

Society Townhouse

Mycroft paused for a second studying the man. He, like his more famous brother, had a great eye for detail and what he saw made him worried. What was the Vatican playing at, sending such a man to them?

He knew of Shaemus’ exploits, but had never met the man in person. M knew of people like him. Fanatical and almost monomaniacal in their pursuit of what they called monsters. Maybe they needed such a person? Given their adversary.

“Straight to business I see.” he said dryly “Very well, how much do you know about what brought the Great War about?” Mycroft referred not to the mundane and publicly known reasons. There was a second level to the conflict.

A spiritual one…

It was meant to be the greatest human sacrifice to date, bringing the darkness to the forefront. But for what reason?

That was the mystery…

TAG: @Narancia

Mistress_Renata and Narancia like this.
  4. Narancia

Narancia Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2020
    IC: Sheamus

Sheamus continued to stride about, his focus seeming elsewhere, but his mind still entirely on the meeting at hand.

"I've been informed on intel within a need-to-know basis. Any other information that I have not been told of, I trust you will fill me in on."

Sheamus was intrigued by this Mycroft fellow. Sheamus could tell that Mycroft was beginning to question the Vatican's judgment, but his thoughts were of no consequence.

Mistress_Renata and TheAdmiral like this.
  5. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    IC: Lady Delfina Belmont
    Alley behind the British Museum

Delfi was still waiting to be introduced to the mysterious Lady. More and more, she was convinced that the woman was one of the Sith, and not to be insulted. She resisted the urge to roll her eyes at Liesl, an unladylike habit of which Granny would not approve. She offered her hand to the Lady to introduce herself. "Lady Delfina Belmont of Duxford," she said. For the Fae, good manners mattered a great deal.

@Ktala

She turned to the others. "Where was the Great Ankh being kept?" she asked. "Was it on display or in one of the storage areas?" Perhaps if they went to the original location and tracked back from there...?

@TheAdmiral

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
    TheAdmiral and Narancia like this.
  6. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002

Lady Orlanda

Alley behind the British Museum

Orlanda's dark eyes sparkled in delight. Not at the poor professor, who seemed to be suffering from the effects of their travel, but at the Huntress totally losing it. To the new woman next to the huntress, she did not scream or jump or do any of that other silliness. She seemed to take all things in stride and was not put off at all. Excellent!

“Why is she here?” Liesel addressed the Professor, ignoring her completely. Orlanda was quite happy with the effect she had on the woman. But she kept that look of contentment far from her face, as she looked towards the Professor.

“Now is not the time and place for such discussions.” he said softly and raised a hand when Liesel opened her mouth to protest “M is on-board with this.”

Orlanda wondered who this mysterious M was, but was enjoying the looks the Huntress was now affording her. Orlanda stood tall, quite unfazed.

“I see that you are already in the field.” the Professor addressed Delfi “Liesel is a good teacher, albeit a bit hotheaded.” he smiled.

Understatement.

“May I inquire as to why you are here?” he turned his head back to Liesel.

“We were making an initial sweep, looking for a potential entry point and to get a general sense of the crime.” Liesel had composed herself. Then the woman gave another dark look towards Orlanda. “Maybe she could use her magical mumbo-jumbo?”

Before she could give a retort, the woman who had been patiently waiting spoke up,

She offered her hand to the Lady to introduce herself. "Lady Delfina Belmont of Duxford," she said.

Orlanda, showing her most polished of manners, took a step forward. "Greetings, Lady Delfina. I am ever so keen to meet another Lady of standards," she stated as she reached out, accepting the other woman's hand in a friendly gesture, giving it a firm clasp.

"I am Lady Orlanda from the Mists of Silvania. And it is a pleasure to meet you, Lady Delfina Belmont of Duxford." She smiled. "So, it seems that they have tempted you, by mentioning the Cross of life also?"

As Orlanda dropped her hand and took a step back, the smile instantly faded. Not looking towards the Huntress, Orlanda simply looked towards the Professor. The Lady Delfina Belmont spoke once more.

She turned to the others. "Where was the Great Ankh being kept?" she asked. "Was it on display or in one of the storage areas?"

Orlanda offered the woman another smile.

TAG: @TheAdmiral @Mistress_Renata

7. Bodhran777

Bodhran777 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2019
    IC: Jack King
    London Sewers

Before Jack had a chance to make out what it was he was looking at, the hairy thing came crashing down on top of him, flattening him to the slimy floor and all but knocking the wind out of him. As big and bulky as he was in his current state, this thing was bigger, and had a foul smell even over the sewer stench. The chittering and legs clued him into what had just ambushed them, and he grimaced. He hated spiders...

"Oh no you don't," he growled at the thing.

With a swoosh through the air, his tail flicked up and gave the spider a heavy hit to the back legs in an attempt to buckle them. If it hadn't been for the sheer number of legs, he might have knocked it off then and there, but it kept balance. However, it gave him enough room to bring his legs up. With a push of his arms, he created a bit of separation, got his feet planted, and kicked hard against the spider's midsection until it was mostly off of him.

Reaching into his coat, he pulled the pistol he had tucked inside and clicked the safety off before unloading a burst of bullets into the spider's body. The shots echoed off the stone walls deafeningly, making his hearing ring. Despite the smaller caliber, it would let the spider know this croc wasn't going to be an easy meal and could sting back. As a final warning, Jack squared up to the creature, bared his claws and teeth, and let loose a loud, threatening hiss, figuring if this thing was simply after a quick bite, it might decide to pass if it saw him as a larger threat. After all, he figured, the trick worked on bears and other predators in a pinch, so why would this be much different.

OOC: Sorry for the long delay. Things have been a bit wild after Ida. I also lost my CS somehow, where I was keeping all my notes on the RP. As for the fight, this was going to be a combo, but I figured for the sake of getting a move on again, I'd just go for a normal post.

8. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    Streets of London

Liesel blinked, did Orlanda just ignore her!? She tried to restrain herself from jumping at the fairy and to try to claw her eyes out! The Professor’s, M’s and Delfina’s opinions notwithstanding!

She was going to protect Delfina from Orlanda’s influence. That was for sure. Liesel was about to step between the two of them when the Professor cleared his throat.

She could see his disapproval being mixed with amusement.

“They were preparing to exhibit The Treasures of Egypt.” he started “It was in the storage.” the Professor looked at the female trio “It seems the Dark Man has a person inside, or had hired someone to do the job.”

The Old Man sighed, it was not much to work with, but that was part of the job.

“Before we move forward with the investigation.” he closed his eyes for a second “If you were the perpetrator, how would you have gone with the task?”

TAG: @Ktala @Mistress_Renata

The sewers of London

The whole situation felt as if taken from one of those Weird Tales stories that were popular over the pond. Smelly, confined dark place and a large monster. Tyler’s heart was racing. He tried to stay out of Jack’s way, but it was nearly impossible to do so.

He tried to shoot at the creature attacking them, but the big shadow disappeared after Jack hissed at it.

That made Tyler frown. It was too easy. “What was that thing?” he asked breathlessly not feeling or hearing the hundreds of smaller chittering sounds coming from different directions around them.

Mommy called her children for a feast…

TAG: @Bodhran777

9. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Lady Orlanda
    Streets behind the British Museum

Orlanda's eyes twinkled, but she stayed very proper while she was dealing with the Lady Delfina Belmont, who spoke once more.

Delfina turned to the others. "Where was the Great Ankh being kept?" she asked. "Was it on display or in one of the storage areas?"

Now it was the Professors turn to respond. “Before we move forward with the investigation.” he closed his eyes for a second “If you were the perpetrator, how would you have gone with the task?”

Orlanda nodded slowly. A good question. She looked at the Professor, and then Lady Delfina. "Well, indeed, if it was taken before it was even out on display, that would limit the thief to those who knew it was here. At the moment, that would be either the folks who delivered it here..and those who work here." Orlanda tilted her head. "Do the beings here know the item is missing or was a fake introduced? Either way, the aura from that thing should be putting out quite a bit of energy."

She turned to look back at the Professor. "I don't suppose you have a way to get us in, so that we could.. take a peek, perhaps," Orlanda asked innocently. "If not, I'm sure there are other ways..."

Orlanda smiled.

TAG: @TheAdmiral, @Mistress_Renata

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
    TheAdmiral likes this.
  10. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    IC: Lady Delfina Belmont
    The Alley behind the Museum

Delfi pondered the Professor’s questions. “If you were the perpetrator, how would you have gone about the task?” She’d never considered what it would be to take up a life as a criminal! (Raiding the pantry at Miss Malwort’s surely didn’t count).

Lady Orlanda looked thoughtful. “Well, indeed, if it was taken before it was even out on display," she said in a low, rich voice, "that would limit the thief to those who knew it was here. At the moment, that would be either the folks who delivered it here...and those who work here. Do the beings here know the item is missing or was a fake introduced? Either way, the aura from that thing should be putting out quite a bit of energy."

She turned to look back at the Professor. "I don't suppose you have a way to get us in, so that we could.. take a peek, perhaps? If not, I'm sure there are other ways..." Delfi had seen how she'd arrived, and didn't doubt for a moment that the mysterious woman could find her own way in.

Liesl was trying to get a word in edgewise and push between Delfi and Orlanda, but the Professor raised his hand to silence her. Delfi sidestepped so that she could see, and said, “I think Lady Orlanda has a good point. I mean, Grandfather used to say something, I can’t remember what it was, something about shaving?* But the main point was that the simplest solution is usually the correct one.

“Now, I don’t know much about magic, but you’d need a pretty big working to steal an artifact of power, wouldn't you? And it would leave a residue, wouldn’t it? So it would be simpler just to have someone on the staff –or someone dressed like the staff—to put a different label on a crate and just carry it off, as if it was going to be delivered to a different museum or something. Even carried out in the trash.” She remembered the story of how her family had lost Excalibur, a guest come for a shooting weekend who had simply carried it off in his gun case. It had taken a World War and her father's life to get it back safely.

TAG: @TheAdmiral, @Ktala

*Delfi is of course mis-remembering Occam's Razor

TheAdmiral likes this.
  11. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    Streets of London

The Professor remained impassive while listening. It was a good start, but they needed to be braver in their assumptions. In the Society’s world anything was possible. For all they knew there could be magical portals, staircases appearing from the ground leading to tunnels made by goblins. A poltergeist could have taken it and so on.

Or it could be a mundane thing. There were some famous thieves, like Lupin, who could pull a stunt like that.

But this was a potential teaching moment, so he was not going to interfere. The Old Man just gave a small smile followed by a small nod to Liesel.

The Agent, in turn, understood what he meant. So she stepped forward “Well, let us find out, shall we?” Liesel smirked.

“And I will wait for you here.” the Professor chuckled, “I am far too old for adventures.” he sighed and shook his head.

“How should we proceed?” Liesel asked “We can go the traditional way, or we can use Orlanda-ah’s” she eyed the fairy as she gave her not-so-subtle jab “abilities?”

She omitted crucial information as she hoped that they would notice. First and foremost, it was still day. They could still carry out the mission, but that meant being extra careful and very meticulous with their planning.

OOC: @Bodhran777 outgoing tag

12. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Lady Delfina Belmont of Duxford
    Outside the British Museum

Delfi was getting restless. It had been a very long day, what with the train ride up from the country and the tour of the house. She’d been hoping to lie down for a rest after lunch, and to peruse the books that had been left for her, but Liesl van Helsing had dragged her out here.

And now Liesl asked how to proceed. If she was such an experienced agent, she’d already know how to proceed. It was irritating to be given such a test. Delfi glanced at Lady Orlanda. No doubt the powerful Fey had all kinds of magics, but it seemed to Delfi that it would be wiser to keep things simple. To start at least.

Without replying to Liesl’s question, she walked up to the massive double doors, which were meant for freight. Beside them, on the right, was a more normal size door, no doubt intended for staff, and indeed, there was a sign that said “Staff Only.” She’d have preferred to enter through the front, but she didn’t feel like walking all that way around to the front of the building, and the thing about being an aristo was that others tended to not only defer to you, but also to believe that you were something of an idiot.

She opened the Staff Door, unlocked at this time of day, and stepped into the gloomy freight area. There were all types of crates and boxes, and a large something, shrouded in a tarp. A security guard came forward, looking quite smart in a jacket of blue with brass buttons.

“ ’Ere, miss, you can’t come in 'ere. It’s staff only. Public entrance is around the front.”

“Oh, good morning,” said Delfi in her best elocution. “I’m Lady Delfina, Duxford’s sister? I’m hoping to see the Egyptian fellow, you know, the man in charge of the mummies and what not. Could tell me how to get there?”

TheAdmiral likes this.
  13. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Lady Orlanda
    The British Museum

The Professor would wait. That was fine. But he probably could have gotten in rather easily because of his position. Lady Delfina seemed to have other ideas, even as Orlanda listened to Lisel make another snipe at her abilities. Lady Delfina she walked up to the massive double doors, which were meant for freight. Orlanda gave a wicked grin. Oh, she was going to like this one!!

Lady Delfina opened the Staff Door, unlocked at this time of day, and stepped into the gloomy freight area. Instantly, Orlanda shrunk herself down, and shrowded herself in dark fairy magic, and follow the woman low to the ground so that she would not be seen. As soon as she passed the doorway, she zipped to the top of the rafters, to get a good view. There were all types of crates and boxes, and a large something, shrouded in a tarp. She found a place to hide, as she listed to Lady Delfina speak to the guard.

“ ’Ere, miss, you can’t come in 'ere. It’s staff only. Public entrance is around the front.”

“Oh, good morning,” said Delfi in her best elocution. “I’m Lady Delfina, Duxford’s sister? I’m hoping to see the Egyptian fellow, you know, the man in charge of the mummies and what not. Could tell me how to get there?”

Orlanda began to scan for anything unusual or magical in nature as she waited to see how skillful the woman was. If she happened to need a bit of help....

Well, she would just wait and see. Perhaps a sleep spell? She would stand ready, just in case, as she scanned around.

TAG: @TheAdmiral, Mistress_Renat

14. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    OOC: Apologies for the large delay!

Streets of London

Liesel raised an eyebrow. Not the best approach, but could work. She crossed her arms on her chest observing the exchange between the young Lady and the worker.

She gave a sidelong glance at Orlanda, Liesel needed to be careful with her. The fey was too unpredictable and could cause a lot of trouble.

What was the Professor thinking!?

Speaking of the Old Man, he too was observing the exchange. This direct approach was a gamble for sure.

The Museum worker looked at Delfi up and down. She wore expensive clothes, but that did not prove anything!

“This is not the place for a young lady like yourself!” he exclaimed. “And if you want you can take your complaint to the director!” the man was getting worked up.

The Professor looked at Orlanda. She could turn the tide so to speak by enchanting the man or leave it to Delfi to convince the man.

TAG: @Mistress_Renata @Ktala

Outgoing tag for @Bodhran777

Ktala and Mistress_Renata like this.
  15. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Just inside the British Museum

The security guard stared at Delfi and started to bluster. “This is not the place for a young lady like yourself!” he exclaimed. “And if you want you can take your complaint to the director!”

Oh dear,
    thought Delfi. She widened her eyes as much as possible. "Good heavens," she said. "I only wanted directions to the curator of the Egyptian department; I should hate to bother Sir Frederic with something as trivial as that! He is a very busy man, after all. I didn't want to bother you, either, but you're the only one here." Delfi had never actually met the director of the Museum, but Granny had. Granny knew everyone, it seemed. "Never mind, I won't trouble you any further. Just through here, was it?" She began to walk towards a door at the back of the large lading area, wondering where the others were.

TAG: @Ktala, @TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral likes this.
  16. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Lady Orlanda
    The British Museum

Orlanda only smiled wickedly. No one had seen her as she shrank and darted quickly into the museum. And by the time they would notice her disappearance, it would not matter.

As she flitted about, she listened at the young woman Lady Delfina was confronting the guard. THe man was bullish and rude.

“This is not the place for a young lady like yourself!” he exclaimed. “And if you want you can take your complaint to the director!” the man was getting worked up.

Orlanda's face darkened. 'PIG!!' she thought to herself.

Well, if the man was getting worked up, then perhaps he needed a bit of calming, Orlanda thought to herself. She then heard Lady Delfina speak to the man...

Lady Orlanda widened her eyes as much as possible. "Good heavens," she said. "I only wanted directions to the curator of the Egyptian department; I should hate to bother Sir Frederic with something as trivial as that! He is a very busy man, after all. I didn't want to bother you, either, but you're the only one here."

Orlanda started to fume. She continued to watch, but she now moved herself to a better advantage.

"Never mind, I won't trouble you any further. Just through here, was it?" Lady Delfina asked, as she started to move...

Well, IF you are going to act like one.... Orlanda gestured, and in a moment the man was turned into a rather large pig. With a smirk, she chuckled darkly, as she then aimed the tiny pistol she had carried, and shot the man, the dart, filled with a heavy tranquilizer in the dart.

Whether or not Lady Delfina noticed it, she would gesture again, and one, retrieve her dart, and also to close the door somewhat, but leaving it cracked open. If the other two decided to use it, was up to them. She did not care. She turned her head, to look over to where the pig was now snoring. 'I should leave you that way... but the professor would most likely not approve...'

The pig turned back into a man, as she took back to flight. As she was small now, she would dart about, looking to see if she felt anything magical within the area. "If someone magical did come in to steal the great Ank, it might have left some sort of trail. That is, IF they stole the real thing. She began to search.

TAG: @TheAdmiral, @Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata likes this.
  17. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    British Museum

Liesel realized too late that Orlanda had decided to take the matter in her hands and shrank to get inside the museum. She clenched her jaw, there was nothing to be done! That woman was so infuriating!

She was getting worried about Delfina and her altercation with the guard. The young woman was good, but needed some practice. It seems she did not have enough experience with people like that man.

Well, not everyone could be refined and reasonable.

Liesel gave a mental shrug.

Then the guard simply collapsed. Oh no, no, no! The Professor did not seem perturbed, at least not visibly so. If only she had the same nerves of steel!

The Agent moved towards Delfina and the body only to find, to her relief, that the guard was asleep. She sighed in relief.

“That was extremely reckless, you know!” she turned her head towards Orlanda. “You could have killed the man, a wrong dosage and he could have been dead!” Liesel growled.

“Help me, carry him away.” she added then turned her head towards Delfina “Be on the lookout for his colleagues, we don’t want to cause any more trouble than necessary. Then we can continue our investigation.”

18. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Lady Orlanda
    The British Museum

As Orlanda decided to search the area for anything magical, the great beast, also known as the Huntress came storming in.

“That was extremely reckless, you know!” she turned her head towards Orlanda. “You could have killed the man, a wrong dosage and he could have been dead!” Liesel growled.

The nerve of the woman! She got them in, and all the hunter could do was complain.

“Help me, carry him away.” she added then turned her head towards Delfina “Be on the lookout for his colleagues, we don’t want to cause any more trouble than necessary. Then we can continue our investigation.”

Orlanda eyes narrowed on the woman. "Watch your tongue, Hunter. I am NOT your servant," she stated slowly, even as she gestured, moving the man's body by means of magic, to hide it between some boxes. "I know my job. Now, why don't you be a good little hunter, and do yours. At least Lady Delfina knows what to do, that doesn't involve just clubbing things."

Still, in her fairy form, Orlanda began to dart quickly away from the annoying woman. She was looking for anything that gave off a magical aura. And if any other humans came looking, she would give them ample warning.

This was getting to be rather fun!! And the Lady Delfina..well, that even made things more interesting.

TAG: @Mistress_Renata, @TheAdmiral

19. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Lady Delfina
    Somewhere in the depths of the British Museum

Delfi walked towards the door showing more confidence than she felt. She was waiting for the man to come after her. Or the others to come after her. But when she reached the doorway, she heard nothing. And then she heard Liesl, talking to Orlanda. She paused to glance behind her. Liesl was arguing with a small point of bright darkness that was flittering in the air. Was that Lady Orlanda? Oh, my, the Fey were as powerful as Granny C had always told her! The guard was floating to a spot behind some boxes, snoring lightly.

Delfi pushed the door open and peered around it. A broad, dim corridor lay ahead, with boxes and crates piled up on either side of it. Another corridor ran to the left and right, with the loading dock at the crossroads. Furniture stacked up, boxes, crates, barrels... no artifacts here, just various supplies. A large black cat on top of a barrel looked up at her in shock and disapproval before returning to its bath.

She looked back. "Come on!" she said in a loud whisper. "I've no idea where to go from here."

Ktala and TheAdmiral like this.
  20. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Lady Orlanda
    The British Museum

"Come on!" Lady Delfina called out in a loud whisper to her. "I've no idea where to go from here."

Thank the beings. Because this woman was about to forget her promise to the professor. She zipped away from the annoying woman and headed towards the Lady Delfina. She came close to the woman, as she spoke softly.

"Quietly My Lady, we dont know how many other guards might be here." She stated softly. She paused a moment. "I can fly up, and see what I can find." She changed her shape to her regular fairy size, and pulled out a small piece of glass. "Here. Look into this, and you will be able to see what I see." IF the lady reached for it, she would gently drop that glass into her hand, and then shrink back to her smallest size, and zoom back up towards the rafters.

'Why am I helping them again?' she thought to herself. 'Oh yeah, magic and possibility of some fun...' She smirked as she took off, looking for what pathways, doors, and rooms were available for Lady Delfiny to discover.

21. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    OOC: I apologize for the delay, this past month and a half have been... interesting.

British Museum

“If you are working with us, you are going to listen to my commands!” Liesel hissed at Orlanda and glared. “Hey, where do you think you are going!?” she asked incredulously at the fairy who was flying away.

Pursing her lips she walked towards Delfi. “For once you have a good idea, Orlanda.” she gave the fairy a pleasant smile. “You do realize that she is still in training?” she tilted her head and reached to get the item that Orlanda has handed to Delfina.

Then considered the animosity between her and the fairy. It made sense to let her work with the young woman as Liesel could simply guide her through Delfina. It would be a learning opportunity.

“Before we start, no stealing or moving items. No one should suspect that we have been here, so no tampering with anything.” she eyed both women.

22. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Somewhere inside the British Museum

Delfi looked at the shard of glass that Lady Orlanda had handed her with fascination. It was roughly oval shaped, in a delicate setting of silver filigree. The reverse was iridescent, like a beetle’s wing, shading from black to bronze to blue to green to gold, then rose and silver and back. It was quite beautiful and it fit in the palm of her hand, like a small compact. Anyone who caught her looking at it would assume she was checking her makeup.

Liesl stopped yelling at the Fae lady. “For once, you have a good idea, Orlanda. You do realize that she is still in training?” Delfi arched an eyebrow. She didn’t think much of this ‘training’. Being dropped in to a situation with no briefing or explanation of what to do or how to do it, no practice in a completely safe environment, didn’t strike her as particularly smart. No wonder the Professor was losing his agents! You didn’t take a group of raw recruits, put them in a uniform, hand them a gun and tell them to go over the top into No Man’s Land, expecting them to win the day when they had no idea what they were doing or how to fire the gun.

She bit her tongue to hold back a retort, but Liesl’s next words drew her up short, and she couldn't help the outburst that followed.

“Before we start, no stealing or moving items. No one should suspect that we have been here, so no tampering with anything.”

“Stealing? Stealing?! I beg your pardon, who do you think I am?” Delfi favored the other woman with a very Cold Stare ( not as potent as the one that Granny the Dowager Duchess wielded, but she had used it to great effect against the bounders of her acquaintance who had tried to Take Liberties). “My family have been faithful servants of the Crown since the Wars of the Roses, and many of them have contributed items to the Museum! We have our own collections of valuable artworks and artifacts; we’d hardly need to steal them. And I’m not especially concerned about being caught here. The Museum is open to the public today, and if we are found, we should be able to convince the staff that we are merely lost…although it would help if you weren’t wearing your corset outside of your shirt. You do realize it’s meant as an undergarment, don’t you? I would think that being inconspicuous and blending in are rather crucial parts of being an agent. But what would I know, I’m still training.” She tossed her aristocratic head. “If you know where the Ankh was kept, you might take the lead. We are wasting time, and as I have had an extremely long day and an arduous train journey, I am anxious to get back in time for tea and a rest. The Professor left me a very large stack of reading to do.”

Delfi stepped to one side to let the woman take the lead and put her money where her mouth was. Honestly! No manners whatsoever! And very little sense, if she kept provoking the Fae folk. “Stealing, indeed!” she muttered.

TAG: @TheAdmiral @Ktala

Ktala and TheAdmiral like this.
  23. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Lady Orlanda
    The British Museum

Luckily, Orlanda was already on the move, when the hunter hissed at her. Not that she cared. Orlanda had moved back up to the rafters when she heard the huntress speak at her once more, but this time it is was different.

“For once you have a good idea, Orlanda.” she stated, giving Orlanda a smile. She was SMILING?! “You do realize that she is still in training?” she stated as she tried to reach for the scry she had given Delfina.

As Orlanda raised an eyebrown, the huntress spoke up once more. “Before we start, no stealing or moving items. No one should suspect that we have been here, so no tampering with anything.” Before Orlanda could even come back with a retort, she heard Lady Delfina speak, and Orlanda was practically beaming.

Stealing? Stealing?! I beg your pardon, who do you think I am?” Delfina repied, aibet, a tad too loudly. The look on the woman's face was priceless.

“My family have been faithful servants of the Crown since the Wars of the Roses, and many of them have contributed items to the Museum! We have our own collections of valuable artworks and artifacts; we’d hardly need to steal them. And I’m not especially concerned about being caught here. The Museum is open to the public today, and if we are found, we should be able to convince the staff that we are merely lost…although it would help if you weren’t wearing your corset outside of your shirt. You do realize it’s meant as an undergarment, don’t you? I would think that being inconspicuous and blending in are rather crucial parts of being an agent. But what would I know, I’m still training.” She tossed her head. “If you know where the Ankh was kept, you might take the lead. We are wasting time, and as I have had an extremely long day and an arduous train journey, I am anxious to get back in time for tea and a rest. The Professor left me a very large stack of reading to do.”

Delfina stepped aside, to let the hunter lead the way. “Stealing, indeed!” Delfina muttered again, this time a bit softer.

Orlanda could barely hold back the gails of laughter. 'Oh ho, the woman does have some spunk after all! Good!' Orlanda thought to herself. But she turned her attention away from them, and began to intensly look around them. With Delfina raising her voice, it might have been heard. An,d unfortunately, the lady let slip some things that would be hard to cover. So, Orlanda began to scan the area, look for a magical signature, and for any other beings, human or otherwise, that might be heading in the ladies' general direction.

She flittered in the rafters, staying silent, as she searched out with her senses, hoping to get a glimpse of something.

24. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    British Museum

Liesel tilted her head and looked at Delfina, then she realized that she had not made clear to whom she was referring to. “I meant, Orlanda.” she added “I apologize for the misunderstanding.” Liesel nodded her head and gave Delfi an apologetic smile.

The young lady was getting very worked up and the Agent tried to keep her mouth shut. The Old Man had entrusted her to her and she was not going to fail him.

She raised her index finger to Orlanda “Don’t say anything more.” she hissed.

“Right, let’s get on with the mission then.” Liesel straightened her top a bit, she was feeling a bit self-conscious from Delfi’s comment about how it was meant to be worn. Certainly no one had any objection before about how she dressed!

“It is best to find the manifest.” she mused “There should be listed where the ankh was being kept and in what type of box.”

“Let’s find the person in charge’s office and look there.”

TAG: @Mistress_Renata @Ktala

Mistress_Renata and Ktala like this.
  25. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Lady Orlanda
    The British Museum

Orlanda, already high in the rafters, did not pay any attention to the huntress. Luckily, the woman could not see that she was still grinning from ear to ear. Of course, the affront to her, as she suggested that she would 'steal' would be taken care of later. Right now, she was simply having too good a time. Still, there was something on her mind. She had not felt anything magical yet. Or anything that would have even suggested that something magical would have been in the area. Had it been separated from the other things? That would most likely mean a safe.

Her thoughts were interrupted when the annoying woman spoke again after she had apologized to Lady Delfina.

“It is best to find the manifest.” she mused “There should be listed where the ankh was being kept and in what type of box.”

“Let’s find the person in charge’s office and look there," she added.

Orlanda snorted softly. This place was huge! It would be hard to explain 2 ladies milling around the place. If there was a magical aura, she could at least narrow it down. But she was not about to 'search' a building like some common human. No, she had an idea. Orlanda flew up to the highest parts of the ceiling, where it would be difficult for the humans to see. Not like they looked up anyway. With a soft whisper, she summoned a few moths. After all, it would be difficult to explain a large cluster of months. As they appeared she softly whispered to them.

They would flutter off silently looking for anything unusual, and to map out where most of the humans were. the layout of this place, she would expect that the people who ran the place would be up on the next floor. And since she could see through them if any one of them found anything of interest, she could, if she felt the reason to, let the others know. Well, to let the blundress know. She would let Lady Delfina know. Perhaps.

Interestingly, her thoughts shifted slightly towards the Professor. She hoped he found a good place to hide. If though he was in a city, the Dark Man had a long reach. It made her curious. What knowledge did the Professor have, that the Dark Man would consider him such a threat? Or was it perhaps the people that the Professor worked with? An interesting riddle indeed. It was something for Orlanda to muse upon, as she 'searched' the building in her own way.

Should be interesting to see what was upstairs. She flew ahead, looking out for anyone who might be considered a threat.