main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The End of All Light (Post-NJO AU: Anakin Solo, Jacen, Jaina, L/M, H/L, many more) Updated 11/29/14!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    [​IMG]

YodaKenobi and Xammer like this.
  2. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    At this point I just might finish this fanfic myself.

3. Darksabre4237

Darksabre4237 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2018
    Tbh...I just want to know who Malig is. That is literally all I ask at this point. That we get the 5 pages of bullet points that plot out the rest of the book.

4. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    Heck, give it a go!

And maybe 'Why' Malig is!

5. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    That was established in this story already. Malfig was Namtar, a creation of Darth Plagueis. As for why he looks familiar to Jacen, Callista and Luke, that, too is explained, or at least implied.

Malig looks similar or identical to Anakin Skywalker and, by extension, Luke Skywalker as well. Which makes sense, given that Anakin was also created by midi-chlorian manipulation -albeit by the Force and not the Sith.

As for how this story ends? Malig obviously fails to corrupt the Force itself using the Reckoner and Zonama Sekot. Malig is defeated and slain. The only questions are:
    • Does Jacen/Havok survive?
    • Does Luke die to defeat Malig?
    • Does Jagged Fel survive
    I don’t see any other characters dying. But this story will never be fully finished. So it’s a moot point.

YodaKenobi likes this.
  6. FORCEBlLADE

FORCEBlLADE Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 2, 2003
    It's been a year since Yodakenobi last posted. Hope he's doing well, wherever he is.

YodaKenobi likes this.
  7. windu4

May 15, 2008
    YodaKenobi liking every post complaining about his absence is some next level trolling. Does anyone have the Dropbox link to his old fanfics? I'm thinking of starting reading from the beginning.

YodaKenobi likes this.
  8. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Given that he liked my comment about this story never being finished, I think it’s safe to say that it won’t be.

I would like to add that fanfic authors have zero obligation to complete their works. They write for free and for themselves. It’s nice that we can enjoy the fruits of their labours, but we don’t have any right to expect content from them. I myself have several stories that I never completed writing, despite having an outline, inspiration and loyal readers.

We have to enjoy what was written and be content with that. What @YodaKenobi has created is fantastic. His writing skills are superb, his story arcs are well written and his prose is a pleasure to read. I have learned a lot from reading his stories over the years that I’ve been able to apply to my own writings.

@YodaKenobi if you are reading this, then know that we all appreciate the great effort you put into writing your various works. I’ll always hold Legacy of the Sith and Blood Trail in my top tier of SW fanfiction. Wherever you are, I hope you’re doing well. There comes a time when even the greatest authors need to put their pens down and turn to other things. Your writing talents were truly great and I hope you’re enjoying whatever you’re doing these days. I’m certain you’re doing as great a job with it as you did with your writings.

I hope this thread stays unlocked for people to share their thoughts on the Legacy of the Sith series and YK’s other works.

YodaKenobi, JediMaster_Jen and Xammer like this.
  9. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    This is all completely true, and as a fanfic author I certainly hope for such a generous response should the occasion arise with any of my writing! But as someone who admittedly hasn't read this story (though I really should) and just remembers some people from way back in the olden times: Yobi, if you have time to troll, you have time to write :p

Seriously, it's nice to see your name pop up now and then even if it's not story posts, @YodaKenobi, though I wouldn't be surprised to see you eventually finish this just to spite us all :p

10. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Chosen One star 4

Aug 9, 2002
    So I've never even read any of these stories, but this is honestly half the reason I want to someday, lol.

I wouldn't presume to know YodaKenobi's intentions, especially when I haven't been following the series; but I have popped in here a few times (okay, fine, I've read a few scenes here and there, bad lurker), and the last update was what, less than two years ago? That's nothing. Maybe the story doesn't ever get finished, but it seems just as likely that it will. Maybe more likely that it will, given the epic trolling.

Oh, and @YodaKenobi? The parts of this story that I have read have been excellent. I really do intend to read it all one of these days.

(Lmao, damn, Gabri, look at us on the same wavelength tonight. ;))

Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
  11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    He didn’t update for 5 years at one point. I still believe that he is writing the rest of the story and will update it all at once at some point in the future

12. windu4

May 15, 2008
    @Vialco I am well aware of the fact I'm not owed an ending. I was making a joke. Chill.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
  13. Xammer

Xammer Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2009
    How would a world where authors actually owed fans look like? Ponder this.

windu4 and YodaKenobi like this.
  14. BlackLionBlade

BlackLionBlade Jedi Padawan

Mar 1, 2021
    Wow. I'm blown away. Super late to this party by... my lifetime... but happy I found this. Great job YK, hope you continue soon!

15. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    We miss you, @YodaKenobi. I hope we'll get to see the end of this story; with the garbage show that NuCanon became, your universe was a safe haven.

YodaKenobi likes this.
  16. BlackLionBlade

Mar 1, 2021
    "You're our only hope"
    for a good star wars, well-concluded Star Wars post ROTJ Timeline...

17. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Was just wondering, does anyone have any untruncated versions of this series saved away somewhere? Every few months someone brings the thread back up and it seems like it would be interesting reading but also like it's not exactly something that would be easy to jump into from the middle of the series rather than the beginning. Anyway, it's nice to see that there's such a community for this after so long!

YodaKenobi and Rew like this.
  18. Xammer

Xammer Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2009
    Yeah, I host them here.

19. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Xammer and JediMaster_Jen like this.
  20. BlackLionBlade

Mar 1, 2021
    I saw a like. YK is not dead. Hallelujah!

Xammer likes this.
  21. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    The true of us never doubted :p Yobi will finish this story.

Xammer likes this.
  22. windu4

May 15, 2008
    almost a year later and I just wanted to point out that this thread has sixty-nine pages. lmao

23. Stormtrooper10

Stormtrooper10 Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2023
    It's 2023. 13 years have passed since he started writing this book

Xammer likes this.
  24. FORCEBlLADE

FORCEBlLADE Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 2, 2003
    It's been three whole years since he posted any sort of update.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2023
    Xammer likes this.
  25. windu4

May 15, 2008
    I just purchased chatGPT and my first thought was "maybe I should finish this story".