main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The End of the World: The New Battlestar Galactica (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by JediTrilobite, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warrior_of_Mandalore

Warrior_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    I was thinking that, too. I hope he survives all of this. He could make a pretty addition to the show.

Warrior_of_Mandalore Strikes Again!

2. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Look at the person's sleeve who is pointing the gun at her, that's not a officer's uniform. It looks rather green don't you think? Who has been wearing a green top lately?

3. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Also Starbuck wants one thing from Cain, to return to Caprica and rescue Anders and his men. At the moment Admiral Cain is her best bet to achieve that goal. So she's torn between doing what her adopted father wants, which itself would make anyone second guess things and keeping Cain alive in order to go back to Caprica. And Apollo doesn't have the guts to kill Cain, he has the guts to point guns at his COs head but never to pull the trigger.

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I think Apollo has it in him to protect his father and best friend, not to mention democracy. Caine is a huge thread to democracy and the president. He'll do what it takes. He didn't pull the trigger on Tigh because it wouldn't have done any good.

5. Leias_Lipgloss

Leias_Lipgloss Jedi Master star 1

Jul 25, 2004
    I just don't see Kara killing Cain. I almost feel like Apollo would spare her the guilt of assassinating someone like that and do it himself. If Apollo did it I would be surprised but it would be nice for him to put his money where his mouth is, so to speak.

So, nobody speculates that Cain is a Cylon?

I don't think Gaius is a Cylon but I do think he is a prophet or something like that.

6. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I am glad somone has siad it, i have thought that she might be one too!!! Although why she would be so into killing them I don't know, maybe she s a rouge cylon that hates them.........

7. Leias_Lipgloss

Jul 25, 2004
    If Cain is a cylon she is an insidious one. She has command of the military and can lead them into battles they cannot win with the cylons, thus securing the destruction of the human race. She has already destroyed civilians and expressed little concern about preserving the human race. Like Roslyn said, they need to start having babies. Cain destroyed families in her civilian purge. The military destroys the cylons, but you need people to procreate and ensure the survival of the human race. Without this it doesn't matter if they defeat the cylons. Cain tore families apart, ensuring that these people do not have a legacy.

8. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Perhaps when we see Baltar holding a gun to Six's head, he instead gives her the gun to go and kill Cain with. Just guessing.

9. Leias_Lipgloss

Jul 25, 2004
    I re-watched the scenes from next week and it does seem like it is Six holding the gun.

10. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    That's what the rumor mill says....

11. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    So, if it is Six, then I wonder if Boomer and Six will be locked up when the whole situation is over. If I were Adama I think I would just to be cautious about it.

12. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Why would they need to lock them up together? Why couldn't Six stay in her cell on Pegasus and Boomer on her own cell on Galactica? Anyway, I don't think Adama would be foolish enough to lock them up together.

13. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    Actually I don't think Boomer will be locked up for much longer. Anyone notice the scene of Starbuck getting punched at what looks like officer's rec lounge? Its only about a second long but it sure as hell looked like that was Boomer who was punching Starbuck in her military fatigues. Its speculation (and I don't really want confirmation if it is true) but if I'm right that'd be teh win.

14. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

Only a fool would let Boomer out. There's no guarantee that she won't turn on the humans. Look at the original Boomer. She was with them for 2 years before her sleeper agent programming manifested itself. How does anyone know the new Boomer won't do the same?

15. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    But look at what the current Sharon said on Kobol, she knows who she is she doesn't have hidden agendas like the other one did. She might not turn on them.

16. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    Even forgetting what she said on Kobol think all the way back to season 1 when she was with Six and that other guy in the woods. Six told Sharon to convince Helo to stay on Caprica and if he insists on leaving then kill him. What did she do? She ran back to Helo saying everything has changed and they need to start busting their ass to get off that rock. It is quite possible that this Boomer is different.

17. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

Yes, it's possible that this new Sharon is different, but if you were Adama, would you take that chance? The last Boomer destroyed an entire Cylon base star before she shot him. How does he know that this Sharon doesn't have some dormant sleeper program that will be activated one day?

18. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    Exactly- and that's why Sharon won't ever get out of the cell unless one thing happens- the Cylons actively try to kill her, as in an assasination. Because then Adama will know that even if Sharon agrees with Cylon philosophies, she has to stay with the Humans if she wishes to survive.

19. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I think having this Sharon with sleeper aspects would screw up what she's said and what the scriptures said about her. She's the lessor demon who is to help the humans. I agree she won't be getting out anytime soon, but I don't think she's got a huge hidden agenda beyond surviving.

20. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    You're right, I wouldn't let her out of her cell either. But Adama is beginning to warm up to her, that whole I personally apologize bit was a huge step in that direction.

However I look at it I can see her getting out, especially if I saw that clip right.

21. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

I think the writers will probably let Boomer out of the cell, if only because possibilities for her character are so limited where she is, but I still think that as a tactician it would be a crazy move.

22. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    It would be bad for fleet morale to have one or even two known cylons running around the fleet. Either Adama has to lock them up, or the writers will ignore that little topic and let them out.

23. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I think Six/the voice in Baltar's head prophecized that the baby would be born in the cell, so I'm doubting that Sharon'll be released any time soon, if at all.

Who kills/points a gun at Cain? Anyone think that perhaps it's a different cylon? If they destroy The Resurrection then any sleeper agents in the fleet, if they were to die, won't be able to download their subconscious to the ship since they're so far away now from the base of operations.

Truly the theory that if they take out Resurrection then they would be sentencing the rest of the existing cylons in the fleet with certain death. It very well could be that a new, and so far undiscovered cylon agent reveals herself in this week's episode to take out Cain, thus bringing a new character into the mix.

It would be cool if Cain gets taken out. The fleet will then have a second Battlestar to protect the fleet. I wonder who Adama (who will then officially be the top military dog) will name as the commander of the Pegasus? Their CO would probably be fine, he seems to have a good head on his shoulders, he's just terrified of Cain. Course he does have Tighe's problem....

24. ComicDiva

ComicDiva Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2004
    Anybody else wondering if Laura is going cruckin fazy?
    :) I mean, the doctor tells her the cancer might be affecting ehr brain and bam, she starts talking about survival of the fittest, kill or be killed type stuff while last season season she was the hippiest president ever. :)

However, i have had my doubts about ehr since the whole "prophecy" issue.

25. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

I don't see why Roslin's actions are so surprising. Since when has she ever been a reticent wallflower? She's always shown herself willing to make tough decisions and to see through the crap.

- In the miniseries, when Colonial One was gathering ships to form a convoy, and they got attacked by Cylons, she made the decision to order the FTL capable ships to jump and leave the other ships behind knowing that those people would die.

- In You Can't Go Home Again (Season 1) when Kara was stranded on the moon and the fleet was stretched out thin exposing themselves to Cylon attack she told Adama and Lee to clear their heads out and protect the fleet at the cost of sacrificing Starbuck

- In Flesh and Bone (Season 1) she offered Leoben amnesty if he would answer her question about the bomb and then immediately ordered they throw him out of the airlock.

- In Colonial Day (Season 1) she got rid of her original VP choice when it was clear that she could do better with Dr. Baltar--all to make sure that Tom Zarek would not become VP under her.

- In Kobol's Last Gleaming Part II(Season 1) she staged a revolt against Adama because she felt her plan was better than his

- In Home Pt I (Season 2) she ordered Sharon thrown out of the airlock as soon as she saw her.

Looking at this pattern of her behavior, is there any reason to believe she wouldn't do whatever was necessary to protect the fleet however, drastic or harsh? I don't think she's gone out of line or out of character at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.