main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The End of the World: The New Battlestar Galactica (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by JediTrilobite, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warrior_of_Mandalore

Warrior_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    If they do find Earth, when, reletive to us, do you think they'll find it? Will it be modern/future Earth, upon which they meet other humans and live happily ever after? Or will it be the Earth of thousands of years ago, upon which they start civilization?

Or maybe it will be the Cylons that find Earth. I think it would be a brilliant plot twist if, instead of BSG humans founding civilization on Earth, today's humans are actually descendents of the human-form Cylons.

Warrior_of_Mandalore Strikes Again!

2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Whatever Earth they find it had better not have any resemblence to Galactica 1980.

So now we have humans who sympathize with Cylons. Ouch. That's gonna be a thorn that'll leave a mark. I didn't relize that Baltar was next in line to be President when/if Roslyn dies.

Anyone catch that Galactica commercial in the midst of the others commercials? A newborn with a glowing spinal cord...

3. Andalite-Bandit

Andalite-Bandit Jedi Padawan star 6

Apr 25, 2005
    I thought tonights episode was pretty good. I am wondering though what the implications on the prophecy will be now that Laura is no longer dying.

What exactly was it that Baltar gave the peace folk? Was that the nuclear reactor? Won't somebody on Galactica notice that it's missing?

4. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    No one will notice that nuke is missing because it was assigned to Baltar in secret. However if a nuke does go off it probably won't take long to figure out where it came from considering the Gal only has 4 remaining nukes.

As for the prophecy I never believe Roslin was the dying leader, at least not since 1.13 when Adama got shot. Honostly I believe Adama will fullfill the role of the dying leader I mean he did take a couple shots to the chest so who knows what kind of longterm damage that did.

5. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Nuclear reactor or nuclear weapon?

I thought that maybe the cylons would have something to do with curing Roslyn's cancer. The fetus blood was a nice touch. I'm wondering now what Roslyin is going to do now that she seems to remember Baltar's time with Six on Caprica.

Looks like we have an Apollo episode next, we'll see how this goes with his new attitude about not wanting to make it back from the Cylon space battle.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but Boomer seemed to have a look on her face that she knew what would happen to Roslyn when they were injecting her with the fetus blood.

6. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    Gaius asked for a nuclear warhead.

And as for Boomer...I thought the look on her face was just that she was drugged. :p

7. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    What, no Firefly this time? :p

I'd interpret Shannon's look as shock.

8. Andalite-Bandit

Apr 25, 2005
    I think perhaps the nuclear warhead could be used to take out the Pegasus. The Cylons or the 'peace' movement might see that ship as a greater threat, since it is newer and likely more powerful than the Galactica.

9. Honor_And_Liberty

Honor_And_Liberty Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2005
    I give tonight's episode an A.

I find myself liking Baltar-centric episodes more and more.

10. Andalite-Bandit

Apr 25, 2005
    Baltar is a very interesting character. Giving these people a nuclear reactor/warhead gadget is a pretty big step for him, in the direction he is heading. I think there will come a time when Baltar goes completely over to the Cylons, at least for a time, but I don't know if such a thing is going to happen this season or not. Surely such a major event would be the type of material for a season or mid-season finale though.

If Baltar does completely betray the fleet, however, I think something will happen to make him regret it and perhaps eventually even turn back on the Cylons. Finally accepting responsibility for his actions would be a very interesting development in his character.

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >> Whatever Earth they find it had better not have any resemblence to Galactica 1980.<<

What, you mean like human-form Cylons? ;)

>>Anyone catch that Galactica commercial in the midst of the others commercials? A newborn with a glowing spinal cord...<<

Yeah, what was up with that?

12. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I missed a good part of the cylon-fetus commercial thing. Stupid kittens got in a huge fight.

I must say Tril, you had great spoilers for the show, so far everythings turned out as you said.

This episode was good but a little dull. Not fond of Gais at all, he's an arrogant ass caring only for himself. Though when Gina rejected him I wanted to cheer :D

13. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    Okay, so which Six was it exactally that was playing at being an english teacher last night? Her lines indicated she knew Baltar already, and that he killed her or something. It sounds like Pegasus Six, but that makes little sense considering the Resurection Ship went boom. So Caprica Six?

They never settled on Terra... There was just a two parter or so focusing around it and its own colony worlds. The show ended with them still searching.

-P!-

14. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    It's Gina, from the Pegasus. She escaped from the ship after putting a bullet in Cain's head.

15. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    The "corporeal" Six (Gina) is obviously traumatized by her experience. I'm certain that she will use the nuke to exact revenge on the crew of the Pegasus. Bye bye. :)

Baltar's an easily-manipulated idiot: he didn't even bother to read Roslin's letter himself.

16. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Gais is fun to watch and dislike. I'm still not sure I understand all his motives for what he does though.

17. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    Okay, I've heard some interesting things about the Caprica parts. Specifically that you see some people who don't belong there carrying silver briefcases like Six did in the mini.

18. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I finally got to see the last 2 episodes.

Loved Six taking out Caine :p

I guess we're ready to head down the original story-line of Baltar siding completely w/ the cylons, only to later find that they want to doublecross him, he'll have to come back disgraced and imprisoned to the crew.

I seriously wish that someone would neuter that man so he'd start thinking w/ his REAL brain with the decisions that he makes :mad:

19. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Question - did Cain turn out to be a Cylon?

20. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Nope, she was human and possibly redeemable.

21. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    That would be something to look into more.

Might be able to figure out our other Cylon models right there. Or it could just be a red herring.

22. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    I was surprised. I was fully expecting Count Iblis to show up and cure Roslin's cancer...

Roslin & the President? :eek:[face_shame_on_you]

23. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    Why do you want Baltar to think rationally? I LOVE the insanity, and the utter selfishness and self-absorption he displays. He's almost 100% id, with absolutely no superego. (unless you count Six in his head as one) The scenes where he's debating what to do with Six (especially when others are watching) always have me rolling!

Just a curiosity: does anyone else read or post over at the Ragnar Anchorage?

24. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I don't, only have time for one message board :p

Baltar is pure id, I didn't realize it. Apollo is overly dominated by his superego.
    Man now I'm gonna analyze the whole show in freudian terms.

25. Warrior_of_Mandalore

Warrior_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    Just out of curiosity, how many people do you guys know that watch this show?

When it first premiered, I knew of only one person in my school who watched it. I have recently gotten three other people to start watching. That's still a rather small number though.

Warrior_of_Mandalore Strikes Again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.