main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The entire saga is the result of Naboo..

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Brer79, Jan 29, 2022.

1. Brer79

Brer79 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2017
    Sitting here, and drinking coffee.
    I was thinking about where exactly did the galaxies problems officially start.
    In the end.
    It all stemmed from a failure to listen to the people of Naboo.
    An outdated, corrupt, complacent Republic, and quite honestly, the Jedi Order was in the same boat.
    Often people will say Episode I wasn't needed.
    Or ask,
    "What did the ST add?".
    If you watch it right from Episode I, it all tells the same story.
    "Failure to listen and understand".
    The Clone Wars were a result of scared systems feeling the Republic wouldn't assist them if they were under the same attack.
    The ST, while still needing some layers of story to mesh better.
    Tells the same thing.
    A failure to learn from the past and understand.
    The First Order grew right under the New Republics nose.
    It's not until the Galaxy finally comes together in Episode IX, that decades of darkness is finally resolved.
    At least I hope....
    So maybe us Episode I supporters...
    And the ST supporters....
    Aren't crazy after all...

Count Yubnub and Darth Dnej like this.
  2. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    Yes, Naboo is the key. Remember that the most powerful Sith in galactic history was born and raised there.
    Also, the Duel of the Fates is a key moment in the entire saga. Dave Filoni discussed it with his fellow Mandalorian directors in a more eloquent way than I could hope to. The duel is about the future of Anakin Skywalker. Had Qui-Gon survived, he would've trained Anakin.

3. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Eh the saga existed for 20 years without Naboo, so not really. But it is important. And for the record, I like the PT.

Darth Caliban and wobbits like this.
  4. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Well, I'd say the Clone Wars were a result of a Sith Lord manipulating lots of people, building up armies to start a war in which both sides worked for him. It never would have come to that point if Palpatine hadn't orchestrated it. Since he is from Naboo, you could make the case that it all goes back to that place.

I don't think there was much of a failue to listen that caused the Clone Wars. Yes, people were pushed into a frenzy, but that came because of Palpatine's acts. He pushed everyone to that point. The Republic was corrupt, but there was nothing that would have caused any outbreak of war, if he hadn't created crisis after crisis to bring it there.

lord_sidious_ and Subtext Mining like this.
  5. IJjones41

IJjones41 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 13, 2021
    But the 1977-1983 trilogy started in the middle of the story. As much as I love the OT, I thought the PT had enriched the saga and made me appreciate Lucas as a storyteller even more.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2022
  6. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
  7. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    Yeah, and Palps could have been born anywhere and there were probably a lot of planets that had similar problems with the Trade Federation.

8. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Not sure I get the OP's point. The original 1-6 saga and the ST's stories are repetitive, and... that's a good thing? I disagree if that's the case.

But on the other hand, most of the important players in the galaxy/ Republic/ Skywalker family saga, were from Naboo. Palpatine, Padmé. Even Jar Jar.

9. Biel Ductavis

Aug 17, 2015
    That doesn't count for Obi Wan, Anakin, Threepio, Han and Chewie, who are way more important than Padme and Jar Jar for the saga.

10. IJjones41

IJjones41 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 13, 2021
    Not for the beginning of the story.

Sith Lord 2015 likes this.
  11. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    Uh, yeah. I said ''most of'', not ''all of''.

12. Biel Ductavis

Aug 17, 2015
    Yes, that's true. But on the other side, Palps being born on Coruscant for example, could simply have created the same situation on another planet and through the will of the force, Qui Gon stranded with Obi Wan still on Tatooine. And then later Annie falling in love with another girl and marrying her may have got him going dark in the same or a very similar way.

13. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    Well, I'm not talking about what-ifs. I'm saying a number of important characters in the saga happen to come from Naboo. Because... they do.

In Anakin's case, it's ironic that two of his closest relationships, the person he loved most and the person he probably ended up hating the most, were with Naboo politicians (whose names began with P if you want to get nerdily specific.)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2022
    Sith Lord 2015 likes this.