main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN The Episode III SPOILER thread (Enter at your own risk!)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by kenobi420, Apr 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenobi420

kenobi420 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2002
    In the wake of recent turmoil created by announcements related to the final chapter, I have started this thread where we can openly talk about gossip and news related to Ep. 3.

Go ahead and report, debate, or speculate about anything you know or think you know about the next movie. I had started a thread the other day regarding the annoucement at The Official Site that Chewbacca will definitely appear in Ep. 3. (Isn't that totally rad?!!!!!) Despite the fact that the TF.N "spoiler policy" clearly defines items published at TOS as "non-spoiler", some folks took offense at the thread and deleted it... :(

Well, here we can blab away to our hearts' content... :) :) :)

Locked by CR request. See last post.

2. JEDI_MASTER_FLASH

JEDI_MASTER_FLASH Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2003
    Yeeaaaahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    spoil on my good fellow!

3. kenobi420

Apr 12, 2002
    Here's something I just remembered reading a while back in Insider (once again, this technically is not a spoiler, because it's from an official Lucasfilm publication..... but some people would probably not want to hear about it anyway...).

Rick McCallum went on the record stating that we will see two infants that are Luke and Leia at the end of the film. That'll be cool... :cool:

4. JEDI_MASTER_FLASH

Jan 9, 2003
    That would kind of wierd ya think?? Why dont they show the twins in the middle of the film and how they were sent to the other sides of universe?? That would be WAY more interesting, but i will have to put my faith in Lucas. I just hope he doesnt EP1 #3. I did not like EP1. it was not fun. Jar Jar was dumb. If my name was sam, i will eat green eggs and ham. (sorry).

I would like to see Amidala prego and have the kids as Anikin goes down hill. I dont want there to be this 20 year question between 3 & 4. That would be dumb. Reply???

5. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    Well, I also recall someone at Lucas (Or was it FOx Studios - Australia) that was looking for 2-4 year olds for Luke & Leia?
    The scuttlbut in Darwin is that there will be some filming in "the top end" for EPIII this summer. (My daughter is in school there)
    Keep Ya' posted
    Bye
    Reb

6. kenobi420

Apr 12, 2002
    It'll be easier to keep the knowledge of Leia's existence from Anakin if the births happen at the end of the movie (remember? Vader didn't know about her...)

Reb~~ what do "scutlbutt in Darwin" and "in the top end" mean? :) :) I'm not followin'...

7. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    I read somewhere that Luke and Leia were on the official Character List.. Whatever that means.

I would think any Fan worth a dime would know that they would show up in this next one some way or another. I find that fact so obvious, that I find arguments otherwise to be to silly to listen too. :)

Luke and Leia Have to be in this movie. You just Can not make it without them.

Besides there is that Scene that was supposedly already filmed for Ep3 that confirms that at least Luke will be in the movie.

First big spoiler of the thread..... By me.. :eek:

it has been said that Lucas seeing that they already had the Lars homestead set up for Filming Ep2 decided to film Luke's Arrival to the homestead so they didn't have to come back out there for one brief scene.

I guess it involved an Obiwan Stand in bringing a baby to the door. (pure rumor) but it makes sense. May not be true but it sounds up and up. They did say something about filming a Scene for Ep3 on the Ep2 DVD.

8. kenobi420

Apr 12, 2002
    "...any Fan worth a dime..."

So you wouldn't expect that any of the fans around here would freak out if the Luke and Leia appearance was mentioned out in the open? I consider this info. to be of the same caliber as the Chewie info.... (which caused such an uproar; and even excessive profanity!! ;) )

Really, why would it be so dang impossible to not include them in the movie?? All the timelines and year breakdowns are approximate at best, so that's not the issue. Why couldn't there be (and this is complete conjecture and speculation, in no way based on reality) a brief part of a scene near the end that shows Padme looking at herself in the mirror from a side view, gently caressing her belly in a way that clearly establishes her pregnancy to the viewer... A plausible way to not have the twins in the flick? Yes. I think you're being a bit extreme, Doug...

Either way, what you said about the additional scene from Tunisia sounds pretty cool; and plausible...

9. Toydarian_Valet

Toydarian_Valet Jedi Master star 1

Oct 11, 2000
    As to the scene shot for Ep3 during Ep3, you can watch the end of this 'making of' video, or just read this:
    George why are you shooting a shot for Episode 3?

I can't tell you that....you have to wait six years for that answer.

How much stuff are you doing for Episode 3 right now?

Just this one shot. So it means I won't have to come back here, since it's a long way to come. To bring a crew of 60 people
    just to shoot one shot, and then rebuild the set and all the other stuff we have to do in three years.

So what happens if you decide you want another shot?

I don't get it.

Given that the entire Lars Garage scene was filmed on bluescreen (select pic), all GL needed to do was get some specific exterior shots and then he could bluescreen whatever he needs, as he did with the revised C-3PO storyline. While it's easy to jump the gun and say it's Obi-Wan delivering Luke, it's quite possible that they'll be many scenes at Tatoonie, or at least 2 if some of the latest rumors are true. ;)

10. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    So you wouldn't expect that any of the fans around here would freak out if the Luke and Leia appearance was mentioned out in the open? I consider this info. to be of the same caliber as the Chewie info.... (which caused such an uproar; and even excessive profanity!!

I agree. I do not find that info to be spoilerish in anyway. However that is just my personal Opinion. What I think and what our "official" Group policy is are not the same. Because some others find that kind of information too spoilerish I must stand up for them even though I do not understand why they are bothered by it.

Really, why would it be so dang impossible to not include them in the movie?? All the timelines and year breakdowns are approximate at best, so that's not the issue. Why couldn't there be (and this is complete conjecture and speculation, in no way based on reality) a brief part of a scene near the end that shows Padme looking at herself in the mirror from a side view, gently caressing her belly in a way that clearly establishes her pregnancy to the viewer... A plausible way to not have the twins in the flick?

Well I guess anything is possible but what is likely or Probable? Besides the story of how Luke and Leia End up with who raises them is something that just can not be left out. Doing so would be a mistake far larger than Greedo shooting first or Jar Jar stepping in Poop. Can it be done? Sure like you said anything is possible. Should it be done. Not in any shape or form. I understand they will have a very small part but it?s a subject Ep3 needs to cover in some way. Lucas will not leave them out of the story.

I think you're being a bit extreme, Doug...

:cool: Eccellent! Just Call me Mr. Extreme!. :D

11. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
  12. REBADAMS7

Feb 5, 2001
    Kenobi and others I have confused - My daughter is in Darwin, Australia now and a lot of the guys in her classes are big SW fans - there is a rumor that someones parents have been contacted for filming on their property outside of town - tropics -very lush (Dagobah?)
    Reb

13. kenobi420

Apr 12, 2002
    Doug~~ That's a very good point you have about the importance of the twins' separation and subsequent transport across the galaxy... I guess I can see George going either way with it...

Reb~~ That's pretty awesome! I'd thought you meant the Darwin with the Twine Ball, here in Minnesota... :) :) How old is your daughter? (just curious...)

ps~~ I changed my opening post to be way less abrasive to everyone... (I'm in a better mood now...) :) :)

14. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    Because I am honoring Keano Reeves This month I have only on thing to say about that Mr Kenobie

Be excellent to each other.. And Party On DUDE! :cool:

PS Thanks for your Edit. :) And yes. I am a Dangerous Doug. [face_mischief]

15. JEDI_MASTER_FLASH

Jan 9, 2003
    Heres a weird tidbit question. If luke was dropped off to Owen and was a baby, and in ANH is like 19 - 22, why is "Old Ben" 50 years older?? The clones wars must have had ALOT of stress in it. Or a planet with 2 suns will do that to an "Crazy old wizard". Any comments??

16. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    I think the offical line is something like EP4 Obiwan just looks old for his age. [face_plain]

My honest thoughts are Lucas Changed his mind about the timing of Ep1 and 2.

17. Toydarian_Valet

Toydarian_Valet Jedi Master star 1

Oct 11, 2000
    Fighting in the Clone Wars, the utter guilt/failure you feel when your best friend/padawan/son you never had kills off the entire Jedi order because you didn't train him well enough, and finally being rejected by Luke's uncle and forced to spend 20 years in the harsh desert would have a way of aging you a bit methinks. [face_mischief] ;)

18. Doright

Jun 10, 1999

Dude needed some moisture Cream I think. :)

19. REBADAMS7

Feb 5, 2001
    Yep, if you have seen folks who live in dry, hot sunny climates.....Yep! lot's of sunscreen please!
    and Kenobi, my daughter is 12, visiting relatives. My son did the same trip at 12, and now he is in Japan for the year, at 15.
    Reb

20. kenobi420

Apr 12, 2002
    You have lucky kids!! :)

21. REBADAMS7

Feb 5, 2001
    Eh now poor parents - still have Diego until July - Ok this is spoiled (posted) on TFN - Hayden is predicted to wear the original EP4-5-6 Vader suit - maybe pre helmet garb? - coolness if it is the same suit (I suppose they did make a few of them, but not very many)
    Reb

22. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    So when exactly does filming begin. I imagine that the spoilers will really start flying then.

23. Dragonjedi78

Dragonjedi78 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    How long after AOTC is EP 3 to take place? I thought he mentioned somewhat like a year, but if there is talk on Luke and Leia being 4, how will that work?

24. JEDI_MASTER_FLASH

Jan 9, 2003
    I dont know about the moisterizer but surely a long long time ago they had blasters, intersteller vehicles, the force, wookies, SPF ratings.... I dont know when the filming starts, but i heard Lucas isnt directing this one. He is letting a buddy do it, i forget his name. 10 points to whoever does. My brain locked up (again, i know). :)

25. kenobi420

Apr 12, 2002
    Doug~ According to the last "Prequel Update" in SW Insider, filming is "months away"... "...conceptualization and pre-production will continue through spring and into the summer months..."

Jamie~ Rick M. has gone on the record saying three or four years will have passed since AOTC; and that we'll see the twins as infants toward the film's end. I've never heard anything about the twins being four years old, so my guess is that that's misinformation...

JMF~ I think you've been the victim of a wiley prankster if you believe for a second that anyone but the almighty GL will be directing Ep. 3... :) :) :) Not even Steve Spielberg! (who, hypothetically, could probably handle it just fine... :) )

edit~ I just remebered something else I read in Insider (which obviously isn't a spoiler, but some folks won't want to hear it all the same...): James Earl Jones is offically on the cast list, and will be doing at least a few minutes of dialogue in the film. (Hmmmmmm, I wonder what that means.... :) :) )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.