main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN The Episode III SPOILER thread (Enter at your own risk!)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by kenobi420, Apr 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    Smaller. Looks one handed but then it may not have been assembled totally.

The imaged showed a prop guy working on it so you couldn't see the whole thing.

It was black and Silver with at least one red button on it.

2. Bullseye

Bullseye Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 22, 2003
    The new and first "Making of Episode III" is online...but for Hyperspace members only.

They showed a lot of stuff...and some duel practice :D

3. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    Dude! Sweet. I'll have to check that out when I get home in the morning.

The Office Web cam isn't live when I am at work so I havn't been logging into HS as much as I use to. Just to get the clone wars basically.

Speaking of the Clone Wars.

I've been thinking of all these spoilers for this General Grievous that have been flying around. All the descriptions and who and what they say he is seem to sound a lot like Durge.

You know, I am starting to think that the "spys" who reported this say concept sketches of Durge and mixed them up with something in the script.

I just think Durge is too similar to what they say GG will be and I find it hard to believe Lucas would let them put a Similar Character in the Cartoon that is going to be in the movie. Introduce a character there yes but remember Rick Mc@#@#@@ said that neither Asajj or Durge would be in the movie. (At least at the time he said that)

4. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    a new Behind the helmet pic is out and it's Anakin, Or maybe Vader!!! :eek: This may be Pre Lava Bath Vader. Anakin is holding a Vaderish looking lightsaber and looks POed and like he's been fighting something fierce! :eek: :eek:

5. Vader2000

Vader2000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 1999
    Actually, if you look closely, it looks a lot like the saber Luke receives from Obi-Wan in ANH. The weird thing is that they put a red stick on it. Probably just to make it easier to track against the green screen. Hopefully the blade will be blue, since that's the color it is when Luke receives it. Wouldn't make sense for the crystal to be swapped, though I suppose it's possible for Obi-Wan to take Anakin's "dark" saber and make it "light" once more before handing it over.

6. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    I mentioned this in your email but I am not so sure I agree. If you look close it is a much thinner saber than a graflex. closer to his Ep2 saber I think. It also looks a bit longer and if you look closely at the space between the forefinger and thumb it looks like there is a black ring on the hilt a few inches down from the emitter or something.

I know, I am just over analizing what may be a Stunt saber. :p But still. I think we may see anakin with 3 differnt sabers in this movie. his blue Jedi saber that ends up with Obiwan to give to Luke, A Red saber that he uses when he's Sidious's hit man and this one will take a Lava bath with him, and then finally when in the suit we'll see the Ep4 Vader saber on his belt.

I'll bet you a pop he's uses a red saber in the duel :)

so if that is a pic from the duel then that aint Lukes saber. :) Of course it may be a pic from around the Dooku Duel so hey who really knows.

I just think that saber looks way to thin to be a graflex.

Of course I know fully well I may be wrong. :p

7. QuiGonnJenn

QuiGonnJenn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    I found this spoiler page. It's pretty good in that some of it seems to mesh up with what I've been reading in the insider, i.e. that Padme's part in the movie is quite short, that there is a very long fight sequence between Obi Wan and Anakin and that Anakin doesn't fall till the very end. It also tends to support one of the longest standing rumors in SW history, i.e. that Anakin falls into a volcano and that's how he gets most of his injuries.

Most of the stuff is taken from Force.net discussion boards. Many of these are probably rumors.

http://desiringhayden.elusive-dreams.net/3spoilers.html

Enjoy!
    QuiGonnJenn

8. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    Thanks. :)

9. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    That?s no Moon! It?s a Pregnant woman! :eek:

Hyperspace has a new behind the helmet Pic on line!!! :eek: :eek: it's none other than Padme I look like a tick that's about to pop Skywalker!!!!!! :eek:

Yep there is no way she's hiding Luke and Leia in that Pic. Anyone who try?s to say Anakin doesn't know at least 1 baby is on the way is kidding their self.

10. QuiGonnJenn

Jun 10, 2002
    I'm copying and pasting this from the TFN spoiler board this is from an interview with Christopher Lee:

"The Count is the most malignant, dangerous and lethal force in the entire story, possibly in the entire galaxy. As a disenchanted Jedi who quits the Republic to serve the Emperor, I am a good guy gone wrong, though I have already engineered the death of Liam Neeson in an episode I wasn't in. My brief from the Emperor, who has appeared in several episodes with his face half-covered, is to initiate a war on a galactic scale between the two systems. I create clones for battle in huge numbers, "a power so colossal that they will be the greatest army in the history of the galaxy"

What, Dooku responsible for QuiGonn's death???? It sure as shootin seemed like Maul to me? Has Lee left some fact from the EPIII script slip? Lucas has hinted that we'll find out more about Qui Gonn in EpIII, could this be a clue?

11. Minnesota_Jones

Minnesota_Jones Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    Whoa

I want more! :p

12. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    Could be Dooku was the one who pushed to have Quigon and Obiwan be the ones sent to Naboo, Knowing full well that Sidious would be sending Maul into battle there.

13. Darth_Jaxon

Darth_Jaxon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2001
    I saw that and was intrigued. Could be that Sidious and Dooku have been working together for much longer than we think. Maybe Maul was just a pawn in there game also. Maybe they set both Qui and Maul up? Interesting to see if this turns into anything in EP III or if this is just Lee reading more into his character than there is.

How about the Behind the Helmet pic. Any clues on what that weapon is?

14. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    On the web cam prior to filming we saw stunt men practicing with staffs instead of sabers when going against Jedi with Lightsabers.
    My Guess is there is some enemy in the movie that uses a staff that can deflect a lightsaber. There was a scene with obiwan they talked about fighting dudes that would be CGied in later and they had stunt men in Green suits filling in for the Cgi characters.

some kind of anti Jedi Droid maybe or Geonosians with an updated weapon??

15. ShaolinSith

ShaolinSith Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2003
    "pick up your jedi weapon. strike him down, he is finisheddefensless, Take dookus life and your transformation will be complete."

16. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    The next insider is going to have these pics in it.

check them out.

Shows the jedi Star Fighter. Looks a lot like the old one. Not sure where the Tie Fighter roumor came from. That must be for the Clone Fighters.

http://www.movie-vault.com/cgi-bin/news2/viewnews.cgi?id=EpZkkVEFEyNqDJThoO&style=OneItemStyle

Too long to make Clickable. Copy and paste.

17. QuiGonnJenn

Jun 10, 2002
    What is it with the Insider. I thought they had pretty liberal access to the Prequel sets, etc. They always manage to find the pics with the least amount of info in them to give to the Insider. I'm sort of cheesed with Lucasfilm because they seem to give the cream of the spoiler pics to Hyperspace and leave the dross for the Insider. Now I have to subscribe to both? Grrr. No way.

I love the Insider for what it is, but as a vehicle for up to date info on the prequels, I think it's fairly sad.

BTW, thanks for posting these Doright. It'll probably be weeks before they show up in my mailbox.

18. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    I got my insider today so yours shouldn't be so far off.

As far as Hyperspace stuff goes...... [face_mischief]

19. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    Nick Gillard Chat today with Some really cool stuff.

I have to paraphrase it to be legal to post here so keep that in mind.

As you know he has a cameo as a Jedi in the movie and he said in the chat that he will be "facing off" against a certain turned Jedi. :eek:

Temple Massacre I am thinking.

Other highlights.

We'll see Paddawn's fighting. He said look for Mousy McCullum. :(

Asked about Sidious's saber he said it wasn't just a prop for show. [face_devil] Take that how ever you want. :eek:

He's seen Hayden in "the suit" Yea Bill I think he means THAT suit. :p

In the script the Duel is stand alone by it's self. Not intercut but that could change he said.

He said his Lightsaber is Yellow! I wonder if that'll make it to the movie as well. :eek: That would be so cool. I think Yellow makes one of the best Saber colors.

There is one fight that Hayden was practicing for that he can't say ANYTHING ABOUT. :eek: Something new maybe? :eek:

Anakin's Fighting style Changes as he becomes more dark. :cool:

Heads do come off people in this movie.

His Jedi name will be Cin Drallig (his name backwards)

Asked about seeing Sabers like Darth mauls he said a fashion or something like that and gave a wink wink nod nod. :eek:

20. Vader2000

Vader2000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 1999
    Awesome news! Thanks Doug. :cool:

21. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    No problem Bill. They posted a summary in the 3SA so I figured why not here too since I know none of you go over there.

Anyway I was thinking.

We already heard from a HS set diary that Nick was in a scene where he is training a few teen Padawans.

A couple of things about his chat could be explained by that.

1 he had to train young actors to fight for that training scene. So that is where we'll see younglings in action and not in some kind of Jedi temple Slaughter scene.

2. His comment about facing a fallen Jedi could have just been a subtle rip on Mousy McCullum. She may be the one he's sparring with in that scene and he could have just been messing with her when he wrote that. She was in the room with him so it could be.

Anyway some thoughts. Who knows until then but I'd still bet money we will not see kids being killed on screen.

Let's just hope we see that Yellow saber. That would be so cool.

I know, I have issues. [face_blush]

22. Minnesota_Jones

Minnesota_Jones Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    I'm sure if we didn't see the Tuskins killed in masse in Episode II we sure won't see the Younglings killed in few view. Maybe very similar to II, but not any more that II showed.

23. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    Chant with me now.

We want a yellow saber

we want a yellow saber

we want a yellow saber

:D

I agree Mike. This is George, can't have Han the good guy shoot first, Lucas we're talking about. I have faith he'll make it right. :)

24. Bullseye

Bullseye Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 22, 2003
    So Doright,

what do you think of the General?

25. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    Truthfully? I am in a I'll believe it when I see it mode. It just sounds too much like Durge. I find it really hard to believe that George would allow the Cartoon to make a Droid General that was this super trooper thing that fights obiwan alone when he was going to to something very similar in the movie.

I may be wrong but it is my guess that someone.. Let's call them Spy A, was at the ranch and saw some production drawings of a "droid General" Then the name "general Grievous" shows up in the script or is overheard somewhere by spy B, and They go and link that name to these drawings spy A saw. They then go on to say this guy will be in the movie when in fact they may have been concept drawings of Durge and NOT something for the movie. That's the problem with Spy reports. Your getting people reporting things they saw and what not and with Pre production drawings who knows what will end up in the movie. I point to the Drawings we saw in the web doc of Anakin's look in ep3 as my proof. Can you imagine the spy reports thoughts would have made had we not seen with our own eyes what anakin's look would be?

Anyway The general may be real but I am not buying it till I've seen proof.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.