main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The EPISODE IX - Rise of Skywalker - Thread - Untagged Spoilers Allowed!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ghost, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Youtube is starting become just as bad as twitter sometimes.

2. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    I'll bet it's a key plot point in 9, where the Jedi books have been uploaded onto the holonet for quite a while but they're no harm to Kylo as everyone dismisses it as fake news. Doesn't help the document files are hundreds of pages long if not thousands. Who has time to read all that in a wartorn galaxy? As Yoda said, "Page turners, they are not."

Kylo got ahead of Rey by posting his own extremely condensed summary of the Jedi books.

There is no emotion, there is peace.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no passion, there is serenity.
    There is no chaos, there is harmony.
    There is no death, there is the Force

Once people glanced at that, they found no desire to read the actual thing, which is much much longer. Rey never had a chance.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    Felicia likes this.
  3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    R2 and Tra Saa would like a word with you.

Nobody145, Felicia, PCCViking and 3 others like this.
  4. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013

If the expanded version is anything like Robot Chickens Order 66 orders :p we need a song about them!

How many There is no... there is... can there be?

There is no wearing ridicolous masks unless you medically require them, there is fancy hairstyles with Padawan braids.

There is no leaving stuff you started unfinished, there is finishing what you started.

There is no topless Forceskyping, there is decent robes in your closet!

Felicia likes this.
  5. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    YouTube has videos that will link you from paw patrol to why the holocaust didnt exist it is much worse than Twitter

6. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Yub I very much agree... Paw Patrol is awful!

Fallen Jedi Master likes this.
  7. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

This is why I watch She-Ra ;p

8. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Also some interesting interview from Oscar Issac

https://www.gamesradar.com/amp/star...ith-jedi-jj-abrams/?__twitter_impression=true

and from JJ Abrams

https://www.gamesradar.com/star-wars-rise-of-skywalker-jj-abrams-interview-force-awakens/

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2019
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  9. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    If they were trying to weaponize nostalgia, well, it didn't work on me. I mean, this was my first thought when I watched the TFA trailer:
    I think the prequel trailers did a much better job of pushing the nostalgia buttons.

melkor834, Nobody145 and Daneira like this.
  10. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Everyone has different buttons I suppose ;)

Alpha-Red likes this.
  11. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

PICTURES from the new Entreatment Weekly! I'll put spoilers for anyone who is wanting to go in without seeing a thing though...There are more in the link.

12. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    So here a supposed reaction to a test screening (please note what was viewed was not the full movie, just a lot of scenes)

https://boundingintocomics.com/2019...on-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-screening/

So take aways

1. Anakin never killed Palpatine, he just killed a clone (this feels worse than Dark Empire)

2. Falcon gets blown up with Lando, Chewie, C3PO and R2 on board. (people apparently walked out on this, but I hope they keep it, it needs to happen and I would rather it burn out than fade away)

3. First Order, lead by Hux joins the Resistance in fighting Palpatine (seems like a rehash of the end of The Unifying Force, but rushed)

4. Palpatine kills Leia (I don't mind her dying in the film)

Please note; I don't think this will be the final version of the film but I it may inform the final cut.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  13. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Star Wars doesn't do test screenings, and Bounding Into Comics is nothing close to a reliable source. The whole "test screenings!" screeching came from some YouTuber originally. Not an ounce of truth to it.

Outsourced, Daneira and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  14. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Ah ok.

Shame, they had some good stuff in there.

15. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I was like 5 seconds from drinking coffee before reading that post and it would have been snorted all over this screen.

Daneira, AusStig and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  16. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

New TV SPOT: With new footage. But I will put in spoilers anyway

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  17. Hamburger_Time

Hamburger_Time Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2010
    This might be controversial, but I hope that, like ROTJ, TROS includes some sort of grand act of compassion as a big part of its resolution. Not sure what I'd best like it to be - certainly not "the First Order had a point after all" of course, but, well... certain real-life events as of late that I will not give specifics on for fear of an ugly derail have gotten me of the opinion that American pop-culture really, really fetishizes war and violence too much. The fictional war against the First Order is certainly a just one, but I'm honestly not sure a truly just war is even possible in real life anymore, all the corporate blood money there is in the military these days. People like the robber-barons of Canto Bight absolutely really exist, and I think the stuff they do is glamorized too much. Obviously this may be a bit hypocritical for a Star Wars fan to say, we all watch to see stuff blow up after all, and while I'm sure there'll be a lot of that I want there to be real, sincere heart in the conflict's resolution too.

Save what you love.

I hope that's not code for Reylo though.

Barriss_Coffee and Jid123Sheeve like this.
  18. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I'm sure you'll get something.

One of the big themes for ST is about the gang (Rey, Finn Poe) being together for one big final adventure, so that's always a good place to start, we still have Rose and Finn, Leia's feeling for Rey and vice versa.....There are lot of opportunities for this to happen in some regard.

Hamburger_Time likes this.
  19. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Invoking Supernatural, I give you.... The Redemption of Sheev!

He wanted to be loved.
    He deserved to be loved.

scccraazzz.... Needle just came off the record. Nah, stuff that, he's gotta die, again.

20. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Doomcock expands on his Test screening/multiple movie cuts spoilers

AusStig likes this.
  21. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Can someone please transcribe or summarise the youtube vids?

I am allergic to podcasts and people talking in not official videos... so not gonna watch any of those.

22. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    There's no need; they're all nonsense. Star Wars doesn't do test screenings.

23. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    How dare you! I assure you, this board is more than capable of supplying a sufficient quantity of total crap to occupy yourself until the film comes out.

24. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    They do.
    As far as I remember TLJ had even two (correct me if I am wrong. R1 and Solo only had Disney internal ones)

Both times they showed about 20 minutes.
    One was in June and one later in Sep/Oct I think.
    People from press reported on twitter about it.
    I doubt that they wanted to see people's reactions rather than to promote the movie (and it's progress)

Maybe someone can find an article about it.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    AusStig likes this.
  25. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    Those wouldn't be "test" screenings then, if they're just to promote the film rather than testing audience reactions. And TROS has one next month in Japan, where they'll likely show 20 minutes as they did for TLJ. That would be much too late for a "test" to actually re-edit anything off the back of audience reactions.