main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The EPISODE IX - Rise of Skywalker - Thread - Untagged Spoilers Allowed!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ghost, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Heh. "J.J. Abrams Reveals Real ‘Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker’ Script Ended Up on eBay"
    Edited to add: we've seen many of these shots in trailers already, but here's a short film clip that's been officially released:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  2. Wrinty

Wrinty Jedi Master star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    So the fact that JJ Abrams wants to out the actor/actress who left it the script under their bed means it was someone big, imo.

3. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Bet they got a telling off.

4. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    I didn't know Tom Holland was in Rise of Skywalker. :p

Alpha-Red, darthzac14 and Krueger like this.
  5. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    If this was a genuine mistake, why would JJ do this? Unless JJ has proof the actor/actress did it intentionally, I think they should get scolded, pay deducted, and that's that.

This goes far beyond making movies I don't like now. If JJ seriously wanted to do this over a genuine mistake, it reflects massively on him as a human being, and not in a good way.

We all love Star Wars, but at the end of the day it's a fantasy movie series. It's not worth destroying anyone's life over. Jake Lloyd, Kelly Marie Tran, Ahmed Best, etc. can all attest to that.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  6. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    I doubt he was being altogether serious. If it was someone like John Boyega, I'd imagine "outing" him would consist of ribbing him about his screw-up, complete with all the requisite banter and throwing friendly barbs.

His quote was "I won’t say which one — I want to, but I won’t". Nothing about "outing" someone or "destroying" them for a mistake. Just he wants to say who it was, probably because we'd find it funny. Maybe it was Ian McDiarmid, bless him.

Gamiel, Sly442, Outsourced and 3 others like this.
  7. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Oh ok thank goodness. I didn't see the quote itself so I assumed the worst.

8. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    Spoiler alert! The TRAITOROUS Leaver-of-Scripts-in-Hotel-Rooms may have been ratted out by Daisy, and shall be summarily be facing the requisite punishment from First Order Executioners.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  9. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    He'll be fine. This is a guy who disobeyed a direct order on Jakku, Kylo Ren himself looked at him... then shrugged his shoulders and moved on. :kylo::nttrooper:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  10. Senpezeco

Apr 27, 2014
    That's who I figured, but I'm having more fun pretending it was Matt Smith and a wrathful J.J. booted him from the movie for it.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
    Barriss_Coffee and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  11. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Well, John, it was nice knowing you, the Disney troopers are on their way. Hopefully everyone has kind words for you on the red carpet. Maybe they have enough time to add a In Memorium Dedication to the credits.

anyway, John losing the script is the best story so far, this video wins the phase 1 publicity tour

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
  13. Senpezeco

Apr 27, 2014
    Maybe whichever FO trooper that had to be rotated in to carry out Finn's abandoned sanitation duties got their revenge as the 'cleaner' in this story. [face_whistling] Promooo-shun!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  14. Hamburger_Time

Hamburger_Time Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2010
    Think there will be any surprise appearances in the movie? I recall they said they were actually shocked that Ian McDiarmid's presence didn't leak before the official announcement. I feel like Denis Lawson is a good guess, given the presence of Old Man Wedge in Resistance Reborn. And honestly? I'd love to see Hayden Christensen as Anakin's ghost giving his grandson a piece of his mind.

15. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    I don't think Force ghosts chew people out though. Even Kenobi didn't do that to Luke on Dagobah. Anakin would just express sadness and, strangely enough, maybe even sympathy as he's probably the only Force ghost in these films who really knows the struggle with one's inner dark side.

16. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    So what's to say the guy who picked up the script didn't make copies of it before putting it on Ebay?

17. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    JJ confirmed they have only now finished doing reshoots. Looks like Doomcock was right and he is gleeful over it.

AusStig likes this.
  18. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    [face_thinking] Archive org + ebay = Script samples?

Daneira likes this.
  19. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    He's said he finished the film itself three days ago. As far as I know he hasn't said he's only just finished reshoots. The film itself, as a whole, is done. Post-production, everything.

20. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    "One of our actors, I won’t say which one — I want to, but I won’t, because his name is dead to us — left it under their bed”

21. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Literally everything you said is wrong. Congrats!

22. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    former episode IX writer/director Colin Trevorrow is not only getting a story credit on Rise of Skywalker (also with his Jurassic co-writer) he's donating his royalties to charity.

Story credits are sometimes fairly wonky to understand, IMDB has the story credits listed as story by "JJ Abrams and Chris Terrio AND Derek Connoly & Colin Trevorrow". Of note the & is implies for a writing team and AND is for different writers who worked on a script at separate times. And "story" credits can be a wee bit misleading, because Joss Whedon shares a story credit (AND) with Zack Penn on The Avengers but Whedon just threw the script out, however, Penn used the same characters as Whedon and (probably) an alien invasion so he gets a story credit. Which is a long way to saying Trevorrow probably gets story co-credit because he had as script that had the same crew. Unless JJ totally based his movie off that, what with pre-production underway and all. But I doubt it.

23. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    FTFY

Daneira and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  24. ImpKnight

ImpKnight Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2008
    The fact that this whole lost script story was probably a marketing move just as the talk show circuit began.

The Star Wars Show had two segments yesterday that were sponsored by ebay.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  25. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Can't go wrong with a Harrison Ford blooper to kick off BTS montage!

Also some old school (but not OT old school) music for this TV spot, that probably means it's getting a reprise in the film somewhere. And new dialogue from Our Imperial Majesty!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019