main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The EPISODE IX - Rise of Skywalker - Thread - Untagged Spoilers Allowed!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ghost, Mar 1, 2018.

1. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Ghost Obi-Wan was solid enough to sit on a log.

2. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    And Luke caught a lightsaber.

Yoda, in TLJ, wasnt really transparent at all. He was there with a bit of an aura. He whacked Luke on the noggin with his gimer stick(which apparently came with him to the spirit realm).

Qui-Gon also made all the furniture in Yoda's room float and swirl around.

IG: @jedisufism

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    BigAl6ft6 and Sinrebirth like this.
  3. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Eh not the same thing. It's not like he actually picked up the log. But i suppose he could have. Force Ghosts can affect the material world, as Yoda shows in TLJ.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

4. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I believe Ghost Obi-wan moved vines on Dagobah with his hand.

5. son_of_skywalker03

Dec 7, 2003
    I think they moved as his sides brushed by them.

Vialco likes this.
  6. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Huh. How about that. Interesting. So the ability of Force Ghosts to touch the physical world isn't unprecedented. Makes you wonder what would happen if they were attacked with Force Lightning......

7. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    There is actually some precedent from Legends. Exar Kun was able to manipulate physical objects (from I, Jedi as a counterpoint to Corran's statement).

8. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    I went to see it for my 4th and probably final time today.

Despite my criticisms of some things and the trilogy as a whole, I still enjoy the hell out of it and everytime I walk out of the theater emotionally drained.

The two things that stand out for me that i particularly like are "be with me" and the repentance of Ben Solo. Those hit on religious themes in Islamic piety that I hope to explore a bit on my Jedi Sufism Instagram in the future.

BigAl6ft6 and StartCenterEnd like this.
  9. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    So, uh, did anyone make sure those Snoke clones were destroyed after the Battle of Exegol?

Rey (looks at shattered glass from now empty tubes where Snoke clones were held): Uh oh...

Star Wars: Attack of the Snokes

10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Or they were rejects and will end up wandering Exegol like the Humperdoos in Preacher.

BigAl6ft6 and Ulicus like this.
  11. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    Pretty sure that entire Sith Temple is so thoroughly wrecked that the Snoke clones are smushed.

Most of those statues looked like Palpatine to me, as well.

12. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Cue Star Wars Episode X, set 1000 ABY.

After a period of peace, the new Jedi Order finally has mapped the Unknown Regions and its settlement is well underway. The galaxy has healed and is whole again, but as a lone Jedi stumbles upon Mortis once more... events will spiral into conflict again.

To their surprise, the role of the Father of Mortis has been taken already by some mysterious Forceuser awaiting for the roles of Son and Daughter to be filled still. After the Fall of Exogol, one last survivor set out to find Mortis and take the power no Jedi could ever steal from him again. One lone Snoke clone got away.

Yet who is the other mysterious entity guiding the heroes along on their path to defeat the Father of Shadows as he calls himself now, a Force Spirit whose face is hidden behind a wall of blinding light for whatever reason.

As a new dyad forms and the galaxy is about to choose once more between aligning itself with light or darkness, the mysterious Force Spirit reveals himself to be no other than Ben Solo.

Cue Flashback to Ben finding murals on Exogol that point towards Mortis and the Sith digging for the World between Worlds close to being successful. He immedately knows that if they succeed Palpatine can escape death always again. We see what really happened to him when he fell down the hole Palpatine threw him into... as blue light engulfed him and Ezra Bridger pulled him into the WBW... together they saw the future and only after helping future heroes to thwart the last Snoke clone on Mortis in Episode X-XII would Ben return to crawl out of the pit and die for Rey to live knowing the future would be safe.

13. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    This comment and the associated imagery has singlehandedly redeemed the entire ST.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  14. son_of_skywalker03

Dec 7, 2003
    "Snokes in a jar" is the gift that keeps on giving.

BigAl6ft6 and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  15. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    The Snoke clones all hitch a ride on a passenger ship but have to fight a man that looks suspiciously similar to Mace Windu. The spinoff film you didn’t know you desperately needed. “Snokes on a plane.”

16. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    And it is the first 18 rated SW film. Reasons unknown.

17. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Y'know... I was prepared to get all critical on JJ's plans for Snoke before watching TROS, assuming there was no way he could adequately resolve Snoke's backstory.

I admit I was wrong. I did not realize he could adequately not resolve Snoke's backstory. And now this thread is better for it.

18. Hamburger_Time

Hamburger_Time Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2010
    So TROS is now the lowest-rated Skywalker Saga film on Rotten Tomatoes, one point lower than TPM. Oof.

I think that's kind of unfair to it, but I wonder what effects this will have going forward?

19. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Really? I thought TROS is the best of the sequels, and TPM the best of the prequels.

Sinrebirth and ColeFardreamer like this.
  20. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    summed up scores are nice but hardly telling enough.

I saw plenty of fans prefer TROS even over TESB! Myself included!

21. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    TROS is probably my most favourite of the sequels.

But we'll see. It's made me enjoy TFA and TLJ even more than before, too.

ColeFardreamer, Vialco and PCCViking like this.
  22. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I'm still pretty sure you wrote TROS, Sinre. :p

23. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I am unsure whether to be offended or pleased.

Both; it is Star Wars after all.

*chuckles darkly*

24. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    If @Sinrebirth had written it, we would have seen Coruscant, gotten a reference to Mortis and a cameo of Abeloth. At minimum.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  25. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    BigAl6ft6 and Sinrebirth like this.