main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The EPISODE IX - Rise of Skywalker - Thread - Untagged Spoilers Allowed!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ghost, Mar 1, 2018.

1. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013

Maybe we are in all this mess because some time back one Force Ghost did exactly that... and regretted it ever since! Just a little convo with the Prime Jedi.. the rest is history!

StartCenterEnd likes this.
  2. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Yep - Force ghost Qui-Gon from the FACPOV short story "Master and Apprentice" knew what would be happening to Obi-Wan in the near future, but did not reveal it to him by choice. They clearly have a bigger, or at least very different, perspective on the events of the physical universe.

3. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    That's part of why I don't think Obi-Wan is actually fully advocating for Luke to kill Anakin, but that his perception of the future is guiding him to say what Luke needs to hear in order to arrive at Anakin's redemption.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

4. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Has there been any word from anyone on whether we're going to hear more about Palpatine's "son" ever again? Maybe in the form of a comic or novel. I mean, I know it was just brushed over in the film, but in-universe, his existence is a pretty big deal. Would be a shame if we never heard anything about him ever again.

5. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Nope. Probably gonna wait until they have more of the whole overall cloning stuff developed from Mandalor and Bad batch.

Although rumors of a Finn Series and a Ben Solo trilogy have been roaming around, although that is all hearsay at this point, so I wouldn't look to deep into that.

6. Awushi Awere

Awushi Awere Jedi Knight star 2

May 11, 2020
    In my headcanon he is a failed (= not force-sensitive) clone-experiment of Sheev but could escape out of the lab. At some point he met a woman and founded a family.

I feel like this is basically everything I need to know about this figure. ^^

7. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Remember, it all has to be kept on ice for possible future films that cannot defile themselves by having to work with some comic or book.

8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think we might see Palpatine jr and Rey's. Mom in Mandalorian or other stories coming after it. Like an animated show post Mandalorian stories with Luke training his jedi, and we see Rey's origins.

9. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Imagine the amount of good story hooks and them saying "nah, keep it for later" or "wait till the public opinion and mood is right for that kind of story"... or crafting their 10 year plans they change every 6 months anyway due to reactionary popular mood swings.

I am dying to only imagine all the good content that was lost before fans even ever learned of it even existing. Lostworlds we do know about already are a mountain of ideas.

Xammer likes this.
  10. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    I will guarantee you that's exactly what happens. And of course it does - Star Wars has more story hooks than you could swing a cat at. It's the nature of the setting. The number of story hooks any single film generates, much less a trilogy, would knock the socks off your feet if you really thought about it. Some stories are simply going to have to sit on the shelf for a bit. Doesn't mean it's "lost," doesn't mean they've scrapped it due to "fan outrage," etc. It's just something they'll get around to in due time.

Personally, I'm seeing the story of "Palpatine's son" as great material for a Charles Soule limited series in the "Rise of Kylo Ren" vein. (Or Greg Pak, given his development of Ochi in the current Vader series.)

ColeFardreamer likes this.
  11. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I see it as HOW do they get around to it eventually.

Is it got around with a Disney + series with actors returning and what not.

Or is it got around with a comic

Which i guess goes to show the importance of certain things maybe

Vialco likes this.
  12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think we might see it in an animated show post all the mandalorian stories, little closer to rise of the first order.

13. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I really doubt they'll do a whole animated show about Rey's dad.

SyndicThrass and Awushi Awere like this.
  14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    No me either but i can see Rey's that be ghuest character in an animated show after Mandalorian stories. like say it's about Luke and Ben, maybe Luke meets with Rey's dad at one point. Maybe Han Solo does. I think a show like clone wars or bad batch meeting new and old faces, and one of them is Rey's dad and mom.

Awushi Awere likes this.
  15. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Han's in a bar, walks out while a pair of drunks are collapsed on a table - there's your cameo of Rey's parents.

SyndicThrass, BigAl6ft6 and Vialco like this.
  16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    What if Han Solo is the reason Rey's mom and dad met, he becomes a wing man for the clone.

Awushi Awere and AusStig like this.
  17. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    What if the clone could see into Palpatines mind and that is why he drinks? To keep the Palpatine thoughts out.

18. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Without the Force I think it is rather the other way around... he cannot see into Palpatine but Palps can take him over any time he wants... to create more offspring through him. Once he and his wife found out... they drunk like hell due to voyeur Palpatine and fear for Rey.

Fredrik Vallestrand and Gamiel like this.
  19. Awushi Awere

Awushi Awere Jedi Knight star 2

May 11, 2020
    The only interesting left question regarding Palpatine's son for me is if (1) Palpatine has let him escape out of his laboratory or if (2) he managed this against Palpatine's plan in actual danger. Because (1) would mean that (a) Palpatine felt something like mercy for this "pity of a clone-son" or that (b) he didn't really care or that (c) it was Palpatine's hope that his son would reproduce himself and create a force-sensitive son or daughter in the near future. Option (2) would mean that we will probably never know how Palpatine thought about his son's escape out of the lab except of we get to know about some keys or left open doors or anything Palpatine placed with purpose so his son just feels as if he escapes.

In the end but Palpatine wanted his clone-son and his wife dead. Also his little grand-daughter Rey had to die in his evil plans. So if all this "Rey's parents make it to hide their little confused daughter on a tough planet before Ochi can kill her" wasn't another "long foreseen plan" of Palpatine, I guess it was not planned that his son manages it to escape.
    ;)[face_thinking]

20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    So Palpatine Jr. had growth acceleration, right. didn't one of the sourcebooks nail down his birthday which is post-Endor? I guess it makes sense that Palaptine went Clone Krazy after he Somehow Returned and ended up with a non-Force sensitive runt. Which makes Jr. like 10 at the time of his death ala the Jango clonetroopers.

anyway Rey's folks would make a fine miniseries although I doubt it is so important it would have save for live action TV or movies or animated show blockers around it. (although Jomie Commer did play Rey's mom but that isn't probably enough to make a whole thing about it)

Heck get Pak to write it as basically a big arc in his final Ochi story. I need to know how that dofus became like cold blooded Rey parents stabby.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
  21. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    "You know Ochi, you're a funny guy...."

"Whattya mean I'm funny? Funny how? I mean, what's funny about it? Let me understand this ... cuz I ... maybe its me, maybe I'm a little messed up maybe. I'm funny how, I mean funny, like I'm a clown? I amuse you. I make you laugh? I'm here to amuse you? Whattya you mean funny? Funny how? How am I funny?"

Suddenly, everyone is expecting someone to get stabbed.

22. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    I got thinking about Episode IX again and the ST in general:

Regarding the message that united the galaxy into a massive fleet:
    -Leia recorded it
    -Lando charmingly delivered it
    -Palpatines announcement added to it with its dread backfiring on him

It all went smooth and dangerously close to failure skidded to success. Therefore I present a slightly expanded version of how it might have gone down:

After Palpatines message gripped the galaxy in fear of his return, a lot of people already prepared to defend their homes and got ready but no cooperation yet would bring them together. They waited and dreaded what would come out of the Unknown.
    Leia's message spread via Lando rallied some but a lot were sceptical due to previous Resistance shortcomings and Leia and Luke's own death against lesser odds (the First Order) than Palpatine in addition to it. Those needed convincing, a slowgoing process.
    (Merging in some of Duel of the Fates added reasons:) The Jedi Temple's Kyberpowered Lightbeam network of ancient times was one signal of many spreading and reinforcing the message to where Lando could not go directly. And seeing such an ancient yet still functonal call to arms not used since the New Sith Wars dark age without holonet or BoSS network, inspired more to join up.
    But some fancy lights and words are not enough to sway the most sceptical and home defense driven species. Here direct intervention was required, hence the Eclipse class Superstardestroyer a team of Resistance heroes stole from the KDY yards over Kuat would come into play. Freeing some FO plagued worlds with its might and automated droid crews in lack of physical ones yet, they sold even the most stubborn that the Resistance was capable of saving the day if it got just enough help.
    United at last, they ventured to Coruscant for one decisive battle before the surviving remainder of the fleet would jump to Exegol. Even though the Eclipse was lost over the First Order capital the remaining fleet was willing to go to Exegol regardless now. It might also have helped that in addition to a sizeable fleet Lando managed to boost their strength even more by having himself recruited a group of Fallanassi that would project even more ships than they had ammassed upon their arrival at Exegol. While the Final Order fired on decoys that were not even there, the real ships took them out one by one and won!

Another interesting thing:

Nobody knows Rey!

In the OT after ANH, everybody knew of the pilot that blew up the Death Star and soon after even his name made the rounds. The OT heroes were galaxywide known. But Rey? In TFA she is a junker girl that went missing, kidnapped and got rescued freeing herself while Han and Poe blew up Starkiller Base. Nobody knew Rey. In TLJ, Rey is off in the Unknown with Luke, then the First Order, then in the Falcon at Crait also not seen but shooting ship guns. Nobody in the galaxy still heard of her. They heard of Finn the Hero, the Legend of Luke and Leia's call from Crait, but not Rey. In TROS the Resistance knows her as some Forceuser helping them and Forceusers are worth an army as the past showed (PT). But the galaxy at large does not know Rey! Then boom she is off to Paasana, Kijimi, etc. and again with the First and Final Order. the Galaxy did not see much of her rather remembering Lando and the others.

Rey stayed a nobody the entire fricking trilogy despite family relations and importance to some characters fates! So of course she is no hero that can proudly speak her name in TROS end but rather lies and uses Skywalker for if she would have said Palpatine, the galaxy would have come gunning for her. She was a lot with the FO, briefly with the Resistance which were only a hand full of people most of the time and when she did not join the fleet of the Resistance or people fleet to go to Exegol... because she was already there... people would be surprised why she was already there and if the name Palpatine fell, she sure would have been interpreted as the Emperors agent, spy or else by some.

So will Rey be forgotten in the history books that remember an ST without her? Will the story only be told and make her known after the fact?

At least some knew her on Baatu as the Resistance spread some marketing for her apparently (but with what proof of actions or heroism?)

But it does not look well for her fame or her Jedi Academy if there is no legend or story to her name the galaxy knows like it did for the others.

23. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Fame, huh? Sure the galaxy made Luke, Han and Leia famous.... Then it turned their lives to crap and killed them for it. There's a lesson there for Rey all right.

24. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Anyone heard of ‘nesting order’?

TFA and TLJ

Then flashback to ANH and ESB

Then flashback to TPM AOTC ROTS

Then back to ROTJ

Then back to TROS.

It’s… interesting.

25. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I approve in the broad sense that if enough weird watching orders gain traction it will be possible to someday successfully sell an article entitled something like "Have you considered just watching Star Wars in release order?" That's like an easy fifty bucks right there.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
    Xammer, Alpha-Red, BigAl6ft6 and 5 others like this.