main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The EPISODE IX - Rise of Skywalker - Thread - Untagged Spoilers Allowed!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ghost, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    In-universe doesn't mean it's universal. I'm sure some people think they can and some think they can't.

Can your doctor friends manipulate things with their mind? Sleeping with a Jedi isn't about the benjamins, it's about the "possibilities."

Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Did the Jedi have a bar class?

It's still a little weird though, isn't it? I'm just saying alarm bells should've been raised a little earlier than they were.

You're right. But when Anakin was on Coruscant he was free to leave the Temple and do what he wanted. Had he not been busy with war he probably would've had plenty of time to hang with Padme (though the secrecy would've eventually driven a wedge through them, I'm sure).

Sent from my SM-G390W using Tapatalk

2. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Finn: Rey, why did you rip out that page from the Jedi books?

Rey: Um, that page is obviously a forged interpolation.

Finn: I don't believe you.

Finn goes over to look at the mini garbage disposal. The audience sees just 2 words written in Aurebesh. Only fluent Aurebesh readers will know what they mean...

Finn: Oh, so that's why Skywalker could only find a dozen students in a galaxy of billions in thirty years...

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  3. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    haven't watched TLJ in some time, admittedly I forgot this little musical tidbit...

4. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Great composition. Means absolutely nothing in regards to whatever Palpatine's doing in this film. Williams just doesn't score that way; he's linking Snoke and the Emperor thematically/symbolically, not literally. Same as people assuming "Palpatine's Teachings" underscoring Snoke in TFA meant that Snoke had to be Plagueis. Williams didn't write Palpatine's Teachings as Darth Plagueis's Theme; he wrote it to reflect a dark-sider teaching their apprentice, which is what actually links those two moments. Here, it's a dark-sider torturing a Jedi with the power of the Force, not foreshadowing Snoke ripping off his mask to reveal Palpatine underneath.

Daneira and FS26 like this.
  5. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

True but I do wonder if any of some of these extended lines from the TFA novelization may have been trying to tell us something or not, and I'm someone who doesn't like to look into the Novelization too much ....But still.

6. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Which ones in particular? I'd assume Foster made quite a few of them up himself; you can kinda tell when the dialogue switches from Abrams/Kasdan style to Foster's.

7. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Mostly just when Snoke goes into why the Empire falls and talks about Palpatine...Maybe I'm making mountain outta molehills but I do like seeing or knowing that yes...Kylo knows Vader went good by the end...Something that if you didn't read the Novel (Which you shouldn't have too and could very well change when we get to 9) we aren't sure Kylo knows.

Oh and before I forget

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2019
    vncredleader and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  8. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    TESB is my favorite SW film, but all the throne room stuff in ROTJ is my favorite part of the saga. Definitive Star Wars.

9. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I wouldn't be so sure. It could ALL link back to Palpatine. After all, Palps is the one monolouging when the tragedy of Dark Plageuis the Wise is told. Food for thought, its not meant to be taken literally. At least not yet. If it is confirmed that Snoke and Palps were in cahoots in TROS then heck yeah it's purposeful.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  10. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Hmm...I mean it is possible that JJ/Rian could have had a hand in the composition but it was Williams himself I fee like he isn’t someone to play into the Mystery Box aspects of the trilogy the same way those two (Espeically JJ) would.

11. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Here is something TROS adjacent

12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Been working my way thorough the *very* beautiful looking rolling stone write up and Anthony Daniels drops a bit of Threepio's first line that he had trouble remembering /saying (writer of the article speculates it'll be cut anyway)

"common emblem" which sounds like some exposition Threepio translation dialogue, maybe on ruins on that planet everyone is hanging out on?

13. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I have a few Threepio ideas

Maybe the Knights of Ren are after him because Anakin built him and Kylo is completing his Vader collection.

Maybe Threepio has like action protocols in him that Anakin built into him as a kid

Espeically with all those rumors of Threepio having Chewies Bowcaster and Rey's staff

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2019
    Revanfan1 and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  14. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    If they brought back Anakin built C-3PO mention and something important buried away in his matrix that would be hilarious that out of all the PT content they hinge it on that. And oddly appropriate for Threepio that he spend decades with a McGuffin buried deep in his circuits from lil Annie

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    Revanfan1, Daneira, Gamiel and 2 others like this.
  15. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I mean one of the Threepio rumors was something about his lost memories.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  16. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Ooooo maybe 3PO remembers his pre-Anakin past.

3PO remembers he's Plagueis. IT ALL FITS.

17. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Nooooooo I couldn't handle Phantom Limb, I think him remembering the past would break me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Now everyone else has to cry

18. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Speaking of comics and books I was reading Aftermats Empire End and I found this passage

Rax and Palpatine talking on the Death Star II.....At Endor....Something we see in the Episode 9 teaser.

Page 7 Aftermath Empires End
    Just saying...If there is a battle at Endor and Palpatine...That’s some good reconning of that line right there ;p

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  19. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Papatine's plan was called "The Contingency" and if he is indeed resurrected due to his own plan in Rise of Skywalker, that covers a lot of ground. Hopefully we can get a story about how Rax was involved in the resurrection part cuz it's already covered the burn the Empire to the ground part.

Anyway, just thinking about the title and a part of me thinks its "Rise of Skywalker" inasmuch that it would feature a 3rd act of Luke returning to defeat the big bad Palpatine.

20. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

At the very least it could be something to explore in supplementary material post 9 if Palpatine role is what I think it is...Althoguh I have my eye on Richard E.Grant character, someone said his outfit looks very much like a Kimono uniform, so he could be dealing with the Force side of things.

As for the title, it honestly could mean anything.

Anakin
    Luke
    Ben/Kylo
    Skywalker as a legacy
    Rey adopting the name at the end
    My guess it will be vague and up for interpration same way Return of the Jedi is, in all honestly

Also in terms of stuff to still be curious about.
    -Chris Terrio
    -How much of whatever Trevorrow had in mind made it’s way to the JJ/Terrio transition in the same way Michael Arndts stuff kinda did in terms of overall concept.
    -How far back as this Palpatine thing been in the works, espeically because I feel Rebels series finale might thematically connect to Episode 9

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2019
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  21. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Something I've been thinking about for a while is....Since the teaser indicates that Palpatine will play a role (Regardless of what one hears on the grape vine of rumors) I'm curious within the film, when his presence will be indicated.

Will it be...3 Acts of adventures followed by ...PALPATINE.

Or will the movie early on indicate that whatever the story is, Palpatine is involved in some way either directly or indirectly.

22. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I don't think JJ would put Palpatine in the trailer if he's a third act surprise, this is a guy who kept saying Khan wasn't in Star Trek into Darkness and you find out he's actually Khan with still an hour of movie to go. So I'm expecting a pretty prominent Emperor, at least one we know of early into the film.

Barriss_Coffee and Gamiel like this.
  23. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Yeah I'll give it to JJ he learned his lesson with the Khan fiasco of Into Darkness.

Heck we know that Kylo was Han Solo's kid pretty early on in the movie.

Wouldn't it be cool if we see a Sentinal Droid from Shattered Empire

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2019
    Revanfan1 and ColeFardreamer like this.
  24. unlimitedpower

unlimitedpower Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2014
    Here's another dumb theory on how to retcon Rey's origin just for fun: Her memories were altered by a Bor. :p

Yeah, I just want to see more Bors. :p

25. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013

so you are suggesting Rey got BORed? :p I like it

Though wouldn't all others have to get their memories altered too then that are related or knew her?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    Alpha-Red likes this.