main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The EPISODE IX - Rise of Skywalker - Thread - Untagged Spoilers Allowed!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ghost, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Well, as long as a random holographic kid that looks like Joffrey Baratheon doesn't show up and tells Rey to pick Blue, Green, or Red... we should be fine. :p

But yeah, I can see at least two plotlines going: Team 1 is gathering allies while Team 2 is looking for The Macguffin, culminating in a final battle.

AusStig likes this.
  2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    People do remember there was an entire game before those infamous 10 minutes of ME3, right?

Barriss_Coffee and AusStig like this.
  3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Still had to introduce the characters and establish if they were good or bad and the world they live in, this can skip even that! Like I said, Abrams is at his best when it's basically a perpetual third act climax which he usually extends for like an hour or more. his first Star Trek movie is probably the best example of it, it's basically one extended chase from about 35 minutes in.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  4. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

If there is anything he takes from Into Darkness I hopes it's Rey and Kylo.....Eh to heck with him, Rey and Palpatine space cannoned from one ship to another in some weird team up.

But in all seriousness that's sorta my big theory as to why we have a Abrams/Terrio team

JJ brings the actions and quits and Chris Terrio then adds in the smart intellectual philosophical bits in the middle.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2019
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  5. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Unpopular opinion but, I didn't find the action sequences in TFA to be up to standard when it comes to Star Wars.

They were still great fun, but I don't feel like they were Faster, More Intense enough. George always liked to put more and more obstacles in front of the characters until the tension was at it's peak. While the chase through the Jakku ruins was fun, it could have been more fun. Have more stuff going wrong for the characters, increase the tension by just a little more and things would be perfect.

6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I thought the escape from the Finalizer threw up some good roadblocks for the characters, and Rey and Finn running into Kylo trying to escape SKB was a good "oh %$$%" moment (probably better why they cut the Kylo stalking through the woods shot from the 1st trailer cuz it works better in the film where you just hear him ignite the saber and "We're not done yet.")

Kylo only really got nasty at the end of TLJ, JJ seems to like nasty Kylo so hopefully he gets to be that more of the time. and quipping too. "They're obviously skilled at committing high treason!"

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    Gamiel and PCCViking like this.
  7. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    His snarkiness proves he's a Solo and a Skywalker. :p

BigAl6ft6 and Gamiel like this.
  8. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    You mean the incredibly depressing 20-30 hour feeling of gloom and doom a.k.a. "the Reapers are too powerful we're all gonna die"?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  9. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Really? Mordin's fate and the resolution of the Geth story paying off actions across the entire trilogy did nothing for you?

I know people like to go on about the ending but there was some great stuff in there. If nothing else, reaper vs thresher maw!

Mia Mesharad and Kylun like this.
  10. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    If 9 is going to channel Dark Empire, it might as well channel Empire's End too where a repentant Kylo merges his spirit with Palpatine's and drags Palpatine to hold him down in Chaos for eternity. That way Kylo's story ends while he still gets a punishment brutal enough (eternity of suffering in the depths of Chaos with Palpatine) to satisfy even the most vicious Kylo haters.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  11. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Someone's been reading the spoilers ;p

12. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005

I hadn't read any spoilers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

13. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I mean, it could be fake, but...Eh click the link and read it yourself

sidv88 likes this.
  14. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

For anyone interested in the whole "Is Kylo a Sith" question...Well...Maybe the movie will do a 180 but!

15. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    The problem is that there was a foreign publication that had a drawing of Darth Plagueis to fill in for Supreme Leader Snoke, so until it's explicitly confirmed onscreen, I doubt he's a Sith...at least before turning on Snoke.

However, his turning on Snoke and assuming leadership of the First Order fits in with the Rule of Two.

@Jid123Sheeve the link doesn't work. Can you either PM me the gist of the info?

16. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

True...But.

It has been spotted that some of the Knights of Ren have lightsabers, and could be force users, so that goes against Rule of Two law...Maybe

PCCViking likes this.
  17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The Emperor and Vader had Inquisitors

18. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    The link is to images from the new Who's Who book out today, which
    establishes the new logo seen on the Sith trooper is indeed a canonical Sith logo, and appears on the pages for Sidious, Vader, and Maul. It isn't used for Kylo, which backs up the other sources we've had since 2015 that say he isn't Sith. Jid is agreeing that Kylo's not Sith unless TROS gives us a twist.

PCCViking likes this.
  19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I love how people still think the Sith care about rules. It's so sweet. :D

20. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Yeah, they probably see them more as guidelines than actual rules. :p

BigAl6ft6 and Jedi Ben like this.
  21. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    You sayin' they follow .... a code?

PCCViking likes this.
  22. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

It's why it's always so hard to get a Sith Emperor, they always vote for themselves.

Jedi Ben and PCCViking like this.
  23. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    The Rule of Two, from what I remember Lucas mentioning during the making of TCW, was made specifically to protect the precarious balance between master and apprentice of the dark side. It's not so much a rule that cannot be broken—indeed there was a whole TCW arc that showed us its unravelling under Dooku and Ventress—but rather that breaking it has natural consequences. In most cases, the consequence is that the weaker students will join together to overcome the master. Then if there are more than two students, they will probably betray each other until some kind of truce is made. This is exactly what happened to Snoke. Kylo saw in Rey and in their connection a potential for a new way, a new order founded by them. So he killed Snoke. But that is not so much a Sith quality as it is to be expected from any dark siders.

On a side note, it's interesting that, unlike Palpatine, Snoke had no intention of having Rey replace Kylo. He was planning to have her killed along with Luke as soon as possible.

24. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

EXACTLY! Again unless TROS opening Crawl states "Kylo Ren now Dark Lord of the Sith" though my suspicions are that Kylo isn't a Sith in 9.......But that doesn't mean he might not be trying to become one ;p

25. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

So someone from SDCC posted the description for the Sith Trooper

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2019
    BigAl6ft6 and PCCViking like this.