main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The EPISODE IX - Rise of Skywalker - Thread - Untagged Spoilers Allowed!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ghost, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    We've also got a short promo video of the stormtrooper exhibit, which includes Abrams talking about the Sith troopers, and some shots of the costume being made. Also, I think an actual shot of one from the film towards the end.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  2. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    Off of the description, it seems like it might be the new standard armor, which is good. I would like to see the FO branch off into its own thing. Still taking after the Empire, but not a total copy of it.

3. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    I've always wanted Red troopers since I first learned of the Coruscant guard from SOTE.

vncredleader and Iron_lord like this.
  4. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Apparently this is a wookipedia article and was mentioned in the Art of TLJ book. https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Intellectual_Property_Development_Group

Famous members include
    Dave Filoni
    Pablo Hildalgo
    Kiri Hart
    And apparently they invited Rian Johnson to join during the development of TLJ

and also apparently Michelle Rejwan was part of it since 2015, curious how they different from the Story Group....I guess one is formal the other is informal IDK?

I mention it here because it is part of the filming process.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2019
    Xammer likes this.
  5. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Some fun tidbits about the giant poster at Celebration this year that I found via twitter.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2019
  6. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    The Top Gun sequel with Old Maverick is really making me wish they had been able to cut a deal with Denis Lawson. Can you imagine Wedge flying in, stacking TIEs like cord wood and making Poe look like some amateur bush pilot who just got his first skyhopper?

7. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Imagine a dire situation with most of Poes squadron shot down and him as last one up in the air as Kylo Ren in true Skywalker style also takes out Poes ship who barely manages to evac and get to safety as they hear new arrivals to the battle: Old school X-Wings, outdated and someone on the ground recognises them: "That's Rogue Squadron!"
    "Shouldn't they be retired by now?"
    Wedge over comm: "Let's show these schoolboys how we defeated an Empire!"
    and then you only hear a far off Yubyub over the comm unit and wonder what an Ewok is doing in there :p

I had a similiar idea regarding some Jedi:

Knights of Ren and Kylo corner Rey telling her she is outnumbered. Nowhere left to run. Then all around them you hear the sounds of lightsabers snaphissing to life (akin to Geonosis Arena in AOTC) and you see familiar EU faces among them as out of the shadows steps none other than a slightly blueish hued Luke Skywalker himself to Kylos shocked face quoting himself: "Noone is truly ever gone!"

But both won't happen, this time they have to pass the torch... not have the past safe the future again via old guys taking over from failed next generation.

8. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    While I do get the torch passing thing... having Wedge show up with Rogue Squadron in the middle of the final space battle would be epic. Like Unifying Force when everybody who is anybody comes to the fight.

9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    The problem with that is that only Legends fans really care about Wedge and even many of them probably don't know which one of all of the background actors is supposed to be Wedge so the big ha-ha of that would be lost to many.

I think it's more likely that we will see ewoks than Wedge.

Alpha-Red and V-2 like this.
  10. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013

So long one of those Ewoks is in an X-Wing and named Lt. Ketch!

If they show Ewoks in the movie, Chief Wicket better bring Kneesa and other known Ewoks to the big screen! And I need other Endor critters like superfast Yuzzum taking out First Order troopers before they even know it!

Then Episode IX ends with Rey finding a mysterious fancy ring in the Endor woods.. picks it up and turns into a Raven and flies away. Cue Charal laughter over credits and the next trilogy dealing with the Rise of the Nightsisters, the Search for Rey and the battle of the rings, Snoke's vs. Charal's each worn by Kylo and Rey.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  11. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I don’t know, during RO when gold leader and red leader appear, that maybe got some of the biggest cheers in my theatre. And Wedge is probably more well known than them for general audiences.

12. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    I think a lot of the Millennial-and-earlier generations are aware of the term "Rogue Squadron".

13. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Denis Lawson already turned down the chance to be Wedge. I highly doubt he wants to do stuff where he just sits in a cockpit and says a few lines (he did say he thought a ST appearance would be "boring", the quote is somewhere online).

I think they'd have to get Wedge his own spinoff movie or Disney+ series (Agents of the New Republic? Wedge and Poe? Rogue Squadron: The Movie/Series?) to get Denis Lawson back.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    PCCViking likes this.
  14. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    You're discounting the service of all those hardworking YouTubers who will explain to the audience who Wedge is and why he's worth being excited about after they've skimmed Wookieepedia.

Maybe even skimmed it twice!

Havac , Darth_Duck, DelRiego and 3 others like this.
  15. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    That was misreported, according to Lawson himself.

DelRiego, BigAl6ft6, sidv88 and 2 others like this.
  16. DelRiego

DelRiego Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Well call him up then!

Although he doesn't do conventions and stuff right? He's somewhat detached from the franchise

17. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    He went to the Celebration before last -- his first one, and seemed to enjoy himself.

DelRiego likes this.
  18. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Hey look, Sleemo posted the translated Japanese promo for Ep 9

19. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    [​IMG]

20. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I am Star Wars.....Snap.

DANCE BATTLE :p

[​IMG]

21. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013

22. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    ^ "I Ship Us" in that bit is genius

23. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    They should end Reylo once and for all with Kylo having a romantic scene with his Knight of Ren girlfriend at the beginning of 9.

24. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    So opening crawl fades, pan down to Adam Driver and Matt Smith making out aggressively.

25. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    and when he tries to put Snokes ring on Matt's finger, proposing to him... chaos ensues as something awakens :p cue Palpatine laughter. We figured it out now!