main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The EPISODE IX - Rise of Skywalker - Thread - Untagged Spoilers Allowed!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ghost, Mar 1, 2018.

1. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
  2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
  3. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2019
    JediFett10, PCCViking and AusStig like this.
  4. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Yeah, what Carrie's brother says in that article is what a lot of folks were saying after the last film. The guy sitting next to me in the theater even muttered something to that effect. It would have been amazing.

5. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I'm gonna be honest, I'm a bit torn on the topic.

(Put in spoilers in case it's spoilers???)

On the one hand, Leia being "The Last Jedi" would be awesome cuz Leia deserves just....The best!

But on the other hand...I feel the spotlight needs to go to the next generation and Rey, now obviously Leia being "The Jedi Master" would have again been...AMAZING, but IDK...I feel like it seems stronger to pass it on to Rey and the next generation and get a clean break.

Of course I always suspected that if any of the OT were to go on Leia would have been it given just the overall direction they have taken her character post RoTJ.

So again....Torn.

darthzac14 likes this.
  6. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I'll be honest, I always assumed Luke meant two things. Obviously Rey, and that the Jedi Order would rise again one day. Leia never really entered my mind, in all honesty.

7. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I mean the fact that they cut to Rey the second that line was spoken was my dead give away.

Granted I've heard inklings and these are really just hearsay rumors that Trevorrow seemed to be focusing more on Luke and Leia in his script (Even a weird rumor that he wanted to resurrect Luke by the end) and why again...Give Leia EVERYTHING because she has earned it, it did kinda sound like the new characters were getting the shaft.

Hard to tell if that is true or not and execution is key but...Will never know.

8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm assuming his knowledge of the situation is probably based upon the Trevorrow draft. But I think Leia being the legacy lead in the 3rd movie makes sense considering we got a Han ST movie and a Luke ST movie. (Personally, I view it as Han is still a steadfast supporting character in TFA and in Last Jedi, Luke's the damn lead cuz he's Luke Skywalker, dangit)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    Fallen Jedi Master likes this.
  9. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I mean yes theoretically each ST movie was gonna be about the OT 3 (Han,Luke and Leia) and while I do think Leia will have a presence in TROS it sadly won't be as physical as it would have been had Carrie been alive. But that doesn't mean it still won't be about Leia.

10. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Looks like Doomcock sources say there were 3 different movies Test screened and my god it sounds like a cluster that Lucas is trying to save. Caution major spoilers

Side note I cant believe they thought one of those things changed was a good idea in the first place. No wonder it got changed. You know what I mean when you play the video [face_hypnotized]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    How reliabel is the information in the video?

12. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    In the video he says he got the same information independently from 3 different sources and he has been ok with stuff in the past.

13. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Oh, oh, oh, ask SuperShadow next!

Havac likes this.
  14. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    To be fair he's got a better record than SS

15. Sly442

Sly442 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 27, 2018
    It's really interesting how those "sorts" of channels have developed their own style of thumbnails. Did they form independently or were they influenced by one another? Could that influence be traced to one source? If so who is to blame for that ugly style of thumbnails and when will the Nerd Crew make fun of them?

16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    BS alert, theese youtube videos is just as bad supershadow and mike zeroh![face_laugh]

Farlion likes this.
  17. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Well personally, I think having George come back and rescue there chestnuts from the fire after what Iger has recently openly admitted, will be a truly delicious irony imo :D

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  18. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Which is exactly why these clickbait YouTubers have made it up, to reinforce the Disney Bad Lucas Good narrative. Hey, maybe Lucas will reinstate Legends and bring Luke back to life as well, and he'll give us our childhoods back!

Outsourced and Fifi Kenobi like this.
  19. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Lucas is probably sipping piƱa coladas on a tropical island somewhere and completely oblivious to everything right now.

20. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    On a serious note, though, I'm pretty sure Lucas has moved on by now. Or at least let go. I think some need to take a leaf out of his book, rather than just continuing to #### stir to create trouble that only hurts SW in the long run.

Outsourced likes this.
  21. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Luke was already dead in Legends anyway per Legacy. I'm sure the reason they never talked about how he died was because Legends Luke also killed himself in an embarrassing Force projection gone wrong. An anticlimactic end to a "Legend(s)"-ary life.

fett 4 likes this.
  22. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Well, everyone's dead in Legacy (besides Krayt and K'Kruhk) because it takes place in the future.

AusStig, Gamiel and Jedi Ben like this.
  23. Farlion

Farlion Jedi Padawan

Oct 30, 2019
    Youtubers are the new tabloids.

24. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Only 100 years in the future? [face_tired] https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Teta_(Duke)/Legends

25. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    YouTube man told me things m! Must be true