main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The EPISODE IX - Rise of Skywalker - Thread - Untagged Spoilers Allowed!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ghost, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    We can all dream. I just hope BDW is in good enough health to come back if he is asked to reprise Lando.

2. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Or instead of just inserting Lando into the movie as is, maybe they could have written a movie whose plot could incorporate Lando?

It's not like the exact sequence of events as shown in TFA/TLJ are real-world events that could not be altered in any way and are the single possible route that any post-ROTJ film being written from scratch could have followed.

Valin__Kenobi, V-2, Havac and 4 others like this.
  3. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Couldn't Holdos role in 8 have been filled by Lando...?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

4. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    So that we could have everyone kvetching about how they killed Lando too? No thanks.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

jSarek and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  5. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    i wouldn't mind if at the end of Episode IX we get a epilogue ala Rebels. that way if they really wanted to, they can do a major time skip for Episode X-XII.

6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    It would have been a double offence - first, they turn Lando into a git then they kill him off.

Nope.

7. The Raddinator

The Raddinator Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2017
    It also wouldn't make any sense, just as doing it with Ackbar wouldn't make sense; it has to be a character who Poe doesn't really know or know much about for him to have absolutely no trust in and go rogue. That's not going to happen with anyone who was flying with Poe's parents at Endor. (And also, on a dramatic level, someone the audience doesn't really know. Part of the whole purpose of that plot for the audience is that we trust Poe and mistrust Holdo, which we wouldn't with Lando.)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  8. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Yeah, good point. I guess Wedge wouldn't work for the same reasons.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  9. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Oh, but imagine the subversive possibilities! Lando, suave, rebel, entrepreur - becomes dyed-in-the-wool, stuffy super-by-the-rules bastard and then, when you think that's all he is, he makes the supreme sacrifice! Isn't it brilliant?

And Wedge? Wedge "Eternal Survivor" Antilles? Well, you expected him to survive the long retreat and Battle of Crait, didn't you? So we then splatted him with a Gorilla Walker, aren't we daring and iconoclastic?

10. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008
    Most redemptive plot, IMHO? Kylo was lying out his ears about Rey's parentage.

That, or I want Episode IX: Darth Millicent versus the Porg Army. :p

11. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    It’s Rey who tells Kylo she knows they were no one.

The Raddinator likes this.
  12. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    I'd like some animated characters to get cameos

13. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    Give that man a contract RIGHT NOW

14. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Hmm... Episode IX:

Rey is storming Kylo's citadel, when she faces 2 of the Knights of Ren. They pull off their masks to reveal an old Togruta lady and an old man... Ahsoka and Ezra... :ahsoka::ezra:

Ezra pulls out Luke's green lightsaber.

Ezra: This lightsaber was taken from the Jedi temple during the fall of the New Republic. Since then many Jedi have died upon its blade. Prepare yourself to join them!

15. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Agreed, it is an ingenious concept.

Also, so very apt: A cat Sith Lord.

16. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008
    [face_blush] I'm flattered, really ... but I'd be too tempted to try and revive Legends or something. [face_whistling]

That said, Sith!Milly would be quite a promising web comic, if Disney would permit it. Unfortunately, I have nil drawing ability. :p

17. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  18. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Umm, why wait so long to train Leia? Good old Hamill is at it again. [face_laugh]

19. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Yeah, I don't really know what to make of Hamill's assertion there. It's a little odd Luke would suddenly start training Leia when they're both old and grey, and besides which, Carrie's death would have nullified that plotline just as much as whatever Treverrow's version was going to be.

20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    The way better Hamill quote I think is him going out and saying go with Force Ghost Luke Horror story

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2018/03/...r-wars-horror-movie-about-a-force-ghost?watch

Oddly, he's phrasing it in a humourous manner but it'd be interesting it Luke Force Ghost was more active. Like we got Yoda blowin' up trees and so forth. But if you continue down that path, we get to abandoned ROTJ Lucas ideas like Obi-Wan and Yoda returning from the Force but Lucas ditched it to have Luke go it alone. But that's not to say we can't see Force ghost Luke do it something different. I think even though Abrams is slavish to certain conventions, just having Luke do a Force ghost pep talk and that's all might be a bit of a letdown.

Okay, the Haunting of Kylo Ren by Luke Skywalker. Ya, do that.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  21. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    That IGN article is clearly just taking a couple quotes out of the interview they did to get the clicks they want. How out of context those quotes are we really don't know since I don't think the entire interview is being posted. I have seen a enough of Hamill's interviews though to know that the majority of the stuff he says is just meant to be tongue in cheek and not to be taken seriously. It seems these articles want his quotes to be taken as seriously as possible.

In anycase I'd take grumpy old Luke who is in a state of depression because he felt he has done the galaxy more harm than good anyday over a Luke that head scratchingly waits 30 years to train his sister.

22. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Well Luke being depressed and isolated was part of Lucas's vision too.

As for Leia, it's because she didn't want to finish the training earlier.

I wonder if Lucas wanted to kill Kira/Rey in 8 (instead of Luke), and THAT would convince Luke to come out of hiding and train more Jedi.

23. Xander Vos

Xander Vos Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2013
    "Turn him into.."? Do you know his character from the OT at all?

24. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Be fair now, he got better. Chewie choking him probably helped.

Xander Vos likes this.
  25. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Well again that IGN article is so vague that we really can't say what Hamill was even talking about. Was he talking about the treatments that he was writing for the sell to Disney or was he talking about the stuff he had in mind for a potential ST back in the '80's when the OT actors were still young? I have a feeling that Luke being secluded on an island and then training a young Kira/Rey is not part of the same story as him training an older Leia in the ST.

ChrisLyne likes this.