main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The EPISODE IX - Rise of Skywalker - Thread - Untagged Spoilers Allowed!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ghost, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Look sir, Neimoidians!

I suppose I would have rebelled if there was no desert planet in the reportedly last Star Wars sequel film.

2. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I wouldn't get too excited about the Neimoidians just yet, Coffee, as using cutouts just reminds me of all the Canto Bight concept art with familiar aliens.

3. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    They're not Neimoidians. The faces look longer, almost horse-like.

4. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

They could be church of the force nomads

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  5. jedisor

jedisor Jedi Master star 2

Apr 22, 2011
    Maybe they're concept Neimoidians.
    [​IMG]

6. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Maybe they're Duros. I might even go so far as to speculate whether they're Cad Bane, but I hear his Durosity is in doubt.

7. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Oh man if they are Duros does that mean we can get Thrawn? Maybe these are those force sensitive navigators

8. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    He's Duros.

9. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Here's something interesting no one brings up in some of these Making Star Wars articles

Keeps saying J.J is re-writing the script during shooting even Dominic Monaghan says it himself that he is re-writing the script in a interview (Maybe he'll have a bigger role than expected) ...The wonders of movie making never cease. Also (Though i doubt it) maybe will get a L3 reference with Lando since the script isn't set in stone.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2018
  10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    TFA had some reshoots which I never quite nailed down but I think Rey and Finn stuff was rewritten/reshot after the first round so JJ is definitely someone who tinkers with the movie as it goes. the only locked script he shot was, like, Star Trek and that was just because there was a writer's strike.

11. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I know for a fact that when Harrison had his plane accident JJ went back and used the free time to do some massive re-write of the script, again back in the day "From what i hear" a lot of TFA was about following the "Journey of Luke's lightsaber" plus some stuff with Leia was cut like the Warhammer ship. Plus you are right on the Rey/Finn stuff.

Plus not to mention originally Poe was gonna die though i don't know how far in they were before they changed that.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2018
    Dr. Steve Brule and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  12. Hamburger_Time

Hamburger_Time Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2010
    Reshoots are very common in any film.

13. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I still have a feeling Poe is going to die. JJ has to scratch that itch! Like Lando dying would be too obvious and I'd say there's a chance Leia might die simply due to the limited about of footage they have for Carrie. Although she could survive the film and the one who bites it is Poe because JJ wanted to kill him off in the 1st draft!

14. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Ah, but to invoke the logic of General Melchett, because it's so obvious is what will make it so surprising!

MrDarth0 and vncredleader like this.
  15. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    But if the fact that it is obvious makes it more surprising, therefore more likely - then would that not then mean that NOT doing it would be more surprising?

BigAl6ft6 and MrDarth0 like this.
  16. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Quit being Blackadder to my Melchett VN!

vncredleader and Gamiel like this.
  17. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    [​IMG]

18. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Looks like we'll be going back to Jakku in IX (unless its Tatooine or some new desert planet). It could be a flashback to Rey's past, but it could also be related to that dark side shrine/source from the Empire's End novel. Perhaps IX will end where it began.

Then again, if I would be a cynic, I could also say that JJ is just copying the OT again. We went back to Taooine in ROTJ, so we have to go back to Jakku in IX. In ROTJ we went to save Han, in IX maybe Rey will go back to Jakku to find Unkar Plutt to get information about her parents out of him, to find out if Ben was saying the truth.

I just hope the ending of IX won't be a giant space battle over some unfinished super weapon, where Rey will be fighting the Knights of Ren while Ben will be sitting on a throne cackling like a madman and at the last moment, when the Knights of Ren will be ready to finish Rey off, he'll realise he doesn't actually want to kill her and he'll turn back to the light and save her, the FO is defeated, there's a big party with tons of Force ghosts including Luke and Anakin...

Actually, now that I think about it, I wouldn't mind seeing a giant space battle, and Rey fighting Knights of Ren, and Anakin and Luke, and Obi-Wan, and Yoda, and Qui-Gon as Force ghosts again :)

Jedi Princess and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  19. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    As always, my prerequisites for enjoying a Star Wars show/movie are thus:

1. Someone activates a lightsaber at some point
    2. Starfighters.

As long as both are fulfilled I am a happy Button. Hence, why I've enjoyed the main saga films 1-8, Rogue One, Solo, TCW, and Rebels. I'm sure if EPIX has these two things it will be fantastic in my eyes.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  20. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    What if someone turns on a lightsaber while flying a starfighter? Will your head explode?

MrDarth0 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  21. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    This was actually in concept art for TFA. Rey (or Kira at that point, I guess) flying an X-wing in an open cockpit below another starship, holding up her lightsaber to slice into its belly. Considering how unused concept art seems to be recycled a lot now, and there are some IX rumors that also seem to come from unused TFA art, maybe we'll see this concept get used.

Revanfan1, Kylun and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  22. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I'd want something like this with Rey in the inverted starship turning on her lightsaber to take out the other starship below her.

[​IMG]

Revanfan1, Kylun and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  23. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Oh, we'll get better than that. We'll have Rey in a starfighter with a whole circle of lightsabers surrounding the starfighter in space levitated by Rey's sheer Force willpower. If she runs out of photon torpedoes, she'll just use the Force to hurl a lightsaber at the enemy ship instead. Rey's strength in the Force will be so strong that these floating lightsabers will even journey on and survive jumps into hyperspace. :bluesaber::greensaber::bluesaber::greensaber::bluesaber::greensaber:

This circle of lightsabers will even deflect enemy fire making the shields unnecessary.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  24. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    You are precisely JJ Abrams’s target audience.

25. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Boo to us wanting fun adventures with lightsabers and starfighters in our fun adventure series about lightsabers and starfighters!