main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The EPISODE IX - Rise of Skywalker - Thread - Untagged Spoilers Allowed!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ghost, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I look these because I just want SOMETHING to chew on until we got some concrete information about 9....Like a title.

2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    It seems it could be true, i love all these new info and it seems we could have enjoyable movie for all fans.

3. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Clickbaits create expectations and the fans go wild. Then they go crazy when the clickbaits are wrong!

4. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    In this case it isn't clickbait, though. I'm sure other sites will be using it as clickbait, but the information on Reddit was given in good faith by a proven source.

5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think this is true, nothing to revealing. And this could pease evryone, episode 9 will be very fanservice i believe.

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Fanservice for me is Leia, Ben and Rey restoring the Family of Ones, a Clone Palpatine appearing and revealing that he was Snoke all along, Ben taking the title of Darth Caedus, Ahsoka returning to train Rey and die stopping Snoke 2.0, and the Imperials led by Thrawn overthrowing the First Order and announcing that the position of Emperor is now an elected one.

I can’t see any of those things happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    Too bad this couldn’t be 45 ABY Legends Luke’s dream and then he wakes up.

8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I wonder how much JJ is doing his whole setting up Bad Robot to be a major brand player while also directing episode IX as well. Weekends must be busy!

I like how the article mentions they're having a formal courtesy meeting with Paramount who JJ basically spurned almost his entire contract to go play with Star Wars and Disney. Must be a fun meeting. "Hey, you guys want me back for more money?" "Get the %$$# out of my office!"

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  9. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    This is going to sound dumb, but what's stopping them following Luke's journey into the afterlife? Like a whole part of this film could be Luke going on some sort of weird other-universe trip.

We EXPECT Luke to ghost-troll the heck out of Kylo ("see you around kid"). So when the audience expects something, usually the fun part is doing something entirely different. Luke expects he can just show up and pester Kylo like Yoda did to him, but maybe the afterlife has other plans.

Maybe that's why Anakin hasn't been able to contact Kylo. Maybe something happened. The Force fell asleep, I dunno.

GASP what if... Anakin and Luke go on an adventure together in the afterlife? And that's half the plot, and they're keeping it a secret? I'm not a big Hayden fan, but I can see him teaming up humorously with Mark Hamill.

10. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I don’t think your far off

What if Kylo wants to follow Luke into the afterlife to get closure since he was not able to truly kill Luke on Crait

His whole beef is with Luke going back to TFA and the map

11. Yunzabit

Apr 5, 2015
    That would be dope.

12. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    would be dope but Luke's not the main character so were not getting a lot of him Rey Rey and Benny boy are our main characters so were not having a big Traveling the Force Journey with luke. We might touch on it thou

13. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Guys what if Zorba the Hutt is in this? And Hux's mother is revealed to be Grand Moff Hissa somehow?

I joke but I unironically enjoyed the Jedi Prince series when I was a young'n and would be happy if some elements of that showed up in a Star Wars movie.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    Nom von Anor and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  14. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  15. Hamburger_Time

Hamburger_Time Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2010
    Eager to see what he does. After Can You Ever Forgive Me? I am very pro-Richard E. Grant.

16. Yunzabit

Apr 5, 2015
    Well it’s getting closer to the date Episode 8’s title was announced. Maybe Disney will pull an Attack of the Clones and reveal it next week.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  17. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    When was The Last Jedi's title announced?

18. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

This isn’t a spoiler but it is based on things that borderline it so I’m gonna put a spoiler tag just in case.

latest speculation on Grant character is he’s a Tarkin :p

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  19. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    January 23, 2017.

That Telegraph article states...
    "...until the trailer and title of the forthcoming Episode IX are revealed in April" but April seems like quite a long wait (relatively, at least) for the title announcement, no? Footage, sure, but... hmm. Well, I can be patient! But I'll appreciate whatever they decide to share.

20. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    Oh so yeah, if they follow that schedule, we should find out soon! I can't see them waiting until April for a title. I'd assume they'd announce that before the trailer, unless the title is supposed to be part of the surprise

21. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    A Mysterious Moff and Kylo Ren force their way into a seedy Cantina.

Mysterious Moff points to Kylo Ren and yells at the bartender:

He wants the finest wines in the galaxy! He wants them here and he wants them now!

PCCViking likes this.
  22. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Never thought about the idea of the FO actually starting to re-appoint Moffs not that they have power.

23. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    This isn't the type of convesation you have when you're going to tell someone they're playing a Tarkin. This type of intense ceremonial buildup can only mean one thing.

Richard Grant is playing Palpatine's son. More specifically, because there can only be one son, Triclops.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  24. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I'm down for that...People always say the ST takes from the Jedi Prince Books for reasons I'm not sure why...Let's sweeten the deal and go full out!

But in all seriousness, the fact the Emperor has had little presence in the ST would be nice to see him get more recognition.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2019
  25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    whenever there's discussions about potential

Palpatine progeny I always get frightened and sick that he had ladies who got it on with him. Well, okay, maybe his suave Senator Palpatine years, okay, but his Emperor-ship years, yikes!