main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The EPISODE IX - Rise of Skywalker - Thread - Untagged Spoilers Allowed!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ghost, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    Aftermath did more than vaguely hint at a dark influence over Ben. The final book, Empire’s End, includes this exchange between Tashu (Palpatine’s advisor) and Rax:

Palpatine lives on. We will find him again out there in the dark. Everything has arranged itself as our Master foretold. All things move toward the great design. The sacrifices have all been made.” Not all of them, Rax thinks. “You must be clothed in the raiment of darkness,” Rax says. “The mantle of the dark side is yours to wear, at least for a time. At least until we can find Palpatine and revivify him, bringing his soul back to flesh anew.” This is all a lie, of course. He believes none of it. It is a ruse sold to Tashu.
    At the time it seemed like nothing, a lie, like Rax says. Or extreme fanaticism on Tashu’s end. It may still be, but it certainly takes on a new light now.

Outsourced, Revanfan1, Vialco and 8 others like this.
  2. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

So this has been a thing for a while...Don’t trust it, but it’s be passed around

Considering he got most of the TFA stuff wrong it’s probably fake, yet strangely the plot does seem very Abrams in tone. But I guess one can really make a good made up leak if they think it through.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2019
  3. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    If this is true, it may be what Star Wars needs. A dark dangerous world where the First Order runs everything and Kylo is god. 3 valiant characters on a mission where they don't even know what they're doing.

Perhaps the only good thing to come from the decision not to build a new Jedi Order is that the safety net is gone. Not a fan of Luke not rebuilding the Jedi in 30 years, but now that it's done they might as well go all the way. Even in the darkest moments of the EU (Vong War, Legacy), the Jedi were always there to mop things up and restore the status quo. K'Kruhk and T'ra Saa literally showed up out of nowhere to help Cade out!

If the summary here of 9 is true, there will be no safety net. It's just Rey, Poe, and Finn against a galaxy that worships the dark side. And this probably parallels the way a lot of people feel about their place in the world now in 2019.

DelRiego likes this.
  4. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Some possible hints for the ST from Master and Apprentice

and yes I have confirmed that these lines are real, not fake, they are in the book

MrDarth0 and Ghost like this.
  5. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    So it's basically the Doctor Who episode where the Master is defeated by everyone praying to David Tennant.

6. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    It's like everyone's forgotten Snoke now. They should just produce 'Snoke: A Star Wars Story' and Disney can watch in shock as it brings in more money than Solo ever did.

V-2 and Alpha-Red like this.
  7. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Yoda's true origin = time displaced Dobby!Luke.

Dr. Steve Brule and Trip like this.
  8. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Nah, Kylo wanted to know the dark side so...... here it is!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  9. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Oh dang! It is....Though I want it be like Series 4 with the Return of Davros...Whose my favorite Doctor Who villain.

10. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    It won't be like either of those. Friendly Professor Sid is living at peace on Endor when Kylo Ren and the Knights of Ren show up and tell him to open that holocron he's had for the past 30 years.

Kylo: Can I have a look at that?
    Sid: Oh, it's only an old holocron. Like me.
    Kylo: Where did you get it?
    Sid: Hmm? I was found with it.
    Kylo: What do you mean?
    Sid: I washed up on the coast of the Blue Star Lake after the Battle of Endor. Abandoned, with only this.
    Kylo: Have you opened it?
    Sid: Why would I? It's broken.
    Kylo: How do you know it's broken if you've never opened it?

Rey: Professor! Professor, where are you?! Professor! Professor, are you there? Please, I need to explain. Whatever you do, don't open that holocron.

Eventually the Professor opens the holocron. When he turns around, his eyes are yellow. :emperor:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    Dr. Steve Brule likes this.
  11. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

While I don't see them making these sorts of connections at least in a deep cut way. I am curious of the KoR (If in the film) are more interested in resurrecting Palpatine while Kylo is interesting in doing his own thing.

I mean in Aftermath the Acoyltes of the Beyond are founded by Palpatine's more radical and fanatical advisor, and despite him modeling them off of Darth Vader, Yupe Tashu was a Sidious man through and through.

Also who is familiar with Legend of Korra Season 2 .....I have a feeling that final battle is gonna inspire the final battle of Episode 9.

Rey is the Avatar of the Light Side, Kylo is the Avatar of the Darkside.

Sidious is Vaatu

The Force Ghost are Raava

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2019
    Dawud786 likes this.
  12. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Who?

Grey1 likes this.
  13. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Re: spoiler mentioned above

So... Rey broadcasts the story of Luke Skywalker that many people already know, and that solves their problems? Like Hux listens to it with a tear in his eye and decides not to blow up the next Resistance-loyal planet? Broomboy and people like him listen to it and think, why that's a story I... have heard before... but I didn't hear the part about Luke trying to kill his nephew. Wow, that's dark. No wait, maybe she stops at ROTJ. So it's generally the story they already knew.

Or is it a message? Like Luke sending a message of hope to everyone? Like no politician has done that before *cough*Palpatine*cough*. Or maybe it's because he's a good guy and a hero it has that extra oomph, like a Captain America educational video?

This is the time when someone says, "well you haven't seen it yet, so maybe it's not all that bad, and you'll change your mind." And I'm like "no I've already ruined it for myself."

This is why I like spoilers... hopefully most of them are not true so we can imagine alternate universes where they, are to pass the time.

14. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Oh, oh, oh! In the alternate universe in which it's accurate-ish I can already see the million thinkpieces on how the ST is a "story about storytelling" coupled with headlines that end with, "and that's okay".

15. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    I myself miss the one where Snoke was actually the Prime Jedi who created the Jedi, and that's why Luke had to end them. The whole religion was a sham used to repress enough super-powered people (no attachments, etc.) until they turned to the Dark Side.

Link1130 likes this.
  16. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

17. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Given all the talk on how to unite the galaxy once and for all... some thoughts i had:

A) unification against a bigger evil appearing: possible but sounds more like the beginning of a new saga against said evil than the end of here it comes, all unite and boom evil is done for and all stay together (how (un)realistic)

B) unification due to being tired of war: we see signs of apathy and the galaxy belittleing the extremist battles between Resistance and First Order as the rest ignores them so far and nobody coming to help. this is not a unifying factor but a peaceful anarchy more likely

C) unification due to the past being seen in a new light due to new revelations: now this is interesting and might come into play. What reveal could do that? What story would be believed and not doubted instantly? Half the galaxy does not believe in Jedi and Forcesuperstitions and the other half does not mind darksiders bringing order. Most do not care for family revelations or Skywalkers and those who do care most likely want to see them dead... so what tale could do the deeds? What reveal?

D) Unifying people behind you is a tough task and risks them not being ready but blindly following only to fall apart once you are gone again. You should not force them to or lead them to a goal but have them see and want to reach it themselves and work towards it to make it lasting. (Help vs. help to help yourself problem, see third world in real life). We need no Skywalker dynasty of godly leaders descended from the Force itself.

E) In contrast to that, unifying people against you is easy, though you may not like that kind of life and as soon as you are gone to unite them against you, they stray and infight again. The Evil never dies trope and is neccessary for everything to work. Perpetual war and peace only exists in small pockets temporarily here and there. Peace and balance of mind is the goal, not of the galaxy entire. (Darth Caedus tried in Legends)

The galaxy split apart during the Separatist crisis turned Clone War.
    The Empire reconquered it save for one tiny (Asterix-esque) holdout of Rebellion.
    Said Rebellion overthrew the Empire and retook half the galaxy with other states emerging alongside it, fracturing the galaxy further.
    Imperial holdouts turned First Order grew like cancer in secret and in hiding until the New Republic split apart as well as its precedessor before.
    Cold War turned hot, and new Resistance fought back. Yet the majority of the galaxy was indifferent and not participating, not coming to help. No volunteers for Resistance, no recruits for the First Order.
    Territories were held nominally more than practically as battles were fought here and there without major frontlines or clashes aside hit and run strikes.
    The driving opposite ideologies found both fewer and fewer followers.
    Some wait for a savior, others try to save themselves. Some believe in order by force for no natural order will present itself, nature is chaos.

People no more followed Leias call for help, nor the loyality to a long dead Emperor as Cpt Doza on Resistance and other former Imperials defied the First Order. The battles of the older generations are over and the new young generation needs to sort out the path into the future now and as to how balance freedom and order through control and just what level that balance will be that all can accept.

In my opinion, Kylo Ren's Redemption is happening, but it will ultimately not matter given like with Vader in ROTJ, who'd have forgiven him? Like Ulic Quel Droma in Legends, personal redemption does not equal galactic forgiveness and leads rather to exile and lonesome waiting for destiny to catch up with a new apprentice in the future.
    With two Republics already failed, a third won't happen. Also no second Empire will take place. Regions may remain that keep republican and imperial structures alive, to each his/her own. But overall, neither side will force their system on others. What is needed is a way to allow them to coexist and people to leave and choose any system they want. For otherwise people would intend to free those without choice and it starts again. Choice is needed. Not overall union on a system.

However politics turn out, this movie ends the Skywalker Saga, not Star Wars. So will Leia die? Will Kylo remain without offspring? Will Rey should she be related to the family somehow? Ending the Skywalker Saga screams ending the family, if not through death then through no next generation. Harsh but one way to do it. Another would be, let them exist on for millennia, just not as important as their ancestors. Holy bloodlines and heroic family vanishing into the vast web of history and diluted bloodlines of later generations. History as example may fit but harder to sell for everyone wants to bring them back at one point then... or do a Dan Brown style story of a hidden Skywalker lineage protected by a secret order of Forcewielders ala Prioré de Scion and Knights Templar guarding the holy grail...

Enough of listing options... discuss if interested.

DelRiego likes this.
  18. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Ah, at last! The truth is out about Rey and Ren's Force ability - Getafix has been active and is supplying both sides!

DelRiego, AusStig and ColeFardreamer like this.
  19. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

You know with all the discourse you gotta wonder if JJ is gonna try and pull a fast one and essentially find a ending for Kylo that satisfies the Bendemption folk but also the No Redemption folks so that both sides can be happy.

He is a vagueness kinda guy so I can at least see him attempt to do it.

20. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    So Kylo will overdose and turn to stone? (One of Uderzo's better issues, as Goscinny never elaborated what exactly would happen to Obelix if he overdosed on potion. It was interesting to find out.)

21. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

We have more weird spoilerness

“Force Flash Fights.”

(From the Article)
    "Essentially when Rey and Kylo Ren first meet again in The Rise of Skywalker. When they encounter one another again in the film, they’ve both become considerably more powerful. Perhaps when angry or determined they can do what Snoke did for them, link to one another but because of the context the outcome is different. Instead of intimate moments the backgrounds appears to change between places we have seen in Star Wars before. From what I understand, they end up back where where they started and Kylo does something after the encounter which I’ll talk about soon, I hope".

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2019
  22. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013

sounds like a natural progression from TFA and TLJ... TFA had minds bridged and each read others mind. TLJ had them Force Skype over distance, turning into Force Virtual touching and physical raindrops passing through. TLJ also had Luke project himself. Now if Rise of Skywalker continues that increasing trend, its only natural that Rey and Kylo become the avatars of light and darkness and are able to teleport.

Force as a Window: TFA allows them to see into each other close up.
    Force as an open Window with Wifi: TLJ allows them to see and talk to each other over distance and hints at physical connection possible.
    Force as a Door: TLJ shows Luke
    Force as an open Door to pass through: Force teleportation in midfight to various places. It's like opening the World between Worlds without use of a temple by sheer will and using its full power across all of time and space as the ultimate battle ensues.

Next up: Timetravel! As No one is ever truly gone... they accidentally bring Palpatine back? And then unite to undo their mistake and agree after finishing him off to never do that again, too risky. (Where have I read that before? Ah yes... Harry Potter and the Cursed Child!)

DelRiego likes this.
  23. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    It's not a bad idea that this could be how Palpatine figures in. If the idea is that, like the World Between Worlds, the Force allows access to all of time and space, Rey and Kylo dipping in to this cosmic arena could have the unforeseen consequence of Palpatine's spirit observing them...like Sauron able to see Frodo whenever he puts the ring on. Palpatine's drawn to their power as a means of escaping the netherworld and back into the mortal realm.

Maybe.

Or, y'know, we'll just get a flashback of him doing Sithy things.

ColeFardreamer likes this.
  24. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    So the fallen Jedi son of Leia and Han will learn a Force technique enabling him to go into the past and influence the history of a dark sider, as part of a story where events from the previous movies are shown? Hmm... where have I heard that before?

25. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I'm not sure were people are getting Time Travel from...I take it more like the Force back when Rey touches the Lightsaber....Just images of various places and things of importance but not actually traveling there ala Time Travel.

Krueger likes this.