main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The EPISODE IX - Rise of Skywalker - Thread - Untagged Spoilers Allowed!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ghost, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    Talzin probably looked close to ventress though with her own twist when she was younger but For myself I always Headcanoned that she looked like a mix between

Wuya's human form from the old Xiaolin Showdown cartoon
    [​IMG]

Ekira Anisworth from Fate 3drei
    [​IMG]

illana from GL the animated series.
    [​IMG]
    When she was younger.

I think Sheev and her had more of a thing then plagueis. Plagueis strikes me as someone who would probably only find his own race attractive .

I don't know how canon this is but its the only other piece we get lately for plagueis (baring the tease in Vader by Charles soule's buring seas that Master barr has holo video of plagueis ) in canon but the Shakespeare adaptation of episode 3 has a character identitfied as Plagueis wife appear when Sheev is telling Ani the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So I think its sheev who probably has the relationship with talzin . I don't know how to fit that with the bitch gangster that we got mention of was a plot point in Star Wars underworld.

With the advent of Sheev's interests in the mortis gods and the WBW . I kinda spit balled an idea for a young Palpatine series a few months back

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  2. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013

Well the nods in the shakespeare sw adaptions that are not from any previous source like Plagueis wife... where did they come from and why were they added? Are those canon or as vague canon as they can be? Or not canon?

I refuse to read these books or buy them due to their crazy language. I love old Shakespeare, the true Master. But these books are just a farce and nowhere near Shakespeare. More like a terribel parody joke of it. Still I wonder what they added and why they were allowed to.

So clue me in! thx

3. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    The Shakespeare books aren't canon at all.

AusStig likes this.
  4. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    The character of Plagueis's wife is a visualization of Plagueis saving "the ones he loved" from death. Perhaps it is what is going through Anakin's mind at the time, as Anakin is thinking of his own wife. Plagueis, of course, didn't have any loved ones, being an evil Sith Lord and all, but Anakin doesn't know that.

ColeFardreamer and Jedi Princess like this.
  5. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    we actually don't know much about plagueis in canon to say he didn't have any love ones . we don't even know his species for sure in canon
    [​IMG] .

ColeFardreamer likes this.
  6. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    That's no Muun. That's a Sith Lord.
    It's too pleasant looking to be a Sith Lord.

;)

bmickey likes this.
  7. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    11/5/02
    Stop watching LOTR Iain.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  8. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    "the sequence has a tone of forgiveness and understanding to it."

It's a sad commentary that, both in-universe and out-of-universe, no one has a problem with blowing away pilots and soldiers who were basically raised from birth to be brainwashed slaves, while at the same time obsessing over the idea that a genocidal maniac who murdered his father and friends is still really a good guy inside. It's like when Trump called the Neo-Nazis "very fine people" or the New York Times wrote friendly editorials about regular Joe Klansmen, except the villain of a multi-billion dollar kids' movie series.

Seriously... imagine a movie centered around Our Heros trying to convince Stormtroper TK-1945 that he's still a good person inside and redemption is still possible, instead of just shooting him and fifty of his squadmates while making quippy jokes to each other before earnestly convince each other that Space Hitler is really just a misunderstood nice guy.

9. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

You know speaking of Stormtroopers I have not heard any rumors/spoilers/possible leaks of any Stormtrooper Rebellion possibilities. I remember that was a big want among the discourse for a long time...Seems to have dropped since then.

Also I found these interesting charts on the HEROINE'S journey which alot of people say The ST is following instead of the Hero's journey

[​IMG]

One person said to look at these parts of the journey for TRos story

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2019
    Dr. Steve Brule likes this.
  10. Dr. Steve Brule

Sep 7, 2012
    The Full of Sith podcast did an episode on the Heroine's Journey and how it might apply to Rey (this was after TFA alone and before anything was known of TLJ). I think it was this episode.

11. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Oh interesting...Curious too see what they predicted given it was free TLJ, so that's probably an interesting listen.

Also I'm curious about the state of the Resistance because of Oscar Issac says

“He takes those [lessons] on,” Isaac said. “Where we start in Episode IX is, they’re decimated, there isn’t much of a Resistance to even lead, so I think what they’re trying to do is find allies, find anybody they can that can help them, help their cause -- it just feels like it’s totally lost. As the film goes on, I think you start to see him really grapple with not only the lack of leadership -- I mean, Leia is gone -- but also, how do you be a leader when there doesn’t seem to be anybody to lead?”

12. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
  13. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    So you’re saying in perfect world, Kylo Ren would be played by the demon Klaus Kinski.

Dr. Steve Brule likes this.
  14. Dr. Steve Brule

Sep 7, 2012
    When you think about it, Aguirre: The Wrath of God is pretty much the prequel trilogy.

SyndicThrass likes this.
  15. Dr. Steve Brule

Sep 7, 2012
    Not to double post, but this just occurred to me that Luke's dialogue in the trailer might not be something he says to Rey, but something he says to Ben, either in a flashback scene to Young Jedi Knight Ben when he arrives at the temple for training, or to Kylo Ren to try and convince him to repent.

16. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Funny enough heard a similar theory....Personally I think he’s talking to Rey at least up to the 1000 generations thing, and passed up all we know....But i do think the “No ones ever really gone and...we will alway be with you....MIGHT and that’s a big might be to Ben”

Though you might be right considering

We are supposed to get flashbacks of Ben entering the temple

17. Dr. Steve Brule

Sep 7, 2012
    It's one of the scenes that was supposedly filmed and cut from TFA when they redid the Force flashback scene. If they do reuse it, then it could also be part of the claim that Harrison Ford is in the movie considering that Han and Leia were supposedly also in the scene, dropping Ben off.

18. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Possible, possible

Also
    Considering some of Oscar statements and other things i’m Curious if the whole Warhammer plot and deleted scenes (If they really were deleted) will come back into Paul again in terms of the war part of the movie. I’m still not sure the Resistance is gonna be up to full power and that things might even be worse in the galaxy now.

19. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    That's certainly a fair point, given the current political climate. But can't that same criticism be levelled at the whole Redemption of Anakin Skywalker?

20. Dr. Steve Brule

Sep 7, 2012
    It can, and it used to be - I feel like in the 90s it was something that was brought up a lot, that just because Vader saved his son's life doesn't make up for everything he did. But I feel like in the prequel era, this kind of argument died off, and I'm not sure why. Probably a mix of six years (plus TCW) where Anakin was the central hero, mixed with all the stories we started getting (and still get) where Vader is a "villain" in name only but is essentially the hero saving the Empire's underlings from the actual villain. The one time I remember it coming up in a big way was when the ANH Infinities (or maybe it was the ROTJ one?) where Vader lives and joins the Rebels at the end in his new white suit and people wondering how the rest of the Rebellion would feel about Darth Vader switching sides with no sort of accountability.

21. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I found this interesting tweet and thought i'd share

IDK...I could see that, and maybe see it in both "Good" or "Evil" intentions.

It was ROTJ.

Also Vader to me sorta represents the Avatar of Star Wars in a way....The way he is portrayed is sorta symoolizes the overall franchise. From ANH where he is nothing more than a glorified henchman to ROTS when he essentially becomes true star of the Star Wars franchise. To now when essentially we are dealing with his legacy.

Although IDK I know many people say that the Prequels and a lot of the Vader stuff coming out now is making it harder to see Vader's "redemption" than it was back then.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2019
  22. DarthPhilosopher

Jan 23, 2011
    Redemption and forgiveness have been such a central theme of the franchise since 1983, through the PT, where Lucas appeared to want to give further context to the character of Vader. With that in mind it would seem inconsistent to suddenly now renege upon those themes

23. Dr. Steve Brule

Sep 7, 2012
    Yeah, but redemption for who? Outside of the guy with the Chosen One blood, how many villains in the movie did any of the heroes try to redeem? And forgiveness for what - does saving one life truly make up for twenty years of galaxy-spanning genocide? Padme knows that Anakin went on a mass child-killing spree not once, but twice, let alone helped install a dictator into the galaxy and yet she dies telling Obi-Wan that he's still a good person. How many times did she think that Nute Gunray might have some good inside him? How often did she regret killing Battle Droid T-1000 because he had good programming deep inside?

I know what Lucas was aiming for, but I don't think it's very small-D democratic and I don't think giving blanket forgiveness to the villains at the top who are related to the heroes while not giving the same consideration to the people they enslaved is really a good standard of justice or gives kids a good sense of what constitutes redemption.

24. DarthPhilosopher

Jan 23, 2011
    I don't necessarily disagree (although I don't really think the films suggest that Anakin/Vader would't face some type of justice had he survived). I just think, given it's a central message of the films up until this point, excluding Kylo from redemption would seem like a sudden and drastic change of course.

25. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Considering every Star Wars Sequel trilogy movie has had some sorta meta narrative and self awareness to it I'd be curious to see if Episode 9 goes into these ideas and sorta explores "Hey maybe redemption straight up is a bit silly" or just delves a bit into stuff like this...like a examination on Star Wars finales?

my kind of scum likes this.