main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars CLOSED Epitaph Between Prologue

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth , Jun 16, 2019.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Praer
    Northern Hills, Nouane

"Looking for you, silly." She grinned, turning on the spot a few times so her skirt flapped in the wind. "Who was the man in black? He seemed a bit kooky."

Praer did a half-handstand, that energy once again propelling her to be unable to stand still. "You know I'm a brill tracker, Ertha." The name was a holdover from when she hadn't been able to say Lagertha, and it had stuck as a bit of whimsy between the two of them. One, a proud inheritor of the Protector legacy that their tribe had, and the other, a miracle birth that was orphaned. In one of her quieter and serious moments, Praer had once wondered aloud if Lagertha had been orphaned by being so special, and the next ran off to play with one of the mutts that the tribe kept.

"Are you coming back? I've never seen you go this far south. You're so near them," she said, mischievously pointing towards the City and its Walls.

Curiosity, voracious as ever, rippled out from the girl.

TAG: @TheAdmiral

2. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    IC: Vydra Delomeux

“Certainly don’t want to create complications for you, Vydra Delomeux…” said this enigmatic yet tough woman you’re certainly making things tough for me Vydra and then she mentioned herself in the third person which made Vydra’s eyebrows rise up on his forehead.

This woman was a strange creature. Speaking in the third person, challenging him on things he definitely could not speak about, well not until the time was right and was complicating things massively. And he was running out of time. If this took too log he would be missed and not doubt chastised by Joren or someone for missing his duties and skiving off the job.

And no amount of explaining would sort it out either.

She led him deeper into the market, and Vydra was dreading what she was going to ask him. What would she ask and could he answer it?.

It seemed the question or questions once she asked them were about him and the Protectors is general, well their origins anyway.

He looked at her his gaze unnerving and serious as he could be “Well in regards to myself I am from the western side of Nouane Cty, born to a family of librarians. I never knew I was Force sensitive all I knew was that I could hear thoughts and feelings and that something was guiding me to find the right books to read and to find for other people. It was then that discovered books relating to the Protectors themselves”

“I learnt that the Protectors were millennia old and that they fought in a war called the War of the Temporal Planes. I learned about the light and dark sides and hanks to a friend of mine he lead me to the Master. I joined the Protectors instead of following my family line of being a librarian. My abilities wer limited and I joined as a novice. Now here I am, a Protector and a person who has a mission: to protect the Light, the galaxy and everyone in it. Noaune is quite isolationist and I think it is time we showed the galaxy that we can protect them and protect them from the coming darkness”

He smiled slightly “And now how about you, why have you followed the Master and come to me? Where are you from and how come you live the life as a hunter?”

TAG: @Corellian_Outrider

Meanwhile…

Vydra realized that he had not left instructions to access the Holocron but Lagetha was an adult and would be able to figure it out for herself, well hopefully. The Force would guide her and once the Force told her what she should do and she touched the Holocron then all the secrets within would be revealed.

Like him she probably would be hesitant about touching it, but in the end if you didn't touch it you would never know what it held within.

This woman warrior would be a fine addition to the Protectors. She would be touch and since she seemed like tribe woman she would be resourceful. She would also be the one who would probably go on an all out attack which was not Vydra’s style but may suit a certain someone…..

Unfortunately the “hug” he had sent her way went badly as he could sense her flinch in the Force. Definitely not the touchy feely type…

He watched her leave and sighed in relief, this one had been successful than the last one and he had another piece on the board. This woman was not one to bow down and surrender to anyone and he had to be careful with her. Too tough and she would fight back, too soft and she would think him weak.

He smiled and headed off back towards the city. Time to wait for the next one to find him.

TAG: @Sinrebirth (also acknowledging @TheAdmiral 's TAG)

3. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    IC: Lagertha Atreus
    Northern Hills, Nouane

Lagertha wanted to groan. Why the girl was looking for her? Deducing from the casualness and the levity in Praer’s voice indicated that nothing serious had happened in the village. So what was going on? Or was that another test? Was the Master or that Vydra character or even the Force testing her?

She pursed her lips “I have some work to do here, the Elders sent me, I will be back in a few days.” the last part was a bit of bending the truth, but given what her new teacher had told her she was not to discuss what she was doing with anyone. Lagertha smiled “You should get back home and tell everyone that I am alright and that I will be back soon.”

TAG: @Sinrebirth

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Praer
    City hills

"Fine," she grumped, and pirouetted. "I'll head back, but no guarantees that I'll get back safely, of course."

With another flourish, and a tip-toed peer at the City in the distance, she stuck out her tongue and skipped away.

Leaving Lagertha and her Holocron.

TAG: @TheAdmiral

5. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    Northern Hills, Nouane

Lagertha let out a sigh of relief, though a part of her mind remained wary, after all the girl could just be pretending to be going. Using her undeveloped skills she could not perceive any deception but that was not yet foolproof.

The warrior woman, the valkyrie as her tribe called them, decided to walk around these hallowed grounds and to see if she is being followed. Lagertha emptied her mind and closed her eyes. There was a peculiar feeling, something was tugging her… She started walking as if in a dream. Her movements felt as if trying to walk through water. Her mind focused on that sensation paid no attention to her surroundings.

Lagertha did not remember how long she had walked or where she was going but she reached a tall mound covered by grass and small, delicate white flowers. She could sense a faint presence underground. It was another long forgotten tomb. It felt… familiar… a distant ancestor maybe? Or was she presuming too much… it did not matter. The place felt right… Her palm itched as she reached for the holocron in her satchel. Her skin crawled as she sensed its power.

Sit…

It was an unspoken command. Lagertha climbed the mound and positioned herself on top of it. She sat cross legged, her eyes closed, the holocron on her lap, her slender fingers reached for it. Hopefully it will reveal its secrets…

TAG: @Sinrebirth

6. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: The Narrator,
    Entry One from the Holocron of Heresies, two months after the Master passed the Holocron of Prophecies to the Protector Masters; shortly after his Passing On

Though Lagertha was the first to access the Holocron, it would speak the same to all five Protector apprentices who secretly received the Holocron from Vydra Delomeux. Sek'nos Rath would shortly thereafter access the Holocron, though Sheel Ix... required more reassurances from Vydra, who was increasingly pressed to return to the City by his everyday routine.

I digress.

Lesson One
    The Holocron of Heresies

The red Holocron glowed, and a tiny projection appeared. It was translucent and blue, and clearly fabricated. It was an approximation of the Master, cloaked in black and his face not shown. His arms were tucked behind his back, and he wandered back and forth as if pacing.

“Protector apprentice; greetings - I am the Master, as you well know. I bequeath this message to you as a promise of what is to come. I am an ill omen, I am afraid.” He lifted his arms into a shrug.

“By the time you watch this, most of the disaster will have began. The Twilight War. All will be lost. Responsibility for starting over thereafter will be placed with you.” He pointed at the watcher. “Those that Master Vydra bequeathed the five Holocron's of Heresies. You may have heard rumours of a Holocron of Prophecy, which detailed what was is to occur. The Holocron of Heresies is the opposite; it is about what happens after the first wave of devastation. Sublime stuff, right?” He sounded sarcastic.

“After, the great darkness of the Seven will emerge, and it will be your task to prepare the world for that fight. To create a refuge from the Twilight Wars. Once you have come to know your comrades, the Second of the Three Lessons contained in this Holocron will direct you how to create the new world.”

A shrug. “I fully expect you to stay out of the way for now; what happens between the Protector Masters to stop the War will be beyond you - stay safe; stay alert.”

“Before the Old Ones return. There are other entries in this Holocron; entries about the past. About the Cosmic Wars of Protector Legend, which some of you may know. Of the great battles between the Celestials and their children the Architects, and the Old Ones that they spawned. This is what we face the return of; that is what we must we must prepare for the defeat of.”

He bowed. “I thank you for your attention and your service. May the Force be with you, my friend.”

TAG: @TheAdmiral, but also, everyone else
    ---
    IC: The Narrator, again

One year to the day since the Master passed the Holocron of Prophecies to the Protector Masters; some ten months after his Passing On

Now, as you well know, we have seen Vydra Delomeux hand the fabled Holocron of Heresies to three Force sensitives so far. Brilliant, right?

The Sith called Sek'nos Rath, the southerner Togruta Sheel Ix (though how that chit-chat goes, I could hardly say), and the northern highlander Lagertha Atreus. Brilliant, that's three of the five handed out.

So, let's jump back to the opening scene, shall we? The Sith lad sitting in the Clock-Tower with nary a friend to hand. The other four students are about to arrive! They all have a bunch of lightsaber's face-down on the desk, and the Force has summoned them. Wow. Just, wow. It sends chills down my spine.

So just to point out, all five of the students when they arrive will have a Holocron of Heresies. Lovely, right?

Now here's the twist on the Second Class of the Master of Masters.

Those that are here.

Sek'nos Rath; Lagertha Atreus; No-Name; N'tael; Jin Long.

You're here, and one of you, well.

You shouldn't be.

Here's the best bit.

None of you have met before! None of you know anything about each other! But you'll have one of the five Holocrons...

Where is Sheel Ix?

I can tell you something with utter certainty.

That wasn't part of the Master of Master's plan. No sir.

Now, even if you'd read the entirety of the entry about this particular moment in the future in, say, a Holocron of Prophecy, you would know that someone has replaced Sheel. Oh dear.

But the students? They're none the wiser and about to face the Twilight Wars. Which ones were and weren't met by Vydra in the intervening weeks? We don't yet know. We will, of course. Indeed, some of them may not know at all!

But! Let's narrow down our focus, shall we? Rath has just greeted you! He's a strapping Sith specimen. Don't get distracted. One of you could be said to be overwhelmed by all these new impressions, having been kept in hiding for a time. One of you is merely here, and we know not what they come from. One of you is here with intent, and with purpose.

And then of course we have Lagertha here.

One of you is not here.

But you've never met each other.

But each of you are called; and specifically by a single hilt at the front of the room.

TAG: @TheAdmiral, @greyjedi125, @darthbernael, @QueenSabe7, please read this, and the OP for your full TAG

Mentions for @Corellian_Outrider and @Jerjerrod-Lennox only - you two, please continue your tag set eight months earlier to its finale

OOC: Please post your sheets, my friends.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  7. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    GM Approved CS

Name:
    N'tael
    Species: Kwa

[​IMG]

Personal effects: A Cape with cowl, belt with holdout blaster, pair of swords, and several knives
    Appearance: 3 meter tall, blue reptiloids are hard to miss, especially when so few are seen these days. Hence the cowled Cape, to attempt to hide his features somewhat.

Bio:

Ostensibly growing up in the south of Nouane, it was not unusual that N'tael had been surrounded by Force energy most of his life. His kind had been in a slow decline on Nouane, but they were one of the few species who themselves kept a record of their dishonourable service to the Old Ones as the Kwoth, as a means of hiding from those who had persecuted them for the knowledge of the Infinity Gates. His family was one of scholars and builders, still retaining some knowledge of the Gates, so even more used to looking over their shoulders for unknown enemies, even if the ability to create Gates was far, far, far beyond the Kwa on-world, and the technology of Nouane.

Having worked with his family for years, N'tael had become a strong, proficient worker, as skilled with the blade against native animals as he was with the tools of a builder. Recently, however, he had felt a draw, a call to join a group of others.

He has come to the Clock-Temple on Nouane by his own means, knowing most of the galaxy is isolated, cut off from each other and would be very reluctant to even admit outsiders existed.

He had come to find out what had drawn him here.

IC NTael
    Apprentice Gathering

N’tael’s tail quivered as he wandered the open spaces of the Clock Tower. He’d found his room easily enough and now he knew it was time to join the gathering of those who had been called to be an apprentice Protector. He entered the training area, tail still twitching, his nose sniffing, detecting the scent of the others as they approached and joined the gathering. He could smell the Sith male before he saw him but approached and settled down on his haunches, nostrils now quivering as he attempted to discern the scents of the others.

“Hello, Sssek’Nossss Rath, I am N’Tael. I too was told to come here, to be chosen.” The words came out in a gravelly sibilant hiss, the best he could do. As he spoke he caught the scent of, at least, one human approaching.

“The Forcccee isss all around, and drawsss usss when needed.” he continued, as he studied the layout, the table, and the sabers upon it. He was interested to learn about his fellow apprentices and why they had been chosen, what they were there to do.

He was most intrigued to see what was to be presented and how it would change them, instill in them new knowledge, and how that knowledge would explain things to come. The Kwa themselves had a long history, much knowledge of the past and the ancient beings, from both sides of the many conflicts and he could read the patterns of history quite well, knowing the future would be just as violent and conflict filled. The Holocron he had been given contained many things, he could tell but believed that the lessons contained within would be meted out only when or if needed. So what happened here would certainly assist him and the others in what was to come.

For now though, he waited for the others to appear and join Sek'Nos and himself so the lessons could begin.

TAG: @Sinrebirth, @TheAdmiral, @greyjedi125 , @QueenSabe7, @Jerjerrod-Lennox

8. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Approved by Sinrebirth

Name: Jin Long

Species: Epicanthix

Personal effects: Conductive Tattoos, Blade of Grass, Fists of Fury

Appearance:

[​IMG]

Bio: Jin Long was born in the northwestern lands of Nouane and was raised in a remote Temple by warrior monks, along with his brothers. There he trained his body and his mind to become greater extensions of his warrior spirit, finding both focus and balance in all things. The Abbot found that Jing Long possessed deep reserves of prana as well as a powerful connection to the stream- so much so, that after he came of age, he was able to imbue a blade of grass and wield it as a Grasscutter Sword.

With near single mindedness, Jin Long studied and practiced for years until he finally Mastered both Dragon Stance and God Fist Form. A rare feat for someone his age, and a cause for celebration and celebrity.

Brazen bandits who dared to steal from the Temple’s livestock were soon overmatched by their newest star pupil, who was also wise and just, and showed mercy more often than most. Yet still, Jin Long felt a calling and looked towards the East. Images of a Clock Tower persisted vividly in his mind-a cloaked figure beckoned to him. None of the Elders could give answer to this vision and so, he ignored it for a time.

But, at long last he could ignore the mystery no longer and decided to seek it out, leaving his village, the Temple, and all that he ever knew behind, even as he sojourned forth in search of answers.

OOC: Entry post soon to follow

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  9. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Sheel Ix
    Location: Market place - in a strange city in southern Nouane (north of Pala Que)

‘Nouane City’... ‘Temporal planes‘

She had not encountered those words before but Sheel Ix found herself repeating some words Vydra had said as a way to familiarise herself with them. So Vydra was from a family of librarians, that would make him a scholar. She wondered what it was specifically that interested him in the field and what separated him from the those that she had encountered before at Pala Que with the other treasure hunters. The ones who claimed to be searching for ‘lost’ things… At least the picture Vydra had presented was starting to make sense to her. The conflict between their ideas of protection… she had meant it as to ‘keep safe’.. While Vydra had meant an organisation. So the Protectors were a group that are fighting a war of light and dark… If it was between light and dark, where does protecting life fit within their equation? She filed that away for later and kept her focus on Vydra.

“So you became a scholar and a warrior…” Sheel Ix remarked softly, her gaze shifting as one of the vendors began frying up something mouth watering in a pan. Her hand lowered, her forearm pressed over her abdomen to suppress the growing discomfort of hunger. “...that is a rare combination.”

Vydra had smiled slightly “And now how about you, why have you followed the Master and come to me? Where are you from and how come you live the life as a hunter?”

“I am from the south,” Sheel Ix’s arm moved away from her abdomen to gesture in the direction she had travelled from. “I’m not sure if you are familiar with those lands... jungle, rivers, wildlife… small villages belonging to several scattered tribes. I usually stay near the village of Pala Que, the largest one there. Large might not be the right word as it is tiny compared to this place.” Part of her awe of her surroundings came through and she let out a small chuckle. “The only thing that comes close to this belongs to a place lost from long ago, claimed by the jungle.”

“How I came to be…?” She looked away, allowing a moment to collect her thoughts. Maybe that was a bit too much but she had promised to answer to the best of her abilities. “I didn’t choose. It was a necessity to take the life of the hunter to survive in the wilderness.” She admitted. “I suppose it is a good thing as I feel more at ease with nature than with people…” The corner of her mouth twitched, this was a delicate subject for another time and place. Glancing around, she observed several social interactions in the public space of families, friends, children playing, couples holding hands and kissing. Talking, eating, strolling amongst the different stalls and rest spots while the calls of merchants advertised their merchandise.

For a moment, she felt this was a life that could be but deep down it didn’t belong to her. She shrugged and changed the direction to the next question. “I met the Master by accident and while we met the one time, briefly, what he spoke of... connected, resonated to my heart. It is rare for an individual to do so. He left until further notice. I had hoped... and I placed trust in whatever that…” She waved her hand, having trouble finding the word to describe the sensation that drew her here. “...beacon I felt, was related and meant for me. It brought me here...” She looked to his eyes. “...where I met you, seemingly by accident, too.”

“So,” She bit the corner of her bottom lip, “tell me about this galaxy of yours…what is it-” She stopped as she saw a mechanised being, carrying a humanoid child and a shopping basket. It was something she had never encountered before. “What is that?”

TAG: Vydra Delomeux

10. AgentViper007

Mar 9, 2005

It sounded like he was finally getting through to the female hunter.

Her mentioning to him that he was both scholar and warrior intrigued him. He would consider himself neither, he was just simply a librarian. Vydra was no warrior, he chose to defend more than attack, to protect not to harm. He had only one duel so far with his Forcesaber and that was against an opponent who was an animal in nature. He was not a teacher either, and he had no specific field he was interested in, all books and genres interested him, you had to be interested in most subjects in order to provide a service to the customers and students who frequented the library.

He didn't know much about many places outside of the city, as he was born and raised inside the city walls. But he had seen bits and pieces in books and from what other people had told him. Like the northern side it was full of tribes people, full of steamy jungles and teeming with wildlife. Somehow this hunter had made a living in this jungle world and Vydra was slightly impressed. This woman knew how to handle herself, and was well versed in the lay of the land. She could turn out to be a cunning warrior in the future, attacking when her enemies were not expecting it.

I think someone I know would be impressed with you he thought to himself.

He knew he would have his work cut out with her when it came to the crunch. And perhaps living in the city would show her that it was a completely different jungle, and perhaps integrating with others could help her in the future. Vydra saw the Protectors as a team, not individuals despite his misgivings about the Master trying to seperate them all. Sheel would have to learn about respecting others, integrating with other species and people and learning how to work as a unit and not just as an individual. Where perhaps the Master Protectors had failed, the apprentices may succeed.

She seemed overwhelmed by everything that was going on around her and she would need guidance to get through it all. Once hopefully she understood everything that was to happen and once their lessons began she may be a little better prepared. Plus she may be able to handle all the lessons and what they represented, there was going to be a lot of lore involved and prophecies. She had met the Master already, albeit briefly and it seemed he had left an impression on her. The Force must have worked in mysterious ways because it drew both the Master and Vydra to her.

Sheel was now asking what “that” was which she had never seen before. “It’s a droid” Vydra said with a smile, “There are a lot of them that work in the city, looking after children whilst the parents are at work, doing the tasks which humans do not wish to do, or even doing tasks like shopping for their owners, they can also translate many languages and fix things” he shrugged “If you decide to join the Protectors you will see lots about in Nouane City”

He continued to walk beside her “As to the galaxy, what can I tell you apart from that it is huge. You are not a native species to here so you came from a planet somewhere or your parents or species did.” The galaxy is made of billions of stars and millions of planets and moons. Some places are inhabitable, some are not. But what I have learnt is that there are thousands of species and people that live out there, and we have been tasked to protect it all from those who wish to harm, kill and destroy everything in their path. If you choose to become a Protector you are pledging yourself to the galaxy, to protect all beings to the best of your ability and to stop those who would bring harm to them”

Vydra looked at her face “The Force brought me to you, obviously to tell you all that I know and to hopefully try to persuade you to become an apprentice. It seems it is taking a while to try to reassure you and explain what is about to happen to the best of my ability. I hope at least I have partially succeeded, but who knows” he chuckled “As I said before, the Holocron will prepare you for the end and what you ill need to do after everything happens. It is your choice whether to accept the Masters gifts or not, to accept the life and role of the Protector. It is also your choice whether to heed the call when it comes, I hope you do as I believe you will be an excellent addition to the order. Your affinity with nature will become useful, your expertise will make you a cunning warrior.”

He checked his chrono “My time is almost up” he pulled out the Holocron again “It is entirely up to you after all that I have said whether you wish to accept this Holocron and the apprenticeship I offer. I will need you to think carefully and decide now what you wish to do. I cannot force you to take this, only trust me and the Master and what we have told you”

“The decision is yours”

11. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Jin Long
    Clock Tower Temple

It was hard to describe in words, the near overwhelming feeling of euphoria he felt through the Force. Jin Long had travelled a long way to be here, trusting and following a
    calling he could hardly resist.

During his journey to the Clock Tower, he’d had many visions of this place while he meditated, but they did not compare or fully prepare him for the actual experience. The Force was unusually strong here, in ways he’d never imagined. Even beyond the things he had
    learned during his daily meditations.

Though clearly impressed, he still moved about with confidence and assurance, after all, he’d been
    invited.

Eager to meet others, Jin Long followed his senses where they led him. Upon entering a hall, he saw them; His fellow Protector Apprentices. Jin Long saw Sek’nos Rath as well, whom he recognized from his visions, and offered a bow to him and then to the others gathered, though none of them seemed familiar. Everything was exactly where he had seen it in his vision, including the Red Holocron- which meant a message was about to be played.

Jin Long took his place amongst the gathered, and listened- and
    learned.

It was a lot to take in, but it was also clear evidence that he had been
    chosen for a great purpose, one far greater than himself.

For now, he remained silent and observed, immersing himself in the currents of the force as he did so, absorbing all that he could, from both the world seen and unseen.

@Sinrebirth, @darthbernael ,@QueenSabe7, @TheAdmiral

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  12. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Sheel Ix
    Location: Market place - in a strange city in southern Nouane (north of Pala Que)

Sheel Ix listened intently as Vydra described what a droid is and what their purpose was to society. To see one for the first time is quite alarming.. Not living yet moves and behaves as though it is. So there are more of these mechanised being. Doing things that people would normally do. Then… what would the people do instead? That was something to investigate further as to whether it was a blessing or a curse.

As Vydra continued that they are part of a galaxy, made up of countless stars and planets did not surprise her as much as the shock to learn that she was not a native. That she is of a different species… that there are more and that her parents were one…

That changes everything. She never knew her parents. No memories. Just ‘found’ in the jungle. All her life she was led to believe that she was the only one, unique… beautiful to some, a gift, a goddess… hence the name given to her. Eventually, as she developed and her appearance changed, they saw her as an abomination, cursed by the gods. A demon. She did everything she could to not interrupt Vydra, for him to go back and tell her more. She had to know.

For once, she was glad her face was partially covered. The tilt of her head allowed the hood to shield her eyes from Vydra’s gaze as she blinked back moisture. There was nothing wrong with her... at all! All these years… all these years!! She took several deep breaths.

“My time is almost up” Vydra pulled out the Holocron again “It is entirely up to you after all that I have said whether you wish to accept this Holocron and the apprenticeship I offer. I will need you to think carefully and decide now what you wish to do. I cannot force you to take this, only trust me and the Master and what we have told you… The decision is yours”

“I am thankful for your time... you have given me much to ponder.” She politely responded, her voice even. “As you say, it seems more than just a coincidence that brought us here. Maybe it was that Force of yours.” She lifted her face, her eyes moist. She looked thoughtfully at him, considering his offer. If she went with him, she might be able to find out more about where she came from. If this ‘apprenticeship’ was not to her liking, there is an out. If she didn’t go... her options were much more limited as to discovering her origins.

“I do have one final question before you leave… What is…” She pursed her lips. “...how does... the holocron work?”

13. AgentViper007

Mar 9, 2005

It seemed finally, FINALLY getting to this stubborn hunter.

He felt throughout the Force that Sheel was listening intently as he spoke it however was difficult to get a reading on her first off. He had never seen Sheel's species before but he now recognised who she was from reading about them in books, she was a Togruta. Not native to Nouane at all, so she must have been born here or left here for some reason. And Vydra was not going to push.

He would tell her all in good time what she was when she was ready. However even within the short time he had met this woman she wanted to know everything and no doubt she may delve into her past, who and what she was. Perhaps if she did accept his invitation she would have everything to hand when she rejoined the group.

However as Vydra continued to speak he could sense more yhrough the Force, she was beginning to open up and was she getting ...emotional?. Well well it seemed this hunter had an emotional side she was however avoiding his gaze by the tilt of her hood which was hiding her eyes. But her emotion was singing in the Force to him.

Some people would have said it was a weakness, on the contrary Vydra thought it was good. It was better to bring it out than keeping it hidden inside. Vydra could understand Sheel getting emotional, he was revealing things she never knew before. That she was'nt the only member of her species, that the galaxy was basically one big melting pot of species, people and creatures.

Unfortunately due to the time constraint he had to depart before telling her more. But she was more than capable of looking after herself and no doubt she would search far and wide for her origins. The city libraries which included his would be the best bet but perhaps he did not need to guide her. Maybe like it did with him, the Force would be her guide.

Sheel looked at him, showing her eyes to him. And they looked moist. It seemed what he had said had affected her and he did feel sorry for her a little. It was probably overwhelming and it reminded him of his lessons with the Master and learning his Truth's. How it was all so overwhelming both in.mind and body and the one time it had gotten so bad he had to go into self imposed exile.

Sherl thanked him for his time which he nodded in response to. After a rather shaku start it seemed that in the end they would part on better terms. Whether she actually had accepted his proposal was still uncertain.

“I do have one final question before you leave… What is…” She pursed her lips. “...how does... the holocron work?”

It was time to be Masterly here, to be the teacher the Master wanted him to be.

"The Holocron can only be accessed using the Force" he said simply continuing to watch her face "It will only speak to you through the bond you will eventually develop with it but for your first time you will need to link with it through the Force and also touch it. It will provide visuals for you too."

Vydra's face remained serious "You must only access this Holocron if you accept my proposal to become a Protector to do so otherwise could mean this Holocron could end up in the wrong hands and everything you have learnt being revealed to those who wish to bring the galaxy into chaos and to destroy it"

He then smiled " I know what I have said may have come as a shock to you and no doubt you will need time and space to digest it. But trust the Force, trust yourself and you will find what you seek." Vydra the held out the Holocron again "The Force gave us this meeting just as the Master no doubt foresaw. Now it is up to you to accept what I have told you or not. To become my apprentice and join a group that will appreciate you and your talents"

"You can decide your future now or you can watch as the galaxy burns when the time comes. But as I said before, trust the Force and it will always be with you wherever you go. But perhaps the only way you will get answers is to join the Protectors and perhaps find your home…before it is too late"

Vydra waited patiently for her decision.

14. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    The Clocktower Temple, Nouane

The Holocron revealed visions to her. They were not exactly what she had expected. Not that she knew exactly what it will contain, but it did not feel the way… Lagertha shook her head. These things were beyond her for now. Maybe she should have paid more attention to what Elder Skonja had tried to teach her about visions and such. And where was that self-proclaimed teacher who handed the blasted thing to her?

Now a new feeling gnawed on her. She followed it and it lead her to a Clocktower of sorts. She could sense the power within, it was imbued with the Force. Lagertha had heard of a place like that. The Holocron showed this particular building in the vision, so it must be important. There were places in the Northern Highlands which were similar to it. Ruins from a long lost era.

Lagertha had visited one such place. It was the ruined city of Iania. It was the birthplace of her people. They had fled a great disaster that destroyed the city. Her ancestors then realized that they had grown soft and too reliant on technology. The place echoed with the screams and the pain of those who had died there. It was both scary and sobering given her young age when she had to go there. You have to learn from the mistakes of the past.

That was the reason her tribe had been preparing a Protector. There were many before her, but from what she had learned from the Elders they were not good enough. They were stepping stones that lead to her. Her people had been arrogant enough and they had paid the price. All of their ancient cities had been destroyed because they had withdrawn from the rest of the planet. So the other people did not help them when they needed the assistance.

Lagertha stepped in the Clocktower, closing her eyes for a moment. In her mind’s eye she saw where she had to go. It lead to a chamber with a desk. There lying on it were… hilts? They were somewhat similar to the one that the Vydra character carried. She reached for the hilt of her own sword. It would be a shame to leave it… But maybe there could be some use of it? It was unimportant for the moment.

She looked around and saw other figures. A crimson looking humanoid. She shuddered slightly, it… he… looked like one of the evil creatures from the stories. There was a lizard creature. It was unfamiliar to her. Then there was a bald man… Not human too. This made her a bit uncomfortable. She was aware that there were other races on the planet, but she had no experience in dealing with them. She tried to cover her discomfort and just nodded to the other… apprentices.

TAG: @Sinrebirth @greyjedi125 @darthbernael @QueenSabe7

15. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    Sinre Approved, Sabe Delayed

--

[​IMG]

Name: She sure would like to know.
    Species: Seems human
    Gender: Female, though she'd be damned if she'd let you confirm

Appearance: Image above. Hair is a silvery-grey, predominately white around her face. It has the distinct look of locks that were leeched from a lighter hue, into something darker and duller. Eyes have the same effect - an icy-grey that feel as though they might not have always been that way.
    Overall appearance seems... drained.
    She is of average height and build.
    [​IMG]

Personal effects: Only a cracked saber hilt (see full device below). Broken at the location of its crystal.
    [​IMG]

Bio:
    A girl knows nothing.

--

Intro post to follow...

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  16. QueenSabe7

Mar 23, 2001
    IC: Her/She/Woman
    The depths and above, Clock-Temple, Nouane

“How did this happen?” a female voice pressed in wonderment. “We are the only ones here, there is never anyone else…”

Staring off at a blank wall, she asked her question aloud as if continuing a conversation with someone else, though there was actually no living being near to hear it. She was indeed alone, standing at the center of a small room that contained a bed, a desk, and a few more random pieces of furniture. It was organized, immaculately clean, and warmly lit – albeit, artificially.

There were no windows.

The space was given its only smattering of personality by what appeared to be pieces of art, small sculptures, even, that dotted surfaces here and there. They were intricate and detailed, no two of them the same. If anyone other than the room’s only occupant would be permitted to take a closer look, they’d be able to see that each was made from used materials, discarded or worn or broken. Trash to some, but not all.

The woman’s eyes, the iris’ hollowed out and washed of color traveled to the nearest of these displays but it did not appear she registered she was looking at anything at all. Her gaze was unfocused and her expression was far off, someplace else entirely, the only movement her body made was an anxious fidgeting of the fingers on one hand.

Turning between those digits was a shiny object which, much to her confusion and surprise, she had found upon her bed only a few minutes prior. A silver key, plain and without any defining qualities beyond the unique grooves that ran along one edge. It positively ensnared her the second she laid eyes on it.

A key! To what? Who left it? Where does it lead?!

Like waking from a dream, she blinked suddenly and slowly began to return to her immediate surroundings, looking about as if she were lost but a few seconds later relaxing as she remembered where she was. Raising her hand to eye-height, she held the mysterious key between her thumb and forefinger, examining it intently.

“What do you think, friend? It’s important, I just… know…” she continued, more questions filling her head. And yet, she was still most certainly by herself here in the room, so who was she speaking to? Unsticking her feet from the floor, she took a few steps towards the bed. Sitting upon the edge and curling her feet under her, she flashed a grin towards the small table at the head. The only item it held was some sort of device, pyramid in shape. It was nothing like her personal art pieces; it was simultaneously old and new and also not of the here and now. A holocron, glowing an ominous red, she set the key down beside it.

“I’ve memorized all the nooks and corners of our home, which you already know, of course. And none of it was a door that needed to be unlocked-“

She went rigid, eyes glazing over. The pyramid brightened at the same time, but returned to normal just as quickly. Both person and holocron had a simultaneous reaction and both were released as one.

“I saw it,” she exclaimed, grabbing her immobile companion and holding it out in front of her, giving it a shake. “There is a door!” The woman was so beside herself that she planted a firm but brief smack of a kiss on the one of its triangular panes before leaping back to her feet, her mind holding firm to the vision she had just experienced.

There was a narrow hall; a single light hanging above; a stone staircase that led up and a large wooden door at its end; a single lock above the handle.

Swiping the key back up and then reaching a hand out for the chair by her desk, a jacket flew off the back and into her outstretched hand just as she moved towards her door. “It doesn’t make sense how I’ve never noticed it before, right?” She was walking swiftly down a corridor, making turns here and there without thinking. She knew exactly where to go. “I’ve walked by that very spot so many times and…. wait, could it have been shrouded from my view somehow?” She drew up to a halt, talking to her ‘friend’ again.

“The Force, Holo,” - a nickname. “It was the Force.” And she took off again, nearly at a run.

As if it had always been there, blending seamlessly into the dark and worn surroundings she knew intimately, along an approaching wall was an alcove. Panting lightly, she slowed and crept up to it in cautious awe, peeking around the corner before throwing herself into full view.

There before her was the hall, then the stairs, and as her head tipped back – the door with the lock at the top. As she stared, curiosity gripping her, she could have sworn the key she held tight in one hand felt as though it was giving off heat.

There was another vision of sorts then, before she could begin her ascent to hells knew where. This time, however, there were no clear images. In their place were clear feelings and emotions, an odd urging in a particular direction. It was a strong enough episode that it washed away any nerves or trepidation she may have been beginning to sense take hold, beating them away until the only thing left was complete certainty in what she would do next, and where she needed to go.

Slipping on her jacket and with key in one hand, holocron in the other, the woman made her way up the stairs. Her eyes never once strayed from the door and the second she reached the top, the key slid into its place and one audible click later, the heavy door slipped from the frame and swung outward without a sound. While it was brighter up here, it was still somewhat dark, allowing her eyes to adjust without much issue.

In truth, she had no idea where she was or where she was going as much as she didn’t even know her name, but there was something guiding her along a predetermined path. And she really couldn’t say no to the will of the Force, could she?

Sounds reached her ears as she pushed on, pricklings of awareness reaching her senses – there were others close by. Living things…

“-to be chosen as an apprentice.”

She slowed a bit, closing in on an open door. Beyond it was where she was being taken, and where that voice had come from. An apprentice… of the Master? Or no… she couldn’t remember exactly what her holocron had told her. But where there was a Master, she knew there could be a student.

Coming alongside the entrance, she peered around the side, cradling her holocron to her chest. It felt as intrigued by today’s events as she.

There was a tall being with red skin, walking forward and talking. “I’m Sek'nos Rath, and I’m Force sensitive. I found out when I did this…” and he lifted from the floor, floating there like he was weightless. She gasped loudly, then belatedly took note of the others in the room.

Her eyes darted about unnaturally, not knowing what – who – to focus on first. She had never seen actual living things before, if you didn’t count the occasional leggy creature she encountered in her home downstairs. It was disorienting, thinking all this had been just above her head since… well since she could remember. Had that been why she’d have stirrings of feelings, longing for things she didn’t know, dreams that… well they were dreams, so they weren’t real.

Tipping to one side, she nearly dropped Holo and grasped for the doorframe, crunching her eyes shut against the tilt to the room. She was probably interrupting the meeting going on, but it couldn’t be helped. Nor could the sharp realization that she was a part of this meeting, and she was meant to be here, right at this very moment.

Forcing her eyes back open, the first and only thing she saw was a table a small distance away and more specifically, the set of silver and gold cylinders on top of it. And even further, she stared directly at the one on far right of the line, like the other ones weren’t even there. It clicked.

“Are you… are you all the Protectors?” she asked them. Any of them.

TAGS: @Sinrebirth @darthbernael @greyjedi125 @TheAdmiral

17. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Sheel Ix

"The Holocron can only be accessed using the Force" Vydra answered her question. "It will only speak to you through the bond you will eventually develop with it but for your first time you will need to link with it through the Force and also touch it. It will provide visuals for you too."

The Force.

Her brow furrowed, her eyes blinked as she glanced from under the rim of her hood to him as he continued.

Vydra had said earlier that he was here to teach her the ways of the Force, that he was Force sensitive… He also had said that the Holocron will be the one to teach her until… ready to be trained by him? In order to access the holocron, one must use the Force and bind with it… yet… what was this Force?

There was warning of not allowing anyone else to use it. She had not quarrel with that request. There was something missing in all of this and certainly was not going to make it easy. Best to start with what she knew.

"You can decide your future now or you can watch as the galaxy burns when the time comes. But as I said before, trust the Force and it will always be with you wherever you go. But perhaps the only way you will get answers is to join the Protectors and perhaps find your home…before it is too late"

The hyperboles again. Yet there was something else… why did he mention about finding home? How would he…? Her bottom lip pouted as she eyed him curiously.

“By committing to this cause… if something feels uncomfortable, I will question it.” She advised him. “You probably picked up on some of that by now. As for the holocron, I can keep the device safe although right now there is a potential hurdle which might set me up for failure…” She took a deep breath as she studied his expression.

“You say I may access the holocron, the contents of which will explain it all to me. However, I must use the Force to open the holocron. But I do not know this Force of yours.” She arched her brow in question. “Will you be teaching me how to use the holocron before you go?“

18. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Sek'nos Rath
    Clock-Tower, Present Day

The red-skinned Sith responded to them each in turn as they arrived, blinking in surprise. A Kwa? Rare enough to be sure. Sek'nos felt his stomach writhe in anxious excitement.

“Hello, Sssek’Nossss Rath, I am N’Tael. I too was told to come here, to be chosen. The Forcccee isss all around, and drawsss usss when needed.”

He nodded. "Greetings N'tael. It does indeed, and here I am." He ached to ask about a quadrillion of questions, so, so, so very many of them.

Had he met the Master of Masters? Master Vydra? Anyone else before now from the Protectors? Had his Holocron shown him more than one entry, like him?

But the newcomer, a man with a quiet countenance, arrived in silence and while Sek'nos glanced to N'Tael, he went to speak before a woman arrived, clothed as much as a warrior as the first. The two of them were silent, if not stern, though Sek'nos was sure they were as anxious as he was. This was uncharted territory for them each and all. Lagertha Atreus and Jin Long did not introduce themselves, and Sek'nos stuttered.

Before he could marshal his confidence to speak again, a young woman arrived, holding her Holocron. “Are you… are you all the Protectors?

Sek'nos smiled, brandishing a grin. "We are, it seems. We've each been called here, and now, to start our training guide the world."

They would feel a reverberation, and from the pouch of Sek'nos floated his red Holocron. So to did the Holocrons of the others, emerging from pockets, or activating in the hands of No Name.

It activated, and it revealed an entry; the Second of Three Entries. The hooded Master appeared, though only one of them had ever met them - as far they were aware.

[​IMG]

Greetings Protectors,

I am the Master of Masters, and you have each been selected to guide the future in the aftermath of the Twilight Wars.

You will, by now, have each reviewed the First Lesson of my Holocrons. But for ease, I would play it again, to ensure that is the case.

The First Entry

“Protector apprentice; greetings - I am the Master, as you well know. I bequeath this message to you as a promise of what is to come. I am an ill omen, I am afraid.” He lifted his arms into a shrug.

“By the time you watch this, most of the disaster will have began. The Twilight War. All will be lost. Responsibility for starting over thereafter will be placed with you.” He pointed at the watcher. “Those that Master Vydra bequeathed the five Holocron's of Heresies. You may have heard rumours of a Holocron of Prophecy, which detailed what was is to occur. The Holocron of Heresies is the opposite; it is about what happens after the first wave of devastation. Sublime stuff, right?” He sounded sarcastic.

“After, the great darkness of the Seven will emerge, and it will be your task to prepare the world for that fight. To create a refuge from the Twilight Wars. Once you have come to know your comrades, the Second of the Three Lessons contained in this Holocron will direct you how to create the new world.”

A shrug. “I fully expect you to stay out of the way for now; what happens between the Protector Masters to stop the War will be beyond you - stay safe; stay alert.”

“Before the Old Ones return. There are other entries in this Holocron; entries about the past. About the Cosmic Wars of Protector Legend, which some of you may know. Of the great battles between the Celestials and their children the Architects, and the Old Ones that they spawned. This is what we face the return of; that is what we must we must prepare for the defeat of.”

He bowed. “I thank you for your attention and your service. May the Force be with you, my friend.”

Indeed, not all of them had reviewed this, but some had, and some had not. That variable the Master seemed to have taken into account.

Some of you received the Holocron directly, of course, and simply came upon the Holocron at Master Vydra's guidance. Either, or.

This was true. Each of them had a Holocron of Heresy, through each of their means.

What was also true is that each of them felt a resonance with a specific lightsaber upon the desk, which promptly began to float to them. Rath took his and frowned at the weapon, glancing at the others. His thumb was already resting on the emitter. It felt small in his hand, but filled with power; yet almost weightless.

[​IMG]

For my second lesson, we have some house-keeping. Let me make this abundantly clear: there are no leaders. Leaders are not necessary for you as Protectors. There may very well be someone who is considered First Among Equals. There may not. One day, perhaps a Grand Protector will be necessary - or whatever variation of the word Protector arises. But for now, that has been said and done.

I am sure you heard of myself, the Master of Masters, or, if not, then the subsequent leader of the Protector Masters,
    Joren Graal. But I appreciate that you had been tasked with remaining in hiding, or been hidden, so if not, don't worry! It's fine. You're not them, and they're not you. Okay?

Either way, you have a lightsaber each which will be drawn to you. It is open to your impression. Grasp the lightsaber, and focus upon it... and the crystal will reveal your alignment to it. Make sure your mind is clear, Protectors, and you will see the results of your efforts.

The Holocron of the cloaked man grew silent, and observed.

It was not so much a recording as interacting with them, expecting and anticipating.

They would now be able to focus on their crystal and fill it with their thoughts; their hopes; their curiosity; their thoughts; their dreams; their nightmares, perhaps.

Quiet filled the room, and Sek'nos Rath did as asked.

He concentrated as he held the lightsaber, reaching out with his heart as much as his peering eyes. His eyes closed in thought, and he imagined himself brandishing the lightsaber as a hero, valiantly defending Nouane from whatever dark beasts existed out in the depths.

The Sith hoped, and wished, and believed.

TAG: @TheAdmiral, @greyjedi125, @QueenSabe7, @darthbernael

OOC: Please focus on the crystal but I will announce your colour in my next TAG. Familiar to some, perhaps.
    ---
    IC: Darth Caedus

Nouane City, Nouane

[​IMG]

Ah.

So here he was.

Folding his arms, he regarded the City, wondering whether he had done the right thing, or the wrong.

But, it was here where he could change things.

It was here, where he could undo what was to come.

He would become the Dark Man here, the very first one, and prevent the ruination to come.

What he had seen on the Throne would not become true.

It was here where he would found his new Sith Empire.

In the very heart of history itself.

TAG: No-One

OOC: @Corellian_Outrider, I do have a TAG for ye after your meeting with Vydra; I leave ye both to wrap up. @Jerjerrod-Lennox.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  19. AgentViper007

Mar 9, 2005

Vydra didn't doubt he would question everything. However it could get annoying possibly for the other students but perhaps that was just what she was like. And it reminded him of his old friend Joren who always questioned everything and was more suspicious about people’s motives than he was. Whilst Vydra was an inward thinker, Joren preferred to voice his and it seemed Sheel was the same.

Although when she said here was potential hurdle that could set her up for failure that concerned him. Did the Master know about this too?. Or was she hiding a secret that even the Master did not detect?. He hated people having secrets although he could talk, he was hiding a big one from his fellow Protectors at the moment concerning the future and what was about to happen. But he resolved to reveal all before it was too late, and the people he had found would hopefully not do the same.

And Shel had not realized she was Force sensitive, or maybe had just dismissed it as part of her hunter heritage. However like him it seemed that she had not grasped that she had the Force, that it could make her see things others could not, that it was a guide for them to point them in the right direction.

Now to teach her how to use the Holocron, and a quick lesson in the Force.

“The Force is an energy field created by all living things, it surrounds us and helps bind the galaxy together. The Force is everywhere, it is even with us right now. You can feel it in the forests, in the air, in the ground, even emanating from people. You have probably felt it during a hunt, and you may not have realised it. It can sharpen your reflexes, warn you of danger, and can even guide you to places, people or things just as it guided me to you” he smiled slightly “Some say it would be fate, but in this case it is the Force”
    “It can also be affected by your emotions. If you are angry or you give in to darker emotions it can be used to maim or even kill. Meditation will help you to center yourself and help you to control your feelings. But it’s not just that. It’s making sure you use your talents for good, not for evil. You may become seduced by the dark, and if you do you could set yourself and the galaxy on a path of destruction. To be a Protector is to protect all that is good in the Force and the galaxy. It is up to you which path you choose but you must choose wisely”

He moved the Holocron towards Sheel “Touch the Holocron with one of your hands, reach out with your senses and feelings, sense the world around you and feel the Holocron call to you. It will then speak to you”

His voice turned serious “And perhaps it will give you the final push you need to make your decision….”

20. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Jin Long
    The Clock Tower

It felt right to be here, among other Protectors, for that is what Jin Long considered himself, that is what he was at his core, a Protector. Not only of his village, and the Temple, and his brothers and sisters, but all those who could not protect themselves against evil.

Prior to his journey to the Clock Tower, the Abbot himself had given him the glowing pyramid, though now he knew what it was: A holocron; a repository of much knowledge.

Through this device, The Master of Masters had taught him much indeed, such things that he hadn’t known before. For starters, that which he called ‘Prana’ was also called ‘The Force’. The principles of Light and Dark, Good and Evil, seemed universally the same; however, events such as The Twilight War and beings such as the Old Ones, only engendered more questions than answers.

Despite of all the newness of his recent experience, this place, these beings, it all felt right. This is where he belonged.

And so it was, that he sat cross-legged, in Lotus Position, holocron sitting on the palm of his left hand as he levitated half a meter from the ground.

Jin Long kept his eyes closed. His conductive tattoos glowed and pulsed softly, while his mind entered a calm and centered meditative state. In his inner mind, he saw himself sitting upon an endless grassy field under an open blue sky, winds blowing softly, humming harmoniously. A stream could be heard nearby, carrying its glistening and seemingly mercurial fluid. His right hand was outstretched as he reached out, both in the real world and the one inside his mind.

For now, there was nothing else besides him and the lightsaber floating his way. He could sense the crystal within it, almost like a living thing. Jin Long opened his right hand, inviting the hilt to rest upon his open palm, a similar scene taking place inside his mind.

It was there that he requested the crystal reveal itself to him, though he had no expectations whatsoever. The answer, if any, could come immediately, or perhaps over time. Even silence would be an answer in its own way. Before anything was realized in the material world, he would experience it first inside his mind.

Tag: @Sinrebirth (@QueenSabe7, @darthbernael, @TheAdmiral )

21. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    IC N'Tael
    Clock Tower Courtyard

‘Eclectic group, but interesssting, mossstly nonhuman.’ N'Tael mused as the group had gathered. He stayed squatting on his haunches as he waited for them all to arrive, most silently so he had no way to judge anything about them yet. Once they all had, with the arrival of the one whose mind flitted from spot to spot, never centered on anything at all, it seemed to begin.

First there was a review of the First lesson, that they all had seen, felt, experienced. And then the Second began. He squatted, quietly absorbing what the Holocron spirit explained and it resonated inside him, in tune to one of the sabers on the table before him. When the Holocron went silent he thought for a few moments, ignoring the others. ‘One for usss each, and our mindsss choosssse the color, hmmm.’ he thought.

Holding up one of his three fingered hands he reached out and waited for his saber to come to him. Soon enough, one of them floated off of the table and settled into his grasp. He closed his clawed hand around the handle and could feel the crystal inside reaching out to him. It felt incomplete, missing something. And then he realized what it was missing came from him and that was why the crystal was searching him, to find the bond between them.

Now he looked around, noting the others, either doing as he did or preparing to do so. But again he knew this was a private moment, one he had to complete alone. Noting that the sun had shifted slightly he spied a shadow big enough to cover him as he meditated. Coming off his haunches, he knew his height and form, let alone what he was, could cause startlement among the others but his mind was focused on the task at hand.

Moving to the shadow, he squatted then crossed his bowed legs, settling into a low seated position. Ensuring his hood was fully pulled over his head, concealing him further from the rest, he began to delve into his own mind, bringing the essence of the crystal with him, letting it touch him, establish bonds with him. His white on white eyes began glowing with an inner fire and his darker blue stripes began to glow a vivid blue color, neither seen by his compatriots. Opening his mind fully to the crystal, knowing that otherwise the bond would be incomplete, he allowed it access to portions of his mind no other being would see or be able to comprehend.

The first he dove into were the racial memories of the Kwa, as it would allow the crystal to understand more fully the other part that was locked tighter than any secure vault ever created. Here he showed it the creators, the Celestials. He showed it the time of peace and Light, when the Kwa worked hand in hand with other precursor races to venerate the Celestials and build wonders that today were more unknown than even he was, the Star Temples. He showed it the vast network that sprang up as world upon world was connected and any being could travel from one to another with merely a step into the Temple. He let it observe as young race after young race was brought to the Light and civilization flourished. ‘Light, ssssso much Light, too much Light.’ he thought.

The racial memories continued to flow and now the Dark Ones appeared, and the taint of darkness could be seen spreading across the stars as race after race turned from the Celestials and to their own ends, or those of the Dark Ones. He allowed it to see how his own race was blind to and tricked by the Dark Ones to serving their ends and how their great works were corrupted and used in ways that spread the Darkness further and faster. He let it see as the creators departed unwilling to aid those who had turned against them. He let it see as the darkness spread to almost every world. ‘Dark, sssso much Dark, too much Dark.’ he thought, echoing the first sentiment of the Light.

He let it see the ensuing battles, the betrayals, the fall of his kind and other precursor races. His, outside of others remembered those times more clearly though because they shared their memories, added to them, as the eons passed. ‘We esssscaped the End, whether by Light or by Dark, but we failed, doomed, casssst down to lessss than ourssselvess.’ He let it see as his kind maintained the locks they had placed on the Star Temples, kept any race from being able to access them, closed the galaxy off from itself, and forced all the worlds to fend for themselves. ‘Our fault, our ressssponsssibility.’ he let the crystal feel his shame, his need to do what was needed to ensure what needed done.

As the racial memories faded, he let it access the second, more secure area of his mind. Here even Master Vydra had not sensed or touched. He brought the crystal's essence beyond the shields, the locks, and as he opened himself to what was there. All that could be seen was endless swirling shades of every shade of Light and Darkness, from the deepest black of Darkness to the most neutral grey to the whitest white of Light. ‘Thisssss isss what issss necessessary.’ he thought, ‘Light mussst thrive, but sssso musssst Dark.’

He could feel the crystal’s confusion, knowing it was a part that was meant to secure the Light’s victory, not knowing why Dark was also necessary. ‘The End comesss when either ssside is truly victoriousss.’ he pulsed to the crystal. ‘To Protect we mussst Protect it all.’ As the trip though his mind, his spirit, continued, letting the crystal see his drive, his determination, his need to do what needed to be done, he felt the crystal begin to understand, to know what drove the Kwa and more importantly himself. He could feel them beginning to synch.

As the bond between himself and the crystal fully melded, he felt it’s energy wrap around him, join his own, meld with his, and together their essences exploded with a powerful energy, shining in his mind. ‘Sssssso beautiful.’ he thought as he began to come out of the meditation trance. As he stood, still encased in shadows, not just his eyes but his darker stripes began to glow the color he had been shown. He stayed still, standing, waiting, as the others were allowed to experience their own epiphanies, to join with their crystals, to take the first true step to becoming Protectors.

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @QueenSabe7, @greyjedi125 , @TheAdmiral

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  22. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    The Clocktower Temple, Nouane

When the last person had arrived, a girl looking confused, the Second Lesson began. It mentioned some events that she knew vaguely. Some names and terms were different. It also spoke of a future conflict. Of course the Master was vague as usual. She needed more, maybe there will be more information in the Temple, a library or something like that. Lagertha was not the bookworm type but if she was to do her duty as a Protector it would take more than her abilities to wield a sword and fight.

So these hilts were supposed to be lightsabers. Lagertha frowned, she did not want to part with her own sword. But as a Protector she must not get too attached to items. She can always send Shadowcutter back to her tribe. One step at a time. First she needed to bond with her new weapon. Lagertha drew her sword and kissed the hilt turning the blade down and with a swift stroke she pierced the floor with it.

Lagertha knelt before it, closing her eyes. She could see a gray, overcast sky, a snow covered field. Cold, dead wind blew in her face. There was an approaching darkness coming towards her. It was an amorphous mass, a primordial evil encroaching on the Galaxy. Lagertha knew that she could not stop it, not alone, but still she drew her sword and shield and faced it…

In the physical world the hilt landed in her palm. Her thumb found the activator button… A snap hiss… Light pierced the darkness in her mind…

TAG: @Sinrebirth @darthbernael @QueenSabe7 @greyjedi125

23. QueenSabe7

Mar 23, 2001
    IC: Her
    Clock-Temple, Nouane

She was still pressed against the wall beside the door, not yet having progressed so much as an inch further into the room. Her emotions were warring with themselves; the desire to get closer to the rest and the fear of doing so playing tug-of-war. For now her eyes remained transfixed on the forcesaber that whispered to her in the Force, even as the red-skinned male addressed her impatient but pertinent question – were those gathered here the fabled Protectors her Holo had told her about? Part of the stories it had shared with her? The Master had shared?

"We are, it seems. We've each been called here, and now, to start our training guide the world."

The woman broke contact with the beautiful weapon atop the desk to stare intensely at him. She had certainly been drawn to this exact spot by an unknown curiosity, the beginnings of which she couldn’t say. But to think she was one of… well, them?

We? As in… me?”

As if to answer her, the red pyramidal holocron she cradled securely against her chest began to vibrate in a familiar way. Nudging free of her grasp, it glided to hover just before her at shoulder height, its glow pulsing vibrantly. Activating. Perhaps the idea that she could become one of the great Protectors wasn't so absurd after all? In many ways, she had been preparing for this without realizing. She smiled knowingly as the vague image of the Master materialized above the device, and because this had happened countless times before, she bowed once out of respect and then waited expectantly for a new morsel of knowledge.

These moments had become the most favorite parts of her days.

Having already devoured the First Lesson he referred to as he began, and then opted to repeat in case anyone else hadn’t, she listened to it again like it was the first time. To her, any lesson new or heard was just as exciting no matter how many times it was shared. Because in those darkest hours at night, when she would sometimes allow her mind to press at things that constantly nagged her but she kept away from out of fear, the terror of what little she actually knew of her reality would become too much to bear. She would retreat to the bottomless depths of Holo whenever that dread crept up on her, her one and only confident returning her to safety. And she was always rewarded with a lesson of great value. She assumed.

This was one such time of profit and she beamed at the holocron, her connection to it obvious to anyone that would care to notice. Of course, its time in the spotlight of her heart would soon need to be shared, as once more her gaze was drawn back to that particular forcesaber she had spotted upon entering this room. It was levitating towards her now, sliding in beside the red pyramid so that she could reach out with her hand and take it.

A comforting wave of warmth ran up her arm from her fingertips, the very second she made contact with the unfamiliar hilt. It seemed to know her, however, providing a temporary balm to her lingering anxiety towards the activity around her. She knew then, it belonged to her now; automatically at her touch, it became hers.

Falling inward on herself as she remained momentarily soothed, her eyes slipped shut as her fingers tightened around the silver cylinder.

Grasp the lightsaber, and focus upon it... and the crystal will reveal your alignment to it. Make sure your mind is clear, Protectors, and you will see the results of your efforts.

The Master’s voice was muffled, speaking to her as if from behind a closed door.

A door.

A memory.

Blurred vision gave way to clear shapes and dim lighting – she was lying on her back, staring up at a cracked and worn stone ceiling. It was cold, somewhat damp, and whirring noises like small motors and gears working close by drew her focus to her side. She tipped her head over until her cheek was pressed against the soft sheets beneath her.

A mechanical creature –
    droid, an inner voice prodded – was placing a bundle of clothing and garments upon the desk by the door. “Where is this?” she had asked it groggily, her own voice startling her enough to bring her upright. The room spun as a result of her quick movements, her pulse quickening in a panic.

The door, she looked back to the door. It had no handle or lock on the side that faced her. And she reached for it, but the droid with the clothing suddenly stepped into her view. Its front was flat and non-descript, basic silver paneling covering its innards. It was new-looking, she remembered. Shiny and unmarked, clear, like a mirror. And like a mirror she saw a face staring back at her as she peered into the reflective surface, but she did not know this face. Not at all.

“Who am I?” she had asked, eyes wide and brimming with tears… and the droid did not respond.

The memory dissolved at that point, leaving her feeling whiplashed for how quickly it had passed through her mind. She had never relived that time with such clarity as she had now, remembering things she previously had forgotten. It made her feel uncomfortable. And afraid.

The muscles in her body were trembling, every one of them, the skin over her knuckles strained white as he fingers squeezed the saber hilt harder. Clear you mind, clear your thoughts, she pleaded to herself. This was not what the Master had requested, this was not what was asked of her. This state of foreboding would only ruin the exercise! But there was no escaping the unknown that gripped her, a black void of nothing in her brain that she had never been able to access. It had constantly teased her, though. Like a word or name on the tip of your tongue that you can’t recall no matter how closely you danced around it.

The crystal was bonding to her despite the turmoil it seemed to be causing, weaving new pathways between herself and it, much as she had experienced with her holocron though vastly different. There was something far more intimate in this pairing, like the magical stone could read every thought and see into her very soul. Everything that made her her laid bare, made vulnerable.

'Who am I?' she had asked before, a question that still stood now even as she shared herself with such a sacred artifact as her crystal. Even now, when she still did not know her own name.

TAGS: @Sinrebirth @darthbernael @greyjedi125 @TheAdmiral

24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Sek'nos Rath
    The Clock-Temple, a year after the First Great Lesson, the Convocation of the Next Protectors

The moment came again. The Force breathed in, deeply, and in short order, a series of events occurs. Their blades responded.

Sek'nos Rath was first, and were the Master here, he would have smiled at the childishness of his intentions. Caring about what others thought of him, rather than what he was in-fact. There was a terrible need there, and that need responded much as it would any other. His Forcesaber crackled, and a blade of purple burst free. A life balanced between the light and the dark.

Jin Long's Forcesaber burst the colour that could only be associated with harmony. He was utterly accepting of all matters. Where the Master here, he would be softly impressed by the man's inner peace, though how deep that went he would want to probe. However, the crystal did that for all to see. The weapon shone with white. A calm and clear blade.

Next came the alien N'Tael, with his alien sentiments of balance and the embracing of the wider view, rather than that of the Protector. The crystal grew confused, and, inevitably, upset. It was unhappy to be paired with a Protector with views of balance rather than light, but it was a mirror of its partner and so birthed the second blade of purple. Another life balanced between the light and the dark, but precariously... for the crystal glimpsed the future, though this was not evident to any.

As Lagertha bonded with her crystal while thinking of the future, of what was to come and what was to be. She had a legacy behind her, and knew of the Great Darkness that the Protectors had faced in legend, some sixty five millennia ago. She was a Knight, and radiated focus. There were no pitfalls to her, only her razor like intent. But it was balance spoiled with an edge, and so her blade was birth in grey, or, rather, silver. A more disciplined version of the lie of heroism or the mischief of a precarious edge.

Last was No Name.

Who am I.

Who am I.

Who.

Am.

I.

The question resonated within the woman and the lack of an identity would have given the crystal an issue with its own. But, the crystal had a secret, and that secret made it cry. The keening was akin to bleeding, and the blade bled red. The colour, sadly, one day to be associated with the Lords of the Sith.

One day.

But not today.

The Master's hologram nodded.

"There you go. Your colours. There were a few the same so it's kinda difficult to work out. Maybe a couple of whites? A couple of purples? I mean, purple is a shade of red so that doesn't really help me much but I have your names on a list so it's all fine. Either way - the colours reflect a part of your personality, so I am sure you can work it out yourself. Good and bad colours are all relative to yourself. We have a good, balanced spread, so I wouldn't worry too much. But know that the Dark will seek to be active in the New World, and you will have to attend to that. Protect, until it is time for the Third Lesson. It will become obvious what you must stop in time."

At that, the Holocron's grew silent.

Leaving them with their thoughts, and their mysteries.

TAG: @QueenSabe7, @greyjedi125, @darthbernael, @TheAdmiral
    ---
    IC: Darth Caedus

Wandering the streets of Nouane City

What an interesting world, he thought, as he wandered the markets and ignored the stares he received from the natives. It was a very cosmopolitan world, considering that the traditional hyperdrive had yet to be invented. Indeed, the galactic community had fallen away many millennia ago, according to the Telos Holocron.

Was it really here, that the First Change had occurred? This was not flow-walking he was used to; it was not mere projection but following a shatterpoint in the very Force itself. Flow-walking did not change the past, no, but it did enable him to change peoples memories of things.

What he was doing here was tracing a wound, but it was a wound buried beneath more recent ones.

The first wound to the Force.

The first time someone had tried to change it.

The first time she had escaped.

He had to be sure he was at the right point.

Then his domain would start anew; and the True Dark Lord would never rise to undo reality.

How he had missed it, in his wanderings as Jacen Solo, Caedus had no idea. The Shadow within the shadows.

He had been so close.

There would be no need to become the Sixth Dark Man this time.

Today, Darth Sidious would be stopped before he even began.

The End of Time would not be enabled by Caedus; he would simply stop it, and take the future as his won.

TAG: No One.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  25. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    IC: N’Tael
    Purple, Interesting

Purple and his natural blue, yes, very interesting. He absently wondered what his new companions would make of the change in the color of his eyes. But then again they had only just met when the whole process, the whole introspection and bonding with their blades had occurred, so chances were great that they didn’t or hadn’t noticed.

Internally he felt his crystal and knew that the introduction and melding of it and he was just the beginning. There would be much to explore together, and introduce the crystal to. He could feel it’s reluctance still, it's not full understanding of his own beliefs and how they worked with him being a Protector. However they were bonded so it understood enough to accept that he was what was its other half, the side that was needed to be able to give form to their joint need to do what needed doing.

Listening to the Master’s words, N’Tael realized that not even that being knew who would get which color, who was who, or what the outcome itself would be. Then thinking more, ‘Or he knowssss but isssn’t telling anyone, even the Massster who chossse us.’

After the Holocron faded and they were left in silence, he looked around the space, observing each of his classmates, seeing what colors their blades had turned, and formulating his own observations of them, based upon that.

‘Interesssssting,’ he thought, ‘The Sssssith and I are both balancccced. I musssst learn more of him.’ That being seemed joyous but wondering at his having been chosen as a Protector. He was the most outgoing of them all so N’Tael had a feeling that one would become an anchor point that the other’s would orbit, in different ways.

‘Hmmmm the monk, a white blade, Doessssn’t mean he’ssss pure but we sssshall sssseee.’ ran through his mind as he observed Jin Long. That being hadn’t said a word, but N’Tael could feel the energy flowing from him, strong, peaceful, one to watch in case his only cause was that of peace at any cost.

A slight smile touched his reptilian visage as he saw Lagertha’s blade color, ‘A conflicted warrior. Ssssshe has hidden depths that ssshee issss glosssing over to be here.’ This one seemed interesting with the way her blade had colored. It caused N’tael to wonder what it may be that was causing her hang up where it came to being a Protector, whether it was being so far from her own home range or the fact they weren’t what she had been expecting. He would keep an eye out in either case.

‘Very interessssting,’ was his thought at the Nameless woman’s blade color. ‘Pain, lossss, grief. Ssssshe I want to know more of, but without pussshing her.’ N’Tael could feel the swirling, conflicted energy from her, the pain, the gaping wounds that seemed to occupy spaces in her energy that should be filled with identity or person. There was a deep mystery there and he knew that something would have to be resolved for her, even though that was not his purpose, but that the answer could be even more dividing or more explosive for her, the class, or even the Protectors themselves.

Each he saw had positive and negative aspects to them and he knew not yet their purpose, exactly. But somehow he knew that they were a disparate group brought together and would have to find a way to have common purpose to take their roles when it was time, however they had to accomplish those roles when it was time. And he knew there was more, so much more that needed to happen, or might happen, some of which he felt wasn’t going to be exactly as the Master or Master Vydra had foreseen.

As he thought, his empty three clawed hand dipped into his robes, closing around the holocron he had been given, thinking about the lessons they had already been given, the information that had already been shared with them and what that could mean for future lessons.

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, @QueenSabe7, @greyjedi125, @TheAdmiral

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019