main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Essential Atlas and Galactic Cartography: Official Discussion

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CeiranHarmony, Oct 14, 2005.

1. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Taris could also be a subsector within the Ojoster regional sector, since "sector" is used interchangeably for the two.

If you're thinking that's a handy fix for millions of potential errors, changes of plans and ambiguous cases, you've got a bright future in the retcon business! [face_dancing]

2. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    or sectors had been renamed, sector boarders redrawn etc. over history and the Atlas appendix lists just the sectors for a certain era :p

I love retcons ;) though I fear the day only retcons will be known of out GFFA and no original parts anymore :p

3. Dark_Guardian

Dark_Guardian Jedi Master star 2

Apr 11, 2004
    Another quick question: I can't find the Marcellus System in the Online Companion. The only thing that comes close is the Marca-System, which is the name of Marcellus' first planet. However, Marca is in the meerian Sector, which is not really close to the Expansion region.

However, Marcellus is supposed to be in the Marcellus Nebula, near, but not in the Sumitra Sector, which is in the Expansion Region, if my memory serves me right.

The Wook says that Marcellus is in the Outer Rim, but I've skimmed (very briefly) through the module and didn't find a mention of that.

Can anyone help me with that?

4. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Some systems in the Atlas are listed by planet, rather than the system name (usually in cases where the planet is the more recognizable name). The "Marca" entry could be for the system, though I couldn't tell you about the positioning issue.

5. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Marca/Marcellus is in N-6, ORT. Sumitra is Expansion Region, O-7. Seem pretty close to me -- recall the Mid Rim is about as wide as a village street out there....

6. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Actually, Jason, you've already come up with the fix prior. Taris Sector is a reference from the pre-Ruusan Reformations reorganization of the sectors and therefore doesn't have to conform to the modern mappings. :D

7. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Ha. That's amusing -- thanks for remembering. Though the most likely such reorganization would have it becoming a subsector, so there we are again....

8. Dark_Guardian

Dark_Guardian Jedi Master star 2

Apr 11, 2004
    Thanks for the quick answer. :)

9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Little aside; in 8 ABY when the New Republic/Rogriss/Teradoc invaded Zsinj's Domain, I assume the New Republic took a bite out of the Oplovis Sector and Pentastar Alignment to nab Ketaris and Generis, respectively, during this period? Was that not a stupid thing, Ackbar? [face_laugh] Nice IU reason why the PA, Oplovis Sector and Cuitric Hegemony all allied with the Empire shortly after, though.

I also note that Zsinj's domain included several fortress worlds in the Corporate Sector, Lianna, Makem Te etc, and these vanish when he took them - is this, Jason, a reference to Zsinj disarming worlds and taking their assets to Dathomir? If so, I like it. :cool:

10. Senator_Cilghal

Senator_Cilghal Jedi Master star 5

Jul 19, 2003
    Ok, the Togorian male leader is called the "Margrave"

a Margrave is a March-Lord, ie, a lord tasked with defending the Marches (Frontier regions) of a kingdom or empire

This got me curious about the origin of this position on Togoria, which in Imperial times is almost Ceremonial. What kingdom or empire was Togoria once a "March" of?

11. Plaristes

Plaristes Jedi Master star 3

Jul 2, 2007
    I'm reading Dooku's Secret Army and in one of the paths, you travel to Xxan, a water world in the outer rim (page 53). Is this a new planet? I didn't see it in the Atlas appendix and it doesn't have an entry on wookieepedia.

12. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    yub definitely new

13. Plaristes

Jul 2, 2007
    I think Pzandias (page 108 of Dooku's Secret Army) is also a new planet. [face_thinking]

14. Plaristes

Jul 2, 2007
    I just got off ebay a copy of WotC's Attack on Endor Scenario Book. There's some cool stuff here, including a planet that I don't see in the Atlas, Magar's World. There isn't much detail about the planet given except that it's a "backwater" that doesn't appear on most star charts.

15. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    what book is that you got? never even heard of it on wotc side or elsewhere???

16. Plaristes

Jul 2, 2007
    It's a small booklet that was packaged with the Attack on Endor minis, or so I gather. My copy was being sold loose (which is why I was able to buy it for $1.13 in mint condition [face_dancing] ).

17. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    tell me more about the EU content. I wonder if all minis got such things. or how many there are. any idea? how many pages? images? artwork? hmmm... I know another board where this might be of interest ;)

18. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    I was worried that there might be a star system or two in the Minis material. With reason, apparently.

19. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    don't worry... it is just a mini-starsystem :p

and as Plaristes said it does not appear on most charts.. so you could say you respected that :p

20. Plaristes

Jul 2, 2007
    I'm not sure this is the right thread for that. I'll say in brief that it's 32 pages long, most of the art is from the films, and some of the cool new info includes a minis scenario of the Vong attacking a planet while refugees flee and another of a Nightsister-led gang of force sensitive outlaws attacking the academy on Yavin IV right after Desann attacked it with Kyle Katarn leading the Jedi to fight them off. :cool:

21. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    sweeet... you could create a topic about these booklets. if anybody has more, we need the EU stuff collected and analysed. hope this is canon

22. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Howdy folks. Trying to track down a few potential star systems, either for the next online appendix or the one after that, and after nearly going blind I thought I'd crowdsource it out.

So, if you're game, please help me locate the references (specific page #s) for these:

ADVENTURE JOURNAL #6
    Tallek

ADVENTURE JOURNAL #9
    Kurdavvian sunrise

More to come! Any help much appreciated!

23. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Tallek, p. 194, "The Cure":

"When Tallek had that outbreak of thorn fever, [the Empire] just hauled all the sick off to isolation camps and let them die."

24. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Rockin'! One down! And two new ones....

Current geographic bounties seeking page #s:

ADVENTURE JOURNAL #9
    Kurdavvian sunrise

CRACKEN'S REBEL OPERATIVES
    Klatoon

GALAXY GUIDE 2
    Galltine -- suspect this is in the 2nd edition of the book; if you have it please also quote context?

25. Xicer

Xicer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2008
    Galltine: GG2 2nd Ed., p. 92

"Elea has generated a very detailed electronic history for Kel - the character has birth records on Galltine, early service in the Hammo job corp, and docking passes to many spaceports."

Elea is a Rebel operative and Kel is a fake identity she created.

As for Klatoon, the closest I could find was an entry on a "Klatooinan" mechanic named Baarak Kalaim on p. 20 of the Dossier. I'm guessing "Klatooinan" is a misspelling of Klatooinian.