main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Essential Atlas and Galactic Cartography: Official Discussion

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CeiranHarmony, Oct 14, 2005.

1. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    Or maybe he's just kept abreast of Republic hardware development (something his father would of course be keenly interested in) and knew that the Jedi starfighters employed the new droid design.

2. Senator_Cilghal

Senator_Cilghal Jedi Master star 5

Jul 19, 2003
    Wow....

I just noticed the fix about Ahsoka having a "prototype" R7 is also in the LEGO Star Wars Visual Dictionary!

3. Xicer

Xicer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2008
    Holy Online Companion update, Batman! And now all in a handy little PDF.

Thanks for fixing the little Bofa/Bota mess, Jason.

4. Senator_Cilghal

Jul 19, 2003
    what is up with the separate Krenher and Krenhner Sectors and how does Krenher Sector Station tie in to all this?

should Crakull be in Croke Reach?

Isn't Vrosynri in Ciutric Hegemony?

5. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004

Hey Cilghal, have you already read the new "Adventures in Hyperspace" books with Han and Chewie? Some nice plantbased lifeforms in there that are just interesting. And lots of good perfect Atlas-use by Windham.

PS @ Jason: I want the homeworld of the plantbased lifeforms that worked in the mines of the second book of this new young reader series.

some notes:

they are walking plants that are capable of working in mines, flying ships etc. that are grown in the earth from seeds (typical like plants) and then once large enough they can leave the earth and walk around like humanoid plants. (reminds me of Dathomiri spidertrees that have the opposite lifecycle starting as moving spiders and ending as trees in earth, or like the Neti)

I also loved the gamorrean walking fungi which might or might not be semi-intelligent. answer left deliberately open since Chewie got one as pet while others are Gamorrean food.

6. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    I'm in Orlando this weekend (signing Star Wars books, as it happens.) Will look at Krenher etc. when I get back to NYC. Big thanks to Pablo for the friendly PDF format.

7. Senator_Cilghal

Jul 19, 2003
    Have not found Avts in Hyp in bookstores here yet...

was Laratos a typo for Taratos?

I also noticed Hitaka has no sector placement although in Outer Rim

8. Senator_Cilghal

Jul 19, 2003
    http://boards.theforce.net/PostForms/PostReply.aspx?brd=10003&topic=30927177

My carto notes for Allies posted to above thread to avoid spoilers here...a small number of new planets

9. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    I noticed the creation of a "Corusca Sector" with "Coruscant Sector" becoming a subsector. Jason, I might be reading too much into it, but might that be from possible work on "Coruscant Region" map? [face_thinking]

There's already a few Outer Rim worlds without sector placement - Cholganna, Drongar, Devil's Asteroid, Kolaador...

10. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    I think most here missed your hint at the pdf ;)

so let me promote it a bit more:

NEXT ATLAS APPENDIX UPDATE AS DOWNLOADABLE PDF!!!

http://www.starwars.com/atlas/index.html

AWESOME, thx ;)

11. Malachi108

Malachi108 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2009
    I am confused. How come "The Veil Nebula" from The Clone Wars: Hero of Confederacy is different from the previously established "The Veil Nebula"? Both are obviously supposed to refer to the same location: Planet of Twilight mentions it as "fringes of the Spangled Veil Nebula" (note how "the" is uncapitalized) and the comic calls it "THE VEIL NEBULA" (with all capitals).

There is absolutely no point in making them two different places, while the comic specifically took action to the previously established location. It is just how in the case with Iego system and The Thousand Moon system (established to be the same in LECG), which somehow are placed at different coordinates by the Appendix - it just makes things unnecessarily more complicated.

12. Imperialles

Imperialles Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 20, 2005
    Excellent update! One question, though: the update mentions a "Baarstul" system among the new additions, but the .pdf itself only lists a "Baarstal" system. Which is correct?

13. Eyrezer

Eyrezer Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    Kesh appears to have been moved from M-21 to U-10. What precipitated this move? And shouldn't it be listed on the changes?

~ Eyrezer

14. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    What the....???

FOTJ Allies had it implied indirectly that it is closer to Kessel and the Maw but not necessarily so. Omen had it close to the Kathol Sector which makes more sense imho. I would not move it closer to the Maw except if any unpublished sources make it more likely to place it there. Though I have to admit it is easier to understand if it is there than as far out as with the Kathol where it is less likely that a Sith Ship turns up during the Great Hyperspace War. hmm

any other dramatic changes? hadn't checked all details yet

15. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    OK, various notes....

Krenher and Krenhner are different sectors. Probably shouldn't have been, but they're pretty established now. KSS is in Krenhner.

Crakull isn't necessarily part of the Croke Reach, though it wouldn't be a surprise to find out it is. Will check with LFL.

Vrosynri was in the Ciutric Hegemony, but isn't in Ciutric sector.

Taratos was called Laratos in manuscript, but changed for publication. I don't know what was behind the change.

Hitaka's missing sector was unintentional. I'd call it Cademimu, though I'll have to run that past LFL for the next update.

Baarstul is a typo -- it's Baarstal.

I think we moved Kesh for the previous update -- its position in the Atlas near the Kathol Reach is incorrect, based on a mistaken assumption made by me.

Re Corusca sector, afraid that isn't a hint -- no such project in the works. However, Dan and I ARE in the final stages of approval on an Atlas-related project for later this year, one that I think will be really awesome and hope becomes a reality. And I haven't given up on doing a Mid Rim sector map this year, though it's stuck behind WARFARE and some other things....

Will keep cataloging systems for the next appendix of course. Already have new worlds from the Clone Wars Character Encyclopedia and a couple of new DH titles listed in the database. Hopefully this latest update finishes out systems that got missed, goofs, etc. though let me know if you see others. Many thanks for everybody's eagle eyes and questions.

16. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    All right, so I was reading too much into it... :oops:

But it's still an excellent update. And the pdf is great too! :D

17. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Google Galaxy Far, Far Away?[face_praying]

18. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    U-10... interesting move. It's right near Hutt Space and Kessel... that explains why they are so interested in what is happening at Vontor and the Maw... but I assume that you located Kesh near the Kathol Rift because the Tribe were planning to attack Luke and Ben when they were in the Kathol Rift - thus in range.

I wonder why Kesh was moved... it doesn't work too well with the time it took for Luke to get to the Maw, and then for the Sith to equally get to Maw... but we'll see won't we, I suppose.

19. RS_Randy

RS_Randy Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2003
    Mr. Fry,

I recently started reading the Jedi Apprentice books to my 7-year-old son and he wanted to look up Bandomeer in the Atlas, and using the online Apprendix to locate it, we noticed that the Appendix lists Bandomeer at O-7, but the Atlas has Bandomeer at O-6 at the end of the Braxant Run. We were wondering if the Appendix coordinates were in error? Thanks for your time.

20. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    O-6 is correct. We'll put that right. Hope your son enjoys the books -- my own 7-year-old has read a few himself.

21. Senator_Cilghal

Jul 19, 2003
    ah...I didn't realize Ciutric Hegemony and Ciutric Sector were separate entities...so this also means Axxila can still be in Hegemony!

22. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    The boundaries of the Hegemony in the EA, IIRC, have Axxila outside of its control.

Edit: The warlord maps show both the Hegemony and Axxila, and the latter is definitely outside.

23. Senator_Cilghal

Jul 19, 2003
    new worlds from CW Character Guide:

Gorobei--the Frenk homeworld
    Secundus Ando--the Harch homeworld
    Phatrong--the Kyuzo homeworld
    Adana--the Faust homeworld
    Terrelia--the Jango Jumper homeworld
    Cosia--the Cosian homeworld

I suppose Secundus Ando is NOT in the Ando system, the planets of which are already all accounted for by Planet Hoppers

Also of note, Adi Gallia's near-human species is finally named as "Tholothian"...given her cousin being from Tholoth and both of them wearing Tholoth headdresses, this is not surprising, but I think this is still the first time the species has been canonically named

24. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    is it out? very early indeed... August was the release date, hmm

25. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Secundus Ando for the Harch? Is this a connection to the other Ando worlds and their Aqualish inhabitants? Are the Harch an offshoot of the Aqualish?