main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Essential Atlas and Galactic Cartography: Official Discussion

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CeiranHarmony, Oct 14, 2005.

1. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004

now that is nice! but why was it an old code then not used since 3000 years ago? sounded to me as if it was a code not used since then by any Jedi. though, might just be that the code sounded like an old code because of the timewarp.

2. Senator_Cilghal

Senator_Cilghal Jedi Master star 5

Jul 19, 2003
    forgive my bad memory...what is the Hadar Sector conundrum?

And would Sheela Run indicate a planet Sheela?

did the UK story the Professional! have any carto stuff?

also, Uk presented the new planet Hakara with native Hakarians...possible the smallest sentient species to date? (although I'm not sure how you'd rank gaseous or liquid species)...but almost certainly the smallest solid sentient species, except perhaps those ladybug people on Endor [name escaping me at moment]

3. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    "Turkana in the Hadar Sector" comes from one of the earlier EU sources, the X-Wing game - the opening movie depicts the Battle of Turkana, and one of the historical missions (set just prior according to the game guide) is also set at Turkana.
    Much like many of the locations from the game, Turkana was set in the region between Calamari Space and the Tion Cluster... which makes a lot of sense, really. The only problem is that Hadar Sector shows up in the section on the Senex/Juvex Sectors, as one of their Mid-Rim neighbors, far away from where Turkana is.
    It's a minor issue, one that just arose from the sheer mass of data. I had just been trying to think of a way that it could be resolved by keeping the planets and sectors where they are... and I just realized while looking at a US state map that with the large number of subsectors, there could easily be duplication of names, just like counties that share names with distant states.
    Yes, I think about stuff like this all the time... 8-}

4. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Printed off the updated online PDF file today. My in hand atlas is complete again.:p

5. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    The hyperspace route that cuts through Hutt Space in The Guns of Nar Hekka? One would presume that it would be a planet... kind of like the Corellian Run.

Yeah, they were essentially swarms of small insects that were intelligent. I wonder what happened to them since Anakin said that a Republic delegation would come to the world following that encounter... I mean, I don't see the Empire having any use for them beyond possible bio-weapons but you never know.

I'm also actually curious where Secundus Ando is... Wookiee indicates its in the Outer Rim but I'm not sure whether they named the system because it has any relation to the Ando system or its simple coincidence they named it like that.

6. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    It was the type of distress call, not the actual distress call itself, that hadn't been used in over 2000 years.

7. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    It's because there's a visual similarity between the Harch and the Andoans, implying that they're related.

8. Cronal

Dec 17, 2009
    So, its not just me who thought that? :p That the Harch and Andoans being related in some way? I thought so mainly cause of their facial features since the Andoans do have that spidery look on their faces though Harch seem to have it a lot more pronounced. Would be most interesting to see this explored.

9. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    We're pretty close to a new appendix update -- it's with the production folks at LFL -- and Sheela, Hakara and Secundus Ando are all part of it. There's also a fix for the Turkana/Hadar thing. More details when I get 'em.

10. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    Let's hope it doesn't need to be removed.

11. Senator_Cilghal

Jul 19, 2003
    accidentally put this in wrong thread:
    "Jason: so what are your thoughts on the Nexus Route? Any possibilities of an Atlas update related to it and other things from CWC?"

Of course, I'm not clear what separatist "homeworlds" are meant, since they are scattered, but I assume they mean the capital world Raxus?

Also, is Point Tarron a place on Lola Sayu, or a separate planet?

12. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    The ones in ROTS are just some of them, I assume there's more we haven't even seen yet.

13. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    It's possible that an interpretation could be the stronghold of the Confederacy in area surrounding the Tion Cluster - there's a number of significant Confederacy worlds there.
    Has someone IDed the races in the Separatist Congress?

14. LordDarthPaxis

LordDarthPaxis Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 23, 2010
    Since the Nexus Route would allow the Separatists to bypass the Republic's defences to attack Coruscant could it perhaps be tied in to the secret hyperlanes Grievous used to sneak through the Deep Core to attack Coruscant?

15. Cronal

Dec 17, 2009
    Speaking of Lola Sayu, I'm curious to know where it is located and when the Citadel came in operation. The way it sounded, it looked like it was a Republic prison designed to hold rogue Jedi so would that mean its closer to the Core? Or further away? Plus, when did it come operational? Was this during the Jedi Civil War era? The Cold War against the Sith Empire? Or the Republic Dark Age? Or perhaps after that? Curiously, they say specifically rogue Jedi so I can only imagine that these were either Jedi that were not following the rules of the Jedi Order or who actually became Dark Jedi.

16. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    I believe that either Labyrinth of Evil or the ROTS novelization had mentioned that the secret hyperlanes were known to the Jedi, and that Dooku must've stolen the information from the Archives.
    Actually, I wonder if the Nexus Route might be related to the Daragon Trail... or the mention of another 'game-changing' hyperspace lane from the Outer Rim to the Core in the X-Wing comics handbook... [face_thinking]

17. Cronal

Dec 17, 2009
    Well its mentioned that the routes go to the Core of Republic space and all the way to the Separatist homeworlds. Not sure what they mean by homeworlds though but if they are talking about Raxus well isnt that in the general region of the Daragon Trail? Mind you, I thought the Daragon Trail became well known unless the Republic classified its use and prevented people from using it after the Great Hyperspace War? Which, to be fair, isnt outside the realm of possibility since the Jedi Order and the Republic did their best to wipe out any trace of the existence of the Sith due to the dangers they posed. I wouldnt be surprised if they blockaded or hide the Trail from the public and outsiders in order to prevent them from stumbling on Sith Space... at least, until they were done isolating pockets of Sith and disposing of their Dark Side relics.

Anyway, I wouldnt mind linking these Nexus Routes with the ones used by Grevious to invade Coruscant. Especially since there was a dispute on who to return the data to as Ahsoka was told to return it to the Jedi Council whilst Tarkin had orders to inform the Chancellor first. Yet Yoda said he would speak to the Chancellor about this matter so that would be how the route gets uncovered by Grevious with Palpatine simply giving him the Nexus Route.

18. Senator_Cilghal

Jul 19, 2003
    but its been confirmed Raxus is NOT Raxus Prime...I don't think the new Raxus has even been placed.

Given the cartoon-makers' blatant ignorance of EU, I am guessing "Separatist homeworlds" = something we've seen on the show, ie Raxus and/or Cato Neimoidia. In fact, this could be considered good reason to place the new Raxus near Cato Neimoidia.

I feel a "Raxus Minor" coming up in the Atlas updates!

19. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    I personally want Raxus in the Tion Hegemony, for obvious reasons.

20. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    I agree. Make it some local planet that tried to play on the ancient glory of Raxus Prime. Maybe even a colony founded by Raxans who left the planet after the heavy industrialization of the New Sith Wars. Said industrialization was at the behest of the Republic, IIRC, so it would make sense for the survivors to bear anti-Republic sentiment and later allow the Separatists to set up shop there.

21. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Same here. The name had to be a reference to Dooku's declaration of the Confederacy at Raxus Prime in the EU. (And the Tion has had a long-standing grudge against the Republic, so I imagine that they would've been one of the earliest members of the CIS)

22. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    Exactly. Raxus is ripe to be a Tion political stronghold and anti-Republic ideological center. Plus, I like how the Atlas map has so many CIS locations from TCW very close to one another. :cool:

23. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Mid Rim map and appendix update now up at starwars.com....

24. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Okay, that took me TOTALLY by surprise... I really wasn't expecting a map of the entire Mid-Rim! [face_hypnotized]

This indeed is awesome... :D

25. Plaristes

Plaristes Jedi Master star 3

Jul 2, 2007