main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Books The Essential Legends Collection Trade Paperbacks Series

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 2, 2021.

1. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    The chances of the former are much higher than the latter, I think.

2. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Yeah, and ultimately I’ll take what I can get because Outbound Flight doesn’t have a proper unabridged audiobook and it’s a bit more relevant to the canon publishing in light of the Ascendancy Trilogy…

….but I’d really love to see TJA trilogy get some handsome new covers and a proper series of audiobooks.

Vialco likes this.
  3. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    I’m with you there. Unabridged audiobooks of the entire trilogy would be a wonderful surprise.

SyndicThrass likes this.
  4. Darth Winzer

Darth Winzer Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2022
    Very late to this thread but I'm hoping to see unabridged releases of the LOTF series. I liked them already, but the abridged version makes them tedious.

Vialco likes this.
  5. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    I don't think they are abridged though.

I would also like JAT to be part of this but I doubt it will happen.

6. Sandervv04

Sandervv04 Jedi Padawan

Feb 1, 2022
    Wondering this as well but I haven't been able to find any info.

Vialco and AusStig like this.
  7. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    That hard contact cover looking amazing!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2022
    AusStig, SyndicThrass and Vialco like this.
  8. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    The cover for Hard Contact suggests that it’s just the first of the series. Similar to the X-Wing series, I think we’ll get the main four reprinted.

Hard Contact
    Triple Zero
    True Colors
    Order 66

AusStig and PimpBacca like this.
  9. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Yoda cover doesn’t really do much for me, but the other two are quite beautiful.

AusStig and Vialco like this.
  10. RogueWhistler

RogueWhistler Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2021
    That Hard Contact cover is great, it's funny to me that this time around X-Wing gets generic-looking helmets while Republic Commando gets painted scenes from the novel.

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    HC cover looks good. The Yoda cover just being a ROTS still with color filters has more of an original-Shatterpoint-cover vibe.

Into the Void, though... I get what they were going for, but that really doesn't work for me at all. So many interesting visuals that they could have pulled from from that era too. The original cover is considerably better.

12. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    They should do effort on the covers... not this 5 second filter stuff worse than the worst fanart.

I had high hopes for Talisibeth on the Dark Rendevouz cover... not generic Yoda. Hard Contact is at least nice art but not worth it to rebuy the book. I mean, it is unspectacular for a cover. As for Dawn, finally an original cover with interesting design choices but somehow it got stuck at the sketch phase and never brought to quality it needs to sell.

13. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    well this sucks. Takes a lot of my interest out of these, since Yoda would have been great as a full audio book.
    [​IMG]

Vialco likes this.
  14. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    As sad as that news is, I’m just glad we got all the original Rogue Squadron books as unabridged audiobooks. I fervently hope that they continue releasing more unabridged audiobooks as part of the Essential Legends Collection. But if they don’t, then I will count myself very fortunate that the last one we got was The Bacta War. Which was the first EU novel I ever purchased for myself as a kid. Even now, twenty years later, that book holds a very special place in my heart. That we finally received an unabridged audiobook of that novel is a truly wonderful thing for me.

15. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    So Wave 7 titles are apparently:

Old Republic: Fatal Alliance
    Outbound Flight
    Republic Commando: Triple Zero
    Survivor’s Quest

Vialco and AusStig like this.
  16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Ooh- that’s a nice batch. Arguably the best TOR novel, continuing the RC series and the OBF duo (the first of which is kinda half-canon still and relevant to Ascendancy trilogy, while the latter provides a HOT epilogue of sorts).

Last edited: Dec 1, 2022
  17. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    I guess they are going to do all the Old Republic books, after this only Annihilation is left.

I wonder if they will do the rest of the Clone Wars books (Medstar, Cestus deception, Jedi trial) or the Dark Lord Trilogy?

Vialco and SyndicThrass like this.
  18. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I reaaaally would love the Dark Lord Trilogy to get some snazzy new covers.

AusStig, Vialco and Sandervv04 like this.
  19. RogueWhistler

RogueWhistler Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2021
    They haven't done Hand of Thrawn itself yet, have they?

Labyrinth of Evil and Dark Lord both seem very likely, but I don't think they'd include a novelisation in this program.

Sandervv04 and Vialco like this.
  20. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    I do hope we get unabridged audiobooks for this release. I’ve dreamed of a proper audiobook for Outbound Flight for years. Perhaps fortune will shine on us again. Only time will tell. But I have something to hope for now.

SyndicThrass likes this.
  21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The existing OBF audiobook is pretty good- especially if you're primarily interested in the "canon" Thrawn parts vs the Obi/Anakin ones.

Vialco likes this.
  22. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    I actually enjoyed the Anakin and Obi-Wan sections. Particularly where Kenobi stands up to C’baoth. But for me, the best part is Sidious’s rage when he finds out that Anakin is aboard Outbound Flight. He’s so furious that Doriana is terrified.

SyndicThrass and The2ndQuest like this.
  23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, sadly that part probably doesn't fit anymore, unless you want to ignore any padawan/timeline references and pretend they're both knights during the Clone Wars during this event.

24. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Oh, for me Legends and Canon are two separate, parallel universes that diverge in certain areas. I don’t subscribe to my good friend @Sinrebirth One Canon theory anymore.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2022
    Dawud786 and AusStig like this.
  25. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    It's been awhile since I peeked in here.

But this cover art is the best, by FAR, of anything they have done in this series.

A big plus for Isard.
    There was clearly a model involved.
    If that Rogue Squadron Movie ever happens, write Isard in and hire the model. Even if she can't act. Isard was weird anyway.

That said...it is a pretty basic image to be the high point so far. And none are better then the original covers.