main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Books The Essential Legends Collection Trade Paperbacks Series

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 2, 2021.

1. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I don’t know that that’s my favourite of the new covers, but I really do like seeing EU characters depicted in modern official imagery.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It's not so much "one canon" as Zahn basically outright references most of the Chiss POV events from Outbound Flight in the Thrawn Ascendancy Trilogy, only repositioned to have occurred during the Clone Wars era instead of the TPM-AOTC 10-year gap.

So, it may be Legends, but half the book is still relevant backstory information for that canon trilogy.

Vialco likes this.
  3. WMIRTUTSF

WMIRTUTSF Jedi Master

Dec 4, 2006
    Is anyone else struggling to find Wedge's Gamble in the UK? I can't find it on Penguin's website and the ones I've seen on UK retailers appear to be imports. I'm starting to think it wasn't published here, despite the fact the other 3 Rogue Squadron books were.

4. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    Yeah it got removed from the kindle store a few months ago. also a few other legends novels also. I tweet at the uk publishers some times but generally get ignored.

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
  6. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Going with the canon design for the Chiss I see.

7. RogueWhistler

RogueWhistler Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2021
    That Triple Zero cover has a really fun, pulpy vibe. Are there any audiobooks this time around? Survivor's Quest and Outbound Flight could really use them.

WMIRTUTSF and SyndicThrass like this.
  8. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Wooohoo more Legends Art!

technically if the Legends Collection does not do young reader series, they could still reprint the collections of those with new cover art, right? Like Shadow Academy Arc for YJK in one book, etc. for the others?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2023
  9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I was gonna say that Survivor's Quest one was a little lacking but it's meant to be half of a pair. Much better this way-
    [​IMG]

10. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I’m excited to see Outbound Flight getting the Essential Legends treatment. As someone who bought the Thrawn trilogy as my first foray into the Legends universe and is really enjoying them, I can’t wait to dive into Outbound Flight. Joruus C’baoth is a fascinating character, and I’m anxious to read about his “original version,” so to speak. And the quality of the reprints are excellent.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
    Iron_lord and SyndicThrass like this.
  11. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I’m slightly disappointed that C’Baoth’s not featured on the cover, but hey, we get Thrass. I’m also digging how there’s consistency between his look on this cover and the cover for The Lesser Evil.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Nice covers this time around- they each have a neat quality to them. Also good to have OBF in circulation again, due to the aforementioned "half-canon" nature to the story.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  13. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Oh I like this. Is this the first offical pic of Eldon Ax?

14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Yussss, I believe so.

15. PimpBacca

Oct 4, 2015
    Honestly most of the covers in This series have been just a little meh for me. This batch is brilliant!

darthzac14 and Sinrebirth like this.
  16. PimpBacca

Oct 4, 2015
    By all accounts the next lot.

darklordoftech and Reynar_Tedros like this.
  17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I, Jedi makes a lot of sense- since it's partially an X-Wing RS sequel (which they've already released) and partially "Hand of Thrawn Duology: Book 1.5" (which I would suspect is up next). Continuing the RC and TOR series is expected given the past releases. And I expect COPL's new cover to emphasize the Witches of Dathomir.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2023
  18. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    It is sad that the trash book I,Jedi is getting called 'essential' before Jedi Academy.

Jedi Ben and Irredeemable Fanboy like this.
  19. Irredeemable Fanboy

Irredeemable Fanboy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 27, 2020
    It's quite baffling, considering the Jedi Academy is the original story, with I, Jedi being partially a retelling, the logic i think is that I, Jedi continues Corran's story from the X-wing books which are already part of the collection, but i don't see any reason why they shouldn't include both considering the JAT is one of the most essential post-ROTJ stories out there.

AusStig likes this.
  20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I, Jedi was also much more highly regarded than the JAT- often seen as the "cliff notes" version people could avoid reading the JAT with. So, besides the Stackpole/Zahn connections, it makes sense that they would prioritize that one. Especially because it frees up a "series" slot for now (if we assume IJ is basically in the Thrawn series slot), being a stand-alone.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2023
    Iron_lord likes this.
  21. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Don't you mean the book "I, Corran Horn", created, written and edited by Corran Horn?

AusStig likes this.
  22. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I feel like adult Corran Horn is 100% showing up sooner rather than later on Disney Plus

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Oh, yeah- Corran did appear in OWK. So maybe they know something there.

24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Without JAT, you don't really appreciate Daala, I'd say.

But if you were looking for an essential minimal list, yes, I do recommend I, Jedi and then Darksaber and then Corellian Trilogy and then HoT...

25. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    C'mon we STILL NEED WARU GREATNESS

Dream-Thinker and darklordoftech like this.