main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Books The Essential Legends Collection Trade Paperbacks Series

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 2, 2021.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    My guess would be not as part of a Legends Essentials reprint series. But I believe they're swapping over to the TPB format from MMPB for all future SW paperbacks (that's correct, right? it's not just some?), so I would imagine they could be included in that eventually.

2. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Here is the second lot, or at least what a website thinks it is.

3. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Ah, so, if this info ends up being true, then there isn't a set number for each wave. It also shows that my speculation about them not wanting to have multiple Darth titles at once is debunked but it seems like they're trying to keep a slot open for one-shots amongst the trilogies and larger series.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  4. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I wonder if that means there's going to be a Rogue Squadron audiobook?

Duguay likes this.
  5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I already have those so I'll give that release a pass.

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I mean, given the nature of this collection, it's a pretty safe bet any long-time SW reader already own most, if not all, of what they'll be releasing under this label for the foreseeable future. It's main appeal for such (non-recent) readers will be for those who want a uniform display set, the different size/format or want to save space by keeping only key EU titles handy.

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'd be tempted if they redo some of the Fett-based novels such as The Bounty Hunter Wars trilogy. My copies of that are pretty tatty from re-reading.

SyndicThrass likes this.
  8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Then the solution is for you to start rereading your other novels until they get worn down enough that these announced releases become tempting! ;)

9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I wouldn't have any time for reading new stuff in that case!

10. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    I have most of the chronologically pre-DNT novels, and the ones I'm missing, like Ruins of Dantooine, hardly seem essential, so I doubt I'll be getting any of these. But it's pretty cool they're releasing these.

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    A likely excuse for someone trying to come to terms with the fact that they’ve read the BHW trilogy more than the TTT ;).

Jedi Ben likes this.
  12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I wasn't crazy about the first Thrawn series. I like the more recentThrawn books more.

Jedimarine and The2ndQuest like this.
  13. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Can't get this right on mobile.

14. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    I would say the Revan novel is sure to be added at some point.

15. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    I think that number might be 4, but including audio books. These all appear paper back.

16. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I can’t wait to see what they’d do with a new Darth Plagueis cover.

Dream-Thinker and AusStig like this.
  17. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    *Senses a challenge here* (If I read BHW twice, I would be ahead of my TTT readings.)

Almost worth it...Best Boba Fett portrayal ever, anywhere!

18. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    Here i was gonna back you up by blitz reading BHW twice...and then you talk crazy...

8-}

LAJ_FETT likes this.
  19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Cover art reveal for the next 4 (obviously that leak a few months ago was off a little):

[​IMG]

Closeups of all 4, made collapsible due to size:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I kinda like how there's a vaguely 1995 THX box art vibe to the Thrawn trilgoy thus far. The Darth Bane ones have been amazing, too (once they finish that trilogy, I would love to get mini prints of all three!).

Rogue Squadron was probably destined to disappoint me, though. It's not that this new artwork isn't good (it feels like it is meant to complement Alphabet Squadron's covers), but the originals are so (in this case, literally) legendary and almost impossible to top. Combine that with it being a very different style than the previous XW covers and there's bound to be a disconnect for longtime fans like myself (but, hopefully, new fans picking this up won't have that problem!).

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
  20. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    It's interesting that you say this about the Rogue Squadron cover specifically but like the others, as this is the way I feel about all of the covers. Zannah looks like a knockoff of Brandon Lee in The Crow or the 10th member of Slipknot or something.

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Outside of the hairstyle, she makes me think of Dune's stillsuits, actually. But, "The Crow" and "Slipknot" aren't exactly bad places to start for Sith looks. Industrial/Heavy Metal/Goth/Punk is sort of the Sith's thing ;).

The others may not be the more tradition Struzan/Jung theatrical poster montage compositions, but I like the more striking imagery, use of negative space and specific stylizations (like the crosshatching on the TTT covers and dripping paint/sketch of the Bane titles) that they are going for. They're both good, just different. This style is probably easier to make uniform across multiple series as well.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
  22. Dream-Thinker

Dream-Thinker Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2020
    Man, those covers are sooo cool!

23. iFrankenstein

iFrankenstein Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 24, 2020
    “Book 1 of the Rogue Squadron series”

Did they really get the title of the X-Wing series wrong on the cover of the first book?

Jedi Ben likes this.
  24. Ewoklord

Ewoklord Jedi Master star 2

Feb 15, 2014
    I'm curious if that might be an intentional change, to grab onto the increased awareness of Rogue Squadron because of the movie announcement. So when they're five books in it still says Rogue Squadron on the cover, so people will make the connection they might not otherwise.

25. iFrankenstein

iFrankenstein Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 24, 2020
    Heir to the Empire: Book 1 of The Mandalorian series

Ewoklord likes this.