main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The EU Senate - Closed by Sith Coup d'etat

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by GrandAdmiralJello , Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Thank you for the kind words, Jello, Ben. Vivec, Sey. It was very much a rocky start, but I'm just glad everyone stuck with it and we persevered together. Thank you all for that, indeed.

It's been so long since we had a Chancellor that wasn't running, Jello, that I'd actually forgot about tie-breaking power. :p If it does get that far, I'll probably have a severely difficult decision. So, one hopes it doesn't happen.

Either way, anyone is welcome to step up still, and then we can start hearing the speeches and debate soon thereafter. Ben, Rhi, if you have wires crossed, this would be a good time to get them uncrossed. [face_peace]

2. rhi-sparks

rhi-sparks Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2006
    No wires are crossed, just a misunderstanding. I thought it was best to air that misunderstanding out here, because I'm still considering other offers made to me via PM, and have not come to a stable decision as of yet, and did not want the Senate to be misled.

Crossed wires sounds ever so sinister, and that's not the gist here.
    :)

3. benkenobi151

benkenobi151 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2005
    I don't want to sound rude, rhi, but it's go time, so you better hurry up.:D

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Very much so, rhi. Hopefully the misunderstanding will be ironed out.

To put a deadline to this, I'd like announcements to be finished by Friday, and then, henceforth, discussions can begin. So, whomever is left, please respond.

---

Current

s65horsey for Chancellor with EmperorSorridom for Vice_Chancellor

benkenobi151 for Chancellor

5. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Wow the EUS is STILL around? I should run for Chancellor again... *looks at Jello* I bet I'll succeed in a third hostile takeover again now that I have two Mods I know will back me... Err I mean... Did I say hostile takeover? I meant host a makeover! Yeah thats it! Host an Extreme Makeover: EUC Edition! [face_whistling]

6. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
    Mitthy's makeovers tend to turn out a little on the... dictatorial side. :p

7. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    Nothing a toxic dart would take care of. [face_whistling]

8. HwarangKnight

HwarangKnight Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2006
    Or another hostile takeover after that...err..makeover...whatever.:p

9. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    Just another reminder that if anyone has any questions about something in the forum, it's best to clarify with the person first and get the information from the source.

We're trying to move away from people simply complaining behind the scenes, but never bringing their concerns to the public or at least directly PMing the person they have a question about. Almost all of the time, little problems can be handled before they turn into big problems.

None of the mods or EUS staff bite, and questions are always free. (sometimes the cost might be a plate of e-brownies...)

Does anyone have a question that they might be curious about?

10. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    I'd like to announce the ticket of rhi(C)/Wiggins/Pelly(VC). :D

Evil.

11. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
    Co-VCs... interesting!

Candidates: I'm already thinking up my tough questions, so I hope you're preparing. [face_skull] :p

12. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    A three-way race? This is going to be an exciting one to watch.

13. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Co-VCs...very interesting indeed.

I intend to wait until the end of Friday, so as to give Ben some time to find himself a VC. He's ran like this before, and in the interest of a good election, I think him having a VC could help.

Mitth? Back? [face_worried]

I've read many a tale about dictatoral Mitth....oh well, if you wanna run, run to your hearts content. :p

14. Pelly-Welly

Pelly-Welly Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 10, 2004
    To clarify, Wiggins would be VC to rhi, I was only offered a Minister position rather than full VC. (Unless I've been missing important PMs but I doubt it) You could indeed call it a...vice-vice-Chancellor *_*

15. benkenobi151

Jul 16, 2005
    EDIT: Ignore that last thing. I've found a new VC to run with. I will now be running with the wonderful Lord_Vivec. Anyway, y'all ready for this?!:D

*starts break-dancing*:p

16. HwarangKnight

HwarangKnight Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2006
    ***wonders if he is really ready for this***[face_worried]

17. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    I'd like to run. I'll be back in full swing by August 5th, but I'll be able to be online at least once a day before then. If you're interested in being my VC, PM me.

18. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    You have until the end of Friday to announce a VC, Prenn, and then we'll be receiving an Intel report from the Ministry and clarifying who can and cannot vote in the elections like before. Questions and the like can start on Saturday.

So..

[b]Candidates[/b]

s65horsey for Chancellor with EmperorSorridom for Vice Chancellor

benkenobi151 for Chancellor with Lord_Vivec for Vice Chancellor

Evil_King_Wiggins for Chancellor with Rhi-sparks for Vice Chancellor, and Pelly as an additional ticket somewhere, as a Co-Vice-Chancellor of sorts.

MASTERPRENN for Chancellor with ... for Vice Chancellor.

[hr]

So....

Four-way race...anyone seen this in their lifetimes? I've been here for two years, and nope. Three way, yes, but never a four-way...Guess some of you took it seriously when I said the Senate was wide open. [face_tongue]

19. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    a four way race...very interesting.

20. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I've seen a few four ways in my time, but those were a long time ago. This could be fun.

I'm actually more interested in the speech-making/questions than the actual election. I want to see how many different approaches we're going to have.

I have some tricky questions of my own planned. O:)

Don't worry, this time he won't be able to declare himself EUS Emperor. If only because I have the monopoly on the imperial title. :p

21. benkenobi151

Jul 16, 2005
    Tricky questions?[face_worried]

22. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Tricky in the sense of different. But they'll be fun. :p

23. rhi-sparks

Mar 15, 2006
    This will be fun for whom exactly? :p

24. EmperorSorridom

EmperorSorridom Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 2, 2005
    ... And to think that I had actually been worried about there being a lack of competition... :p

25. rhi-sparks

Mar 15, 2006
    I bet you feel really silly now. :p
    You sausage!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.