main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The EUC Starfighter Draft - Episode III: Revenge of the TIEs

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Corran-Horn, Apr 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pellaeon-Firke

Pellaeon-Firke Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Non-Jedi: Horton Salm, Pash Cracken

Methinks you didn't check the list quite so thoroughly. I'm specifically thinking about the other pair of pilots who joined the same team at the end of the first round last draft...

Well, either that or you have weird critera for best pilots remaining.

2. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    I don't think the best pilots remaining thing is a good idea anyway. The success of a team hinges on your players, and basically TELLING Gms who they should pick isn't good.

3. effortless_skill

effortless_skill Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    being a jedi draft veteran i agree.you shouldnt post who is the best left.

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    It also negates the entire purpose behind drafting players--the GMs ought to know what is best.

5. effortless_skill

Mar 27, 2003
    ^^^word.

or just ask via PM.

6. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    I agree, espeacially since you seem to know what you are talking about. We will see what Corran says

7. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Question: Why isn't Jan Ors up there?

8. LordJoda-181

LordJoda-181 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2004
    I don't know I have suggested she go up there for the last 2 drafts.

Question for the Commish: Are the Judges allowed to use the ROTS Novel and Spoilers to Influence there rulings on Pilots, Namely Obi-wan and Anakin? Cause the EUC has a no spoiler clause, but would that affect opinions?

9. effortless_skill

Mar 27, 2003
    in the jedi draft they are not allowed since its not out....the same should be for this draft.

10. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Yeah. I don't think it should be allowed.

11. effortless_skill

Mar 27, 2003
    ObI wan hates flying anyway.

12. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Theoretically it should be valid evidence. The problem is, the judges are unable to articulate precisely why, due to the spoiler status.

Though anything that can be seen in ROTS can also be seen in LoE as well, as far as piloting is concerned, since both of the Jedi do interesting deeds in that book.

13. mrslush50

mrslush50 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2003
    hmm... well this is interesting, clearly some of you don't argree with my picks for "best left" (which is fine) and some of you don't want me to do them at all. Well if I'm not really picking the best left, then what does it matter if I post them? I suppose a better title that "best left" would be, "Slush's next pick". And I don't always pick the "best" pilot left. I pick the pilot I like best, the pilot who fits best into my team (if I'm actually drafting) and the pilot I think the judges like best.

but whatever, I've done this before, and some people didn't like it before. I can't remember what Corran decided then, so until he weighs in I'll refrain from posting my picks.

EDIT: oh, and when you draft a team for fantasy sports don't you consult lists in magazines and online? well what's the difference?

14. effortless_skill

Mar 27, 2003
    i feel you slush....but you could influence somebodys next pick by that.i would lay low and just comment on the pick.

jello, i agree that LOE could be used a refrence

15. Pellaeon-Firke

Mar 2, 2004
    I will be using LoE and won't be using RotS. Can't speak for SL/Gaeri.

16. effortless_skill

Mar 27, 2003
    Hmmm....sounds interesting.

17. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
  18. mrslush50

Feb 22, 2003
    ^^^x3 that's the way to do it. Since the RotS film will supperced the novel and the film hasn't been seen yet, the novel should not be considered when deciding matchups.

^^^x1 right, except that I'm not a GM in this draft. really the whole point was to generate some conversation. so...

" Methinks you didn't check the list quite so thoroughly. I'm specifically thinking about the other pair of pilots who joined the same team at the end of the first round last draft..."

Yes Wes and Hobbie are a great combination. (I assume that's who you're talking about. I wasn't around the the last draft so I can't be sure.) But that's if you can get them both. Both Salm and Cracken are experienced commanders and are better pick to lead a team than Hobbie and Janson.

19. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    slush: Feel free, however, to comment on the decisions afterwards--like you did for Aragorn and myself. That's quite fair--since it's after the fact--and I found it an interesting read. :)

20. mrslush50

Feb 22, 2003
    oh I deffinatly still be posting those. like I said, this conversation has been had before. I just can't remember what Corran decided. I suppose I should have pmed him before I started posting. But luckily, It's not like it's created a problem already. In later rounds with lesser known pilots, I could see how some GM's who really know their stuff might not like me giving away free pointers to those who don't. meh... we'll see.

EDIT: sorry, I keep forgetting none of you guys know who I am. Hi, I'm slush. I was heavily involved in the Starfighter Draft through it's first two or three runs over in SWC, as both a judge and GM. It's nice to meet you all and I'm glad to see the draft is still going strong. this one looks to be pretty good. all the GM's seem to have a plan for how there going to draft which is good. I hate watching GM's put together a team whilly nilly with no thought to how the whole thing will look in the end.

21. effortless_skill

Mar 27, 2003
    ^^^^^no doubt,i remeber you.

22. Pellaeon-Firke

Mar 2, 2004
    Yes Wes and Hobbie are a great combination. (I assume that's who you're talking about. I wasn't around the the last draft so I can't be sure.) But that's if you can get them both. Both Salm and Cracken are experienced commanders and are better pick to lead a team than Hobbie and Janson.

Link's in the first post. And yes, I was referring to them.

Because as it stands, both of these GMs can get something at least as good as Hobbie/Janson. Those two, plus maybe 3 or 4 others, are good co-command potentials and extremely good pilots.

23. mrslush50

Feb 22, 2003
    3 or four others? really?!!!

oh! I see who you're talking about! you must mean Anni Capstan, Cantin Donn, Lowbacca and Nawara Ven right? yeah they're all really good but I still think Salm and Cracken are better.

8-}
    :p

24. Fire_Light

Fire_Light Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2002
    Just for clarification, has Shadow of Durron been on the clock since SasseeJim made his pick?

25. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.