main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Even More Magniloquent New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , Dec 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    To quote another sci-fi icon "OOOHHH MMMYYYY!!" These sound interesting, and potentially really cool. And we've never really seen them done in a SW film before.

Mungo Baobab and loststars like this.
  2. loststars

loststars Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2016

So much excitement! And nothing has even officially happened yet ahahha. The article says a stick battle scene which could be her staff or a lightsaber. Super cool stuff either way.

gizka likes this.
  3. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    This sounds like the 90's classic video game Tomb Raider II (LOVED that game!). Rey is Lara. The Croatian village is Venice and she's gonna fight on a boat. Cool! Maybe they'll have something analogous to the Temple of Xian and Floating Islands lol.

4. GlueParkEnigma

GlueParkEnigma Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    The "sweetheart" reference mentioned in earlier posts has Han written all over it even if it wasn't in the movie.

Linking that with Hans knowledge of people on Jakku when discussing who ended up with the falcon in TFA, it again points to Han at least being there at some stage in the past.

Now there are a million possibilities as to why this could happen but if part of the situation involves at the time when he lost the falcon he was transporting newly identified force sensitives to Luke's academy (or trying to hide any survivors randomly throughout the Galaxy) and suddenly ran into trouble and lost the falcon so couldn't continue anymore (he heard about the massacre and tried to ensure the passengers safety, or just lost the falcon being Han) maybe LST was part of it, staying on Jakku so Han could leave and continue his mission, then it opens up all sorts of possibilities to me.

iluvkoalas likes this.
  5. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002

Not only did what Luke did in ROTJ no longer matter but the movie itself no longer matters. TFA dropped a major deuce on ROTJ (and the OT for that matter), flush the toliet and slammed the lid close but didn't lite a match.

6. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
  7. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Not only did what the Allied Powers did in WWI no longer matter but the war itself no longer matters. WWII dropped a major deuce on it, flushed the toilet and slammed the lid closed but didn't light a match.

8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Let's quit the toilet analogies and everyone play nice please.

9. Dagobah Dragonsnake

Dagobah Dragonsnake Jedi Master star 4

Feb 7, 2016
    Ahhh ... I see, a new rumor - as the thread title suggests - we should intellectually be discussing concerning the two coming saga films, in a sophisticated discourse: Disney / Abrams / and All Their Greedy Co-conspirators Defecated on the Old Trilogy and All Our Heroes and Slammed the Toilet Lid.

Got it.

Edit: Little late, but I'm done.

rowan_greenleaf and Big Boss like this.
  10. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002

Then what does that make The Clone Wars? Should they even exist??

Return of the Jedi no longer matters. Don't believe me? Try sitting through it and see if you feel the same way about it. If your an honest person, you won't.......

iluvkoalas likes this.
  11. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    A lightsaber battle aboard a ship, maybe? This sounds super cool. I'm anticipating Luke on Jabba's skiff levels of swashbuckling now!

12. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Luke02 Your opinion isn't fact and no one is required to accept it as such. Now drop it.

13. Dagobah Dragonsnake

Dagobah Dragonsnake Jedi Master star 4

Feb 7, 2016
    They could have some absolutely great backgrounds of Dubrovnik during such a shot. A little CGI touch up and it could be awesome.

14. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    For some reason, I have the Miami Vice theme playing in my head while envisioning this, lol.

15. ThreeDeathstickProblem

Sep 25, 2014
    In this analogy they'd be the Civil War.

But I'm not sure what you're getting at. The Clones Wars brought about nothing good. The Rebellion defeated the Emperor, restored the Republic and brought relative peace for decades. But peace doesn't last forever. Even if the ST ends with victory and peace, that peace wouldn't last forever either.

Mungo Baobab likes this.
  16. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Hm, Unkar Plutt Mr. Nice Guy?

Well, besides the obvious fact that he once had no problem exploiting Rey as child labor in dangerous environments where she might be killed or maimed, the movie showed him doling out teeny rations of food to older Rey after similarly backbreaking, life-threatening labor, and then later, doing the dirty grunt work for the evil First Order, trying to buy BB-8 for them.

And there's also this SW.com entry on him and his hired thugs:

Yeah, who knows though -- maybe when he wasn't endangering little Rey's life and nearly starving her to death, he was gentle and nice.

[face_laugh] Apparently capitalism has made people blind to economic exploitation and child labor.

17. RobbyV

RobbyV Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015

Han always used "sweetheart" with Leia sarcastically -- usually when responding to her wisecracks about his failures. It's never used by him as a term of endearment. He never used the word again once they'd made their feelings known. So I doubt Han had anything to do with what was said to Rey (in the novelization).

rowan_greenleaf likes this.
  18. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    I've watched the six films since watching TFA and still feel the same way about it. Oops guess I'm not being honest.[face_liarliar]

19. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I said to drop it. Now everyone needs to get back on topic.

20. gizka

gizka Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 29, 2016
    With some of the recent pictures and rumors that this vessel could be crawling with alien creatures, I'm starting to picture a fight breaking out in some kind of cruising or floating restaurant. Regardless, super excited to see a cool fight and hoping that the KoR are in town...
    [​IMG]
    http://www.dulist.hr/star-wars-snimanje-nastavljeno-na-brodu-sea-star/306056/

21. ThreeDeathstickProblem

Sep 25, 2014
    Giant chess scene confirmed???

22. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014

You win the internet today Sir.

23. RobbyV

RobbyV Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    Snoke's dumbbells. Gotta keep those aging muscles toned.

24. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Agreed. Though he did miss a golden opportunity:

Doo doo doo lookin out my Bacta.

[​IMG]

25. ThreeDeathstickProblem

Sep 25, 2014
    Snoke = Darth Gains.

RobbyV and JabbatheHumanBeing like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.