main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Even More Magniloquent New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , Dec 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    4chan Tellers. It's true. All of it.

2. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Oh, boy. I like that idea. A lot.

And one does not need a body to hold a memorial.

That said, I imagine it could also be a more general memorial honoring all the Republic citizens and leaders destroyed by the SKB. Or all the Republic and Resistance dead.

Or...something else.

3. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Not so sure that I would be pleased with Han's memorial service being disrupted by a Keystone Cop style chase though. It will be something else I'm sure.

4. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    Michael Kaplan (Costume Designer) holding a design for Leia. Carrie tweeted this in December but later deleted it.

I'm thinking this may be a funeral scene that Leia will be in.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Daisy mentioned that Johnson planned to be "cheekier" with his spoiler reveals than Abrams.

Here, I think he's trolling fans into thinking Leia might turn evil, when in fact, she may simply be wearing a funeral dress.

I have to say, this nudges me in the direction of a memorial service. Either for Han, or for the New Republic/ Resistance dead as a whole.

And then, the First Order strikes.

Darkspellmaster likes this.
  6. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Guys, come on, he's just marker penned a boner around a photo of Carrie. It's a joke.

7. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  8. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    yes and I can imagine this, I could not believe that there was no funeral in TFA for Han. So I can imagine that this happens in VIII and during the memorial/funeral all hell breaks lose. The FO knows Leia and other important persons would be there. ;)

9. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    While a funeral is possible (though I would say a huge funeral seems a little out of step for Han's character), I think all those black robes are to hide the costumes, just as the pink hair nets aren't part of the costumes they are there to protect the hair on the way to the set. That said (and I still think that Kaplan pic is a dick joke) I suppose you could open on a big funeral (which Han would have hated but never mind) and the First Order attack it, and our Resistance heroes have to escape with Leia.

10. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I donĀ“t think the movie opens here. More likely that this planet is part of Act III. Especially if Luke and Rey are involved. I think this planet serves as the base for the good guys, New Republic and Resistance.

11. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Yeah, personally I don't want to see a big funeral for Han. He died in TFA and let's move on.

The police force looks like they could be related to:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Perhaps they are on New Alderaan. Or maybe even Chandrila.

If it is a FO prison and Luke and Rey are involved in a prison break, perhaps it is for Laura Dern's character (potentially Rey's mother whether Luke is the father or not). It would explain why she never came back for Rey and why Luke had no idea where Rey was.

12. ReyofLightSide

ReyofLightSide Jedi Master star 3

Jan 2, 2016

Yes, Mark Hamill said they make them wear those hooded robes to and from the set to hide the costumes.

13. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    If it's true that Episode 8 takes place almost immediately after TFA, then a funeral for Han makes sense. While Rey will not be there (nor will Luke of course), RJ may be making up for the fact that TFA didn't have closure to Han's death. Abrams acknowledged recently that he dropped the ball in terms of Chewie and Leia and this may make up for it (I would like that). During or right after the ceremony, Leia could get a message from across the galaxy about something going on or have an idea that she needs checking out, thus sending Poe and maybe Chewie (and Finn begging to go even though he's recuperating).

But yes, RJ does seem to already be a LOT more deliberate in sending out hints and teases which is a lot of fun. I almost think that is the way to go for Episode 8. Have fun with it. JJ's secrecy worked immensely well for TFA so maybe they're just trying something new.

spacebaby45678 likes this.
  14. Dame sans merci

Dame sans merci Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2016

Poster Sforza has been watching the filming and reporting back elsewhere - she says it's unrelated to Han (but did hear a line related to Rey).

T-R- and Jakku Sun Aesthetic like this.
  15. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000

Can you tell us where she is reporting this or reproduce it here? Thanks.

16. Dame sans merci

Jan 17, 2016

Pulled over from the Reylo thread:
    She also said she heard the line about Rey from the director (so presumably Rian rather than a second unit director).

17. dekaneas

dekaneas Jedi Master star 3

Sep 14, 2014
    A funeral for Han doesn't make sense since there is nothing left from him to bury.It would be just wasting of film time.A honorable mention or something like that would be more appropriate without loosing the feeling of Han's passing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    :rolleyes: Sorry I smell a rat, give us something more solid than hearsay then I may believe. Sorry if I am coming across as grouchy but so many people post bs it makes you feel like that. I'll put my hands up and apologize if it's all correct but at this moment am not convinced.

19. Dame sans merci

Jan 17, 2016
    Bit more from Sforza:

20. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Maybe the Resistance is on Corellia to negotiate the building of a fleet. The Han Solo funeral sounds a bit too grandiose for someone like Han.

21. loststars

loststars Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2016
    The black robes aren't part of the costumes. Definitely not a funeral I would think.

Also actual Mark isn't there. Perhaps his stunt double?

22. Dagobah Dragonsnake

Dagobah Dragonsnake Jedi Master star 4

Feb 7, 2016
    Similar to Daisy? Exterior action shots with the interiors done at Pinewood?

23. loststars

loststars Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2016
    Yeah exactly. Mark is literally tweeting right now. He's definitely not on set, lol.

24. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013
    Yup, Mark is tweeting, zero chance he is filming right now.

25. ReyofLightSide

ReyofLightSide Jedi Master star 3

Jan 2, 2016

Why aren't you tagging Sforza if you are quoting her?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.