main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Even More Magniloquent New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , Dec 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    You sure you shouldn't put that as the first post on each page?

2. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    Adventure to guess in the first month we will get more rumors on Poe and Finn then Rey. Since Daisy will be getting her degree I believe. While thier shooting then. Just a guess though.

3. DarthCeltic

DarthCeltic Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2010
    Cough:: Like: "Rey... I am your father!"- Luke OR....

"Rey.... I am your father’s brother’s nephew’s cousin’s former roommate."- Luke

"So what does that mean?"- Rey

"Oh.. nothing.. you were actually force conceived... I actually carried you since conception.. see I got this cool scar."- Luke

4. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Man it is ugly in TFA thread. I sense some timeouts in the future.

5. AloneinSpace

AloneinSpace Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 21, 2015
    Bye mystery box, hello Rian.

nalkwan, MagnaZero and dekaneas like this.
  6. Tommytom

Tommytom Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2015
    Was it the capital of the Republic though? I heard it was the Hosnian system and that this is indeed not the Republic's capital.

7. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Mark my words, and remember where you heard it first (I got no sources it's just a well educated guess/piece of speculation) but the Wellspring/source of the Dark Side Planet mentioned in Aftermath will be seen in Ep.VIII
    Probably during Kylo Ren's training

8. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Tommytom : You were probably outside of the edit window. You could probably just go ahead and post what you want to say as a new post at this point.

9. Tommytom

Tommytom Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2015
    EHT - Didn't realize there was such a thing - sorry, though I've lurked for a while, am not the most active poster! Anyways, I was going to point out how I overlooked the fact that Hosnian Prime is indeed the New Republic's "current" capital and the seat of the Senate, and expand on this speculation a little in response. This really does make me wonder... what was the fate of the Senate? Did the First Order's destruction of the capital planet and perhaps a good size of its fleet practically bring the Republic back down to its knees?

I surely hope that the Republic plays a bigger role in the two episodes to come. I would like to imagine that most, or at least some, of the Senators were not present in the Hosnian system when the First Order destroyed it. (I'd also like to imagine they learned from some of the Old Republic's mistakes and perhaps went bicameral, somewhat similar to the Separatists). Politics and the power plays are a big interest of mine in the Star Wars universe, so I hope it's a bit explored in the two episodes to come.

Big Boss, Dark Lady Mara and EHT like this.
  10. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Answers I want for the next one.

Who's grave was Luke next to? He looked like a man abandoned of all hope. Grieving!

Who is Rey's Family?

did Luke sense the Hosnian System's destruction? Ala "a million voices cried out then suddenly silenced!"

Will Finn "remember?"

Where is Snoke Hux and Kylo?

11. Momotaros

Aug 13, 2013
    That's a good point. When he comes out of his coma. Will he be the same person that Rey/Poe know.

light_sabe_r likes this.
  12. shafty

shafty Jedi Master star 2

Dec 4, 2014
    So who is going to start one of the circles that we have to go around a thousand time?

13. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    A Chorus of Disapproval, EHT
    Just a quick question, can we create threads for the characters in VIII, for example John Boyega (Finn) in Episode VIII or Daisy Ridley (Rey) in Episode VIII right now or should we wait until we have a cast announcement for VIII?

14. Momotaros

Aug 13, 2013
    Already made a Finn one. Says About Finn on title. Mods are welcome to change the title.

15. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, for characters like that that we know are coming back it's fine to go ahead. We can tag it as Official later, but the nice thing this time around is that there will be fewer surprises or unknowns in general.

Edit: OK, I see that the Rey thread was already created. I updated the title of the Finn thread.

16. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Hi, you must be new here. :D

dekaneas likes this.
  17. dekaneas

dekaneas Jedi Master star 3

Sep 14, 2014
    Grave?I didn't notice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  18. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    The first 10 minutes of EP VIII will be Rey/Luke waiting while R2 makes it up those steps. :)

19. cenzo

cenzo Jedi Knight

Apr 7, 2015
    hey guys. dont post very often. after seeing the movie (which i thought was great by the way), i had a thought about Snoke. Is it possible that he was part of Luke's Jedi Academy? Looks like he has been injured by someone(Luke??). and it seems like Han and Leia are very aware of who he is. For him to have turned Ben(Kylo), surely it had to be some sort of inside job? just some thoughts.

20. kevmp

kevmp Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2011
    But Artoo has rockets in his legs, why not use those??? :p

21. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    Which means leaks galore and no misdirection? [face_praying]

dekaneas, AloneinSpace and Seeher like this.
  22. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    So, just how weird do you think Johnson will take Episode VIII? I'm hoping very.

Chained Prometheus likes this.
  23. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
  24. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Huh. I guess that confirms that we'll see more of Maz.

25. MonkeyHouse143

MonkeyHouse143 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 4, 2015
    Don't be so sure. Principal photography starts pretty soon (March I think?) there is bound to be some information that leaks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.