main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Even More Magniloquent New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , Dec 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    Thought it starts next month. I remeber the actors mentioning it.

2. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    I'm swinging for the fences with my first post. I'm calling right now that Kylo kills Snoke.

Rhyoth, fuhry, ZackKane and 2 others like this.
  3. Ryan Hunt

Ryan Hunt Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 11, 2013
    I hope we some mystics, new powers, or origins of the Jedi (First Jedi temple, etc.).

Matthaeus Sunrider and dekaneas like this.
  4. dlbates

Nov 30, 2014
    Probably from Rey. We already seen a new level of the force from Kylo so I'm sure Rey will add to it.

5. Kantz

Kantz Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 23, 2015
    When do they drop the first trailer for Ep. VIII? waiting until Rouge One would be too close to the actual release. Late summer maybe?

inb4, "Luke and Rey don't seem very father daughter like in the trailer so blah blah blah...." although they may avoid that all together.

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Not to keep this offtopic but to answer the question: considering where they would be in terms of production, I'd imagine a target date of SDCC for a teaser.

7. Delta-7

Delta-7 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 24, 2002
    This was one of my favorite threads from the last forum...glad to see it has made a return.

Strongbow and dekaneas like this.
  8. Friendslayer889

Friendslayer889 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 15, 2015

Kylo could effortless hold a blasterbolt and its shooter completely paralyzed mid air for a really extended amount of time. Yet Rey out forced him on several occasions like the mindtrick counter and she nullified his forcepull on Anakins lightsaber in the forrest. Her powerlevels are that of Luke and Anakin and i get the feeling that Kylo is so angry that because of Han he isnt at their levels. Anyway if Kylo is a untrained padawan with some of feats imagine what Luke can do after 30 years of rediscovering jedi techniques and perhaps some guidance from some ghosts.

9. dlbates

Nov 30, 2014
    I have a feeling Snoke has been holding Kylo back until he killed his father. I have a fealing Ren will be scary in episode 8. If he isn't then they just need to kill him off cause if he gets beat down by Finn or an 8 year old in the next one I'll probably burn my black series figure.

KSennia likes this.
  10. RC-2473

RC-2473 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2015
    #bringbacktheseptictank

11. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    < 72 hours :(

Dra--- and Luke'sSeveredHand like this.
  12. SithPug

SithPug Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 18, 2014
    I'm guessing we'll see the first teaser from VIII at Celebration in July.

dekaneas likes this.
  13. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

Really? Why? Sure its's very likely that the plot is really what MSW leaked at one point, but we should expect major revisions. It was correct-ish but we also shouldn't dismiss a rumor just because it contradicts the MSW plotline. Especially if the new rumor comes a long time after the MSW leak.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  14. Cheeky-Beak

Cheeky-Beak Jedi Grand Master star 1

Mar 29, 2003

15. Cheeky-Beak

Cheeky-Beak Jedi Grand Master star 1

Mar 29, 2003
    That post ended up wrong! I was trying to point out TMZ leaked images from the set 17/18 months out, so they might be coming soon......

16. poundpuppy29

poundpuppy29 Jedi Master star 1

Jul 3, 2007
    I love spoilers and rumors so this thread is for me

17. Seeher

Seeher Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2003
    Hey I have a really wild theory (you heard it her first) that Snoke doesn't care about either the New Republic nor the First Order so long as they continue to battle it out. He needs 'dark side energy' to sustain himself.
    He is, for the benefit of this discussion, Satan. The Dark Lord, the Most Evil One. And while he is not immortal, because you know we need him to die in 9, but he has been around as long as the Jedi, maybe a bit longer. He had been in a Force induce coma, for lack of better term, for eons, until old Palpatine started blowing up the neighborhood with his Death Stars. The onslaught of Dark Side Energy woke him up. He re-energized him ... made him more powerful, almost like his old self and then those pesky goody two shoes had to go and win the dang war. The old Empire 'found him' and thru them and the Force, he learn about Luke Skywalker and his dad and his twin sister, Leia. Through the Force, he discover that Luke was too entrench in the Light for him to use and Leia wasn't even trying to be a Jedi. So he wait until one of them had a kid, like Ben. As I said before in another thread, I believe that Ben is nothing more then an Useful Idiot who's job is to keep his uncle off balance and out of the picture. The more Jedi there are around the more peace breaks out. He wants chaos and war, he needs chaos and war, so if he can drag the entire galaxy into a state of war, he is happy. Like I said ... he is Satan.

Now Luke might have gone into hiding hoping to discover a way to either train new Jedi without having them wiped out by one of their own or to find a another way to bring Ben back, when he stumbles across old records of a being known as Snoke. He spend years going through the incomplete records, lore and prophesies but much of it has been lost through the ages. He calls on Ben and Yoda to help him but they too are at a lost. All he knows is a powerful Jedi will arise to do battle with the Snoke. Luke fears that it will be up to him to train this Jedi.

Because to fight Satan, you need a St. Michael or in this case : Rey.
    Luke and Snoke by now know about Rey and what she could mean to the state of the galaxy. To Snoke, she is the fly in the ointment and a unforeseen complication that could, potentially, screw up his plans. He must either turn her or kill her and Luke must put aside his fears of unleashing a new horror on the galaxy and train her. And Rey must overcome her biggest flaw: her inability to move beyond her past both mentality and spiritually. Luke knows thru her the new Jedi can be formed and Snoke defeated.

Now how is that a theory for 8 and 9 :D

KSennia, Valairy Scot and Worker11811 like this.
  18. Cyan_Dawn

Cyan_Dawn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 1999
    I was looking back on the legit spoilers and leaks for TFA vs the fake ones, and pattern did emerge which will come in handy for Episode VIII: the fake ones always include character motivations, while the real ones don't.

Chances are any leaks will come from the technical side of making the film (such as the call sheets MSW got a hold of), which doesn't include information regarding character or plot; only surface details that can be interpreted. At most, it will be a brief description of a character, setting, or scene, but no answers to any "why" or "how" questions involving the plot.

For example, if two rumors come out tomorrow involving Benicio del Toro's character, and one of them says he's a re-imagining of Grand Admiral Thrawn (ready to enact revenge against Luke), while the other one says he wears a brown trench coat on set and was shooting at Finn while running across a rooftop, the latter one is infinitely more likely to be true.

Another thing I noticed was there was never a such thing as a legit insider that had access to the script or had seen the movie. All of those reports ended up being bunk, so if anyone says they know what they know because they read the script or saw footage, it's a big red flag and not to be believed. In the case of TFA, the only real "insider" viewings occurred about two weeks prior to the film's release.

19. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    ElizaD likes this.
  20. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Oh my!! I missed this thread. My new favourite one!!

I hope MSW is back with new rumors soon.

Darth_Voider and TheBBP like this.
  21. ZackKane

ZackKane Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2015
    nice, keeping with the Knights Of Ren, whom I believe are based on King Arthur and the Knights of The Round Table...very very similar story:)

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  22. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    This is going to be another magnificent thread.

Darkslayer likes this.
  23. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    KOR beeing the evil knights of the round table of star wars. Sounds good to me.

dekaneas likes this.
  24. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I don’t know, I think he may go all Harry Knowles on us. Maybe not now, but one day.

25. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014
    Ahhhhh now this, this feels like home. Great thread and it's going to be a wild year and a half. Another great thing is most of the arguments about MSW, SpoilerDude, etc. will hopefully stop. At least one can hope.

Chained Prometheus and dekaneas like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.