main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Even More Magniloquent New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , Dec 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Am I assuming correctly that this will be for R1 as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    I will be very upset if people doubt MSW again.

3. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    I don't think so, this forum is for VIII and IX.

Gesendet von meinem GT-P3110 mit Tapatalk

4. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Just wait until they report something that does not please some fans.

5. TheLateAdmiralPiett

TheLateAdmiralPiett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 1, 2004
    Lando Lando Lando Lando [face_praying]

6. dlbates

Nov 30, 2014
    But everything he said pretty much ended up being true.

Darth Haggai and dekaneas like this.
  7. Canyon D

Canyon D Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 17, 2015
    Started a thread about it, but I just read a rumor about episode 8 that it will feature the mandolorian army

Ps: no it wasn't from Reddit lmoa

8. nalkwan

nalkwan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2014
    I was an MSW doubter, only because i didn't want to be positive the movie was spoiled. i wanted to believe it might not be true.
    I'm not sure what i will do when MSW says they have call sheets again...
    i know i will want to not even come back here, will want to be not spoiled, (i don't mind some spoilers but they spoiled basically the entire movie) because i will want some surprises.
    but the curiosity sometimes is overwhelming

that being said, at least it's only 18 months and not 3 years... maybe there won't be as many spoilers this time around

Darth Haggai likes this.
  9. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    posting just for the sake of posting.. Episode VIII will be interesting indeed

10. BEWMarth

BEWMarth Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2015
    So after spending about 12 hours scourging through Star Wars forums and wiki's it is now my belief that VIII and IX will deal with Abeloth. I mean I'm not sure but there was this one quote I found that was pretty interesting and got me thinking this would be a great plot for the future movies in the franchise. the quote is:
    "Once you were with me, here in the Maw. Once you were all with me. Now you are apart, but one by one, you are all awakening. And once awake, you can hear my call, and come to me." - Abeloth
    It just happened to use the word Awakening and seeing as the force is awakening, I figured it would be cool to post this here and see what others think about the thoery haha.
    I literally have very little to go on other than that quote but it's cool to think about considering the whole story with her. Also considering that before the whole universe got eaten up by the Disney black hole, this story happened at around the same time as Episode VII so it's cool.

Knightstorme likes this.
  11. Cyan_Dawn

Cyan_Dawn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 1999
    "Your EU is dead, son....accept it."

12. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    I can't wait to see more on Skellig with Luke and Rey. Gorgeous location. My guess is that we'll see some Yoda-esque training scenes, to start with, but that something more dramatic will happen on the island world that propels them out of there.

13. poundpuppy29

poundpuppy29 Jedi Master star 1

Jul 3, 2007
    They need to look at the positive now they have Alternate Universes like other Sci-Fi franchises I look it as a positive because I have my own AU where I am the Supreme Goddess I decide what is canon my personal canon and I don't get upset

KSennia likes this.
  14. Math1eson

Math1eson Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2015
    I totally agree and it would be a nice shift from old puppet master to see Snoke complete Kylo's training only to be slaughtered by him.

grizzla, dlbates and dekaneas like this.
  15. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
  16. Math1eson

Math1eson Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2015
    I'd really like to see Lando again but Billy Dee is 78 so i think it's highly unlikely.

17. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    As much as I'd love that smooth sailing swindler unless he really contributes to the story I think leave him out. I think having him appear as a hologram or in a resistance briefing scene would be too much of a tease for fans and others would complain that he was shoehorned in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001

Age is just a number. It's how well he is that will count, IMO, but I do think it's very likely he'll get a cameo. I can see a scene with Leia where they are mourning Han.

19. dlbates

Nov 30, 2014
    It would be funny for him to hit on Leia though... "Sorry to hear about Han, but now that he's finally out of the way....."

20. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    A haiku on how I feel about Lando hitting on Leia post-Han's death:

No no no no no
    No no no no no no no
    No no no no no

21. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I could see them flirting with each other (maybe a "welcome Leia" with a kiss on the hand. 3PO could say something funny maybe [face_laugh] )

But just in humour...

dlbates likes this.
  22. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998

Yea...with the drama over the actual shooting location this isn't shocking in the least. They probably got the bare minimum they needed there in the fall and likely won't ever return because of those dumb birds. It's an awesome location, but it's way too much trouble to use as a filming location for a movie on such a short time frame as Ep8.

23. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I'm excited to see what the interior of the first Jedi Temple looksike, presuming it's not completely devastated and exposed.

Enkei and Chained Prometheus like this.
  24. Math1eson

Math1eson Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2015

I agree with and enjoyed your Haiku and your perfect ranking of the saga. Well done.

PymParticles likes this.
  25. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Harrison is like 73, and yet not only did Han have a HUGE presence in TFA, but he was often in the thick of the action. So Billy Dee's age being a problem isn't something that I think the filmmakers are all that concerned about.

And it'd just be weird to have Han die and then NOT ever see or here from Lando. It'd be like Spock dying in Wrath of Khan and then never getting Kirk or Bones's reactions to/thoughts on it.

PymParticles likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.