main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Even More Magniloquent New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , Dec 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @Thawn082

Did you see Billy Dee on DWTS? He is an old 78. Like Carrie, Billy Dee has lived a tough life.

Yes Harrison is 73 but you won't find many guys that fit at 73. He might be Top 5% fitness for his age.

I love me some Billy Dee but he really wouldn't much to the table at this point outside of "hey there is Lando!"

Avnar likes this.
  2. poundpuppy29

poundpuppy29 Jedi Master star 1

Jul 3, 2007
    But it was very evident to me that Harrison Ford was too old to be playing an action movie star now that was evident in the Indy 4 movie to me too I loved him in 42 that was a more age appropriate role and was awesome I enjoy him as an actor but I think this fandom needs to let go of him I loved Han Solo too but Harrison is not immortal so if they can bring Billy Dee back in an age appropriate way similar to how they brought Carrie Fisher back that works for me

Sci-Fi & Fantasy Junkie Massachusetts Girl using Tapatalk on smartphone

Crix-Madine likes this.
  3. dan1210

dan1210 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 27, 2015
    Yeah check his celebration interview, i love the character but he could hardly string a sentence together in that interview.

dekaneas and Luke02 like this.
  4. Jim Ryalto

Jim Ryalto Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 21, 1998

Who's to say they will get call sheets again? As I understand it, they got the call sheet info from Indie Revolver, who got the info from that DarthPsychotic guy, who got them from a contract worker who was let go because of the production delay when Harrison Ford broke his leg. That sequence of events happening again is unlikely, and you can be sure that Lucasfilm is going to 1) put less plot info in the call sheets, and 2) keep a tighter leash on the call sheets.

There's a good chance that this time around most of what MSW will get is going to rely on their sources in publishing, merchandising.

Darth_Pevra and poundpuppy29 like this.
  5. poundpuppy29

Jul 3, 2007
    ve
    very good point there is no guarantied source everytime

6. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    Our old friend Mr_Ghostface_Lives says:

7. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012

Luke goes dark, to save his daughter? Ultimate sacrifice to save the his progeny.

8. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I would not be surprisse if they kill Luke somehow at the end of VIII.

Would be nice if he gave us intel on who Rey is.

9. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Is he reliable?

Gesendet von meinem GT-P3110 mit Tapatalk

10. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    Go and check my post in the Luke's thread. SWNN posted an article 15 months ago with his posts about TFA. He IS reliable.

Chained Prometheus likes this.
  11. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Interesting. Remember that theory, a member posted a few years ago, about Luke deliberately becoming the villain in order to unite the galaxy against a single common enemy?

"surprise some people" doesn't send like Luke dying in the ultimate selfless act; implies he does something completely out of character.

Chained Prometheus likes this.
  12. Chained Prometheus

Chained Prometheus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2013

How reliable is this guy? What's his past record? :)

Also, that bit about Luke's actions being surprising reminds me a lot of those old reports for TFA where Luke was going to pop up in the third act and save everyone but "in a bad way." It could be that they decided to move that bit of the story over to Episode VIII, so that Luke could be developed more leading into that event.

13. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    I hope they don´t make anything wierd with him. I prefer him dead than twisted.

14. Chained Prometheus

Chained Prometheus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2013

I prefer the term "nuanced." If they do decide to go in a surprising direction with Luke, I'm willing to trust Rian Johnson's judgement on that matter, as well as his ability as a director to pull it off. It'll fit his character, at least by the time that such a shift were to happen.

15. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Since Luke is our old protagonist. I wonder if we'd follow him into the nether force realm. Like...we've never seen that, and since he was our old viewpoint into the Force, and the GFFA, it could be interesting to see when he dies, what that's like. What else exists. Maybe there's something for him to fight there as well.

Palpatine2016 likes this.
  16. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    So, this is another year and a half about evil Luke speculation again? Oh boy...

Baron_Papanerd and Seeher like this.
  17. Stringer_Bell

Stringer_Bell Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 3, 2008
    I'm desperate to see who Benicio Del Toro plays.

18. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    I pay attention to him because back in May 2014 he was posting the first information we were hearing about the sets at Pinewood. He seems to be at Pinewood, but not working on Star Wars.

None of those posts are on IMDB anymore.

19. Deathstar03

Deathstar03 Jedi Youngling

Dec 31, 2015
    This sounds like someone who may have seen the script cast list, no Han and new characters. And then flipped through to see a lot of Luke/Leia, and the ending.
    Hopefully not set in stone - I am still holding out hope for some kind of Han appearance.

20. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012

How about... Rey is beaten, about to be killed by Kylo. Skywalker stops him with the force, perhaps completely disarming him or making him helpless ala Rey and Kylo in TFA. Then he refuses to capture or kill him, just tells him to leave.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  21. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Yeah I don't think they will go with evil Luke after a whole movie looking for him to help them like if he was the messiah .

22. poundpuppy29

Jul 3, 2007
    I think you need to let Han go it's over for him

Sci-Fi & Fantasy Junkie Massachusetts Girl using Tapatalk on smartphone

Seeher likes this.
  23. CakeThiefPro

CakeThiefPro Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 16, 2015
    I wouldn't mind if Han left a final message for Leia to give us a little closure. Nothing more though.

24. mglover92

mglover92 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    The whole kill off Luke thing is getting old and to Cliche. So they kill off Luke next in 8 and then Leia in 9? To predictable. I doubt they go that way. Have Luke live out the movie and franchise with his daughter.

ChildOfWinds likes this.
  25. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    I think it's possible he will die in VIII and come back as a Force ghost in IX.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.