main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Evil Muses Society (Fangirl Challenge up! Take a gander!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Vongchild, Oct 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    Okay, I'm sure I'm not the only one with a particularly evil muse (Her name is Cleopatra and she has a tendency to put characters in embarassing situations.) Anyone else got an evil muse so comical (or devious) that they want to share it with the world?

Well, my friends,

You've come to the right place!

[face_devil]

[face_devil]

[face_devil]

2. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    Jace keeps coming up with the oddest slash pairings, but thankfully I can't write them. ;)

But he is quite amusing. He's part of my humour muse, which seems to be made up of a strange combination of Jace, Wes Janson, and my school friends.

And he betas my fics for me. Which only sounds slightly worse than saying I don't have a beta. XD;;

3. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    Oh yes... Brit is constantly trying to get me to do other things and be cruel to my readers... I've got to stop listening to her. :p

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    My muse is completely evil. She changes her name so I can't call her when I want to. Sometimes she even looks male! Sigh...

5. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    an example of Cleo's ideas:

(dialogue I haven't put in my fics yet but intend to)
    Ferath: My parents were here making my life miserable and where was my best friend? Off saving the universe, apparently!
    Kyn: I kind of liked you better in that dress.
    Ferath: Do you prefer your teeth inside or outside of your mouth?
    *meanwhile, Kyn cannot do anything but stare at ferath's chest, which he has never noticed bofore.*

Jaina: I suppose that you've done this to yourself to stress to me the importance of abstinence?
    Mara: No, not really.

6. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I have NO idea what happened here...

7. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I saw this and about fell off my chair laughing!!

My good freind AM (my muse's initails- he said he prefers to remain anony-muse :p ) is the KING of the [face_devil] 'Evil Muse Society' [face_devil]

Things he does to me:

1) Give me titles for a fic, and I have NO idea what they mean until later (Take my current ficcy, And All Points North, He finally told me in chapter 3 what it ment).

2) Demands that I do things HIS way - PERIOD.

3) HE decides on the story, (or art or what have you) what we will write and when.

On the flip side:

1) I've come to trust his judgement - Barring his suggestions of HANDMAIDENS (Don't ask).

2) He's never let me down.

3) I absolutely [face_love] Adore him [face_love]

8. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Ah yes. My least favorite evil muse moments are when I'm given a fantastic scene... but no plot. A small glimpse at new characters doing new and cool things, only no reason for it... *sob*

9. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    my evil muse is Mush and is gaining power.

10. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    Cleo! We've created a monster!

I never knew so many people had evil muses!

well... maybe Cleo did.

Cleo: [face_devil]

Ah! "What am I going to do with this scene?" syndrome! It's happened to me. Trust me, it has.

and what beautiful scenes they are.

unfortunately, they all cancel eachother out.

11. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I have an evil muse. She takes my stories and adds mean plot twists. My readers hate her.

12. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    hmm... Now if only we can get a chat going...

13. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Has anyone ever had a story planned out and in the middle of writing it when their muse gave them an evil idea that changed the story a lot?

14. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Oh, yeah. He electrocuted a few people, impaled a few others...it was awful. My Ocs wanted to lynch me!

15. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Poor you!! Is that how Leia almost died?

Nat

16. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    My muse looks oddly like Hayden Christensen in a pink bunny suit . . . :p

I don't really have a "muse", but I have very, very evil plotbunnies that keep spawning like, well, bunnies.

Dana

17. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    all the time. halfway through the last chapter of Vessel, Cleo was like "Puppy love is cute." and now my Dathomiri OC wants to set a mob of nightsisters on me.

my other OC is on cloud nine.

Her idea... my headache.

that and the time Cleo wanted to kill my main character in childbirth. -_-

don't think I wrote that one.

The Zit and The Emperor's New Groove- they're funny... and evil. :D

18. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    My evil muse is Darth Vader himself; he handles the angsty posts that I write with great creativity. My good muse is Han Solo from Return of the Jedi, telling me to get down, and people will love me no matter how often I screw something up. [face_laugh]

19. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Dana, you are so lucky!! I wish my muse looked like Hayden. She looks like a Mary Sue except her voice is really high (and shrill), and she's happy about hurting people and does it with a smile.

20. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    If we were all so lucky as to have muses that looks like Hayden.... *drools and turns into an anime representation of a fangirl*

Cleo looks like some ancient egyptian cat godess with her tail wrapped around a pencil. I'll draw a pic and scan it some day for all to see!

Cleo: Vongchild is a :-B

I have a good muse too! His name is Salad, as in Caeser.

Yes, I have Cleo and Caeser for muses.

Yes, they attacked me durring world history.

Yes, they hate eachother's guts.

21. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003

My muse keeps changing both names, locations, and appearence. :p Lately my muse has been a girl, with a chain saw, in the bahamas, named Savvy.

Before that it was a guy, with a very pointy pen, in my living room, who didn't have a name but kept drawing really cool scenes and telling me I HAD to write them into my stories and then said that I had to kill my favorite characters.... :_| I hated that time. :(

Savvy: *starts up chain saw* He was a pain. [face_devil]

Me: >.<;; *groan*

22. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I have one. He usually goes by the name Gadell or Trevor and he looks remarkably like Jonathan Rhys Meyers. He's REALLY snarky.

Sometimes a good Dark Side Jacen Solo plays a good muse too. And those darn plot bunnies...

23. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Yes, Nat. It's all his fault. He looks like the Beast from Angel, it's no fair that Dana gets a cute guy!

He loves killing people, preferably in nasty ways. He also likes breaking people up....[face_devil]

24. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    *glances sideways* Jace just looks like YJK!Jacen Solo, only with blue eyes and none of the hotness potential.

Jace: Hey! Not true. >(
    dj: And his jokes are even worse.
    Jace: >(

25. Myri_Antilles

Myri_Antilles Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Well, I'm not sure it it would be considered my "muse," but in nearly every post I write, everything is moving along nicely and then - without warning - suddenly I'm rambling and the scene refuses to end! Maybe it's just the characters refusing to shut up or something... :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.