main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The Expanded Universe Senate

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sinrebirth , Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Soooo little from the EU. Disney nuked it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Don't worry I'm going to put a limit of some kind on how long a thread can be inactive before a senate seat is in jeopardy. A month tops. Or if no one agrees it stays at 14 days, but no vote yet please.

As far as the Episode VII stuff goes we just don't know enough yet. So far all discussions about losing our beloved characters and story lines have been positive I hope can all continue to express our frustrations and excitement for the new films as a community.

Poll sounds great. I'm not reading anything unfortunately...just too busy :(

3. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Thanks, now my seat is dissolving and a Sinre just dropped the bummer card. Even my deipnosophist abilities have left me. :(

Sinrebirth likes this.
  4. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Well, my groups quieter than morgue.....so I won't be a Senator for much longer. :( Eh, I'll live.

5. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    It's under sad circumstances, but every group mentioned yesterday got revived over night. If the clubs continue to dwindle though new ones will form and I'm sure you will be a part of those Addie. That goes out to any Senator who may be unable to keep an old group active. If there's a new one that interests you join, you may end up back here again shortly. I don't want to cut any senators. It just doesn't seem fair to have senators of groups that are no longer active.

6. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    Nothing like a tragedy to get people talking again.

I know the X-Wing Fan Club has been slow - very slow. And if it comes down to it, and we're no longer eligible for the Senate, I'll be okay. My participation around here has been somewhat erratic of late, due to various factors. But I know that I can still make my thoughts heard if need be.

7. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm going to put two things up for a vote. All senators please vote I agree or I disagree to the following:

1. GM's who have active games and would like the right to vote will be given the right to vote. The game must be active for at least a 3 months (or one game could end another start within this period) before the start of the vote. Once the game ends the GM must step down as senator.

2. A club an be inactive for up to 28 days instead of 14 before a senator loses their seat.

We need 3/4's of the votes to change either of these rules. Currently GM's cannot be senators and clubs can only go inactive for 14 days before a senator loses their seat. If you vote that you disagree you are voting to keep things the way they are now. If you agree you are agreeing to a change.

Voting will end on March 10th, that should give everyone plenty of time.

8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Perhaps the roster should be listed and the parties PM'd?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Everyone has been PM'd ;)

10. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I agree with the changes

Runjedirun likes this.
  11. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I agree with both 1 and 2.

Runjedirun likes this.
  12. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    The NUS Senator agrees.

Runjedirun likes this.
  13. CrazyOldHermit

CrazyOldHermit Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    The Vice Chancellor agrees.

Runjedirun likes this.
  14. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Agreed with both.

Runjedirun likes this.
  15. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    NJO/LOTF Senator agrees on both.

Runjedirun likes this.
  16. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    XWFC Senator agrees with 1 and 2.

Runjedirun likes this.
  17. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    1. GM's who have active games and would like the right to vote will be given the right to vote. The game must be active for at least a 3 months (or one game could end another start within this period) before the start of the vote. Once the game ends the GM must step down as senator.
    I agree.
    2. A club an be inactive for up to 28 days instead of 14 before a senator loses their seat.
    I agree.

Runjedirun likes this.
  18. Mandalore The Uniter

Mandalore The Uniter Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    On both amendments, the MFC Senator votes YES.

Runjedirun likes this.
  19. General Valerian

General Valerian Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 6, 2013
    Greetings, honorary representatives of the EU. I am pleased to announce my return to the boards. It certainly seems like I have a lot of catching up to do. It is and will be good to be back.

Rebecca_Daniels

20. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Oh good, I can go back to ignoring the Senate now. Have fun.

21. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    That's a fantastic attitude to have. :rolleyes:

22. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    It's up to you to take that as negative, it wasn't intended that way. I ignored the Senate for years and participating has only made the EUC less enjoyable to me. I'm going back to that now, as I said I'd do when Val returned. So I'm gone. Legitimately, have fun - I'm sure Runner has some great stuff coming up.

23. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I understood Becca, one of the many reasons I stepped down. I know the NJO/LOTF won't need me here anymore either....back to relaxing ;)

24. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    The voting period has apparently ended.

25. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Yea, you beat me to it. :)

Both propositions have passed!

If there is a a game thread that wants to be represented, persuade your GM to present themselves as a senator and your thread will now get a vote.

Also threads only need to be active once a month to earn representation in the senate.

Now I have two questions for everyone. Everyone, Senators, Vice Chancellors, Jedi, Dark Lords, Mandos and Citizens. Would anyone be interested in doing an EU interview thread? (you can take a peak in Lit, or SWC to see examples of these). And is anyone interested in running these interviews if we have enough interest?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.