main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Expanse (book and TV and...video game series?)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lord Vivec, Nov 30, 2014.

1. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    fingers crossed that it gets picked up by someone else. first two seasons are already on amazon so that seems like a natural fit, if they're not spending all of their money on this lord of the rings show.

TX-20 likes this.
  2. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Amazon could happen. They're also making a TV show of The Culture and Ringworld, I think.

3. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Deeply disappointed at its cancellation. SyFy just doesn't learn from their previous mistakes. I hoping that Netflix picks it up now.

4. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I saw someone share a story about the cancellation on Facebook, with a "now we'll never know how it ends" comment. I hate non-readers.

TX-20 likes this.
  5. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Looks like Netflix has passed on picking it up for further seasons :(

6. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Amazon is officially in talks to pick it up for Season 4 :)

TX-20 and Master_Rebado like this.
  7. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    MRW The Expanse is saved but I have to thank Jeff Bezos for it.

[​IMG]

8. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    How do we know he's not just doing this to gain access to the protomolecule?

9. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Fantastic to hear that Amazon has saved The Expanse :D

TX-20 likes this.
  10. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    So because of the hubbub over this being cancelled and then picked up again, I decided to give it a go after having it on my Netflix list for ages. Really glad I did. Just finished episode 5 of season two and they killed my favourite character, the ********. That combined with the terrible stuff with the Martian marine grunts at the start of the second season is making me wonder if I should continue.

11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Bobbi is amazing, you shut your mouth!!! :p

The2ndQuest , Jedi Ben and TX-20 like this.
  12. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004

[​IMG]

Iron_lord, Jedi Ben and TX-20 like this.
  13. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    She must come into her own later in the series because that stuff at the start is sub-CW level cringe. Regardless, I'm continuing on account of Avasarala, who's my new favourite. That and the hope of more space battles. The brief one in Doors & Corners was great.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  14. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Definitely stick with it, I felt the same when it happened.

15. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    Oh I have. Finished season two last night. Sadly season three isn't airing on Netflix as it's being show on TV, so off to the torrents I go. Got what's aired of season three ready to go, should be done by tomorrow I reckon.

Glad Draper's story picked up. I'm completely in love with Avasarala's character. Putting Draper with her was a good move to get me to care for her more. Honestly wasn't expecting monsters though. Should be interesting to see how that plays out.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  16. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Season 3 hit the UK via Amazon Prime about a week ago. Went through all 13 episodes yesterday - truly epic.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  17. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    I can say that The Expanse is probably the best Sci-Fi series I have ever seen. Really love the diverse and strong characters, the intelligent storyline with good twists and the balanced mix between action oriented parts and political intrigues. My favorite characters are Miller and Holden. Felt also very bad when Miller was gone after episode 5 in season 2, but I think it was done in a great emotional way. I also can't imagine this was the last we saw of him. At least I hope he returns in some way. [face_praying]

I started watching the first 2 seasons last year in fall before it was taken away from netflix. Now 3 seasons are available on amazon prime and I started a subscription there as well to watch it. Yesterday I finished rewatching the first 2 seasons and will start with season 3 today. :)

Jedi Ben likes this.
  18. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Same here, I watched both netflix seasons in the space of about a week. I was lucky, two days after I finished them I noticed they had all disappeared and had to look on the internet to see why. I was planning to watch the 3rd season on blu-ray instead of getting AP, but the release date is some date in 2020!?

nightangel likes this.
  19. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    wow, 2020 seems very late. :eek:

The start on AP was a little chaotic, at least here in Germany. First only season 3 was on prime and the first 2 seasons for buying. Luckily this was just a mistake and they were later put on prime as well. I really wanted to rewatch these 2 seasons before starting with season 3.

20. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    Just started watching about 4 episodes in the first season. Really good so far

nightangel likes this.
  21. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Watching season 3 at the moment. I'm really enjoying it.

nightangel likes this.
  22. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i caught up recently. without spoiling anything, i'll just say the end of season three blew my mind. thinking about picking up the books to see where it goes from there.

23. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Hope you do! They're a lot of fun. Some people don't like Cibola Burn (book 4), but it's one of my favorites.

I decided to reread Persepolis Rising to make sure I have the book version of things in my mind when Tiamat's Wrath comes out in a couple weeks.

nightangel, tom and Point Given like this.
  24. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Finished season 3 last night. It's so nice to watch a show where the makers already know where the season is going and how it ends, as opposed to making it as they go along. Great season.

nightangel, tom and AhsokaSolo like this.
  25. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    do you think i should start the books from the beginning, or could i start from where the show left off without missing too much?