main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Face Inside -AU-Xani/Ani/Obi Updated 2/20/03 COMPLETE!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Dec 30, 2002.

1. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    Hey, you stared posting your new story and I haven't noticed.

The two posts were great as always. I think I will enjoy the ride.

The idea of Palpy with no force crowling at Xani' feet is priceless! The counter-point to your previous fic.

And the interaction between Xan and Obi is promising, to say at least.

Vadey

2. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Cas Chilling! Dark! Me likey! :D Your welcome for the post! My gift to you all! :)

Jedi_Suzuran Ani will be tolerable (as tolerable as he can be! ) in the beginning! Haven't quite decided his fate! ;)

On a more personal note Padawan .Um..are you really sure about this new do you have going on? Don't get mad but... Yikes! [face_plain] As your Master I feel it would be remiss of me not to offer my opinion on the matter! :D

VadeyFan * shakes a finger * Shame on you! Not knowing I had started posting! :p

I hope we all enjoy this trip! :)

I'm a little worried about this being my third Xan/Obi fic in a row.Hope this one comes off differently.Their relationship is certainly more hostile! :D

3. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    No planets to plunder or innocent children to corrupt? :D

Score!! I thought that cold ominous person sounded suspiciously like Xani!

Excellent again, OE! Yes, poor precioussss (hmm... I appear to have been possessed by the spirit of Gollum ;)) Obi-Wan seems to already be persued by the Oh-so-cool Xanatos.

Now one question- well, one of many, I'm sure- is there going to be a dark Obi-Wan?... though I don't expect an answer- I can wish... [face_laugh]

Absolutely loved it! And definitely can't wait for more!

Happy New Year! :)

4. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I get stuck at work for 2 miserable days and you start this story without me?

This is really chilling. Xanatos is the Dark Lord and Palpy nothing more than his minion- ohhh I just love the interaction so far between Xanatos and his "little one" :D I think I'll make a pina colada right now to toast your new fic and the New Year!

5. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Wow, the games are already afoot! I loved this confrontation. Poor Obi-Wan is standing there thinking about all of the changes over the past month and his perceived failure when his worst nightmare casually strolls up. Yikes! If Obi-Wan was unsettled before, I can imagine what this turn of events is going to do. :eek:

Thanks for the unexpected New Year's present. Happy New Year back at ya! :)

6. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Sheleigh Well technically Xan is after Anakin but he just can't seem to resist tormenting our poor Obi! :D

dark Obi-Wan ? I'm not telling! ;)

Padawan_Kitara Glad you found me! :)

Xan and his little one will have many opportunities to encite eachother in this fic! :p It's like lighting a fire under Obi-Wan and standing back to watch it burn! :D

Sheila Unsettled is a good way to describe it! Next few posts we get to see exactly how unsettled Jinn's former Padawan makes him! [face_mischief]

7. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    Nice job with this one, obi-ew, my fellow Linkin Park fanatic!!

:D :)

OK, first off, very nice choice of songs, it runs very nicely alongside Obi-Wan's current feelings, especially these lines...

It's like I'm paranoid looking over my back

It's like a whirlwhind inside of my head

It's like I can't stop what I'm feeling within

It's like a face inside it's right beneath my skin

:)

Also, I'm very impressed with the way you can take Xanatos and portray him, with equal feasability, as a good friend and true Jedi, like in "Underneath a Sky of Dust", and as a Sith Master, like here....

He's very chilling, and the tension between him and Obi-Wan in the last post was so thick you could cut it with a knife!

Very nice work, and am looking forward to the next post!

8. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    You, Woman, are evil. You know that? It's a damn good thing c-o-o-o-l-l-l-d-d showers are so cheap.

Still waiting for that 'other' story,OE, although this one is plenty intriguing. I'm now torn between deciding which I prefer - Xan, warm, cuddly, and adoring of 'his little shadow' - or Xan, cunning, dangerous, hot as a firecracker, cold as ice, and (possibly?) still adoring 'his little one'.

Wow!

More soon, please.

CYN

9. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    astroanna :) I'm very happy! I was hoping you would give this new one a try! The lyrics I think are going to correlate both Obi-Wan's and Anakin's emotions as we go along.Xan being the catalyst for both of course! ;)

I actually hesitated starting this fic because of the very reasons you mentioned.Wasn't sure I could pull off nasty conniving Xan after the way I wrote him in the last two fics. You guys promise to let me know if I start messing up okay? :D

Cyn Hum.Cold showers may be a necessity with this new fic also! :p I have to admit that although I adore my warm and cuddly Xan I am enjoying writing him this way very mucho! :D

As for adoring his little one? Well his feelings are most assuredly strong! :)

My other fic ? Well when PT gets it up and running on her new site I promise to let you guys know! :D

10. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    I have no shame! :)

11. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    CHAPTER THREE

Anakin drew in gasping breaths through his mouth as he struggled to keep up with his Master's long ground eating strides.Arriving at an air-taxi,Obi-Wan moved toward the back and settled into the seat as he huddled in his robe.Turning,he stared out the window at the busy traffic lanes in an almost brooding silence.

Setting his new piece of machinery on the seat between them,Anakin glanced over at the young Knight curiously.Having only been together for a little over a month he knew very little about the man beside him.What information he had been able to gather had come in bits and pieces from various Temple sources.

Obi-Wan had almost not become a Jedi Knight.A fact which still shocked Anakin.He had been shipped off to something called Agri-Corps right before his thirteenth birthday.Luck or the Force had brought him and Master Jinn together on a mission and a bond had formed.

Another stunning fact had been learning that at one point Obi-Wan had voluntarily left the Jedi in order to help lead a group of children in a revolution on some distant planet.Once he had been accepted back he had spent the remaining years being the model of a perfect Padawan.

It had taken less time for Anakin to discover that his Master was wise,powerful,well respected and liked by everyone he met.Before today Anakin wouldn't have believed it was possible for anything to shake his Master's steely calm.

Until he had stepped out of the shop and found his Master almost vibrating with barely controlled anger.Anger directed at the man in the marketplace.A man who had managed to accomplish the impossible.

He had made Obi-Wan Kenobi lose any and all control of his emotions.

Anakin wanted,no needed to know how and why.Gathering his courage he finally spoke into the silence.

"Master are you allright?" He asked hesitantly.

Obi-Wan turned to face him but the young Knight's eyes were faraway and vacant.

"Master?" Anakin repeated with real concern.

Obi-Wan seemed to mentally shake himself before giving him a small smile.

"Did you say something Padawan?"

"That man upset you.Who was he?" Anakin asked.

Obi-Wan sighed softly before answering.

"His name is Xanatos deCrion.He was Qui-Gon's apprentice before me." He explained. "Before he turned to the Darkside and betrayed everything he had been taught."

"He was a Jedi?" Anakin exclaimed with wide eyes.

His Master nodded as they pulled up in front of the Temple.Urging the boy inside he began to move off.

"I must see Master Yoda, Anakin.You're free until supper hour." He told him before striding away.

Dissatisfied with the explanation and his apparent dismissal,Anakin slowly made his way to his room.

Reaching out with the Force,Obi-Wan was able to trace the ancient Jedi Master's presence to the Gardens.Knowing exactly where he could find him he made his way toward the Fountains.

Slitted green eyes watched as he approached and knelt on one knee.

"Upset you are young one." Yoda stated.

"Xanatos is on Coruscant." Obi-Wan blurted out. "He approached me in the market place."

"Talk to you did he?" Yoda asked.

"Yes Master.He said he only wanted to offer his condolences on Qui-Gon's death." Obi-Wan said with sarcasm.

Yoda studied him intently before speaking.

"Believe him you do not?" He asked gently.

"Of course I don't believe him!" Obi-Wan exclaimed. " He most likely rejoiced when he heard the news!"

"Perhaps his concern is for you.Always drawn to you he was." Yoda commented.

A shiver ran through Obi-Wan at his words.

"I can't really agree with that Master.He tried to kill me often enough." He reminded the Jedi Master.

Yoda sighed heavily.

"A child you were.Not fully trained.Kill you he could have if that were his true
    intent."Was his surprising answer.

Obi-Wan pondered that for several minutes before finally meeting Yoda's gaze.

"He seemed...different.Darker." He told Yoda.

"Perhaps fully embraced the Darkside he finally has.Unfortunate if true." Yoda told him. "Does this upset

12. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Oh, ho, ho - the plot is definitely thickening. And you are going to do it, aren't you, OE; you're going to forge a bond between these two, whether of the Light or the Dark - or both. How absolutely intriguing! You have a marvelously fertile imagination - and I can't wait for you to explore it, taking us along for the ride.

And I'm still torn between Bad Xan and Good Xan; as much as I love Angel Obi, I must also confess to a certain weakness - for scoundrels. [face_love]

CYN

13. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    *points to CYN's post above*

What she said. :D

Great post, though master, I'm most intrigued. Will Xani turn good? *sniff* I like good Xani. [face_love] I like bad Xani too, of course. Heck, I like all of Xani! :p

And what is this about a 'do? I confess I'm confused. ?[face_plain]

14. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    good Xan/bad Xan, works for me.

This one looks very interesting so far.

15. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Ooh, this is so good. I can't wait for more, but am worried what would happen if Obi-Wan discovered who his papa is!!! :(

Again, so good, obi_ew!!! I'm loving it!!! :D [face_love]

EDIT: Somehow, I missed the post where Xani and Obi met in the marketplace. Well, just read that, and am astonished by your talent to write the fallen Jedi as chilling and, maybe, darkly caring for Obi. This story is going to the top of my reading priority list pronto. Excellent.

EDIT #2: I am a bonehead. Pure and simple.

16. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    Very nice work, obi-ew!

<<"Perhaps his concern is for you.Always drawn to you he was." Yoda commented.

A shiver ran through Obi-Wan at his words.

"I can't really agree with that Master.He tried to kill me often enough." He reminded the Jedi Master.

Yoda sighed heavily.

"A child you were.Not fully trained.Kill you he could have if that were his true
    intent."Was his surprising answer.>>

This part is so full of foreboding.....

Can't help but think that those lines are going to take on more significance....

I'm very anxious to see where this goes, obi-ew!

17. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Wonderful post, oe! You're doing so well at writing these characters in character, and also creating interesting plots! Wow! I can't wait to see where you take this. :D

18. Robiwankenobi

Robiwankenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2002
    Poor Obi, He's been feeling a lot of anger lately, hasn't he? I wonder if maybe... nah, that wouldn't happen.

That was great OE! Keep it up. :D

19. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Cyn [face_plain] Do what? A bond you say? Actually I have no idea what so ever what I'm doing with these two! :D As for bad Xan,I am ashamed to admit that I am enjoying him alot ! He's very fun to write!

Jedi-Suzuran Good Xan? Naw we had two fics of him! :p I was refering to your lovely new hairdo Padawan .As Ewan would say, You have danish on your head! :D

PaddyJuan :) My lurker is here! Thank you for showing me your cute face!

LuvEwan Um.I'm not sure but I think you have me and FZ's fic confused.Xan in my fic is most definately NOT Obi-Wan's daddy! I am enjoying her fic though! :) My Xan is chilly? :D Wasn't sure if I could pull it off! Hope to see you around more! :)

astroanna ;) Kinda makes you wonder why Xan didn't use his opportunities to off Obi doesn't it? [face_mischief]

Cas Thank you my Lady! I can't wait to see either! :D

Robiwankenobi Too bad Joe hasn't made his way here so you wouldn't be surrounded by us girls! :D Course I guess for a guy that probably isn't such a bad thing! :p

Fraid Obi-Wan's anger issues don't get any better any time soon!

Never happen Never say never! [face_devil]

20. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Oh my gosh. I am so sorry that I confused your story, your great and wonderful and distinct story, with someone else's! :( I am so so so so so sorry! I usually don't read Xani fics, and then there were two I started at around the same time....

Not much of an excuse, but that's what happened.

Okay, now I'll feel guilty for the next, like, week. I can't apologize enough.

:_|

21. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Don't feel quilty!So many fics out there it's easy to get mixed up! :) I know you've read mine and enjoyed so I am very happy! :)

22. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    "Perhaps his concern is for you.Always drawn to you he was." Yoda commented. :eek:

Very interesting. I liked this post very much. Anakin musing on his new master and what he has learned about him and Obi-Wan being so overwhelmed by everything that has been happening over the past month. I am loving it and can't wait to see where you go from here. :)

23. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Sheila :) Glad you like so far.Next post you get our first Xani/Ani moment! ;) Plus more angry Obi! :D

24. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Awesome, new story and with a evil Xanatos. ***claps hands together*** YEA!!!!!

You do love Linkin Park but you couldn't have picked a better song to name your story. That and Crawling are my favorite. In fact Crawling seems to fit Xan too. Most of their songs do.

Cant wait for next post.

25. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Padawan3 * obi_ew jumps up and down * Yeah you found me early on this time! :) Glad you like my evil Xan!And yes I do like my Linkin Park! I think me and astroanna need to start a support group! :D Hope you stick with me! :)